PDA

View Full Version : Regarding Mythic and Arcane Items and the Dragon Enclave Expansion

Samhayne
02-19-2014, 10:41 AM
Hi everyone,

We do not currently have plans to create a means for existing Mythic or Arcane items to be upgraded in the Dragon Enclave expansion.

Any further details regarding Mythic or Arcane rarity items will be announced as part of, or after the Dragon Enclave expansion. The team is still hard at work on the Dragon Enclave expansion and we don't want to post anything that isn't 100% final.

We know that you are excited for more details about Mythic and Arcane items and thank you very much for your patience.

Samhayne
Legends Producer

Erdnase
02-19-2014, 10:44 AM
Thx for update :)

Sorcerie
02-19-2014, 10:44 AM
good to know!

Anarchist
02-19-2014, 10:56 AM
Thanks for claryfing Sam!

Spell
02-19-2014, 10:57 AM
Aw was looking forward to upgrade armor to DRAGON ARMOR =p

Then again with all those baby dragons delph took ,it would turn our dragon enclave into dragon exctinct ^_^

Rare
02-19-2014, 10:57 AM
Awesome.

Puntus
02-19-2014, 11:05 AM
so mythic helm and armor lvl 36 its untradeable...that mean we cant sell this 2 mythics? u think about this stg? what we should do with this two mythic items?

Hiosahaf
02-19-2014, 11:05 AM
Awesome, would he truly great if level 26 helm and level 31 helm aren't upgradeable anymore. I mean, mythic helm has lasted 1 season beyond the intended 2 seasons! Armour has fulfilled its lifetime too

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

keikali
02-19-2014, 11:07 AM
Yes! Thanks Sam for the update.

While you're at it, fix Kershal!

Rare
02-19-2014, 11:42 AM
so mythic helm and armor lvl 36 its untradeable...that mean we cant sell this 2 mythics? u think about this stg? what we should do with this two mythic items?

They never said they would remain that way. We may see that change

officiallyjun
02-19-2014, 11:44 AM
noted!

Hoardseeker
02-19-2014, 11:51 AM
:0 Wow!

johnsr
02-19-2014, 11:51 AM
Awesome Thanks Sam!

Sephiroth143
02-19-2014, 11:58 AM
So~ wen's the expansion sam? This or next week?

steven_soj
02-19-2014, 12:33 PM
Hmm...

Iasciuna
02-19-2014, 12:34 PM
20k platinos for nothing..ty soo much sts for nothing no plat no golds no tradeable mythics very nice :)....

Anarchist
02-19-2014, 12:35 PM
Yes! Thanks Sam for the update.

While you're at it, fix Kershal!

Boil some coffe and bake some cookies too.

**Ps: If Sts hasn't fixed kershal after all this time and after all the complaints maybe they think the arcane staff is ok the way it is :)

Energizeric
02-19-2014, 12:45 PM
If you don't like your Kershal the way it is, then I'd be happy to take it off your hands. :P

Haligali
02-19-2014, 01:32 PM
Seems like someone needs mana regen. :p

Küldve az én Nexus 4-emről

Filipp Finnila
02-19-2014, 01:55 PM
thank you for the time since , this game starts to be too expensive for me. every 2-3 months new mystic items.. no thnx! and the old set cant be sold or upgraded.. i'll be excited waiting for diablo 3 reaper of souls thnx and bye!

Serancha
02-19-2014, 02:03 PM
Wow people complain about everything. This is as "most" people hoped / expected things would be for the coming expansion. Having things upgradable again would have been a huge mistake, so the decision is excellent. Thanks for this, STS.

Note: I like the fact most things are not being announced in advance - it'll make the expansion that much more exciting.

nefhti
02-19-2014, 02:07 PM
thank you for the time since , this game starts to be too expensive for me. every 2-3 months new mystic items.. no thnx! and the old set cant be sold or upgraded.. i'll be excited waiting for diablo 3 reaper of souls thnx and bye!

Right!! I just waste 3k platinums for the complete set! I will not spend my money anymore for this game.

Anarchist
02-19-2014, 02:16 PM
Right!! I just waste 3k platinums for the complete set! I will not spend my money anymore for this game.

Both of you shouldn't be in haste to leave, though you can't upgrade your current myths it is not written anywhere that you can't sell them in the future. :)

notfaded1
02-19-2014, 02:24 PM
We all just need to wait and see. One way... or the other things are going to work themselves out.

Imjebus
02-19-2014, 02:27 PM
People are overreacting it's ridiculous lol.

xlovableaze
02-19-2014, 02:38 PM

You didnt get the upgrading thingy. And i dont think they will still be tradeable. Coz think about this. When the expansion came. Lvl 41. If you are twink and wished to go to lvl 36 they need to upgrade their mythic armor and helm to get the ap and if sts will make the mythic armor and helm tradeable what is the purpose of upgrading ? And i had hard time waiting everyday for my helm and armor to be full exceptional. And i dont think they arent best next season. Like mythic bow lvl 31 theyre still better than dev bow lvl 36. So its probably gonna continue upgrading armor and helm to 41 or remain 36

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2

keikali
02-19-2014, 02:45 PM
Anyone care for some cheese in this thread?

Rare
02-19-2014, 03:10 PM
People are overreacting it's ridiculous lol.

You expected otherwise?

Anyone care for some cheese in this thread?

Actually, I only had tortilla soup for lunch. So hook it up.

Zanpakuto
02-19-2014, 03:13 PM
Looks like mythic rings and amulets are going to take a big dip today in the market! I guess it's good news for people who want to become a 31/36 twink

Rare
02-19-2014, 03:14 PM
You didnt get the upgrading thingy. And i dont think they will still be tradeable. Coz think about this. When the expansion came. Lvl 41. If you are twink and wished to go to lvl 36 they need to upgrade their mythic armor and helm to get the ap and if sts will make the mythic armor and helm tradeable what is the purpose of upgrading ? And i had hard time waiting everyday for my helm and armor to be full exceptional. And i dont think they arent best next season. Like mythic bow lvl 31 theyre still better than dev bow lvl 36. So its probably gonna continue upgrading armor and helm to 41 or remain 36

AP requirements can be changed. For example, getting AP by completing the quest and not just having the armor. If people want the AP, they need to do the quest. That's why they would do it.

Also, I don't remember reading anywhere that said Mythics would be the "best" for two seasons. I have read numerous times where Developers stated Mythics would be the best for one season and remain "competitive" the next (better proc for example)

Kudos to STS for stopping this trend. People might not like it, but its best for the longevity of the game.

Ixyris
02-19-2014, 03:20 PM
To people complaining :
Don't worry men. Sts said a lot of time : mythic stuffs will be the best equipment for 2 seasons, arcane for 3. So mythic upgraded stuff and lv 36 mythic weapons will still be the most wanted things at lv 41.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 con Tapatalk 2

Rare
02-19-2014, 03:27 PM
mythic stuffs will be the best equipment for 2 seasons

Maybe I missed it, but I don't think they ever said that.

There is a difference between being the "THE best" and being "competitive with THE best"

Og kush
02-19-2014, 03:53 PM
Sucks but hey what ya gonna do might as well quit cause crying ain't gonna change anything if you are rich or lucky you will get stuff. Quiting won't solve anything cause there's not enough of u doing it. But at the same time everytime somebody quits there's another to take place. It's been about the money the whole time so y would u be so surprised at announcements.

Swoozay
02-19-2014, 04:19 PM
This game is all about farming, why would you want the same items to be the best so you have hardly anything to work for in an expansion. Go play other mmo's, it's the exact same thing. For example, working 5 months for an item in world of warcraft later to be replaced by a simple quest item. You also DON'T have to spend plat for these items, you can buy nearly everything from gold in Arcane legends. Have some appreciation for the hard work Sts puts into this game :watermelon:

Puntus
02-19-2014, 04:25 PM
[QUOTE=xlovableaze;1482837]You didnt get the upgrading thingy. And i dont think they will still be tradeable. Coz think about this. When the expansion came. Lvl 41. If you are twink and wished to go to lvl 36 they need to upgrade their mythic armor and helm to get the ap and if sts will make the mythic armor and helm tradeable what is the purpose of upgrading ? And i had hard time waiting everyday for my helm and armor to be full exceptional. And i dont think they arent best next season. Like mythic bow lvl 31 theyre still better than dev bow lvl 36. So its probably gonna continue upgrading armor and helm to 41 or remain 36

I get it, thats why I ask that , because I wonder to know what will happen with mythic helm and armor, thats all, I asked to see if stg clariyfing that point, u dont get my question, I dont care if we will cant upgrade, i just wantes to know about helm and armor untradeable atm mythic items

Allocate
02-19-2014, 04:28 PM
Thanks SAM!

http://www.daaonline.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/thumbs-up.jpg

Kakashis
02-19-2014, 04:28 PM
I'm usually bang on about they way STS goes about things, and this time is no different! Everyone prepare for new mythic items!

Hiosahaf
02-19-2014, 04:29 PM
Maybe I missed it, but I don't think they ever said that.

There is a difference between being the "THE best" and being "competitive with THE best"

Indeed. But what irks me now is the issue with mythic helm -ever since it was upgradeable to 36. It was supposed to last 2 seasons only!

Back to the issue at hand, people who whine about mythic sets should really stop now. Really. The only mythic "sets" which should be competitive now should be the lvl 36 weapons.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Puntus
02-19-2014, 04:29 PM
They never said they would remain that way. We may see that change

Ik, thats why im asking , wonder to know it

wvhills
02-19-2014, 04:39 PM
on a separate note: there will be new mythic and arcane items available only in locked crates!

Swoozay
02-19-2014, 04:59 PM
on a separate note: there will be new mythic and arcane items available only in locked crates!

And then eventually, there will be even more new mythic and arcane items in locked crates :banana:

Brotha Woods
02-19-2014, 05:06 PM
Sam I was having hard time trying to create my own thread with question so guess I post here. Are the VIP locked crates still being awarded? And how much to spend before I get one. Are the chances of looting something mythic or arcane better than original locked crates?
Maybe u can start thread on the topic plz. Thank you -ThaifoodJr-

Brotha Woods
02-19-2014, 05:08 PM
Both of you shouldn't be in haste to leave, though you can't upgrade your current myths it is not written anywhere that you can't sell them in the future. :)
I agree

xlovableaze
02-19-2014, 05:16 PM
AP requirements can be changed. For example, getting AP by completing the quest and not just having the armor. If people want the AP, they need to do the quest. That's why they would do it.

Also, I don't remember reading anywhere that said Mythics would be the "best" for two seasons. I have read numerous times where Developers stated Mythics would be the best for one season and remain "competitive" the next (better proc for example)

Kudos to STS for stopping this trend. People might not like it, but its best for the longevity of the game.

Do u remember when the cap is lvl 31? What helm are ppl using? A LVL 26 HELM RIGHT????mythics not always on same on your level. Like mythic bow they are 31 but they are still better, compare to dev bow. So if you will use legendary armor and helm next cap lvl 41 try the difference. :)

Buknah
02-19-2014, 05:31 PM
Will the current upgraded mythic armor and helmet be the best armor and helmet at expansion?

phillyr
02-19-2014, 05:55 PM
Very nice, thank you for the information

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Wutzgood
02-19-2014, 06:10 PM
Great news. Thanks for the announcement. Better to have new gear than recycle the old stuff.

Ebezaanec
02-19-2014, 06:34 PM
Yes!!

Thank you STG.. No more mythic upgrades.

I'm lovin' the expansion already.

musasun
02-19-2014, 06:44 PM
Thank you Sam, please fix kershal scepter.

Subhanallah... <---- Pronounce this word. You're welcome.

Modestors
02-19-2014, 08:48 PM
Thanks for the updated, looking forward for the exciting to come!

Redheadwendy
02-19-2014, 09:29 PM
I'm not complaining about the news or anything, but can someone give me good reason why things would be worse if current level 36 mythic armors were upgradable again? Just curious.

Endongdeeez
02-19-2014, 10:16 PM
Thx sam for update :D We all excited for new adventure or cap :) See yah guyss .

Geaneker
02-19-2014, 10:39 PM
Just saying if the lvl 36 armor doesn't get upgraded the story lie is gonna get thrown of cause holder and the other 2 are supposed to the strongest in armor and so there armor would have to be too and adding new mythic set would make no sense after doing the upgrading mythic quest and getting the hero of legend tittle I think sets should just upgrade current mythic set into dragon designs mythic

Energizeric
02-19-2014, 11:56 PM
I'm not complaining about the news or anything, but can someone give me good reason why things would be worse if current level 36 mythic armors were upgradable again? Just curious.

If the level 36 mythic armors and helms were upgradable again, then there would be no reason for anyone to farm the elite dungeons in the new expansion. Items are expensive only when there is big demand for them. If the older items can simply be upgraded to be the best, then nobody is going to want the new legendary items that drop from the elite bosses in the new expansion, and the prices for those items will be very low. Then people will complain that there is no way to earn any money, and thus the rich players will stay rich and the poor players will stay poor with no way to earn any gold except by opening locked crates.

Many of us older players who played during seasons 2 & 3 made fortunes by farming elite dungeons back when the level cap was at 21 & 26. Back then the legendary items were the best out there, and the best legendary armors, helms and weapons sold for more than 1m gold each. These were items that dropped from elite bosses, and if you spent lots of time farming you could make millions. But you will notice that this past season during the shuyal expansion (level 36 cap), there were very few items that could be farmed that were worth anything significant. Only the archon rings were worth a lot, and it was because they were better than the mythic ring. Take that one example as proof that farmable legendary items have big value when there is no commonly available mythic item that is better.

So by making the level 36 mythic sets NOT upgradable, STS will actually be helping the poorer players by giving them a chance to farm valuable legendary items. Yes, there may be new mythic items that are introduced, but they will sell for very high prices (like the level 36 mythic weapons) until they become more common, and during that time the best legendary items will still have good value.

Cryrus
02-20-2014, 02:29 AM
yeah more challenging AP please not boring flag AP

Redheadwendy
02-20-2014, 04:19 AM

If the level 36 mythic armors and helms were upgradable again, then there would be no reason for anyone to farm the elite dungeons in the new expansion. Items are expensive only when there is big demand for them. If the older items can simply be upgraded to be the best, then nobody is going to want the new legendary items that drop from the elite bosses in the new expansion, and the prices for those items will be very low. Then people will complain that there is no way to earn any money, and thus the rich players will stay rich and the poor players will stay poor with no way to earn any gold except by opening locked crates.

Many of us older players who played during seasons 2 & 3 made fortunes by farming elite dungeons back when the level cap was at 21 & 26. Back then the legendary items were the best out there, and the best legendary armors, helms and weapons sold for more than 1m gold each. These were items that dropped from elite bosses, and if you spent lots of time farming you could make millions. But you will notice that this past season during the shuyal expansion (level 36 cap), there were very few items that could be farmed that were worth anything significant. Only the archon rings were worth a lot, and it was because they were better than the mythic ring. Take that one example as proof that farmable legendary items have big value when there is no commonly available mythic item that is better.

So by making the level 36 mythic sets NOT upgradable, STS will actually be helping the poorer players by giving them a chance to farm valuable legendary items. Yes, there may be new mythic items that are introduced, but they will sell for very high prices (like the level 36 mythic weapons) until they become more common, and during that time the best legendary items will still have good value.

Very good answer, thanks

valheeru
02-20-2014, 05:42 AM
i am a non plat user and some of us also got rl and cant farm all time. it took me a year to get enuff gold for my myth helm and chest, as long as it is competive with new gear i am happy but if it goes obsolete i wouldnt be bothered to do it all over again.

ElfDreamer
02-20-2014, 06:27 AM
I thinks no mythic/arcane/legends item lv41 in next expansion :) LoL

Meguy
02-20-2014, 07:12 AM
Well time to get rich again :)

notfaded1
02-20-2014, 09:34 AM
And we're reducing the chances in the loot table for locked crate arcane pets by .001 and now will only drop Glacian with a couple Singe just to tease people!

Also I find it NOT ironic that the people that want all the mythic and arcane items currently in game to be made irrelevant are the people without them... go figure right...

Okatare
02-20-2014, 10:00 AM
Just thinking of couple friends.. who saved up and upgraded their mythics like 2-3 weeks ago. They wasted all they had. And if it turns to be useless in a week.. they are broke. And I am sure they are not the only ones. The "Rich-poor" gap grows larger

Paulsebi
02-20-2014, 10:19 AM
Good news!

borix
02-20-2014, 10:56 AM
Why are so many people saying they will be useless?

They will become less expensive (which is -I am sorry- good for most people) but they will certainly not become useless.

Imjebus
02-20-2014, 11:15 AM
Why are so many people saying they will be useless?

They will become less expensive (which is -I am sorry- good for most people) but they will certainly not become useless.

Not only will they not become useless they will still be DECENT gear to farm with for the NEW gear that will make them more money. I have a feeling this expansion is going to have a lot more farming options.

Energizeric
02-20-2014, 12:44 PM
Also I find it NOT ironic that the people that want all the mythic and arcane items currently in game to be made irrelevant are the people without them... go figure right...

Quite the opposite actually. Most of us "pro" players (the ones who have been playing since season 1 & 2) are the ones saying that the mythics should NOT be upgraded. Every single one of us has the best mythic and arcane items. We just know from experience that the game is more fun when the elite legendary items have good value. We know this because we played during seasons 1-3 when that situation existed.

I don't care if my mythics become obsolete. I will farm, merch, etc.....and I will work hard to get new ones. It has become boring having mythics now anyway because everyone has them. It was fun early in season 4 when I had mythics because most players did not yet have them and I was able to dominate in PvP.

The game becomes boring when everyone has the same gear. I want them to release some new gear. I will work hard, save my money, and hopefully I will acquire that gear before most other players so that I can enjoy that same kind of period that I did early in season 4. That is what makes the game fun. It is a big challenge. Without that kind of challenge, the game becomes very boring.

Striderevil
02-20-2014, 02:10 PM
Was it so hard to just upgrade the existing mythics using a recipe or quest to give additional properties or craft a better armor from existing? Was it really necessary to remove the old mythics and make them useless/ worthless/ untradeable while still keeping them in the Locked pool? So now in addition to gaining mostly crap from lockeds you will in addition get rare mythic crap.

STS honestly in addition to locked drops just allow people to open a crate from store for 16 plat whenever they wish rather than having to farm for eternity or buy lockeds from market. Also allow gold to be converted to plat so that more people can access locked crates.

Magegrimm
02-20-2014, 03:09 PM
Great :))

Anarchist
02-20-2014, 03:14 PM
I find it NOT ironic that the people that want all the mythic and arcane items currently in game to be made irrelevant are the people without them... go figure right...

False. Very false.

automagically
02-20-2014, 04:12 PM
Listen to great and wise energize he speaks the truth

Sdbigdaddy
02-20-2014, 04:15 PM
Good decisions by sts b/c they need to evolve to keep making $ in turn to better content for us. You want a static game with the same gear all the time trying playing space legends. Got to max lvl (I think 46) and had nothing better to do, nothing to accomplish no better gear to obtain. You might as well start rolling credits, you'll be done with the game.

It IS frustrating to buy something (either through time or real $) and then to see the value of it go big time down in a few days. If this gets to you, I suggest never buying things when they are first introduced. You like singe? Wait a bit and you'll see the cost drop significantly when other pets are introduced. Buy things knowing the value drops (almost always) as soon as you buy them. Open an egg, it's no longer worth anything in the market. Buy and enjoy a mythic and understand there is a shelf life or half life to it.

Btw, I really enjoyed the upgrading of the mythics. You had to work it a little to get something instead of just being able to buy it. Why not make a special mythic crown obtainable through the combination of owning a full set of mythics and by completing another quest? Owning a previous set allows you to quest for one type of crown and owning other set allows you to quest for another. And then perhaps a special vanity then, and then etc... You would have players tripping over themselves trying to keep and obtain all the complete sets. No one would think and of it was junk or outdated b/c there was a good possibility even an older set would still be needed.

Great job developers! Cheers!

aarrgggggg
02-20-2014, 04:23 PM
Buying mage mythic set armor and helm 500k for the set sound good??????

Spyce
02-20-2014, 06:31 PM
Thanks for the information.

Xeusx
02-20-2014, 11:39 PM
yay, no more rumors now XD
Which mean mythic or arcane will be useless heheheheh XD

Energizeric
02-21-2014, 12:09 AM
BTW, level 26 mythic helm and level 31 mythic armor will continue to be valuable as they will be needed for the crafting APs. So looting them out of a locked crate will still yield 1m+ per item.

jhopper
02-21-2014, 07:48 AM
Wooohooo!!! New mythic and arcane :) ready to pass down my mythic to another toon. :victorious:

Dr.deaths
02-21-2014, 08:37 AM
we cannot wait :subdued:

chayou
02-21-2014, 10:42 AM
lazy

KKIDIRA
02-21-2014, 12:35 PM
Thx for the info :-)

harneez
02-21-2014, 02:09 PM
I hope mythic armor and helmet can upgrade to lvl 41.....please..

Thrucho
02-23-2014, 06:31 PM
I spent 4m to get my mythic armor and helmet. 3 months ago!!.. now I cant sell it and it won't be upgradeable in this expansion! This sucks man

Iasciuna
02-24-2014, 06:13 PM
jajajajajaja i think same...tradeable please ...

ruizerwin
02-26-2014, 08:21 AM
Okay thanks for the update

Friufi
02-28-2014, 12:42 AM
Quite the opposite actually. Most of us "pro" players (the ones who have been playing since season 1 & 2) are the ones saying that the mythics should NOT be upgraded. Every single one of us has the best mythic and arcane items. We just know from experience that the game is more fun when the elite legendary items have good value. We know this because we played during seasons 1-3 when that situation existed.

I don't care if my mythics become obsolete. I will farm, merch, etc.....and I will work hard to get new ones. It has become boring having mythics now anyway because everyone has them. It was fun early in season 4 when I had mythics because most players did not yet have them and I was able to dominate in PvP.

The game becomes boring when everyone has the same gear. I want them to release some new gear. I will work hard, save my money, and hopefully I will acquire that gear before most other players so that I can enjoy that same kind of period that I did early in season 4. That is what makes the game fun. It is a big challenge. Without that kind of challenge, the game becomes very boring.

Gone were the days of the mighty vorpal swords, agile lifethiefs, and clever staff (cant remember mage's super weapon name) during S1. It was simple back then. Every player can aspire to be the best AL player, because mythic/arcane gears/pets did not exist. It created a healthy competition back then (I really missed those glorious days), because the best gear for any class is within reach of anyone (who is willing to put in the effort and time into AL).

Alas, nowadays, to be even an above-average player, you must own mythic/arcane gears/pets. However, as dictated by the current game mechanics, mythic/arcane gears/pets are meant to be beyond the reach of the majority of the players (for obvious reasons). And it applies whether the player is a plat-user or not (case-in-point: the gambling nature of locked crates).

Personally, this aspect of the game has ruined my appetite for AL.....

P.S. If anyone says: this is how the game is nowadays, take it or leave it; I chose to leave it.

illwilly
02-28-2014, 08:26 AM
Gone were the days of the mighty vorpal swords, agile lifethiefs, and clever staff (cant remember mage's super weapon name) during S1. It was simple back then. Every player can aspire to be the best AL player, because mythic/arcane gears/pets did not exist. It created a healthy competition back then (I really missed those glorious days), because the best gear for any class is within reach of anyone (who is willing to put in the effort and time into AL).

Alas, nowadays, to be even an above-average player, you must own mythic/arcane gears/pets. However, as dictated by the current game mechanics, mythic/arcane gears/pets are meant to be beyond the reach of the majority of the players (for obvious reasons). And it applies whether the player is a plat-user or not (case-in-point: the gambling nature of locked crates).

P.S. If anyone says: this is how the game is nowadays, take it or leave it; I chose to leave it.

Dont leave,
im full mythic and has been for a while, but if i put on tarlok assalt armor helm and amulet and epic brutality int ring and a epic staff, (go from 444 to 230dmg) I still can kill most mobs and bosses solo, it takes double the time, but its not like i die alott more.
i have run with other mages saying my dmg sick and all sort of stuff when im in pt with them, but when i change gear to let them see that skillbuild and playstyle and charging the right skills is more important for survivability then having best gear, they just whine that i should use my mythics since it takes an extra sec to kill a mob..

please dont hate the plat users, let us keep some of the love, we are the ones paying so the gameservers and improvements and so on is implemented.. just my opinion;)

Energizeric
03-01-2014, 03:51 AM

While you may have preferred those old days of season 1, I would have gotten very bored if those days had continued. I started playing Arcane Legends about 2 weeks before the the season 2 dead city expansion. And in those 2 weeks I managed to cap my toon to level 16 and acquire all of the best gear available without spending any plat. Sorry, but that is way too easy.

The only reason I enjoyed it was because it was a new game and new things are always fun. But unless STS was going to release a new expansion every 2 weeks, I would have become bored very quickly with such an easy system. I prefer long term goals that take hundreds of hours of gameplay to accomplish. Working hard for my mythic set was exactly that...

During season 4, I spent tons of time farming, merching, doing PvP, etc.... As a result, by the end of season 4 I had managed to have all 5 mythic items for my sorcerer, and I earned 3 leaderboard banners. On the other hand, because they allowed us all to upgrade our armor and helms, farming in season 5 quickly became boring because of low prices of the architect legendary items, and I have found it much harder this season to earn gold. Instead of playing hours every day, I now seem to play about 15-30 minutes each day, just do some quick merching, a couple of quick quests, and then sign off. I'm hoping season 6 returns to the glory of season 4.

I will acknowledge that STS had trouble managing the economy during seasons 3 & 4 due to the cheap crate pinks, but that problem has since been resolved by making those items more rare. I think their new system of releasing items in waves which is coming in season 6 will further increase the value of those items, and farming will once again be fun and very profitable. So be happy there will be mythic and arcane items to work hard for. The game will once again be a challenge, but one which can be achieved with hard work.

Kakashis
03-01-2014, 04:35 AM
Yeah, as it is farming is totally pointless especially after the 2months in advance announcement. Can't wait to get back in the horse!

Friufi
03-01-2014, 02:01 PM
Dont leave,
im full mythic and has been for a while, but if i put on tarlok assalt armor helm and amulet and epic brutality int ring and a epic staff, (go from 444 to 230dmg) I still can kill most mobs and bosses solo, it takes double the time, but its not like i die alott more.
i have run with other mages saying my dmg sick and all sort of stuff when im in pt with them, but when i change gear to let them see that skillbuild and playstyle and charging the right skills is more important for survivability then having best gear, they just whine that i should use my mythics since it takes an extra sec to kill a mob..

please dont hate the plat users, let us keep some of the love, we are the ones paying so the gameservers and improvements and so on is implemented.. just my opinion;)

I am (or rather, was) a plat-user too. Invested quite a sum for plats, its no joke. Never said anything about hating plat users.

And agreed that skill build and playstyle is very important. During the pre mythic/arcane days, since any player could attain the best gear possible for his/her toon class, individual skill build and playstyle WERE the difference between a good player and an expert player. Now, with the introduction of mythic/arcane stuff, its arguably no longer the case.

But then again, I'm not arguing about this point too.

I've started to lose my appetite towards AL ever since the introduction of the gambling mechanics for getting arcane/mythic stuff. STS has made the game this way: paying customers i.e. plat-users (myself included) can't get arcane/mythic stuff (directly), unless he/she gets lucky in gambling.

And it's this continuing trend within the AL game mechanics that made me lose my appetite for AL completely.

Friufi
03-01-2014, 02:24 PM
While you may have preferred those old days of season 1, I would have gotten very bored if those days had continued. I started playing Arcane Legends about 2 weeks before the the season 2 dead city expansion. And in those 2 weeks I managed to cap my toon to level 16 and acquire all of the best gear available without spending any plat. Sorry, but that is way too easy.

The only reason I enjoyed it was because it was a new game and new things are always fun. But unless STS was going to release a new expansion every 2 weeks, I would have become bored very quickly with such an easy system. I prefer long term goals that take hundreds of hours of gameplay to accomplish. Working hard for my mythic set was exactly that...

During season 4, I spent tons of time farming, merching, doing PvP, etc.... As a result, by the end of season 4 I had managed to have all 5 mythic items for my sorcerer, and I earned 3 leaderboard banners. On the other hand, because they allowed us all to upgrade our armor and helms, farming in season 5 quickly became boring because of low prices of the architect legendary items, and I have found it much harder this season to earn gold. Instead of playing hours every day, I now seem to play about 15-30 minutes each day, just do some quick merching, a couple of quick quests, and then sign off. I'm hoping season 6 returns to the glory of season 4.

I will acknowledge that STS had trouble managing the economy during seasons 3 & 4 due to the cheap crate pinks, but that problem has since been resolved by making those items more rare. I think their new system of releasing items in waves which is coming in season 6 will further increase the value of those items, and farming will once again be fun and very profitable. So be happy there will be mythic and arcane items to work hard for. The game will once again be a challenge, but one which can be achieved with hard work.

After reading your response towards me on the other thread (oh you know which one), lets just agree to disagree.

Energizeric
03-01-2014, 05:24 PM
After reading your response towards me on the other thread (oh you know which one), lets just agree to disagree.

Yes, this is all a matter of opinion. Everyone likes something different. The problem is that some players want the game to only be suitable for their tastes and nobody else's.

This is a thread about mythic and arcane items. If you don't like mythic and arcane items, then nobody is forcing you to try to get them. Nobody is forcing you to open crates, and nobody is forcing you to do a quest for dragons teeth. You can simply get legendary items the same as you did back in season 1 and be happy. You can do everything the same exact way that you did in season 1, and nothing would be any different. There is no reason for you to leave the game.

But some of us like a really tough challenge, so these items are here for those of us who do. You don't see me complaining that there shouldn't be legendary items, so I don't think you should be complaining that there shouldn't be mythic and arcane items. And BTW, complaining that mythic & arcane items should be easier to obtain is the same thing as complaining that they shouldn't exist at all, since if they were more common then they would by definition be legendary or epic and not mythic or arcane. Color has to do with rarity and not with statistics. Mythic and arcane items, by definition, are extremely rare, meaning very few players have them.

MatsMats
03-01-2014, 10:55 PM
so any suggestions guys should i sell my mythic items now or keep it? any suggestions pls

Hakudemon
03-01-2014, 11:30 PM
level 36 mythics untradable, so means it just become a junk item after this expansion? think about it sts :)

Kho Jia Jun
03-05-2014, 02:31 AM
Its ok... I cant even get a mythic or arcane items...

Psiruse
03-06-2014, 01:19 AM
Thanks for the update

BetakingHarry
03-06-2014, 10:48 PM
Nice
tnx sam

Froxanthar
03-06-2014, 11:22 PM
I wish STS can make current Mythic Armor and Helm upgradable for once last time into Lv.41 Arcane before making a new Mythic with higher levels.

Kingofninjas
03-09-2014, 03:43 AM
level 36 mythics untradable, so means it just become a junk item after this expansion? think about it sts :)

Most mythics are the best items for around 2 seasons so i think the upgraded mythic helm and armour will still be the best for 6th season.

However, in the 7th season it will become a junk item unless it is made tradable.

xlovableaze
03-09-2014, 06:12 AM

Gosh, why ppl think this? Idk why. Coz when we go back to last season. We are using a mythic helm lvl (26) since we are lvl 31? but still . Its still better than legendary. And so, even our set is lvl 36 they will still be best to 41. Idk why ppl thinking it will be useless, or trash next expansion, do you even think what will happen to lvl 31 guns and hooks after this expansion? Dnt worry about the set. Coz it wont become useless, however hooks, and lvl 31 weapons will be useless.

Pentavia
03-09-2014, 06:48 AM
I wish for a plat sale before the expansion...

Jig
03-09-2014, 08:33 AM
Gosh, why ppl think this? Idk why. Coz when we go back to last season. We are using a mythic helm lvl (26) since we are lvl 31? but still . Its still better than legendary. And so, even our set is lvl 36 they will still be best to 41. Idk why ppl thinking it will be useless, or trash next expansion, do you even think what will happen to lvl 31 guns and hooks after this expansion? Dnt worry about the set. Coz it wont become useless, however hooks, and lvl 31 weapons will be useless.

Well if they won't be upgradable, yes maybe they will be still be the best items for lvl 41, but if they don't release new Mythics around 46-51 what then? Just stickin' with Legendary...? Since Mythics wouldn't be upgradable they'll be twink items' n
non tradable, not upgradable, just sit there unless you wanna Twink 36, dunno what they're going to do but they will sort something out, they always do..

Pie
03-09-2014, 08:47 PM
Does this mean that the current mythics will still be upgradable to 36 for the Hero of The Legend Quest? And will those level 36 mythics be tradeable? Or will the (hopefully) new mythics be upgradeable from like 36-41 and still get the Hero of Legend Quest? Thanks.

Rogueulator
03-09-2014, 09:44 PM
Hey guys, you brought up some good points, but there are some things I would like to clear up a bit. I've been a player since season one; now that doesn't make me any more knowledgeable or right, but I've seen things develop over time. Let's cut to the chase:

STS created a paradox when they started implementing mythic and arcane items. Of course these items were created to sell platinum so they can make money. This subject has been beaten to death so let's move on. The problem this created was that a certain, let's say "fortunate", few were able to obtain these items. While this did create an imbalance, it was not so apparent in the beginning, since these items were few and truly rare. As time progressed more items were introduced and the supply increased via enormous amount of plat spending and double chance drop events and so forth.. The players who ended up with the mythic and arcane items and created sets were the plat spenders or the OP players who had accumulated gold from farming countless hours. The players who were lucky enough to get that one or even two items, of course sold it before the price starting coming down.
What this created was a class division, a "monopoly" if you will. These super OP players recognized each other and became friends, guild mates, party mates, etc. They farmed together because it was the most efficient way to make even more gold. Armed with elixirs they farmed most of the drops with unmatched efficiency, therefore reaping most of the gold in CS. By the time the average player had the ability to farm legendary items with any sort of efficiency, the prices were already deflated to a certain extent. Also merching was dominated by the same group of OP players. In the meantime, STS had to make the elite maps and bosses more challenging to promote more crate openings and not bore the OP players to sleep. This made the imbalance even worse, crippling the economy of AL.
When STS acknowledged this problem, they had a juggling act on their hands. How could they even the playing field without upsetting their paying customers? They can't, it's too late; and whatever solution they come up with is temporary at best. Keeping balance and making money are a conflict of interest. The motivation to spend plat is to become OP or a step closer to that objective. With that being said, did you ever tell yourself you want to stop making money in real life or stop making gold in AL? I didn't think so. Therefore the cycle can only repeat itself even with new items.

Okatare
03-10-2014, 12:14 AM
Well if they won't be upgradable, yes maybe they will be still be the best items for lvl 41, but if they don't release new Mythics around 46-51 what then? Just stickin' with Legendary...? Since Mythics wouldn't be upgradable they'll be twink items' n
non tradable, not upgradable, just sit there unless you wanna Twink 36, dunno what they're going to do but they will sort something out, they always do..

I have a friend who has just saved up gold to buy helm and armor. In a week they may become useless, but [hero of legend] aint cancelled. So this achievement actually costs 4mln to buy useless junk. Some necessary shards should be added to locked crates to let these sets be crafted to 41-46 lvl like arcane rings. All will be satisfied. We pay some, but keep Our items while Stg get money from us opening lockeds to get craft ingredients and has no headache with creating new myth helm and armor and making old version reasonable to keep (cant they just remove items necessary for achievements? But on the other hand keeping them as they are will mean they will be extreme cheap)

Energizeric
03-10-2014, 01:20 AM
Hey guys, you brought up some good points, but there are some things I would like to clear up a bit. I've been a player since season one; now that doesn't make me any more knowledgeable or right, but I've seen things develop over time. Let's cut to the chase:

STS created a paradox when they started implementing mythic and arcane items. Of course these items were created to sell platinum so they can make money. This subject has been beaten to death so let's move on. The problem this created was that a certain, let's say "fortunate", few were able to obtain these items. While this did create an imbalance, it was not so apparent in the beginning, since these items were few and truly rare. As time progressed more items were introduced and the supply increased via enormous amount of plat spending and double chance drop events and so forth.. The players who ended up with the mythic and arcane items and created sets were the plat spenders or the OP players who had accumulated gold from farming countless hours. The players who were lucky enough to get that one or even two items, of course sold it before the price starting coming down.
What this created was a class division, a "monopoly" if you will. These super OP players recognized each other and became friends, guild mates, party mates, etc. They farmed together because it was the most efficient way to make even more gold. Armed with elixirs they farmed most of the drops with unmatched efficiency, therefore reaping most of the gold in CS. By the time the average player had the ability to farm legendary items with any sort of efficiency, the prices were already deflated to a certain extent. Also merching was dominated by the same group of OP players. In the meantime, STS had to make the elite maps and bosses more challenging to promote more crate openings and not bore the OP players to sleep. This made the imbalance even worse, crippling the economy of AL.
When STS acknowledged this problem, they had a juggling act on their hands. How could they even the playing field without upsetting their paying customers? They can't, it's too late; and whatever solution they come up with is temporary at best. Keeping balance and making money are a conflict of interest. The motivation to spend plat is to become OP or a step closer to that objective. With that being said, did you ever tell yourself you want to stop making money in real life or stop making gold in AL? I didn't think so. Therefore the cycle can only repeat itself even with new items.

You make many excellent points, but this is the nature of the game. And it's not so much different than how things are in real life. You have your very successful rich people and then you have everyone else. Most of the rich people inherit their money, and a very small percentage work very hard (or get lucky) to achieve success.

My complaint has been that they have not taken it far enough. I think that they need to spread things out even more. I think there should always be more out there for someone to achieve. No player should ever achieve everything no matter how much time they spend playing or how much plat they spend. I've brought up the issue before about adding more achievements. Many complain that the flagging achievement is too hard, but I think everyone dislikes the flagging achievements because it's the only hard one and everyone is always working on that one achievement. If they were to add achievements like that in every category, then it would allow players to choose their challenge and work on achievements in the area they prefer. Nobody would ever get bored as there would always be something to do.

Samhayne
03-13-2014, 10:58 AM
The Dragon Enclave expansion is now live.

More details at: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?142108-The-Dragons-Have-Arrived!-Dragon-Enclave-is-Now-Live-in-Arcane-Legends