PDA

View Full Version : Scorch users' review

Xstealthxx
02-21-2014, 01:59 PM
Post your reviews here..
This would help a lot of players who are interested..

Thank you on behalf of all interested players who are having second thoughts on purchasing it.. :)

Runescape
02-21-2014, 02:22 PM
Not worth it

Envoyé de mon iPod touch à l'aide de Tapatalk

Hercules
02-21-2014, 02:43 PM
my opinion "-----" I have no scorch egg

Xstealthxx
02-22-2014, 02:16 PM
Yep lets wait nd see..

Konviict
02-22-2014, 02:30 PM
I havwnt tried it cos i have no plat but i knowone thing, do u even realise how much8+ mana regen is for a rog l8? You wont run out fast of mana and the 12% crit? Its beast imo for a low lvl twink, dont forget the speed lol, good for flagging also!

epicrrr
02-22-2014, 02:41 PM
Goood Pet - thoughts on level 11/10

Rogue - crit and mana/regen on the same pet! what what? yep as long as you survive the first 2-3 combo you have a higher chance of winning on 1v1(rog vs rog), and chasing down noob wont cause too much problem cuz of mana regen. You sacrifice health if you use this pet but who cares we kill fast and deadly :)

Warrior - speed and mana regen, only thing a warrior lvl 10/11 needs.

Mage - you get a secondary shield, and + crit bonus esp if you use curse/lightning, really handy.

ability: I would say its a must for guild wars/ clashes/ group fights good support pet.

Anarchist
02-22-2014, 02:42 PM
Speed is useful in 1Vs1 pvp if your fighting style is the dynamic type. It is also good for running from gangers or chasing noobs.

From personal experience those that master movement (hit n evade) 1vs1 are very hard to beat.

For example i use to kill my bro without any prob in 1vs1 then couple of days ago he changed is fighting style moving a lot and now i have a hard time defeating him. If he adds speed to his build i might even loose.

Kakashis
02-22-2014, 05:58 PM
I'm still leveling mine, and so far I like it on my rogue. The shield I can see will come in very handy in elite if your pots can't heal you fast enough. The animations looks pretty sweet for the shield, but wish it was blue! I sometimes don't have time and do Brackenridge or km3 for quick luck lix runs and the 15 speed beats haze. I'm still leveling mine, but shield wise with 1550hp it's instant survivability and I'll enjoy using it. I'll have mine ready by expansion! I can see this bet being in my top 3 for rotation.

I'm still exploring whether I should buy it for my level 8. Those that have him say how great the mana is if you sacrifice hp. It gives glacian a run for his money. Those that aren't sure should try playing with flap jack first. You'll get a sense of what the mana Regen is like and whether it's for you.

One important point to note is that the shield doesn't instantly turn on. There's a minor delay similar to warriors charged heal. You have to sort of preanticipate when you need it. Unlike slag/Sam panic which is instant, Scorch needs a little bit of practice and timing! The range is super wide and puts glacians ice armor proc to shame!

chiloto
02-25-2014, 10:46 AM
Been doing some testing with scorch in the arena. I really like him there and at elite bosses. I have noticed a decrease in damage taken when shield is on and when shield is off. For example hits that normally take me down approximately 50% only take me down 35-40% ish. I run 3400 hp with him in arena approximate. Arena bosses can hit pretty hard and scorch shield has saved my bacon form one hits a few times already. Mana regen is negligible. I still pot like crazy in elite maps where I use him. The speed keeps me alive and makes me a harder target to hit. When I get in trouble that extra hit that I can take with the shield up comes in handy. I wouldn't say that scorch is for everyone but he fits my play style and rotation of pets that have speed and either crit or dmg. As a rogue I like him. I have no experience with him on a sorc or warrior.

Hectororius
02-25-2014, 10:52 AM
selling slightly used Scorch.

sigh

inkredible
02-25-2014, 09:11 PM
stat wise i think its decent for warrior, it maybe good for tankin purposes, i havent gotten it yet, but ill test it once i have and i will let uknow

CanceriaN
02-25-2014, 10:18 PM
Good for my rogue and warrior in my observation. I ran elite dead city lost mine with my friends (FYI, all 3 are warriors :3) to loot some eggs the other day and its arcane shield suits for team support. It keeps me alive when chased by spawning mobs and give more time for my friends to aggro all the damages lol. Pretty decent with warrior but not so sure though if it stacks with there heal horn (forgive me idk what its called lol).

ShannKey
02-26-2014, 09:38 PM
I've been going back and forth on whether to get Scorch the past few days. It was either Scorch and Abaddon, limited options. I bought Scorch today and I"m really liking him on my warrior so far. The shield works well with Horn and I'm saving on pots just a little. I got most of my plat to hopefully get Singe but it wasn't looking so good so I went with the next best thing. I do wish Scorch did a lil more, maybe a small damage increase when shield is on or stun but overall I'm satisfied. I still might get Abaddon before he's gone to help with expansion leveling. But if you like the way he looks and the stats go ahead. Have fun! Thats what AL is for, so enjoy

Jack O Reaper
03-05-2014, 08:24 AM
Goood Pet - thoughts on level 11/10

Rogue - crit and mana/regen on the same pet! what what? yep as long as you survive the first 2-3 combo you have a higher chance of winning on 1v1(rog vs rog), and chasing down noob wont cause too much problem cuz of mana regen. You sacrifice health if you use this pet but who cares we kill fast and deadly :)

Warrior - speed and mana regen, only thing a warrior lvl 10/11 needs.

Mage - you get a secondary shield, and + crit bonus esp if you use curse/lightning, really handy.

ability: I would say its a must for guild wars/ clashes/ group fights good support pet.

Good point for rogue.

Grulimar
03-06-2014, 01:23 PM
I bought Scorch for both a rogue and a mage. The speed increase is nice, and I'm unaware of anything else that grants 12% crit, which is really nice. To me, the purchase is worthwhile if you think the "shield" is beneficial. As most know, it's not a true shield -- its reduces a fair amount of damage received, up to the threshhold for its level. (IMO, STS needs to either make it a real shield or change the wording -- its VERY misleading to call it shield.) That being said, I took a level 33 mage with a level 1 Scorch and easily soloed the first Shuyal level. You can walk into a large mob, trigger the shield, and now have a couple seconds before you get drilled. It's definitely a life-saver. I can easily see this as valuable in elites and boss fights. For particularly squishy characters, this could very well save your life against 1-hit kill opponents. All in all, I think it's worthwhile, but would also rank it lower than Slag/Grimm/Abaddon.

Tendirin
04-07-2014, 02:52 PM
its not ranked lower its a good pvp pet trust me i have killed mythics with no armor on while using scorch it just depends on your shields timing

Serancha
04-07-2014, 03:03 PM
Only if they were typing or AFK - that has nothing to do with what pet you used.

Scorch's shield is completely useless at end game. It might save you 3 pots over the course of an elite run? Really? Hopefully it will be fixed so we get the pet we paid good money for. What good is a mythic pet that is useless for anyone over level 10? None.