PDA

View Full Version : Sword vs Bow

Voxed
05-05-2010, 01:12 PM
My Friends and I are gearing up for PvP. We are making a Enchantress but I can't chose between Bow vs. Sword due to lack of info.

There is Pixxie's legendary spec which is great in all ways, but there is no real Bow post, just a few people saying "Yea its Uber".

Im thinking bow would be better because you can still do auto damage while frozen in place away from your target, I know you can still cast but some times you just need those few extra hits. But then HP and Armor are also useful in PvP.

Just wanted to get what people though of Sword vs. Bow, But with there reasons why and remember Im looking at PvP wise instead of PvE.

Violentsaint
05-06-2010, 07:00 AM
ive been using pixxies spec, the only downside with it is having to spam mana potions all the time, and ive often spent all my gold on mana pots and ran out of pots, in wich case my character is basicly useless. and pots will be disabled in pvp, so im really thinking swords not the way to go.

but with PvE i found out today that you can buy potions in town now really cheap if you buy in bulk. you can get 100 potions for 1500 gold, wich is 900 gold cheaper than bringing up the menu while your in a campaign and pressing buy 25 potions 4 times.

hopefully if i buy in bulk from town i can make 100 potions last till i farm 1500 gold again. =D

Voxed
05-06-2010, 04:42 PM
Thank you very good point about the mana pots and how that spec drains mana

SlipperyJim
05-07-2010, 01:09 PM
My advice is theoretical, 'cuz Atropos is mainly Int, with a little Dex for improved to-hit & DPS. So take it with a grain of salt....

Don't just consider the weapons. Also consider the armour. My bear (Epimetheus) is much more survivable than my chicken (Aereus), and a lot of that comes from his armour. Warrior armour is a lot more protective than archer armour. It keeps you alive longer, especially when being swarmed by a whole mess o' mobs. I have noticed that Atropos tends to get swarmed a lot -- usually for daring to cast a Heal spell or my AoE nukes -- which usually leads to her death.

If I was going to re-spec Atropos, I'd go for Str so she could wear warrior armour. That way, maybe she'd survive a little more while she's tossing out the Heals and AoE carnage....

Violentsaint
05-07-2010, 06:47 PM
slipperyjim has a good point, seing as pots are disabled in pvp, i think it would be best to run in and do as may aoe spells as possible and when you run out of mana, you'll have a bunch of damaged enemys around you and you'll have warrior armor and sheild to protect you while you slice down whatevers left of your enemys after you cast, lightning, firestorm, life drain (life drain does Alot of damage and heals ALOT of your health once youve put 5 points in it)

anyone agree this is a good idea?

p.s life drain is not aoe but it does do alot of damage to a single target (anywere between 25-50% of the enemys health, and usually heals me back to full health no matter how low my health is)

Voxed
05-07-2010, 08:17 PM
The armor is a good point as well.
Any enchantress playing dex? I would really like to know how there mana does, if its any better then a Pally.

sarenel
05-10-2010, 10:52 AM
Wait what? Where can you play against other players?

Justg
05-10-2010, 11:05 AM
Not yet, but we are juuuuust about to submit Client 1.2 to Apple, which contains PvP and Secure Trade.

King Richie
05-10-2010, 12:47 PM
Is Juuuuuuust saying like today ?

TheBaconKing
05-10-2010, 12:50 PM
What is the average review time down to now? I remember when it used to be 2-3 weeks. Has it gotten any better?

pbfreek
05-10-2010, 06:02 PM
Is Juuuuuuust saying like today ? Probably. If Spacetime is planning on patching 1.2 this week, today or tomorrow would be the reasonable time to send it into Apple.

Plainodd
05-10-2010, 09:26 PM
GoGo TalonChantress.

Best of both worlds, yes? Shield AND range! o:

Or you could take the dagger. o.o

But that's sort of pointless when you're not a crit heavy monster.

Rebel
05-10-2010, 09:53 PM
I'm trying out the tankchantress at the moment. It's only level 11 right now, but if you ever want to hit me up in game to see how she works send me an invite. Her name is RebelHell (its in the sig)

Nerit
05-14-2010, 03:01 PM
I would think 'bowchantresses' and 'palidans' alike would benifit from the twenty-something* intelligence required for 2 mps regen. Especially since there will be no potions allowed in PvP.

*Does anyone know the exact number? I think I'll post this question on Intelligence vs Stats Increase by Felora (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?645-EXPLAINED-Intelligence-vs-Stats-Increase-(with-GRAPHS)&highlight=intelligence+graphs).

Royce
05-14-2010, 03:20 PM
*Does anyone know the exact number? I think I'll post this question on Intelligence vs Stats Increase by Felora (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?645-EXPLAINED-Intelligence-vs-Stats-Increase-(with-GRAPHS)&highlight=intelligence+graphs)).

It's actually higher than that. You need 60 (or maybe 61?) Int for 2 M/s. I will try to get my spreadsheet onto Google Docs or something to share.

Nerit
05-14-2010, 04:11 PM
It's actually higher than that. You need 60 (or maybe 61?) Int for 2 M/s. I will try to get my spreadsheet onto Google Docs or something to share.

[Edit]: The discussion has turned much more sophisticated over at Felora's intelligence thread. Importantly, it seems that mps may be gained gradually as a gradient and not 1mps at a time. This might make me rethink the below somewhat.

Oh shoot. I'm glad to learn about this now because I was planning on raising my intelligence little by little until I hit it, thinking that it was in the mid twenties. That would have been painful. Perhaps Felora's figures are out of date? Good thing I can re-roll these stats at some point. When I do it might be 'so long' intelligence. 60 seems like too much to divert from dexterity in my character's case and I assume the same would be true of strength for a hybrid enchantress/tank. I'm thinking both types will be looking for equipment that can supplement their m/s deficiency.

Royce
05-14-2010, 04:23 PM
I can't find where in Felora's data it shows 2 M/s at 20 Int, but I could very well be missing something. Anyway, this is a topic better discussed there. Please note also, that the suspicion I posted about in that thread concerning the possibility of these values being a gradient rather than a series of discrete values is just that, a suspicion. I am very interested to know whether it might be true though.