PDA

View Full Version : What is Ypur Ideal Guild?

Crowsfoot
02-18-2014, 12:50 AM
This thread is aimed to gauge the waters per say. There are many guilds in AL. There are AP guilds, PvP guilds, Elite harvesting guilds, LB guilds, casual guilds, etc. And, every person has there own opinion on what's "best" when growing, running, and acting I'm a guild. Many guilds fail do to a lack of active players to keep the guild functioning. However, I would like to know what type of guild you would make if you could make any kind you wanted with guaranteed success.

I want to know what the general feelings towards guilds are, I am NOT trying to start a new guild.

Rules:

1) Read the introduction. Please don't skim.

2) One post for person please.

3) Don't quote anyone's post. The point is to voice your idea. You should not feel entitled to judge anyone else's post (I will not be posting I'm this thread unless the conversation skews way off track).

4) Be honest.

Zylx
02-18-2014, 01:15 AM
My ideal guild would be a guild that is pretty laid-back, yet very busy with fun events and parties. I hate talking to kids in the game (maybe because of their naive youthfulness), so i prefer the more mature people. I hate drama, and being forced into something. The guild's members are all respectful and well-experienced and the guild master is a very casual person. And of course, the guild has to have an awesome name. In my experience, i have mastered 6 guilds, and held an officer rank in ~13-15 (excluding the guilds where they promote everyone to officers upon joining). I understand what it takes to lead a guild. It takes great leadership, strength, and decisiveness. I cant tell you how many times i had wished to have never created a certain guild (having to deal with everything inside and outside the guild can be quite a load). I know that not every guild is perfect, but if every guild was, then perfection would not exist.

Pandamoni
02-18-2014, 01:31 AM
My ideal guild is one where people are respectful. Joking is fine but I don't enjoy when the /g is full of "jokes" that are thinly veiled insults. I also like being in a guild where the GM has a friendly, positive but firm attitude. I prefer older members or, if there re kids that they're mature kids. For instance, mysticaldream is a teenager but he has a wit that is sharper than many adults I know. I like to be able to laugh and be jovial, to have people I can trust and to know the people I'm playing with have at least a basic understanding of the game or the ability to learn.

I like a small enough guild that most people know one another but prefer one with a nice bit of activity. Unfortunately it isn't always possible to have a busy but laid back guild :/

I do NOT like hearing crap talking all. Day. Long in /g. I find it exhausting to hear snide remarks abt pvp, forums, etc etc. I also don't really like contests or events. I don't like feeling like I have to do certain things in a game I've paid for, as dictated by someone else.

Bless
02-18-2014, 06:56 AM
My ideal guild would be one with active members, ones who can take a joke and share many themselves. I pvp or merch mostly, so the guild MUST be able to lend a hand in pvp (which DM does flawlessly, thanks to our awesome mages and tanks as well as rogues). I believe that if I join the opposite team in pvp, I expect to be killed even by guildies, it turns that killermode switch on inside me - unless we agree not to. My preferred guild should be able to repel drama from guildchat and solve petty conflicts quickly and maturely. I like DM as a whole because it suits my pvp needs and lots of friends are there which makes it a cool environment for me to be in.

As opposed to Pandamoni, I am interested in that "crap" and take care to solve conflicts as well as just talk things out freely, of course she has a point - you cant just ramble on all day in guild chat and not get people frustrated.

~ Bless

nikolajus112
02-18-2014, 08:06 AM
My ideal is guild which specification is elites, but still peps chat in /g, its active, everyone have slots in they elites partys :3 thats all :o

Sent from my ST23i using Tapatalk

Sheener
02-18-2014, 08:35 AM
Laid back and casual, but still party together for pvp/pve. The best guild is the one with your friends in it. Ones that can good information or a laugh. I think Silent Assault is perfect for me, I will stick with them until I quit this game.

wvhills
02-18-2014, 09:10 AM
I don't really think there can be an ideal guild the way i would like a guild to be. I'd like a guild to be a combination of elite runners and pvpers. So if I feel like running elites there are people to do that with or if i feel like pvping there are people to do that with. It seems like guilds focus on either one or the other but not both. I think it just takes too much time to do both. Most pvpers get their equips by merching or opening crates. They'll cap really fast then head back to pvp. Most elite farmers never pvp (idk why). I'm not exactly sure why the two groups don't mix...

DocDoBig
02-18-2014, 09:38 AM
My ideal guild is a guild that's fun, chatty, my guild would talk about any old thing, helpful to new and old players alike, but not too demanding,
my guild should be capable of taking care of themselves and don't need hand holding, but they should coordinate well in party play.

Most members should speak English and shouldn't take a (bad) joke too serious, of course my ideal guild should respect each other, no drama etc. etc. .
The members should be adults in real life or at least should behave more mature, I like to speak to people that are older than myself ;).

I prefer a small-medium sized guild.

Alhuntrazeck
02-18-2014, 11:01 AM
This thread is aimed to gauge the waters per say. There are many guilds in AL. There are AP guilds, PvP guilds, Elite harvesting guilds, LB guilds, casual guilds, etc. And, every person has there own opinion on what's "best" when growing, running, and acting I'm a guild. Many guilds fail do to a lack of active players to keep the guild functioning. However, I would like to know what type of guild you would make if you could make any kind you wanted with guaranteed success.

I want to know what the general feelings towards guilds are, I am NOT trying to start a new guild.

Rules:

1) Read the introduction. Please don't skim.

2) One post for person please.

3) Don't quote anyone's post. The point is to voice your idea. You should not feel entitled to judge anyone else's post (I will not be posting I'm this thread unless the conversation skews way off track).

4) Be honest.

My ideal guild would be one which does PvP, elites, LOTS of fun /g n awesome contests as well as a guild which stays together and helps. Also no drama!

P.s: I quoted u foot. Does that make me disqualified? :p

Bless
02-19-2014, 01:54 PM
Love you doc :victorious:

Pandamoni
02-20-2014, 04:20 AM
As opposed to Pandamoni, I am interested in that "crap" and take care to solve conflicts as well as just talk things out freely, of course she has a point - you cant just ramble on all day in guild chat and not get people frustrated.

~ Bless

I suppose I should have been more clear. When I say crap talk I mean posturing. It's a cleaner way to say "talking sh__". I don't want to hear people raging in /g about people they're angry at or how they pwned so and so's face. If there was "crap" going on in my guild for which there was a solution to a conflict I could help squash of course I'd want to know what it was.

So, the crap I don't want to hear is crap talk...posturing...showing off...braggadocio...make sense?

Bless
02-21-2014, 09:41 AM

~ Bless

I suppose I should have been more clear. When I say crap talk I mean posturing. It's a cleaner way to say "talking sh__". I don't want to hear people raging in /g about people they're angry at or how they pwned so and so's face. If there was "crap" going on in my guild for which there was a solution to a conflict I could help squash of course I'd want to know what it was.

So, the crap I don't want to hear is crap talk...posturing...showing off...braggadocio...make sense? I see, yes im with ya on that one.

Btw my post wasn't meant to be offensive

Pandamoni
02-23-2014, 01:14 AM
I see, yes im with ya on that one.

None taken! I reread mine and I think the "make sense" sounded rude...it wasn't meant that way! I always say that irl, "does that make sense?", because nine times out of ten I'm so sleep deprived I don't know if I'm making sense! Lol

Bless
02-23-2014, 06:54 AM
I see, yes im with ya on that one.

None taken! I reread mine and I think the "make sense" sounded rude...it wasn't meant that way! I always say that irl, "does that make sense?", because nine times out of ten I'm so sleep deprived I don't know if I'm making sense! Lol Thats the 'Average Joe' for ya!

inkredible
02-25-2014, 09:41 PM
My ideal guild is everything deviant misfit is now, Pvp, elite, lots more matured people comparing to others, members has a lot of respect to their offers.
people help each other a lot. Lots of members stick through until the end, despite the ups and downs