PDA

View Full Version : Shooting Star Vanity Garb

Samhayne
02-18-2014, 06:20 PM
Hey gang,

So, I've been wanting to grab a side project for you all for a bit now. Aveea was bemoaning the fact that we didn't make a vanity out of Patsoe's winning selection from the Rockin Retro Gear contest last year. I thought I'd pick this up as something I can do (I can make vanities, even if the designers might sometimes prefer that I don't since, well, I generally rope them into helping me with it).

The look is currently already found in the store. If you check out the "Shooting Star" leather you can see what this base texture looks like.

No snub at Rhinos, I just didn't take pictures of all 5 :)

Anyway, what I can do is layer a tint over the top of it all. And maybe see if I can add a sparkly to it or not. First aim will be to add it to the store, since again, I can do that pretty easily. Adding things to loot tables, well I'm not that up on. I do think it would be cool to add more stuff as drops for people to be able to farm and/or trade, but to keep the scope of this real, we'll just get 'er in the store first.

I'll update this thread later after I experiment with some colors.

-Samhayne

Caiahar
02-18-2014, 06:22 PM
Hey gang,

So, I've been wanting to grab a side project for you all for a bit now. Aveea was bemoaning the fact that we didn't make a vanity out of Patsoe's winning selection from the Rockin Retro Gear contest last year. I thought I'd pick this up as something I can do (I can make vanities, even if the designers might sometimes prefer that I don't since, well, I generally rope them into helping me with it).

The look is currently already found in the store. If you check out the "Shooting Star" leather you can see what this base texture looks like.

Anyway, what I can do is layer a tint over the top of it all. And maybe see if I can add a sparkly to it or not. First aim will be to add it to the store, since again, I can do that pretty easily. Adding things to loot tables, well I'm not that up on. I do think it would be cool to add more stuff as drops for people to be able to farm and/or trade, but to keep the scope of this real, we'll just get 'er in the store first.

-Samhayne

Thanks so much Sam for looking into it! I have really wanted the Starry vanity armor for so long! I think it would really cool! :D

All for one, and one for all.

DocDoBig
02-18-2014, 06:25 PM
Rhino Snub!!! ;)

Just joking, I'm happy to see a few new things rolling into PL soon!!

fourleaf
02-18-2014, 06:25 PM
awesome sam, glad to see this, a black with glowing stars would be stellar, if possible
also I mention in other, perhaps the old warlord armor? Also would be fantastic

Caiahar
02-18-2014, 06:28 PM
awesome sam, glad to see this, a black with glowing stars would be stellar, if possible
also I mention in other, perhaps the old warlord armor? Also would be fantastic

Yes! Black with glowing stars would look awesome! Maybe even black sparkles?
Sam, would that be possible? So people could differentiate the normal starry armor and the vanity?
Maybe black, with glowing red stars, and black/red/blue sparkles? I think it would really cool!

All for one, and one for all.

PatsoeGamer
02-18-2014, 06:28 PM
http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i478/patsoe/049943DE-A9A2-4E49-86F6-82BF52A76028-621-000000974202314B.jpg YAY :D

Samhayne
02-18-2014, 06:30 PM
Well, as I mentioned in the OP, I am not editing the texture, just putting a layer of color over the existing texture. Editing the texture means I need to get an artist involved and right now we're pretty slammin' to get the AL expansion out. I know, you guys hate hearing about AL, but it just is what it is. Lemme get some color on it and I'll show you what I mean.

SillyJuan
02-18-2014, 06:31 PM
noice.

DocDoBig
02-18-2014, 06:32 PM
Hey Sam,

do you think it will be possible to release them with the new PL shield in one update?

Argyros
02-18-2014, 06:32 PM
Well, as I mentioned in the OP, I am not editing the texture, just putting a layer of color over the existing texture. Editing the texture means I need to get an artist involved and right now we're pretty slammin' to get the AL expansion out. I know, you guys hate hearing about AL, but it just is what it is. Lemme get some color on it and I'll show you what I mean.

It doesn't matter! Anything new is fully appreciated! ^^^^^

Samhayne
02-18-2014, 06:34 PM
Here is the robe with some light yellow over the top of it

Forty Nine
02-18-2014, 06:35 PM
Dope.

SillyJuan
02-18-2014, 06:35 PM
oh I'd like to see a red/green one ! :o

Samhayne
02-18-2014, 06:36 PM
I rather like some teal over it.

I wish I could make the stars stay white so they would pop out. That was one of the refinements made in Arcane Legends, in that we can "theme" the color map of the texture to change different areas to create the different looks (like the different looks of the recently released Tribal armor and vanities - they are the same texture with just different parts and pieces having colors changed around on it).

PatsoeGamer
02-18-2014, 06:37 PM
PINK!

Argyros
02-18-2014, 06:37 PM
Nice! I think a violet or a light green would look great to match the recent Christmas holoshields!
Here are the holo shields-
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/19/vutaqy4y.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/19/nuhuhyty.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/19/9uhu8use.jpg

Samhayne
02-18-2014, 06:39 PM
Any dark tints just don't work - it overpowers the underlying texture and it may as well be a solid color robe.

Pink isn't too bad:

Samhayne
02-18-2014, 06:40 PM
Nice! I think a violet or a light green would look great to match the recent Christmas holoshields!

Yeah, trying to get stuff that matches up is the aim. No one runs around with just a robe on, they have a helm, weapon and off hand or shield.

Also, the textures for the different classes are pretty different, so I'll have to play around with each one to try and get it right.

Forty Nine
02-18-2014, 06:41 PM
Teal is a really nice colour for the vanity. D O P E.

Argyros
02-18-2014, 06:49 PM
Yeah, trying to get stuff that matches up is the aim. No one runs around with just a robe on, they have a helm, weapon and off hand or shield.

Also, the textures for the different classes are pretty different, so I'll have to play around with each one to try and get it right.

I see. Even if it was a coal/gray color it would match the spooky shield and the lavaforged helm. The rhino starry armor is very very different haha just as a heads up. ^^

Samhayne
02-18-2014, 06:52 PM
I see. Even if it was a coal/gray color it would match the spooky shield and the lavaforged helm. The rhino starry armor is very very different haha just as a heads up. ^^

Can't really go coal/gray color with it because the underlying texture has the blue baked in. So, all it does is get really dark when you go that way. Anyway guys, I have to skeedattle, my wife is texting me the grocery list to pick up on the way home and you know what that means, time to go home and feed kids! I'll pick this back up over lunch tomorrow.

Laar
02-18-2014, 06:54 PM

Can't really go coal/gray color with it because the underlying texture has the blue baked in. So, all it does is get really dark when you go that way. Anyway guys, I have to skeedattle, my wife is texting me the grocery list to pick up on the way home and you know what that means, time to go home and feed kids! I'll pick this back up over lunch tomorrow.
Thanks Sam, we love you :)

Argyros
02-18-2014, 06:56 PM
This ^

Oldcoot
02-18-2014, 07:03 PM
Nice, thanks Sam an aveea

Aveea
02-18-2014, 07:11 PM
PINK!

Would look sweet on my Pinknapalm <3

PatsoeGamer
02-18-2014, 07:20 PM
Any dark tints just don't work - it overpowers the underlying texture and it may as well be a solid color robe.

Pink isn't too bad:

What about instead of applying a tint... you enhance the exposure or contrast like you did for the alien mirage ensemble vanity armour? I'm not sure if that's easy to do like a tint but I thought I'd suggest :)

Sheugokin
02-18-2014, 07:27 PM
Thanks so much for the attention! Means a lot. I feel like you the only one that truly still love the Pocket Legends!

Thanks Sam! <3

Spyce
02-18-2014, 07:29 PM
Awesome!
Teal looks the best in my opinion.

Schnitzel
02-18-2014, 07:32 PM

OH MAI GAWD!!! WHERE'S THE MAGE'S HEAD?!?!

other than that, looks so cool

Xyzther
02-18-2014, 07:41 PM
lol

Ks_Leon
02-18-2014, 07:53 PM
Thanks Sam.luvv ya.Your the only dev that caring about us.Idk about other but seems they busy with AL.Thanks for spending time on PL community.:)

Money
02-18-2014, 07:59 PM

Would go perfect with my gold forgotten sword and bow

Promagin
02-18-2014, 08:07 PM
Anything new? Works for me. :)

Caiahar
02-18-2014, 08:10 PM
Well, at least can there be Black/Shadow sparkles? :P

Apasara
02-18-2014, 08:13 PM
Is the three year shield still being made? X:
Or is that on hold and this is gonna be whats next in stead?

Hook
02-18-2014, 08:33 PM

That's what I like. Blue never fails.

xcainnblecterx
02-18-2014, 09:51 PM
Wow sam actually took a day to work on a vanity for pl. Iam amazed, thanks alot sam, pretty sure this means alot to us that still play pl even if it is just going to be a retexture to vanity. I know i appreciate it

Samhayne
02-18-2014, 10:06 PM
OH MAI GAWD!!! WHERE'S THE MAGE'S HEAD?!?!

other than that, looks so cool

The mage's head is a different piece, so that you can change your hair and face :)

Samhayne
02-18-2014, 10:09 PM
Is the three year shield still being made? X:
Or is that on hold and this is gonna be whats next in stead?

I want some real art time to make the 3 year shield worthy. That means it is waiting for th AL expansion to ship. The team is grinding hard on that right now. Thanks very much for your patience!

Cheenivie
02-18-2014, 10:15 PM
Thanks Sam! <3

You're welcome:)

PL•ayer
02-18-2014, 10:54 PM
I want some real art time to make the 3 year shield worthy. That means it is waiting for th AL expansion to ship. The team is grinding hard on that right now. Thanks very much for your patience!

Awesome, so it's not just a red PL shield?

Thanks so much for going out of your way to do this for us...

MasterGT
02-18-2014, 11:07 PM
Yes!!! SO Excited

Xyzther
02-18-2014, 11:29 PM
You're welcome:)

True^^^ boom news))

Apasara
02-18-2014, 11:29 PM

Ah, no worries. I'll keep waiting. I like how you said you wanna make it worthy. I feel like it's gonna be really awesome.

AvidLegend
02-18-2014, 11:36 PM

You can't gray scale it and go from there?

JJXEJECT
02-19-2014, 12:55 AM
Thanks so much for the attention! Means a lot. I feel like you the only one that truly still love the Pocket Legends!

Thanks Sam! <3

^ :loyal:

Plaguemaw
02-19-2014, 02:18 AM
Thanks Sam, good to know we're not forgotten over in PL land :)

Sent from my GT-P3113

Grrrrimadoggy
02-19-2014, 11:10 AM
Hey gang,
Adding things to loot tables, well I'm not that up on. I do think it would be cool to add more stuff as drops for people to be able to farm and/or trade, but to keep the scope of this real, we'll just get 'er in the store first.

-Samhayne

This....would be great.

QuaderupleeJr
02-19-2014, 12:26 PM
Hey gang,

-Samhayne

Totally Amazing If they are to be in plat store please do make it discounted in platinum :D

largecommand
02-19-2014, 12:33 PM
With this much attention towards us, I think I'll go buy a lottery Ticket!

But honestly thank you SamHayne, no not sam, cheenivie, for these responses. :)

Sheugokin
02-19-2014, 05:46 PM
Hey Sam, are you gonna make the PL 3yr veteran shield as like the veteran centurion set where once you hit that 3yr mark, you will get it. For example, I have my account for 2 n' a half yrs so by July (my 3rd year anniversary with PL), will I get the upcoming shield?

Jcyee
02-19-2014, 05:57 PM

Apologies beforehand if this has already been stated somewhere but here goes.

If a 3-year vanity shield is released, will players who haven't been around 3 years receive the shield once they get to 3 years?

Not sure if that was completely clear, so I'll provide an example:

Say Player 1 has been around for 3+ years while Player 2 has been around for say 2 years and 11 months.
Player 1 would receive the shield upon its release while Player 2 would not. But would Player 2 receive the shield the next month?

Hope that's clearer.

Apasara
02-19-2014, 06:18 PM

If a 3-year vanity shield is released, will players who haven't been around 3 years receive the shield once they get to 3 years?

Say Player 1 has been around for 3+ years while Player 2 has been around for say 2 years and 11 months.
Player 1 would receive the shield upon its release while Player 2 would not. But would Player 2 receive the shield the next month?

Hope that's clearer.

I hope its not like the veteran vanity to be honest. One time thing better ;D

Samhayne
02-19-2014, 06:26 PM

Hope that's clearer.

Yes, it would function like all of the other Veteran Rewards.

Sorry that I didn't get the chance to make headway on ye olde starry robe/armor/vanity. It was a busy one.

Tomorrow is another day!

Caiahar
02-19-2014, 06:26 PM

Hope that's clearer.

I hope its not like the veteran vanity to be honest. One time thing better ;D
I can see it now..
A person quits for 3 years on an 5 month account, he comes back, and goes "OMG WTH I HAVE THIS SICK SHIELD!!!"
;)

Kidding aside, I don't think people would really stay for 2/3 more years just to get a cool looking shield anyways.

And am I wrong in believing SamHayne has said there might be a 2 year shield as well? :X

Forty Nine
02-19-2014, 06:33 PM
@ shadowstar

Correct me if i am wrong, I think you may have misheard about the "2 year" shield. :tongue:

Hawkbby
02-19-2014, 07:22 PM

Hate to kill the mood, but I like to run around naked with a robe on.

AvidLegend
02-19-2014, 07:39 PM

I wish I could make the stars stay white so they would pop out. That was one of the refinements made in Arcane Legends, in that we can "theme" the color map of the texture to change different areas to create the different looks (like the different looks of the recently released Tribal armor and vanities - they are the same texture with just different parts and pieces having colors changed around on it).

Could you implement this feature with new gear that gets released on PL where you can recolor different textures

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PL•ayer
02-19-2014, 09:06 PM
I can see it now..
A person quits for 3 years on an 5 month account, he comes back, and goes "OMG WTH I HAVE THIS SICK SHIELD!!!"
;)

Kidding aside, I don't think people would really stay for 2/3 more years just to get a cool looking shield anyways.

And am I wrong in believing SamHayne has said there might be a 2 year shield as well? :X

Could also be to keep existing 3 year veterans. We don't want leet players quitting, so we give them a cool shield lol

Whatever the reason, I'm not gonna complain about getting a new vanity shield. ;)

Impact
02-19-2014, 09:23 PM
I can see it now..
;)

Could also be to keep existing 3 year veterans. We don't want leet players quitting, so we give them a cool shield lol

Whatever the reason, I'm not gonna complain about getting a new vanity shield. ;)
No offence to the 3 year veterans, but theres probably like 100 of u guys left.

Cheenivie
02-19-2014, 09:45 PM
Hey Sam, are you gonna make the PL 3yr veteran shield as like the veteran centurion set where once you hit that 3yr mark, you will get it. For example, I have my account for 2 n' a half yrs so by July (my 3rd year anniversary with PL), will I get the upcoming shield?

Yea you will don't worry babe

Xyzther
02-19-2014, 09:58 PM

There's more of us than you think

PL•ayer
02-19-2014, 10:15 PM

Our numbers will grow <3

Xyzther
02-19-2014, 11:22 PM
I hear rumos for the 1337, is true?

QuaderupleeJr
02-20-2014, 03:56 AM

This is probably so far the best

Ijooo
02-20-2014, 08:52 AM
Thanks sam.

skrapicoco
02-20-2014, 11:16 AM
Thanks for this Sam!

How bout black and white stars or red stars for sure a lot of people will dig it too

skrapicoco
02-20-2014, 11:19 AM

Please do wait!I'll hit 2 on the 26th of this month lol

Roberto077
02-20-2014, 01:46 PM
There's more of us than you think

103 :)

Swimmingstar
02-20-2014, 10:57 PM
Hey gang,

-Samhayne

Looks like Sam is a lot busier these days.

Swimmingstar
02-20-2014, 10:59 PM

Depends on overall or just the active ones... because I guess you couldn't count me then.

Almost 4 years now.

Mennddoza
02-20-2014, 11:33 PM

Didn't realize how long I've had this forum account. Jeez!

largecommand
02-20-2014, 11:36 PM
Wow I just realised my account was created on 1-1-11 luck? Or just...idk

skrapicoco
02-21-2014, 02:11 AM

Ss it!

Rescind
02-21-2014, 03:44 AM
Thanks for this Sam!

How bout black and white stars or red stars for sure a lot of people will dig it too

that would look pretty sick :o
cant go wrong with the original color. i love the sky bluey color

Schnitzel
02-22-2014, 07:15 PM
Thanks for this Sam!

um...

and

quantionus
02-24-2014, 12:42 PM
did he say when it will be on forums or did i miss it?

Argyros
02-24-2014, 01:08 PM
did he say when it will be on forums or did i miss it?

Whenever he finds the time to do it.

Ssneakykills
02-24-2014, 02:44 PM
Sam, do you have any idea yet how much these vanitys will cost? Just curious

Samhayne
02-27-2014, 04:42 PM
Sam, do you have any idea yet how much these vanitys will cost? Just curious

Planning on putting one color (the green vanity) in the store for 10 Platinum and making the other colors (teal, yellow, light red) as rare drops from ye olde Dragon.

Sorry it's taken so long to make headway on this. Our new designer started this week (he won't be on the forums for a while - he has lots to learn!). He's getting these vanities hooked up. It is a good learning exercise for him.

Reunegade
02-27-2014, 04:46 PM
Yey

Competitive
02-27-2014, 05:38 PM
I would really love to see the 3 year reward :3

Samhayne
02-27-2014, 06:05 PM
I would really love to see the 3 year reward :3

Haven't gotten to that yet. Thanks very much for your patience :)

Hook
02-27-2014, 06:36 PM
Planning on putting one color (the green vanity) in the store for 10 Platinum and making the other colors (teal, yellow, light red) as rare drops from ye olde Dragon.

Just my two cents on this. In recent vanity drops, besides the easter drops, some cool drops like the charred antlers/bulb racks, & the new mirage and gem robes were only available for high leveled players as they only dropped in black smoke mountain.

It'll be nice not to be too stingy (no offense intended) with new comers, or not so rich players who been around a while; because just like the recent armor vanities, they will end up being priced at millions.
Reasons like this is what creates a huge gap between the rich and the poor.

My suggestion(s) would be to make them as drops on all bosses just like with easter ears OR simply make all of them available in the Plat Store for a limited time (non tradeable).

I have a couple of friends who long to own one of the new vanity armors, but simply can't because of their insane price. So that's where Im coming from, etc.

Anyway,
Thanks for the update tough, and can't wait to see them regardless of how they are made available :)

Oldcoot
02-27-2014, 06:39 PM
Thanks for the update on this, an say hi to the nub dev for me

Jhawkeye
02-27-2014, 07:31 PM
Just my two cents on this. In recent vanity drops, besides the easter drops, some cool drops like the charred antlers/bulb racks, & the new mirage and gem robes were only available for high leveled players as they only dropped in black smoke mountain.

It'll be nice not to be too stingy (no offense intended) with new comers, or not so rich players who been around a while; because just like the recent armor vanities, they will end up being priced at millions.

My suggestion(s) would be to make them as drops on all bosses just like with easter ears OR simply make all of them available in the Plat Store for a limited time (non tradeable).

I have a couple of friends who long to own one of the new vanity armors, but simply can't because of their insane price. So that's where Im coming from, etc.

Anyway,
Thanks for the update tough, and can't wait to see them regardless of how they are made available :)
I am rich by no means. I can't afford those other vanities or anything, but I don't think that everyone should be able to get these. This gives new players something to strive for so they can stay around and play. You ever cheated a game (definitely not calling this a cheat) and got everything, and then just been bored with it? More things to strive for = more new players= more money= possibly an update in 2050

Rescind
02-27-2014, 07:44 PM

Anyway,

i agree with this. when i do see people with those alien vanities i be much jelly... but i would like it if it were dropped in low lvls or as plat bought vanities

Suentous PO
02-27-2014, 07:53 PM
Meh, if it drops too often it's the next pl shield (yawn).
If it were some endgame gear I'd be all about fairness but this is different, no one needs a vanity to play.
The rich poor gap is irrelevant when it's a vanity.

Hook
02-27-2014, 09:04 PM
I am rich by no means. I can't afford those other vanities or anything, but I don't think that everyone should be able to get these. This gives new players something to strive for so they can stay around and play. You ever cheated a game (definitely not calling this a cheat) and got everything, and then just been bored with it? More things to strive for = more new players= more money= possibly an update in 2050

I get what you are implying but trust me, new players or players who have been around a couple of months (that arent rich), already have some items to already worry about, which are the expensive crafted sets that exist all throughout AND being an elite lv76, which is what probably makes most stay if they aren't fully capped.

Im just trying to make a point that when it comes to these vanities, having them exclusively for end game players it creates a greater gap between the richer and poorer.
Thus leaving players a sour lust taste in their mouths.
Im just standing up for the side of PL players who can't enjoy something they should be, afterall these vanities ARE NOT exclusive, that's why they are tradeable.

Suentous PO
02-27-2014, 09:18 PM
Im just trying to make a point that when it comes to these vanities, having them exclusively for end game players it creates a greater gap between the richer and poorer.
Im just standing up for the side of PL players who can't enjoy something they should be, afterall these vanities ARE NOT exclusive, that's why they are tradeable.

I'm all for equality in general, in that sense I appreciate the intent, I think it's misapplied here. It's a vanity, no one needs it to play, one of its best utilities is that it's something to work towards. The games no more difficult without. Just my take, I wouldn't be salty however they do it.

OFWGKTA
02-27-2014, 09:27 PM
Teal is amazing but you should definitely try a light gray. Thanks Sam!!!

Xvanitykingx
02-28-2014, 04:34 AM

I know this is irrelevant but I got my provisional drivers license on 12/12/2012 :p

Shonex
02-28-2014, 05:03 PM
Looks like ye old Dragon will be killed by the millions if these vanities get into the game.

Shonex
02-28-2014, 05:57 PM
Samhayne

What's with the Samhayne posts?

Ssneakykills
02-28-2014, 06:17 PM

Sorry it's taken so long to make headway on this. Our new designer started this week (he won't be on the forums for a while - he has lots to learn!). He's getting these vanities hooked up. It is a good learning exercise for him.

Sounds great thanks for keep us updated on what's happening :)

Aveea
02-28-2014, 07:58 PM
I'm really happy y'all are adding a couple more drops! Ty Sam :))

dijnes
02-28-2014, 08:14 PM
reffering back to the topic at hand....

A red and black one would be cool for all the evil ppl :P

black and purple too :)

Schnitzel
03-01-2014, 11:57 PM

Anyway,

Mind i suggest a compromise to both of your posts?

Set the lowest level to farm those items at say lvl35 (thats a fairly easy lvl to get to) and bosses in campaigns lvl35+ have a possibility to drop those items.
The chance to loot the items increase as the level gets higher
example
lvl35-40 = 5% drop possibility
lvl41-45 = 10% drop possibility
lvl46-50 = 15% drop possibility
lvl51-55 = 20% drop possibility
lvl56-60 = 25% drop possibility
lvl61-65 = 30% drop possibility
lvl66-70 = 35% drop possibility
lvl71-76 = 40% drop possibility
Just an example.

The Win to both of your suggestions
Jhawkeye= getting to lvl35 and being able to farm the items with a 5% possibility gives the players something to keep playing for (as the campaign lvl and player's lvl increase, so does the drop possibility)

OccultFormula= Lower lvls have a chance at getting those items

Your thoughts?

Hook
03-02-2014, 01:07 AM
Lol ruizhe, you took it too far :p good idea tough. Sounds good to me.
thanks.

Schnitzel
03-02-2014, 01:11 AM
Lol ruizhe, you took it too far :p good idea tough. Sounds good to me.
thanks.

Sorry (._.)

Etarbitrev
03-02-2014, 11:35 AM
Me sounding stupid probably here but... Is ye olde dragon the elite boss?
Or am i just being dumb....
Im away from game for a while cos of wifi type, so just wanted to know.
Thanks

Shonex
03-02-2014, 11:38 AM
Yup, the Elite Red Dragon.

Xyzther
03-02-2014, 06:48 PM
Yup, the Elite Red Dragon.

Or in my case, Food

Laar
03-02-2014, 08:19 PM
Sorry (._.)
Ik its an example but a 40% drop rate does seem kinda insane :D

ToastyLord
03-03-2014, 08:28 AM
I'm very happy STS hasn't left PL from the "new stuff" updates :)

Shonex
03-03-2014, 09:14 AM
Or in my case, Food

They shold make a special Red dragon pet just for you... judging by how many times you slayed him.

Schnitzel
03-03-2014, 05:57 PM
Or in my case, Food

Im starting to feel bad for that dragon lol

Jhawkeye
03-04-2014, 10:02 PM
I get what you are implying but trust me, new players or players who have been around a couple of months (that arent rich), already have some items to already worry about, which are the expensive crafted sets that exist all throughout AND being an elite lv76, which is what probably makes most stay if they aren't fully capped.

Touche Touche

FFA
03-05-2014, 11:42 AM
How's that armor looking now sam? ;)

Shonex
03-05-2014, 11:51 AM
He said that he gave it to another Dev to finish it.

Schnitzel
03-05-2014, 06:08 PM
He said that he gave it to another Dev to finish it.

hope we get the 3yr shields sometime in summer.

Argyros
03-05-2014, 09:06 PM
hope we get the 3yr shields sometime this year.

Yes.

Xenobiotic
03-06-2014, 08:18 AM
Or in my case, Food

Hey nub, do u know this bird called Redenctual?

Xyzther
03-06-2014, 03:12 PM
Hey nub, do u know this bird called Redenctual?

No :0

Samhayne
03-06-2014, 03:14 PM
Hey guys,

Just a quick update. I think we'll get the 3 Year (and 2 Year) veteran reward shields, along with the Starry Vanities, out with the St. Patrick's Day patch currently scheduled for late next week. Still subject to change since it isn't all final, but that's the haps as of right now.

Sheugokin
03-06-2014, 04:02 PM
Okie thanks!

Aerospacegod
03-06-2014, 04:05 PM
Are you releasing a paid and dropped version at the same time?

Shonex
03-06-2014, 05:00 PM
Hey guys,

Just a quick update. I think we'll get the 3 Year (and 2 Year) veteran reward shields, along with the Starry Vanities, out with the St. Patrick's Day patch currently scheduled for late next week. Still subject to change since it isn't all final, but that's the haps as of right now.

Thank you Samhayne! Thank the Sts team, we appreciate your effort and every little change to this game means a lot to us.

Roberto077
03-06-2014, 05:24 PM
I'm very happy STS hasn't left PL from the "new stuff" updates :)

Sarcasm?

Schnitzel
03-06-2014, 05:49 PM
Hey guys,

So..if we were here for 3yrs, will we get 2yr shield && 3yr shield || only 3yr shield? just wondering..

11 more days to wait!!! :D

Samhayne
03-06-2014, 06:27 PM
So..if we were here for 3yrs, will we get 2yr shield && 3yr shield || only 3yr shield? just wondering..

11 more days to wait!!! :D

Veteran rewards are cumulative, so if your account is over 3 years old, you will get:

1 month Centurion Helm
3 month Centurion Armor
6 Month Centurion Shield
6 Month Blue 'n Gold PL shield
2 Year Black 'n White PL shield
3 Year Gold 'n Red PL shield

Lee19
03-06-2014, 06:37 PM
Veteran rewards are cumulative, so if your account is over 3 years old, you will get:

1 month Centurion Helm
3 month Centurion Armor
6 Month Centurion Shield
Any pictures yet?

Samhayne
03-06-2014, 06:45 PM
Check the Insider's section: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/forumdisplay.php?128-Spacetime-Insider-Information

Argyros
03-06-2014, 06:51 PM

1 month Centurion Helm
3 month Centurion Armor
6 Month Centurion Shield

Hey Alex,

Is it possible to still get a 3yr shield, if someone uses a newer account but still has a 3yr account? Like maybe their forum account has been around for 3 years, and they have had an old account but the account they currently use is new?

:-(
03-06-2014, 07:28 PM
Nooo haha 2 months away from being here 3 years

Schnitzel
03-06-2014, 07:54 PM
so..if we were here for 3yrs, will we get 2yr shield && 3yr shield || only 3yr shield? Just wondering..

11 more days to wait!!! :d

veteran rewards are cumulative, so if your account is over 3 years old, you will get:

1 month centurion helm
3 month centurion armor
6 month centurion shield
6 month blue 'n gold pl shield
2 year black 'n white pl shield
3 year gold 'n red pl shield

yeaaaaaaaaaaa

:-(
03-06-2014, 08:03 PM
Once our account hits 3 years are we awarded the shield? Or is this a one time event? Thanks!!!

Caiahar
03-06-2014, 08:08 PM
Black n white?! Heck yeah! I'm pretty sure this year will have my upcoming 2nd anniversary!
Unless Its a one time thing..
I. Want. Black.

Ks_Leon
03-06-2014, 08:09 PM
damn,i will get my Red PL shield in August.Idont want to wait it. >.<

KevinDotson
03-07-2014, 11:51 AM

1 month Centurion Helm
3 month Centurion Armor
6 Month Centurion Shield

Shouldn't the blue and gold PL shield be a 1 year award instead of two 6 month awards? Keeps a constant theme going imo

Schnitzel
03-07-2014, 01:14 PM

1 month Centurion Helm
3 month Centurion Armor
6 Month Centurion Shield

Shouldn't the blue and gold PL shield be a 1 year award instead of two 6 month awards? Keeps a constant theme going imo
Its I figure its easier to let people keep those blue gold shields rather than taking it away..and causing some Very angry players...

Remiem
03-07-2014, 01:59 PM
Hey Alex,

Is it possible to still get a 3yr shield, if someone uses a newer account but still has a 3yr account? Like maybe their forum account has been around for 3 years, and they have had an old account but the account they currently use is new?

Once our account hits 3 years are we awarded the shield? Or is this a one time event? Thanks!!!

It will automatically be awarded by the system when you hit 3 years. So, to answer your question Argyros, it would be awarded to your old account with the sign up date of 3+ years.

Rescind
03-07-2014, 02:13 PM
Need to wait till December this year to get a 3 year one.. 9 more months...
I really like the silver and black one though

Xyzther
03-08-2014, 07:53 AM
I. Want. Black.

Oook

SayCreed
03-08-2014, 08:04 AM
I have a account from 2012-3-16 or sumfim

natpally
03-09-2014, 05:04 AM
there is just one thing i would like to speak to samhayne about will the drop rate for the starry robe be better drop rate? because the drop rate sucks atm thanks?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Crys
03-10-2014, 02:12 PM
Dammit, i just completed my first year! >.<

Xenobiotic
03-10-2014, 08:57 PM
Lol I have an inactive PL account

Xyzther
03-10-2014, 09:46 PM
Lol I have an inactive PL account

Congratulations, your parents must be so proud.

Apa
03-11-2014, 03:47 AM
Does anyone know when this is happening?

Shonex
03-11-2014, 04:24 AM
Does anyone know when this is happening?

2-3 days before St. Patrick's day which is on the 17-th of March. This is not certain, this is just my assumption.

Apa
03-11-2014, 05:01 AM
2-3 days before St. Patrick's day which is on the 17-th of March. This is not certain, this is just my assumption.

So soon... I'm so excited to get them!

Shonex
03-11-2014, 07:00 AM
So soon... I'm so excited to get them!

Me too :)

Apa
03-11-2014, 07:19 AM
I'll wear the red and gold shield every time I go on ;D

smokester
03-14-2014, 10:58 AM
ok so the starry garbs are here and ppl are farming the crap out of them but most ppl are disappointed on the way they look including me. so i was wondering if the devs can add a cool effect to them like stars coming off them or make them glow or make the stars pop out a little bit more. devs if youre out there, could you at least take into consideration since the AL expansion was launched and yall may have more time now, lol.

Bous
03-14-2014, 12:52 PM
ok so the starry garbs are here and ppl are farming the crap out of them but most ppl are disappointed on the way they look including me. so i was wondering if the devs can add a cool effect to them like stars coming off them or make them glow or make the stars pop out a little bit more. devs if youre out there, could you at least take into consideration since the AL expansion was launched and yall may have more time now, lol.
I agree. And maybe a little better look for the bears because honestly, it looks like something I'd liquidate
Could have the effect of the Slash, where diff color stars shoot out, that's just my op