PDA

View Full Version : PvP tiers

Bless
02-19-2014, 08:24 AM
So earlier I posted a suggestion that there should be prestige xp for pvp maps so I further developed that idea to create the tier system.

Idea:
One kill in pvp = 1 Pxp (prestige xp)

There are 3 tiers which are unlocked after a certain amount of pxp. Novice, Experienced and Legend. After 1000 pxp you are a novice. After 5000 pxp you are experienced. After 10000 pxp you are Legend. Players will have to gain those pxp, existing kills don't count. Maybe lower the requirements for warriors as they are more tanky?

Players are put into pvp maps with their tiers, so a novice can only play with other novices. Pvp tournaments, contests etc can be sorted tier wise.

Benefits:
- More competition for the pros
- Incentive to kill, less free flagging
- Play with equal opponents
- Less kill farmers as they will have to pxp level dummies once they reach next tier
- Better for twinks as they can face other twinks
- Better for endgame pvp kills LB as twinks can't farm the ungeared newbies

Update later. Feedback?

~ Bless

Samdegreat
02-19-2014, 08:41 AM
Less free flagging? Well the flaggers won't bother to kill so they will be put with all the "unexperienced players" which will most likely be weak.

The only benefit to this Is that kill farmers will have to make the dummies equivalent to them, so will reduce amount of kills they get...

Madnex
02-19-2014, 09:46 AM
Sounds like one of the good ideas about PvP balancing that could actually help.

Bless
02-19-2014, 10:08 AM
Less free flagging? Well the flaggers won't bother to kill so they will be put with all the "unexperienced players" which will most likely be weak.

The only benefit to this Is that kill farmers will have to make the dummies equivalent to them, so will reduce amount of kills they get... If they dont want to kill, thats their loss. Of course, at the top tier, people will want to kill a lot.

And you are correct, kill farmers will decline because once they reach another tier, they have to pxp level their dummies, which will make it extremely agonising for them to continue kill farming.

Hiosahaf
02-19-2014, 11:22 AM
(+1)^(1/0)

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

CrimsonBloodEmpire
02-19-2014, 12:01 PM
+1

Sent from my HTC Desire C using Tapatalk

MoloToha
02-19-2014, 04:26 PM
I think, it's a great idea, but there is a high risk of a kind of situations when a player makes a succession of lucky kills, his pxp raises a lot and then he gets harder opponents he can't fight cuz in fact, he isn't skilled enough for that pxp level. In the other hand, if pxp will be losable, high-tier players will drop their pxp to 0 and farm noobs there...

Hiosahaf
02-19-2014, 05:30 PM
I think, it's a great idea, but there is a high risk of a kind of situations when a player makes a succession of lucky kills, his pxp raises a lot and then he gets harder opponents he can't fight cuz in fact, he isn't skilled enough for that pxp level. In the other hand, if pxp will be losable, high-tier players will drop their pxp to 0 and farm noobs there...

Why would someone want more deaths? And even if they farm, it can't last long as they'll lvl up soon. It's a great idea and a few rewards (like 100 pxp, one egg. Just like story tokens) would be a fabulous incentive to attract people back to PvP from monotonous farming

BloodxBite
02-19-2014, 05:56 PM
nah, I prefer it the way it is as I prefer a challenge. Novices could just be noobs that play pvp and have like 10000+ deaths and only 1000 kills. I like to get easy kills and hard as well as people as good as myself. That's just making it less fun in my opinion.

Hiosahaf
02-19-2014, 06:07 PM
nah, I prefer it the way it is as I prefer a challenge. Novices could just be noobs that play pvp and have like 10000+ deaths and only 1000 kills. I like to get easy kills and hard as well as people as good as myself. That's just making it less fun in my opinion.

This will solve kill farming. Plus, I'm ready to be in an arena with 1 or 2 nubs occasionally. Don't think there would he many players with the kdr you mentioned. Valid point, but won't be that significant :)

Solid
02-19-2014, 08:13 PM
Solid

MoloToha
02-20-2014, 12:13 AM
Why would someone want more deaths? And even if they farm, it can't last long as they'll lvl up soon. It's a great idea and a few rewards (like 100 pxp, one egg. Just like story tokens) would be a fabulous incentive to attract people back to PvP from monotonous farming

If these deaths give them access to free kills, then they will do it. If their pxp raises, they drop it again. It's an endless cycle. Low pxp farmers will get much more kills than high pxp ones. They will fill the leaderboard (there is no death leaderboard, right?). Even if they will have to die a lot, they will do it, and have the same kdr, as Onade, but multiplied by 10, for example. If you want to farm kills with dummy, you drop to 0 pxp and get access to it. You can give up from a dummy and farm noobs, they are practically the same. I don't mind this idea so much, but it doesn't solve kill farming problem in it's current state...

Zynzyn
02-20-2014, 03:18 AM
This would work well in a dueling arena.

Bless
02-20-2014, 08:51 AM
If these deaths give them access to free kills, then they will do it. If their pxp raises, they drop it again. It's an endless cycle. Low pxp farmers will get much more kills than high pxp ones. They will fill the leaderboard (there is no death leaderboard, right?). Even if they will have to die a lot, they will do it, and have the same kdr, as Onade, but multiplied by 10, for example. If you want to farm kills with dummy, you drop to 0 pxp and get access to it. You can give up from a dummy and farm noobs, they are practically the same. I don't mind this idea so much, but it doesn't solve kill farming problem in it's current state... Pxp can only be gained. One kill = 1 pxp. Its exactly like the pve system, except for pvp. Pxp cannot be decreased/lost

Socrates
02-20-2014, 10:06 AM
woot woot awesome idea I hope it will be done.Nice thinking miraclebird

MoloToha
02-20-2014, 12:13 PM
Pxp can only be gained. One kill = 1 pxp. Its exactly like the pve system, except for pvp. Pxp cannot be decreased/lost

Ok, then bad player will co-op with his friend, kill him, then get killed by friend. Both will get equal number of pxp, so they will always be matchmaked in the same room. Also, they will get precious kills and their kd ratio will always equal to 1 (which is not bad)... Mutual profit!

In my opinion, kill farmers can't be stopped by some matchmaking formulas, cuz every matchmaking system has it's own weak points and can be abused. Kill farmers should be stopped by other people who are trusted by STS mods and devs and can punish kill farmers with unability to enter PvP for a certain period of time. It's a very primitive solution, but it's the best we can have.

Samdegreat
02-20-2014, 12:22 PM
I'm half and half hehe good idea :)

What if I want to 1v1 a friend who does not pvp much, or is this a separate room from ctf and tdm?

MoloToha
02-20-2014, 12:41 PM
I'm half and half hehe good idea :)

What if I want to 1v1 a friend who does not pvp much, or is this a separate room from ctf and tdm?

You just co-op with another player, enter the same room, kill him, then he kills you, then you kill him, then he kills you, repeat endlessly. This can deceive pxp system and also can be used for a current PvP system, because it gives a mutual profit.

Bless
02-20-2014, 04:27 PM
Ok, then bad player will co-op with his friend, kill him, then get killed by friend. Both will get equal number of pxp, so they will always be matchmaked in the same room. Also, they will get precious kills and their kd ratio will always equal to 1 (which is not bad)... Mutual profit!

In my opinion, kill farmers can't be stopped by some matchmaking formulas, cuz every matchmaking system has it's own weak points and can be abused. Kill farmers should be stopped by other people who are trusted by STS mods and devs and can punish kill farmers with unability to enter PvP for a certain period of time. It's a very primitive solution, but it's the best we can have. I don't think anybody, not even kill farmers use their friends as dummies...I do not think this Mutual profit will occur as kills even today are precious and I have not seen - in my 13 months of pvping - anyone farming friends to get kills. It just cuts the fun away and it is too time-consuming. I agree with you, kill farmers (on a big scale) should be punished but that is a different matter.

Bless
02-20-2014, 04:29 PM
Also, I was thinking this idea would be useful for TDM and maybe CTF too but mainly tdm because the goal there is to solely kill players.

Jenvy
02-20-2014, 04:38 PM
This is employed in a lot of other games, and it works pretty well. An excellent idea.

But I also think that, for this to really work, they'd have to create a randomized 1v1 arena, without a party join function, and that tiers would only be based on that arena's k/d ratio.

Bless
02-20-2014, 04:44 PM
This is employed in a lot of other games, and it works pretty well. An excellent idea.

But I also think that, for this to really work, they'd have to create a randomized 1v1 arena, without a party join function, and that tiers would only be based on that arena's k/d ratio. Yes it would work fluidly for TDM, hopefully STS make a 1v1 room too. On the other hand I was thinking that pxp gained from both CTF and TDM were the same (like pvp kills AP).

falmear
02-20-2014, 11:06 PM
I think this is a good idea or some variation of this idea would help on many levels.

Bless
02-21-2014, 09:20 AM
Someone added that there should be achievements for reaching novice, experienced and legend but that is a horrible idea and I will elaborate why.

Having achievement points for this would be undermining the whole concept of tiers. Everyone wants the most aps and if everyone had the legend AP, then there would be no point in having tiers because everyone would be on the top tier anyways, which is the same as pvp today.

Some reward has to be given for reaching new tiers. I was thinking of a vanity pack - like when you reach level cap you get a banner? Maybe a banner or vanity sets even.

Some developer feedback would be appreciated, even if it's a no or maybe. It isn't hard to put this in place as the idea is based on things already implemented ingame - and therefore it would be a huge load for designers, and it would be very good for us hardcore pvpers.

Bless
02-24-2014, 12:40 PM
*Revive*

Oedid
02-24-2014, 04:35 PM
hmmm me likey...

but..

I'm not sure what it is. Something doesn't seem 100%

I think that tiers needs additional pre-requisites. it's not enough to evaluate how ready you are to enter a new tier of pvp based on kills alone IMHO. Level and gear (for example) as additonal qualifiers may be need better assess how ready you are for a new tier.

With that being said, a new system of gear rating (either based on level or some new point rating system) would have to be created as benchmarks to reasonably qualify for whats expected for this new tier of pvp. (I see the debate on these benchmarks being a hot debate)

Furthermore, this system would have to scale based on new levels caps as new expansions and gear get released. Forcing a revamp of the current system or including new tiers as expansions continue to be released.

Beneficial as a game balancer, especially to newb pvp'ers, but also a massive load of new works and systems to implement for the Dev's, as well as a hot debate to devise a system of benchmarks to move from tier to tier.

Imjebus
02-24-2014, 04:38 PM
would love if they could figure a way to put a system like this into the game :)

Thewitch
02-25-2014, 03:41 PM
Lol..... 1000 kills = novice...10 000 kills... legend

In ap's 1000 kills = gladiator... 10 000 kills = warmonger

So this tier stuff means that ppl with same amount of kills will fight against others?