PDA

View Full Version : [Feedback]New Mythic Pet Scorch!

Hoardseeker
02-21-2014, 09:05 AM
Hello Insiders! Keep an eye out for the official announcement tomorrow, but you folks get the very first look at the new Mythic Dragon Whelp, Scorch!

Keep Scorch happy and you'll receive 15% Movement Speed, 12% Crit, +20 Primary Stat, 160 Mana and 8 Mana regen. The kind of power only a dragon ally can provide.

The new mythic pet looks it has some low stats when compared to Haze&Talon the only positive stats is 12%crit....160mana&8mana regen dosen't worth for the new mythic pet....

For Mages,
15%movement(good),12%crit(LoL),+20int(Damage buff would be better I don't want still more mana),160mana(*Sigh* I got 5.5K mana. I can't even cast one of my skills with 160mana)8mana regen(Not Better maybe I would use Haze for it)

Lol u pot in elites. Why would u rely on health regen and mana regen when u can just pot 3 times? I'll rather change the mana regen and mana to 8-10% dmg and +10 str or int?

My opinion? I'll rather get haze or talon or slag. This pet ain't worth the money...........

Kind of crappy for mage tho, I sense is gonna be cheaper than grimm was once. 700( or such) anyway hardly I'm gonna spend on 160 and 8mana regen stats
if you look for 160mana and 8regen pick Haze...

160 mana is useless, they should better do 10 int or something but the 8+ mana regen and speed make it beastly if youre flagging on bracket 6-8

Spoke with many and they all agree slag is better. No health and it has the lowest stats out of them all. Mana Regen is useless at end game and 160 Mana is worse. AA needs to buff, burn, and stun before I'd get this one. I don't like the colors either.

Spoke with many users and seems this is just rogue pet and really not end game pet.. Slag or Haze better. Dissapointed =( can i refund this pet to plat sts?

Mixing Up All Results....Examining...Compiling.....Checking Results....Confirmation....Results:

Using it now. What makes this pet fun is the Arcane ability but the shield seems to depend on the damage absorbed so it is not a reliable solid 10 seconds in a fight, it can be 1 sec, or 2 secs or 3 sec, depending on who you are facing. Crit is usable by all classes. Speed will be fun for all classes. I love the mana, and mana regen - for me, the nicest things about this pet (warriors with vengeblood mana buff and mages will disagree and its understandable why.)

The shield damage reduction scales up according to level. If the dmg reduction at lv 36 is 1550 (as told by Remiem) I guess the amount of dmg reduction at twink levels is pretty low and keeping in mind that an opponent lvl -15-16 rogue can crit 1k pretty easy, I cannot judge this AA's effectiveness at twink levels. Twinks can comment better on this by judgning the effectiveness of the shield in pvp.

The passive ability does not suit a Mythic pet. I dont like its passive attack which is as bad as some basic pets. (Not talking about how much damage the attack does but what it does to the enemy. )

After using it, I have mixed feelings about this pet. As it is now, Scorch looks like a 'fun pet', wonderful for introducing new gameplay. But it needs a little buff to make it well-rounded.

It needs to be as good as a slag and needs to be better than Legendary pets , but people are still liking Slag, Talon, Haze over this. It would be a better Mythic pet if -

1. If devs added a dmg % buff to the happiness bonus (not by replacing any existing trait but by adding to the current ones) .

And,

2. If the current passive ability (which a lot of people dont like) was totally replaced with a ranged attack like Haze's ( a dragon should definitely spit fire :) ) or stun like Prance's.

Bless
02-21-2014, 09:07 AM
Cant jump to conclusions just yet. The arcane and passive ability may actually be good.

Hoardseeker
02-21-2014, 09:10 AM
Cant jump to conclusions just yet. The arcane and passive ability may actually be good.
Yeah but what arcane/passive ability you expect?

Ebezaanec
02-21-2014, 09:11 AM
Yeah but what arcane/passive ability you expect?

Something along the lines of "scorching"

Roberto077
02-21-2014, 09:13 AM
Seriously, why is there an insiders section? The only stuff there is about AL and it's always leaked to the general discussion anyways.

Sheener
02-21-2014, 09:17 AM
I will buy it

Bless
02-21-2014, 09:29 AM
Seriously, why is there an insiders section? The only stuff there is about AL and it's always leaked to the general discussion anyways. exactly

Hoardseeker
02-21-2014, 09:46 AM
Scorch is the Worse mythic pet

Kakatoa91
02-21-2014, 09:57 AM
No its blueee...

Boring stat...

Have to wait for abilities before i can make final decision to waste platinum or not.

keikali
02-21-2014, 09:58 AM
Scorch is more of a Rogue pet. Definitely not that useful for a Mage. I could be wrong until I see the Passive and Arcane Abilities.

15% Speed (good for time recs, aka Whim's speed), 12% Crit (amazing!), +20 Primary Stat (Preferred if it was ALL stats), 160 Mana & 8 Mana Regen (LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL, hold on, LOLOLOLOLOL)

Hoardseeker
02-21-2014, 10:16 AM
Scorch is more of a Rogue pet. Definitely not that useful for a Mage. I could be wrong until I see the Passive and Arcane Abilities.

15% Speed (good for time recs, aka Whim's speed), 12% Crit (amazing!), +20 Primary Stat (Preferred if it was ALL stats), 160 Mana & 8 Mana Regen (LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL, hold on, LOLOLOLOLOL)
+20primary is not ALL stats if you're mage 20primary=20int rogue=20dex war=20STR

keikali
02-21-2014, 10:21 AM
+20primary is not ALL stats if you're mage 20primary=20int rogue=20dex war=20STR

I know. Please re-read my sentence. I said I preferred if it was ALL stats. I understand how mechanics work in this. Thanks.

Anarchist
02-21-2014, 10:24 AM
I think the AA will be a stat booster just like Singe's.
If its a good stats booster and it has the same fast cooldown my plats are going for it.

Edit: Completely missed but i still like scorch :D

Frekken
02-21-2014, 10:54 AM
Kind of crappy for mage tho, I sense is gonna be cheaper than grimm was once. 700( or such) anyway hardly I'm gonna spend on 160 and 8mana regen stats

Hoardseeker
02-21-2014, 12:09 PM
if you look for 160mana and 8regen pick Haze...

Konviict
02-21-2014, 12:14 PM
160 mana is useless, they should better do 10 int or something but the 8+ mana regen and speed make it beastly if youre flagging on bracket 6-8

Madnex
02-21-2014, 12:33 PM
How about this?

There has been no specific announcement about a new arcane weapon for rogues (which would be an arcane bow). Only a generic arcane item release confirmation.

What if there is no arcane bow but instead an arcane amulet or ring? Then this pet could be viewed as a good way to compensate rogues.

Morholt
02-21-2014, 12:47 PM
Posted my feedback in that thread: Haze is superior in so many ways. Scorch is going to need Slag's AA as his passive. lol

This is not a mythic pet.

Kakashis
02-21-2014, 01:09 PM
Spoke with many and they all agree slag is better. No health and it has the lowest stats out of them all. Mana Regen is useless at end game and 160 Mana is worse. AA needs to buff, burn, and stun before I'd get this one. I don't like the colors either.

VanRah
02-21-2014, 01:47 PM
I like it very much!!! Especially his shield!!! It applies to all the allies, so cool!
Ty devs n desaigner!!!
Just a curiosity about his animation: how can this T-Rex-like pet scratch his head? XD With those tiny arms he certainly couldn't reach up to scratch it. Nor his lower limbs could have such a mobility to allow him to do it...
So what might this pet actually do?
He could rub his nose against a tree, or maybe even drag his nose across the ground...
Do u guys have any idea? :D

Hercules
02-21-2014, 02:48 PM
Lool and other post more

Imobster
02-21-2014, 03:00 PM
it has good stats for mage or rogue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wutzgood
02-21-2014, 03:01 PM
I like him. The 12% crit boost is insane and the shield arcane ability should be very useful once leveled up.

Hoardseeker
02-21-2014, 09:39 PM
it has good stats for mage or rogue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For mage?

Zylx
02-21-2014, 11:44 PM
As far as i can tell from personal experience, scorch is a pretty good mythic pet for low level rogue twinks. The crit increase and mana regeneration is superb and the speed boost allows for you to be able to chase runners. He's great for my lvl 5. If there was 1 thing that i would like modified, is the +20 primary stat to be changed to +20 all stats (like keikali just stated).

bloodpack004
02-22-2014, 01:03 AM
is he any good for a lvl 36 worrier or should i stick with abaddon? (I'm mainly forcus on PVE and elites)

nikolajus112
02-22-2014, 03:01 AM
Like ww disscused at guild chat: its pretty good for elite speeds runs.. At lvl 36 arcane shield increase and take a lot dmg off, so u do not need use much pots, crit bost is awesome too! And mana at elites ruly usseful :3 anyways thats just my opinion...

Sent from my ST23i using Tapatalk

nelson131
02-22-2014, 03:06 AM
Lol u pot in elites. Why would u rely on health regen and mana regen when u can just pot 3 times? I'll rather change the mana regen and mana to 8-10% dmg and +10 str or int?

My opinion? I'll rather get haze or talon or slag. This pet ain't worth the money...........

Toy
02-22-2014, 03:53 AM
I love it as a rogue. Not sure about mage or warrior. Shield works nicely even in low levels

Hoardseeker
02-22-2014, 04:34 AM

Yeah! It dosen't even has Damage Boost

Hiosahaf
02-22-2014, 05:11 AM
Yeah! It dosen't even has Damage Boost

Have*. Sorry hoard bhai.. just..couldn't...resist..it

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

epicrrr
02-22-2014, 05:23 AM
Its a good pet! what makes the pet system is their variety.

Cero
02-22-2014, 05:42 AM
Its a good pet! what makes the pet system is their variety.

Its beast for twink pvp.

"Who needs HoR!!! I can tank!!!" rogue

"I dont get it... smh, give some love!!! HoR anyone? Sorc, yoy're free to leave..PLS!" warrior.

"Oh, 9life+1 beat that. I dont need your HoR do it on the corner." Sorc.

Toy
02-22-2014, 05:45 AM
Yup i agree. Scorch is a beast for twink pvp.

Zynzyn
02-22-2014, 05:50 AM
Using it now. What makes this pet fun is the Arcane ability but the shield seems to depend on the damage absorbed so it is not a reliable solid 10 seconds in a fight, it can be 1 sec, or 2 secs or 3 sec, depending on who you are facing. Crit is usable by all classes. Speed will be fun for all classes. I love the mana, and mana regen - for me, the nicest things about this pet (warriors with vengeblood mana buff and mages will disagree and its understandable why.)

The shield damage reduction scales up according to level. If the dmg reduction at lv 36 is 1550 (as told by Remiem) I guess the amount of dmg reduction at twink levels is pretty low and keeping in mind that an opponent lvl -15-16 rogue can crit 1k pretty easy, I cannot judge this AA's effectiveness at twink levels. Twinks can comment better on this by judgning the effectiveness of the shield in pvp.

The passive ability does not suit a Mythic pet. I dont like its passive attack which is as bad as some basic pets. (Not talking about how much damage the attack does but what it does to the enemy. )

After using it, I have mixed feelings about this pet. As it is now, Scorch looks like a 'fun pet', wonderful for introducing new gameplay. But it needs a little buff to make it well-rounded.

It needs to be as good as a slag and needs to be better than Legendary pets , but people are still liking Slag, Talon, Haze over this. It would be a better Mythic pet if -

1. If devs added a dmg % buff to the happiness bonus (not by replacing any existing trait but by adding to the current ones) .

And,

2. If the current passive ability (which a lot of people dont like) was totally replaced with a ranged attack like Haze's ( a dragon should definitely spit fire :) ) or stun like Prance's.

n19one
02-22-2014, 06:13 AM
Spoke with many users and seems this is just rogue pet and really not end game pet.. Slag or Haze better. Dissapointed =( can i refund this pet to plat sts?

uunknownn
02-22-2014, 06:44 AM
mehhhhhh +20 to all stat??too over power...zzzz

uunknownn
02-22-2014, 06:45 AM
this pet has its own cons and pros..its not nescesarilly for pvp:)

Hoardseeker
02-22-2014, 07:30 AM
mehhhhhh +20 to all stat??too over power...zzzz
not to all stats...only +20 to the class they belong for ie: mage-int rogue-dex war-str

Anarchist
02-22-2014, 07:43 AM
As far as i can tell from personal experience, scorch is a pretty good mythic pet for low level rogue twinks. The crit increase and mana regeneration is superb and the speed boost allows for you to be able to chase runners. He's great for my lvl 5. If there was 1 thing that i would like modified, is the +20 primary stat to be changed to +20 all stats (like keikali just stated).

+20 to all stats paired with the sheild is arcane level, not to talk of the crit and speed.

No go.

baddiva
02-22-2014, 08:09 AM
It's good for mage... His shield fills the gap between mage's shield... In pvp you can just stacks your shield to get max protection for 10 sec... Dont forget to cast mage's shield first

Hoardseeker
02-22-2014, 08:53 AM
It's good for mage... His shield fills the gap between mage's shield... In pvp you can just stacks your shield to get max protection for 10 sec... Dont forget to cast mage's shield first
useless in elite a mini-gunner does 800dmg in Elite grog beach and Shield is the Only use able for mages and the stats are the Worst for mages.

utpal
02-22-2014, 09:36 AM
shield seems good to me as a war. it last longer then mages
but the mana regen nd 160mp is very disappointing looking to 250plat. its good for twinking by again AA scks at twink level. so it neither good in twink (due to its AA) nor in endgame (due to its 8regen and 160mp)

Sheener
02-22-2014, 10:08 AM

If u changed to +20 all stats it would be without a doubt the best pet in game

Hoardseeker
02-22-2014, 11:00 AM

If u changed to +20 all stats it would be without a doubt the best pet in game
+20int/dex/str?, why not change it to 12%dmg?