PDA

View Full Version : New PvP Idea: Fort Knox

Ebezaanec
02-20-2014, 09:19 PM
PvP Idea: Fort Knox

Backstory

Fort Knox (A.K.A. United States Bullion Depository) is a fortified vault that holds roughly 4,578 metric tons of gold bullion. Quite a bit of bling, eh?

Anyways, I had this idea for several days now, but I did not post until I attempted to work a majority of the kinks and problems out.

Objective

The match consists of opposing teams attempting to smash crates/barrels to collect gold and return back to their respective base for depositing. Teams will also be attacking one another to prevent each other from collecting gold. Team with the highest gold amount in their base wins the match.

Rules/Gameplay

Crates/barrels are smashable and drop either varying amounts of gold or nothing
Crates/barrels will constantly respawn back in the designated locations

All players have the ability to collect gold, but there is a gold-carrying capacity. Players will need to regularly return to team base to empty their gold
Collecting gold causes a gold aura to appear around the character. Thicker/brighter gold auras signal higher gold inventory
To deposit ALL of the gold, players must stay within range of their base until the gold aura completely vanishes. Partial depositing will result in a dimmer/fainter gold aura.
If a player is killed, all carried gold will spill onto the floor and is available for pick up by any player

At random intervals, Jarl Gruwald will spawn. He carries a large amount of gold, but will attack any player who comes in range of him. (Stronger than regular Jarl, perhaps Frostir/Grimnr strength?)
Health/mana packs and speed boosts spawn normally like in CTF/TDM

Gold Values/Winning the Match

This is the one of the parts where I would need input.

What should the amounts of gold from the crates/barrels be? Increments of 5? 10?

Also, would it be more beneficial if the match ended with a time limit? Such as 10 minutes per match? Or should the match end with a certain gold cap? Like first team to deposit 1,000 gold or 5,000 gold?

PvP Scoring/LB Issues

We all know that kill-farming has ruined the current CTF/TDM Leaderboards, so I want to find a way to avoid this problem.

The Player Stats for Fort Knox can be represented by a Game WIN/LOSE ratio. Kills won't count in this system, but games won or lost will be recorded.

Still, people can still create toons to exploit the system. My next suggestion would be to implement a system where players would be matched with other players based on the most similar Win/Lose ratio.

For example:

Player A = 5:1
Player B = 4:1
Player C = 3:5
Player D = 4:7

Based on the above information, players A and B would most likely be matched with each other and players C and D would be matched with each other.

I believe this system would discourage "Game-farmers" because the game must be won/lost for it to show up on player stats. If farmers use dummies to falsely win, they will hurt their dummies' ratio and will probably not be matched with them again. They will have to find other ways, since it won't be as easy continuously leveling a new character to L40 just to win "fake games."

Notes/Personal Comments

Thank you fellow forumers for bearing with me on this idea. I have tried my best to address all issues, but if I missed anything or spelled something incorrectly, feel free to notify me. I will edit the idea with tweaks or revamp sections if necessary.

I would love feedback from PvPers and I encourage you to voice your opinion. This is simply a concept idea and I just want to share it with the AL community. :)

*Also, the name of the PvP Mode can be changed, I just wanted to use a point of reference.*

Instanthumor
02-20-2014, 10:15 PM
I'd more than love to have this in the game, however, it seems as if warriors are most beneficial in this PvP grounds, since they can survive the best. A possible solution for this could be that in order to drop your gold off, you must be in a non-fighting stance, which will encourage you to kill the others and use rogues and mages on your team for some damage. What do you think? Overall, this would be pretty cool.

P.S. I would rather have a 1v1 duel arena, just saying :p

Hiosahaf
02-21-2014, 05:46 AM
(+1)^(1/0)

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Zynzyn
02-21-2014, 06:45 AM

+ 100

Saribeau
02-21-2014, 07:52 AM

+ 100

^^^

Ebezaanec
02-21-2014, 08:04 AM
I'd more than love to have this in the game, however, it seems as if warriors are most beneficial in this PvP grounds, since they can survive the best. A possible solution for this could be that in order to drop your gold off, you must be in a non-fighting stance, which will encourage you to kill the others and use rogues and mages on your team for some damage. What do you think? Overall, this would be pretty cool.

That sounds very fair.

The last thing I want for this idea is all-warrior games.

Bless
02-21-2014, 09:46 AM
Sounds like a very promising idea! Like it!

Erdnase
02-21-2014, 03:54 PM
I like it!

Alhuntrazeck
02-23-2014, 05:13 AM
Sounds inkredble, +1

TheMightyFeusalet
02-23-2014, 05:32 AM
i zoul prefer 1 vs 1 first, and that you can play ranked zouldnt that be great?

Aikyorx
02-23-2014, 08:59 AM
Why not have a 1v1 arena ? Its more simple, anyway.

Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk

Ebezaanec
02-23-2014, 09:38 AM
i zoul prefer 1 vs 1 first, and that you can play ranked zouldnt that be great?

Why not have a 1v1 arena ? Its more simple, anyway.

Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk

The topic wasn't about a 1v1 arena. You would be surprised how many people prefer to fight successfully as a team in PvP.

Avaree
02-23-2014, 08:27 PM
Love the idea

Solid
02-23-2014, 09:07 PM
Solid,

Tanks should have a lower inventory for gold.

Crowsfoot
02-23-2014, 10:31 PM
This is a more complicated capture the flag with a month's worth of coding.

A win loss based game in which you kill randomly spawning mobs (jarls perhaps) from breaking barrels and kills against other players don't count would be more original, IMO.

Gensin
02-24-2014, 09:43 AM
marvelous! another nice idea to spice our pvp. +1

Pandorix
02-24-2014, 10:06 AM
I like this idea and i would like to see it in game.

Sent from Vox TV via...wait,what?

Giuewek
02-24-2014, 10:40 AM
Yes +1!

Sent from my HTC Desire C using Tapatalk