PDA

View Full Version : 2 Servers again?

TwinkTastical
12-02-2010, 11:01 AM
So yo, recently this game has been 3-4x pingier than usual.(may be the infectuous droid)
so the absolute best question ever...

Can we get our fnord back for lets say..... april-june players? :o

Then we could be less pingish and all happy and fun stuff...

HelpBot
12-02-2010, 11:10 AM
What you said is make a no noobs or droid user server. :)

Futumsh
12-02-2010, 11:17 AM
No, unless we consistently have enough concurrent users to justify it, which we don't currently.

TwinkTastical
12-02-2010, 11:37 AM
No, unless we consistently have enough concurrent users to justify it, which we don't currently.

5 thousand users o.0 my ping went from constant 150- to like 1000 at times... =/

and to helpbot, nope, but id like to keep it oldish ;)

Arterra
12-02-2010, 11:39 AM
and to helpbot, nope, but id like to keep it oldish ;)

Have invitation only LOL.

RedRyder
12-02-2010, 11:41 AM
My pings always through the roof. Thank you droid

HelpBot
12-02-2010, 11:42 AM
Have invitation only LOL.

As long as I have a invitation we can keep this a secret LoL...
And it might not be the server doing that I think there's something wrong with the world wide Internet...

Arterra
12-02-2010, 11:43 AM
The day PC client comes out I am taking a hammer and GOING SMASH-BROS BRAWL ON MY ROUTER! Ice climber style yea.

THAT is where most of my lagg is.

HelpBot
12-02-2010, 11:45 AM
The day PC client comes out I am taking a hammer and GOING SMASH-BROS BRAWL ON MY ROUTER! Ice climber style yea.

The day that happens WoW players and Runescape players are going to log on to this.. There will be clans and they will rip everyone off and be rich...

bjordan
12-02-2010, 11:46 AM
I've noticed a lot more lag in the past few days as well. Some instances up to 5 to 10 seconds lag.

TwinkTastical
12-02-2010, 11:52 AM
The day that happens WoW players and Runescape players are going to log on to this.. There will be clans and they will rip everyone off and be rich...

why do you even say the R word... thats such a bad word....

HelpBot
12-02-2010, 11:56 AM
There going to come all those runescape and WoW merchers will make a stick worth 500m get rich while you can...

TwinkTastical
12-02-2010, 11:59 AM
There going to come all those runescape and WoW merchers will make a stick worth 500m get rich while you can... Banned for cussing again.

MaybeArterra
12-02-2010, 12:04 PM
Omg Helpbot is one of them! HELP US!!

dirtball
12-02-2010, 02:17 PM

Are you saying I'm not concurrent? As soon as I look up that word you're toast!:confused::mad:

MoarPewPew
12-02-2010, 04:06 PM

I actually don't want the PC version to come out....

Three words....

Gold Farming Companies...

Omg the game will get spammed like crazy... And it's free to make a account so we are doomed...

xenosapien
12-03-2010, 08:58 AM
heeey, why the droid bashing? :-(
(i´m european, so i´m really using a milestone, but... yeah ^^)

sure, its like a huge load of extra players... but it doesn´t matter if those were iDevice players or Android users, at all. should be glad for STS that the game is such a huge success! ;)

also... i´m also having mixed feelings for the PC version... on the one hand, it would be awesome not having to play on my phone when i´m at home (damn thing gets hot after a while and my hands start to go numb!), but then again... i´ll be spending even MORE time on my computer... at least on my phone i have to stop after like 2 hours maximum to recharge or because my eyes and hands hurt ^^

not too worried about the gold farming thing, to be honest... there will be a few, but without a way to converse gold or plat back into real money properly, i don´t see the market for it.

krazii
12-03-2010, 09:54 AM

Futumsh,

I think what we are trying to say is that since the addition of PL for droid, we are all experiencing significant additional lag, ping, delay, whatever you want to call it. Is this something you can look into?

Please let us know,

Thanks,

Kraz

Futumsh
12-03-2010, 10:01 AM
Well, I think it's safe to say that if you're getting additional lag, it isn't because of the server performance, so adding an additional cluster won't help. Personally I'm not seeing any worse latency than normal since the android launch.

TwinkTastical
12-03-2010, 10:55 AM
Well, I think it's safe to say that if you're getting additional lag, it isn't because of the server performance, so adding an additional cluster won't help. Personally I'm not seeing any worse latency than normal since the android launch.

Ummm.... you live like... RIGHT NEXT TO THE SERVER.

And im positive it isnt my router. All other games i play are Extremerly low ping... except PL, which used to be 80-130 ping, and is now 600-1000 ping.

Varking
12-03-2010, 02:14 PM
My ping has been the same on my iPod as it is on my Droid since the Android Beta. I am consistently between 65 and 85 ping and sometimes it will spike to around 230. For the PC launch I am hoping they make it so you must purchase the PC enabler in game or through their site for real money. It takes the pocket out of Pocket Legends to allow new free accounts to be made and played from the PC only. I will support whatever they do, but until they announce their plans this will be my stance.

Kingofhurtz
12-03-2010, 02:55 PM
Can we get our fnord back for lets say..... april-june players? :o.

I feel loved! :D

Axavier
12-03-2010, 03:13 PM
Is the discussion here about the high ping rates a result of the actual Droid devices? or a growing number of users? One and the same or different?

I have a Droid- TMobile G2 Froyo 2.2 and my ping is consistently 80-120

Just wondering? :)

krazii
12-03-2010, 06:08 PM

Okay, thanks for addressing it, must be something else.

Kraz

wheyfocused
12-05-2010, 04:22 PM
I actually don't want the PC version to come out....

Three words....

Gold Farming Companies...

Omg the game will get spammed like crazy... And it's free to make a account so we are doomed...
Pc will ruin the game. They will have an unfair advantage plus all the crap that comes with them

vulgarstrike
12-05-2010, 04:34 PM
Hi Futumush, I would like to testify that I have had router problems with PL in the past. However, I can assure you, the lag that has occurred in the recent days is worse than anything I have ever seen. My ping floats around 540 even though I live in Texas, and on an iPod touch I am unable to play without being disconnected midway through the game. I strongly advise that you would look into the technicalities, and perhaps run a diagnostics test on the server box. A second server would be nice, but I am more worried that people will stop playing due to the lag. Previously, this was the one and only iPhone/iPad MMO that stood above others, but now, it feels like a turn based strategy game with the lag. Maybe it is just me, but please consider.

Phaded
12-05-2010, 05:57 PM
My ping is never higher than 200, unless I'm on 3G and in a dead zone. But I have Verizon so that hardly ever happens :p Btw, it's not Droid players, so enough of that lol

Balonia
12-05-2010, 06:33 PM
I'm on iPhone, and my ping has always been 200+. lately hanging around 500 and you can't play the game well that way. Almost like leeching.

Kossi
12-05-2010, 08:25 PM
the PC comes out, the PC gen will think that anyone with droid antennaes are oldies

Zeus
12-05-2010, 08:26 PM
LOL Kossi you are just saying that because you want to be an Oldie :P

Kossi
12-05-2010, 08:28 PM
its like RS, where if you see someone with a insanely rare name (like punk) and a zombie head, that doll on strings thing, or bunnie ears is an oldie

Solvok
12-05-2010, 09:28 PM
Heh heh heh heh...