PDA

View Full Version : Game of Thrones or The Walking Dead

Aveea
02-18-2014, 05:08 PM
I don't have cable or satellite tv and am gonna buy blue ray season set, but not sure which one to get. Opinions?:confused:

Pandamoni
02-18-2014, 05:18 PM
I prefer Walking Dead because I am more of a Game of Thrones book fan. I have a hard time watching the show because I already know what's going to happen and it's often difficult for me to watch. I also find George RR Martin's writing has a sort of crispness that leads to wonderful imagery that is hard to match in the show (but the show is pretty awesome...you can't go wrong with either).

saool
02-18-2014, 05:19 PM
I love zombies, but the Walking Dead sux... No matter how many times I watch it...it sux...go with Game of Thrones if you're ok with nudity :)

Nihiliste
02-18-2014, 05:23 PM
The Walking Dead! Season 4 is the best season up-to-date and its mid-season returned two episodes ago and it keeps getting better.

DocDoBig
02-18-2014, 05:24 PM
I vote for the walking dead!

(I heard a new season of GoT is coming out soon, though)

alexdroog
02-18-2014, 05:26 PM
Game of thrones.
I named my twink after the wolfes from house stark.
If u like al u will love game of thrones.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100 mit Tapatalk

Schnitzel
02-18-2014, 07:55 PM
walking the Dead

kjed
02-18-2014, 08:31 PM
Walking dead

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Petrichor
02-18-2014, 09:04 PM
Game of thrones. I am absolutely in love with that show. I just started watching the walking dead with my boyfriend. It is pretty good so far. Maybe it is just the fact that I find the zombies more funny than scary lol.

Nihiliste
02-18-2014, 09:13 PM
Game of thrones. I am absolutely in love with that show. I just started watching the walking dead with my boyfriend. It is pretty good so far. Maybe it is just the fact that I find the zombies more funny than scary lol.

You did not

Cheenivie
02-18-2014, 11:51 PM
Hope you don't watch Game of Thrones with your boyfriend:) lel shadow close your eyes.

Rolocolo
02-18-2014, 11:53 PM
Game of Throne sound like my kind of show

Aveea
02-19-2014, 12:37 AM
Thank you all for the input. I went with GOT's. Omg! Hooked after two episodes. I will eventually get TWD. Ty soooo much!

Anarchist
02-19-2014, 12:48 AM
Game of thrones is better read than watched. :)

Have you watched <dexter>?
it is my favourite :)

dudetus
02-19-2014, 02:58 AM
Walking Dead - Zombies mixed with a bit of drama
Game of Thrones - Amazing mixture of medieval action with smart political moves and it's completely random in a way. U'll never know what happens next in that show.

Cheenivie
02-19-2014, 08:02 AM
You always know you're gonna see naked people.

dudetus
02-19-2014, 09:01 AM
You always know you're gonna see naked people.

Yes, but u never know in which moment!

Vigilante
02-19-2014, 06:38 PM
Walking dead!!

Suentous PO
02-19-2014, 07:55 PM
Ok being that Aveea decided already, for the ppl who've seen/read both;
Name your favorite characters in each.. (No spoilers plox)
Got- 1: Tyrian 2: Aria 3: Visaries (sp?) "spider"
Wd- 1:Mishawn 2: Merle 3: Carl
If George RR dies before he finishes these books I'm going to dig him up and slap him.

Aveea
02-20-2014, 07:14 AM
I will be reading the books as well! I had to get up at 5:00am for work, stayed up till 2:00am watching GOT's. OMG It's soooo good! :hypnotysed: Not sure who my favs are yet, only 5 episodes in and the characters keep surprising me.

floats
02-20-2014, 07:56 AM
I love zombies, but the Walking Dead sux... No matter how many times I watch it...it sux...go with Game of Thrones if you're ok with nudity :)

Lol with much blood and flesh and uncensored. Walking Dead is awesome.

Major
02-20-2014, 08:25 AM
Game of thrones all the way!

Cheenivie
02-20-2014, 08:50 AM
I will be reading the books as well! I had to get up at 5:00am for work, stayed up till 2:00am watching GOT's. OMG It's soooo good! :hypnotysed: Not sure who my favs are yet, only 5 episodes in and the characters keep surprising me.

Gotta be hodor

Suentous PO
02-20-2014, 10:28 AM
Gotta be hodor

Nope, HOTPIE!!

MightyMicah
02-20-2014, 11:49 AM
Arrow :D

LEVEL ONE
02-20-2014, 03:06 PM
Why not both...?

Aveea
02-21-2014, 11:07 AM
Almost done with season 1. My fav characters so far are:

Arya, the lil Stark girl.
Tyrion, the Imp
and Daenerys, the Dothraki Queen

Cheenivie
02-21-2014, 05:05 PM
Why not both...?

If this guy is perm ban imma go aggin style on stg.

DocDoBig
02-21-2014, 05:19 PM

L1 banned, nooooo.

Anarchist
02-21-2014, 06:15 PM
1. Tyrion: He is my favourite overall character because he respecs my personality a lot.

2. John Snow: i like him too cause we share some things in common.

3. Stannis: He is also one of my favourites cause of his strong will! Never ever gives up.

kayle.barton kayle.barton
04-01-2014, 02:40 AM
I love The Walking Dead! I have heard nothing but amazing things from game of thrones.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

dudetus
04-01-2014, 05:56 AM
Joffrey dies early this season. He chokes to some food at his wedding and tyrion gets the blame. Tyrion is given death sentence but Jamie saves him and tells a dark secret to tyrion. Tyrion's first love, the woman she married was truly in love with tyrion and she wasn't a prostitute. As revenge tyrion kills his further tywin and becomes an exile and ultimately begins a journey to daenerys. Jon Snow becomes commander of the nightswatch and prepares to fight the attacking wildlings. He is about to lose but Stannis comes and saves the nightswatch. Afterwards Stannis offers Jon lordship to become the lord of Winterfell as Jon Stark. Jon ultimately declines. He is then stabbed severely but it remains a mystery if he stays alive or dies. Oh and after Jon and Stannis defeat wildlings Jon recruits willing wildlings to fight common enemy : walkers. Daenerys ends up making own kingdom at far lands and problems begin to arise. Rebels who dislike the change from slavery to freedom begin to terrorise citizens from shadows by killing randomly. Daenerys' dragons become volatile. They become dangerous to people. 2 dragons end up locked in dungeon as the black and biggest dragon attacked, killed and ate an entire village. The black dragon just flies away. Problems inside city become a serious problem and as cities close by threaten to attack Daenerys city, he is forced to marry a local nobleman. At wedding feasts the black dragon has a visit and kills few soldiers and daenerys steps in and climbs it's back and flies away with it. All the ppl in city think she died.

New targaryen emerges, littlebrother of daenerys, and he and his crew begin their journey towards daenerys. Tyrion ends up in this gang. And Martell reveals supersecret marriage bond between targaryens and martells. Martell house's oldest son begins his jouney to daenerys in order to marry her and make martells and targaryens as allies and reign the seven kingdoms with their might.

Aveea
04-01-2014, 10:25 AM
Joffrey dies early this season. He chokes to some food at his wedding and tyrion gets the blame. Tyrion is given death sentence but Jamie saves him and tells a dark secret to tyrion. Tyrion's first love, the woman she married was truly in love with tyrion and she wasn't a prostitute. As revenge tyrion kills his further tywin and becomes an exile and ultimately begins a journey to daenerys. Jon Snow becomes commander of the nightswatch and prepares to fight the attacking wildlings. He is about to lose but Stannis comes and saves the nightswatch. Afterwards Stannis offers Jon lordship to become the lord of Winterfell as Jon Stark. Jon ultimately declines. He is then stabbed severely but it remains a mystery if he stays alive or dies. Oh and after Jon and Stannis defeat wildlings Jon recruits willing wildlings to fight common enemy : walkers. Daenerys ends up making own kingdom at far lands and problems begin to arise. Rebels who dislike the change from slavery to freedom begin to terrorise citizens from shadows by killing randomly. Daenerys' dragons become volatile. They become dangerous to people. 2 dragons end up locked in dungeon as the black and biggest dragon attacked, killed and ate an entire village. The black dragon just flies away. Problems inside city become a serious problem and as cities close by threaten to attack Daenerys city, he is forced to marry a local nobleman. At wedding feasts the black dragon has a visit and kills few soldiers and daenerys steps in and climbs it's back and flies away with it. All the ppl in city think she died.

New targaryen emerges, littlebrother of daenerys, and he and his crew begin their journey towards daenerys. Tyrion ends up in this gang. And Martell reveals supersecret marriage bond between targaryens and martells. Martell house's oldest son begins his jouney to daenerys in order to marry her and make martells and targaryens as allies and reign the seven kingdoms with their might.
April Fools!

Suentous PO
04-01-2014, 10:30 AM
Welcome to terminus!
Those that arrive survive....

programmed
04-01-2014, 01:26 PM
Welcome to terminus!
Those that arrive survive....

That was a terrible way to end the season where it did...:(

LEVEL ONE
04-01-2014, 01:45 PM
L1 banned, nooooo.

Huh? I'm not banned.

Oh the irony. Much sad for Cheen, wow.

dudetus
04-01-2014, 02:56 PM
April Fools!

Yeah... April fools :distrust:...

Kalahesi
04-01-2014, 03:25 PM
I don't have cable or satellite tv and am gonna buy blue ray season set, but not sure which one to get. Opinions?:confused:

!!!!!!!!!!GAME OF THRONES!!!!!!!!!! :D

GAMEEEEE OOFFFF THRONESSSSSSSS

Walking dead?!??.......pfft!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Suentous PO
04-01-2014, 04:14 PM
That was a terrible way to end the season where it did...:(

Gotta agree there, however that was still one of the best written episodes. After watching second time there are so many allusions hints hidden in the flashbacks, like how every bit of advice that Hershal gave, even though he was their moral compass, was the exact opposite of what Rick should have done. And the only way they survived the beginning of that was Rick became more a monster than any zombie.

Kiwihawk
04-01-2014, 06:01 PM
100% Game of Thrones
I cryed at the red wedding

Aveea
04-02-2014, 08:37 PM
100% Game of Thrones
I cryed at the red wedding
Me too :(

Kellhus
04-02-2014, 08:39 PM
Love em both. And now that walking dead finished for the season i cant wait for TGT! Btw, TGT books are heapssss better but still love the series.