PDA

View Full Version : XP / Grinding Guides?

Kanij
12-02-2010, 05:39 PM
Anyone have a link to an XP guide, like the most efficient way to level up? Perhaps all classes? I'm currently playing an Enchantress, but would like to read any guides.

When is the best time to use an xp elixir? Is there a specific zone that you get the most for your money?

Gaabob
12-02-2010, 08:03 PM
Droid gen is among us..(or keeper gen? Lol) (too bad for iDevice gen- you get the droid gen classification).

Kanij I advise not powerleveling your first character, for a plethora of reasons including the timeless classification of noob and the fact that you will never ever appreciate PL to it's utmost capacity.

PL is coolest the first time you play it, no question. It is epicly awesome. (after original epic spike levels off at a constant prtydarncool). Also the best content(IMO) is in the middle levels. If you skip the middle at the beginning you have lost something that you shall never get a second chance at. Also if you skip the middle levels you will jump over something intangible which gets stuck to you and makes you stay with PL for much longer than if that ephemeral something isn't there.

My 2 cents.. Hope you catch something from it

Bigsleazy
12-03-2010, 12:26 AM
First: nice vocab=plethora.

Second: don't bother telling people this. This gen of players Should be labeled the "instant gratification" gen because they just want l50 and awesome gear without working for it. Don't want to experience the game at all.

Zeus
12-03-2010, 12:44 AM
You know what I just realized, I'm considered an oldie, but I never bothered to finish the mardi boss brawl whenever I played it, everytime I would have to leave mid game, haha. I also took a break when frozen nightmares came out so didn't finish that either, also didn't do the quests but thats only because quests kinda bore me atm :0

giayuan
12-03-2010, 12:51 AM
i like you words gaabob =)
i remember when i first got this app, though my days in Lost Expedition were the best. i would wake up at 5:00 in the morning (summer break) and play

Uctiger62
12-03-2010, 02:30 AM
First: nice vocab=plethora.

Second: don't bother telling people this. This gen of players Should be labeled the "instant gratification" gen because they just want l50 and awesome gear without working for it. Don't want to experience the game at all.

WTF is wrong with you people? I don't remember seeing anything in the OP about getting Plvl'd/ran through all the instances while he's lvl 2. Jesus Christ. The guy asks which dungeons are the MOST EFFICIENT, exp wise, and all you self-righteous 'oldies' flip your **** because you can't bear to think that maybe some people didn't spend three weeks at lvl XX farming Y weapon/gold like you did.

FFS.

Bigsleazy
12-03-2010, 02:47 AM
I'm flattered you consider me an oldie. And it's because if you play the game normally you will learn 95% of the questions asked on these forums for yourself. And be better off for it.

Fyrce
12-03-2010, 03:20 AM
It's probably because we see too many leechers. Who'd I just see join our Captive Audience game? I think he was level 14... got booted, but still...

Playing the game is important in the beginning because that's how you learn what your skills do, what weapons do, which you like better, your role in a group, other classes role in the group, trying out different strategies running an area, running a level, procs, combos, etc etc etc. You don't learn that running after someone for your 50 levels. I don't necessarily mind helping people in the level appropriate dungeons, but I do believe that too much powerleveling makes for weak character. The exception is the people who already know how to play the game and want an alt at a specific level or place, etc. It's pretty easy to tell those ones: they know how to help and not just toddle after you.

Also, after leveling one character and exploring all the dungeons, you won't have to ask where the best places are to level, because you will know by then.

Uctiger62
12-03-2010, 03:22 AM
I've been playing for a week. I dont know who an oldie is. I was just repeating what range said.

You miss my point...and the point of the original post.

In every other mmorpg in the free world, power leveling(plvl) means to get run through dungeons much higher than your lvl range by end gamers or high lvl's. If plvl means something else in this game, for whatever reason...then I apologize.

But since I don't think it does, it should be pointed out that nowhere in the OP does it say anything about trying to get plvl'd...or the best way for it. The threads title actually says 'grinding' which...everyone knows what that means. Grinding =\=Plvl.

Gaboob insinuates that the OP was about the best way to get plvl'd, and you carried right on in that topic. The OP was just tryin to get some help. Nothing about plvl...nothing about trying to coast off other peoples work...nothing about getting 50 and good gear w/o putting the time and effort in.

Ellyidol
12-03-2010, 03:29 AM
There isn't much grinding in the game yet IMO. You can get a few levels done in a few hours even at end-game.

Though I suggest using DanielRH's PL guide on where to level. Individual maps should be easier to identify on which gives the most exp/run.

TBH, there's no difference between where to level up for each class. All need/do go through the same maps anyway.
Use elixir pots only when you feel the group actually makes most out of it, and if the mobs in the maps make it worthwhile. IE a 100 mob map is better to elixir pot in than a 10 mob one.

Fyrce
12-03-2010, 03:29 AM
The only level(s) you might have to grind is 50 and maybe to 49. All the rest, if you just play you will level. I was surprised on my 1st character just how fast leveling was. I'm used to games that take quite a long time to get to high levels. PL is not one of those.

LOL, Elly beat me to it :P

I got to 48 just playing Ao3 through, opening levels. No farming or anything like that. I would not even classify 49 as hard to get to. I even got a 2nd character to 47 while working on my 1st play through Ao3.

Uctiger62
12-03-2010, 03:35 AM
What lvl do you think is good for AO3? I've lvl'd up since 40 in ao2. I'm trying not to be the little leech that everyone seems to hate.

Ellyidol
12-03-2010, 03:42 AM
What lvl do you think is good for AO3? I've lvl'd up since 40 in ao2. I'm trying not to be the little leech that everyone seems to hate.

After you finish the campaign, to exp grind is best in map 2 - Keeper map.

lce
12-03-2010, 05:14 PM
Well this took me 2 days to level from 1-50

Hidden Passage 4 1-20
Crush Keeper - 20-50

ALWAYS EXP POT THE 1,500 ONE

Kanij
12-04-2010, 07:41 PM
Wow. I made this post because I wanted to know the fastest way to level. I'm not getting PL'd though at all.

And of course I see some would be elitist kids on a ****ing cell phone MMORPG talking ****?

I've started playing Mmo's when UO first game out and I'm far more experienced then the **** talkers even if I'm completely new to this game.

Thanks for the proper responses, I'm not looking for hand outs, and I'm definitely not jumping into someones game and ruining it.

My question is answered, the other kids flaming can continue to go farm and become uber in pocket legends.