PDA

View Full Version : [Suggestion]: Gender Symbol Near the Character's Name in the Character Menu.

Zylx
02-18-2014, 09:51 PM
People are more or less irritated by the constant misinterpretations about the gender of the player being the same as the gender of the character. In other words, everyone who is a warrior or sorcerer is automatically a male, and everyone who is a rogue is a female. Here is an easy solution to this issue without having to use up memory to build models of opposing genders for each of the classes: A Gender Symbol right next to the name in the character screen. When a player inspects another's character, they will see either a blue ♂(male symbol), or a pink ♀(female symbol) right next to their name. This will be adjusted in the options menu.

DocDoBig
02-19-2014, 05:49 PM
A simple, yet cool idea. I like it!

Ebezaanec
02-19-2014, 06:41 PM
Most of the people who usually contribute to the issue are young kids who probably do not know what the symbols mean.

Derezzzed
02-19-2014, 07:16 PM
Love the idea, make it happen! +1

Warlord0520
02-19-2014, 07:41 PM
+1 great idea!!!!!!!

Neptune
02-19-2014, 08:08 PM
Nice idea ! But behind the character who's real male or female !? Some of player using a gender female for scamming.

Zylx
02-20-2014, 12:05 AM
Most of the people who usually contribute to the issue are young kids who probably do not know what the symbols mean.

Blue is generally a boy color and pink is generally a girl color. And nearly every kid plays Pokemon, and pokemon's names have those symbols by them indicating gender, so..... yeah..

Nice idea ! But behind the character who's real male or female !? Some of player using a gender female for scamming.

Its use will be for the benefit of sparing your chatbox of unwanted bf/gf requests and messages saying "are you a guy or girl?". People can already falsify their gender by telling someone they're the opposite of their true gender. So implementing this wont change that.

Toy
02-20-2014, 05:19 AM
People often mistakes rogues as girl players. +1

Cahaun
02-20-2014, 05:42 AM
This won't really be helpful at all. Players can still just lie about their gender with this, and it's more screen clutter to see gender symbols on the screen.
If you are being annoyed by players asking you what your gender is, ignore them.

Zylx
02-20-2014, 12:28 PM
This won't really be helpful at all. Players can still just lie about their gender with this, and it's more screen clutter to see gender symbols on the screen.
If you are being annoyed by players asking you what your gender is, ignore them.

So? Sure there will be some people who'd lie, but the reason for this to be implemented is for players to be able to determine your gender right from the get-go and not having to deal with the annoying misinterpretations of your gender. A player can already lie about their gender by telling people. This is for the benefit of the rest of us. There is a ton of room on the inspection page to implement this.

NovaZ
02-21-2014, 08:50 PM
More than ten times, I have had stupid warriors ask me: "Let's fk"
Seriously, how hard is it to implement different genders.

CrazyTank
02-24-2014, 06:30 AM
Great idea.. +1. Simple and good. Helps rogues a lot

Prahasit Prahi
02-24-2014, 06:32 AM
Can I know what the strong reason of adding a Gender Symbol?
Please

CrazyTank
02-24-2014, 06:55 AM
Can I know what the strong reason of adding a Gender Symbol?
Please

1 reason: people won't annoy you asking to be their gf :D

Madnex
02-24-2014, 06:57 AM
I wholeheartedly support this idea. I'm fed up with people who can't grasp the possibility of a male rogue.
One of the game's major turn offs along with the stable camera angle.

At least we can fix this one with a simple thing like a gender symbol. For those who don't want to reveal it, make it non required so people can just leave it blank if they don't wish to show their gender.

Prahasit Prahi
02-24-2014, 06:59 AM
1 reason: people won't annoy you asking to be their gf :D

Solidly IGNORE them :) :p

Pandorix
02-24-2014, 10:44 AM
There will be many fake girls :)

Sent from Vox TV via...wait,what?

epicrrr
02-26-2014, 08:48 AM
Bad idea, very conflicting etc etc etcc, lets just leave the character gender as is, no need to add male symbol on a rog(woman) character.

Haligali
02-26-2014, 09:10 AM
This is a game, not an online dating site.

Küldve az én Nexus 4-emről

Zylx
02-26-2014, 03:56 PM
This is a game, not an online dating site.

Küldve az én Nexus 4-emről

Stand in windmore and try telling everyone that.

Bad idea, very conflicting etc etc etcc, lets just leave the character gender as is, no need to add male symbol on a rog(woman) character.

How is it conflicting? Like madnex said, if you dont want your gender shown, you can choose not to show it.

Sent by Zylx using Tapatalk

Milan Lame Man
02-28-2014, 08:35 AM
Sounds like a good suggestion when talking to people you don't know yet. Should also be accessible in friends/party/guild tab in Social menu.
And BTW, Vili the mythical smurf was a "she". I found that while doing mythics upgrade quest, in a text at one of the stones.

Foebegone
02-28-2014, 09:26 AM
Just have a new title

[I'm actually a boy]

I have never heard a girl complain about this issue. odd that :)

jimbollido1
03-01-2014, 12:24 AM
Sorcerers are female....

Because Villi is a female...

If you readed the rune of valheim in nordr...

CrazyTank
03-01-2014, 12:51 AM
Sorcerers are female....

Because Villi is a female...

If you readed the rune of valheim in nordr...

Finally I know the sorcerer gender

Exiah
03-01-2014, 01:32 AM
+1 to this idea. No need to tell why.

asimauara
03-01-2014, 11:57 AM
+1 and a thumbs up