PDA

View Full Version : ipad worth it?

skimmey
12-02-2010, 08:57 AM
Thinking of getting one is the gameplsy on ipad much better than on phones?_

Ellyidol
12-02-2010, 09:00 AM
VERY worth it for me. The only downside I had in my iPad was that I had to play using double pixel. Sacrificed graphics, but game play is more fun with a larger screen, multiple skill taps, and better chatting for me.

Justg
12-02-2010, 09:36 AM
Ellyidol, why did you have to play double-pixel? The same application should run in native 1024x768 resolution on the iPad. Try turning off the pixel-double option. It will look great :)

Ellyidol
12-02-2010, 09:41 AM
Ellyidol, why did you have to play double-pixel? The same application should run in native 1024x768 resolution on the iPad. Try turning off the pixel-double option. It will look great :)

I posted a thread about this awhile back, I think it boiled down to ping, I don't know why though.

It graphic lags my iPad especially when mages do spells. Sucks for me since I'm a mage =/

Few friends of mine have also been using double pixel because of the same problem, and some are either also asian/oceania ping which is why I thought maybe ping was the problem. But then I also have asian/oceania friends with the same ping, but no graphic lag. =/

So I still don't know.. but I've gotten used to it.

Retributionzx
12-02-2010, 09:56 AM
Could it be ur wireless connection? Btw depends where ur Asians/ Oceania friends come from also

Ellyidol
12-02-2010, 09:59 AM
Could it be ur wireless connection? Btw depends where ur Asians/ Oceania friends come from also

I don't get any connection problems at all except for occasional downloads/lag spikes. Friends are mostly from within my country, Australia, and city even. Some are from other countries.

I get 300-500 ping normally, which is really good, no problems. Its graphical lag no doubt though, I get the same feeling when I'm playing a heavy game on my weaker computer.

Retributionzx
12-02-2010, 10:05 AM
Yeh same bt I get the occasional lag. I use low graphics but I have a touch. So far I found out I devices with more memory or gb work better. Btw u reply fast, n I'm sure it late in aid becauz it's late here in brisbane

Ellyidol
12-02-2010, 10:07 AM
I'm using a 16G iPad wifi/3G. Does memory really matter?

And yeah, not really doing much aside from forums and other stuff atm. :)

Retributionzx
12-02-2010, 10:12 AM
Idk I Gt forth gen n my brother has a third gen with 32 gb n it works better with higher graphics then mine without

FluffNStuff
12-02-2010, 10:39 AM
I don't get any connection problems at all except for occasional downloads/lag spikes. Friends are mostly from within my country, Australia, and city even. Some are from other countries.

I get 300-500 ping normally, which is really good, no problems. Its graphical lag no doubt though, I get the same feeling when I'm playing a heavy game on my weaker computer.

Every time my iPad gets 'Graphical Lag' or any kind of lag, I unplug and the plug back in my router. Fixes it every time. It is an issue with the way iDevices refuse to give back ip addresses.

screamer
12-02-2010, 10:43 AM
I have it on both my Droid and iPad.

iPad is smooth on my Wireless N router. No lag at all. Plays like a dream and looks perfect. (Don't set for double pixels. duh!)

My Droid does rather well also.

Derajdefyre
12-02-2010, 11:23 AM
My personal recommendation is to wait and see if android competition drives down the price of an iPad. If it doesn't, wait and see if Apple makes a second gen iPad. Also, don't buy and iPad just for this game. Make sure you want everything else it offers. Don't forget STS is working on a PC client!

Ellyidol
12-02-2010, 11:27 AM
My personal recommendation is to wait and see if android competition drives down the price of an iPad. If it doesn't, wait and see if Apple makes a second gen iPad. Also, don't buy and iPad just for this game. Make sure you want everything else it offers. Don't forget STS is working on a PC client!

Apple is definitely releasing a 2nd gen iPad. Next year i think. Some new stuff like a usb port, two way camera, retina display (i think) are going to be in it.

PL was a main reason why i got one, but i also needed something more than a phone to use around. Id be using my phone for IM clients, school apps, and games and it drained my battery life so much that its less of a phone.

Really awesome to watch movies on ipad too. Long hour flights are less of a bother :D

TwinkTastical
12-02-2010, 11:39 AM
Ipad is nice =D id recomend it, i mean, how stupid does playing on your fone make you look... gotta look cool while you kill zombies while dressed up like a teddybear..

skimmey
12-02-2010, 02:37 PM
Ye actually i feel. Really stupid hahahaha. Main reason wozldnt be pl and Future applicstions but its almost like a Notebook isnt it?

Steverd
12-02-2010, 04:29 PM
YES, even if it's just for playing Pocket Legends!!

Steverd

jonboy
12-02-2010, 04:43 PM
If you can hold out till April/May 2011 then the 2nd Gen of the iPad will be out, if it has the retina display that in itself will be worth waiting for.

KingFu
12-02-2010, 05:13 PM
It graphic lags my iPad especially when mages do spells. Sucks for me since I'm a mage =/.

An update a while ago changed the intensity of the graphics in mage spells, to reduce lag. It helped me. Try it without pixel double now:)

skimmey
12-02-2010, 11:43 PM
Waiting for the new ipad h'm think better not the price will br much higher then so I think that price right bow is a ..good one ^^

Inching
12-03-2010, 12:44 AM

same, lags for me... i dont play on ipad unless my phone runs out of bat

KingFu
12-03-2010, 01:56 AM
Gotta say, PL is pretty awesome on iPad and my new Droid X. 4.3 Inch display with an LCD screen is pretty nice.

Ellyidol
12-03-2010, 02:24 AM
Thanks myst! I'll definitely try it out :)

TwinkTastical
12-03-2010, 02:26 AM
Im gonna end this thread now.

Buy an ipad NOW

Ellyidol
12-03-2010, 04:00 AM
I just tried it on the iPad.

No double pixel, no HQ. It seemed to run WAY smoother. Not as smooth as double pixel still, but playable now. :)

Still have to decide whether I keep it at double pixel or its smooth enough to play without. :P