PDA

View Full Version : Developing Story: Arcane Shards Discovered in Mount Rockhorn!

Pages : [1] 2

Remiem
02-21-2014, 04:50 PM
Arcane Crafting Coming to Arlor

As the heroes of Arlor grow in strength, so grows the Arcane Power flowing throw the Ether. Advance scouts from the isles of Tindirin report the discovery of a most curious anomaly. Tiny crystal shards radiating with Arcane energy!

There is still much to discover about these Arcane Shards, but it seems that when combined with certain essences, they can be transformed into powerful Arcane items!

---------------------------

Creating compelling and exciting new items is one of the many objectives the Development Team has. We are evolving the next Arcane Item (a ring) that will be found in the coming Dragon Enclave expansion to use the Crafting system in its creation.

Tradeable Arcane Shards will be found very rarely from Locked Grand Crates of the Watch.

The recipe for the new Arcane Item will be available for those who collect Dragons Teeth, a currency that is most valuable to the inhabitants of Tandirin. Dragons Teeth are only dropped by fearsome Elite Bosses.

The exciting part of using Crafting for this is the possibilities for the future. While we will only use Crafting for this initial new Arcane Ring, it may extend to old Arcane Items and additional new ones.

We will continue our research and update you as we learn more!

Xenobiotic
02-22-2014, 05:32 PM
first and nice

Edit: darn u powerfulwitch

Ebezaanec
02-22-2014, 05:33 PM
Yay! More fun stuff!

Keep the film reel running!

elmanco
02-22-2014, 05:36 PM
:adoration: cool cool cool

Imjebus
02-22-2014, 05:37 PM
This makes me want to make an end game.

DocDoBig
Arcane Ring neat!

Hercules
OMG YEAH :) for now i can say i have some arcano hahah

Hectororius
02-22-2014, 05:39 PM
woah!

Ixyris
02-22-2014, 05:40 PM
Tell me if I'm wrong :
We need arcane shards found in locked crates to craft the arcane ring.
And we need dragon teeth for...? :confused:

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 con Tapatalk 2

Kakashis
02-22-2014, 05:43 PM
OMG! I shall be the Lord of the ring! Awesome!

Deadprezz
02-22-2014, 05:46 PM
cool stuff :D

Solid
02-22-2014, 05:53 PM
Additional as in this season? Or?

Argyros
02-22-2014, 05:55 PM
Waow that's epic

twoxc
02-22-2014, 05:58 PM
Please confirm, Does creating Arcane item (ring) require just shards and essence? or do we need a base item such as a RING to infuse shards/essence to upgrade it to Arcane item?

Sariita
02-22-2014, 05:59 PM
Nice!

Instanthumor
Does the arcane ring drop from locked crates or elite golden boxes/chest of the expansion?

keikali
Tell me if I'm wrong :
We need arcane shards found in locked crates to craft the arcane ring.
And we need dragon teeth for...? :confused:

Dragon teeth is what is needed to REDEEM the receipt to make the Arcane Ring from the shards. Even if you loot the shards which probably need a couple, you're still going to need the recipe which is obtainable only from turning in Dragon Teeth which drops from Elite bosses.

Argyros
02-22-2014, 06:01 PM
Dragon teeth is what is needed to REDEEM the receipt to make the Arcane Ring from the shards. Even if you loot the shards which probably need a couple, you're still going to need the recipe which is obtainable only from turning in Dragon Teeth which drops from Elite bosses.

He he solid. I would enjoy playing al pve as a sorc but I just don't know where to start. ><

twoxc
02-22-2014, 06:03 PM
basically, you need Teeth to make Recipe, then you need Shards/Essence to use the Recipe to make Arcane ring.

Bless
02-22-2014, 06:13 PM
Add shard as elite loot?

Solid
02-22-2014, 06:13 PM
Sigh.. No arcane bow...

Not solid.

Also is this the itemizations factor, ring will be released- than later on a weapon ?

Bless
02-22-2014, 06:16 PM
Sigh.. No arcane bow...

Not solid. Dude...Mythic ring was sickkk back in s4 and even now. The arcane ring will be just like the mythic ring but with buffed stats! I imagine 50 dex, int, str 6.5dmg

SOLIDDDDDD!!!!!

Nagin
02-22-2014, 06:22 PM
Looks like we will need 2-3 arcane shards to make that arcane ring

Lel gf free users :)

Bless
02-22-2014, 06:26 PM

Lel gf free users :) arcane shards won't be 15m each or some insane price I predict. 2-3m more like it?

Og kush
02-22-2014, 06:31 PM
I can deal with that

zilicious
02-22-2014, 06:34 PM
Are this arcane shard just only for craft ring? Or can be use for other item too?

Derezzzed
02-22-2014, 06:38 PM
Will this arcane ring have some sort of proc or special effect? (It is arcane afterall) like for example maybe a chance to stun when hit? (Sorta like the warriors Mythic sword proc)

KingMartin
02-22-2014, 06:47 PM
I hope the Dragon teeth will be tradeable too - thus making elite farming more attractive. Otherwise it's just a way to make the rich (read: addicted crate poppers) even richer.

keikali
02-22-2014, 06:48 PM
Sigh.. No arcane bow...

Not solid.

Also is this the itemizations factor, ring will be released- than later on a weapon ?

Most likely. Think about it. They might release later on the new level 41 mythics along with the arcane bow or vice versa.

I guess that is Solid.

Romeomustkill
02-22-2014, 06:51 PM
Super cool :-)

Ixyris
02-22-2014, 06:55 PM
Have these shards the same % of an arcane item to be found in locked crates? Or a mythic %?

Zapix
02-22-2014, 07:02 PM
This sounds great!!!

musasun
02-22-2014, 07:33 PM
Will this grant the arcane banner/ap for the players that are missing it?

Subhanallah... <---- Pronounce this word. You're welcome.

Kjalisi
02-22-2014, 08:13 PM
Add shard as elite loot?

This :D

Even if just from the final boss as a super rare drop...

shanelletham
02-22-2014, 08:24 PM
how to write a thread about arcane legends? please tell me i have a lot of thing i want to say

shanelletham
02-22-2014, 08:31 PM
i think its unfair because there are very few people that can go to elite including myself i am lvl 33

Xeusx
02-22-2014, 09:00 PM
O.0 OMG, hope the arcane shards cheap, if not, then this one are seriously hard to get..

Jenvy
02-22-2014, 09:11 PM
How about making shards drop from elite 41 bosses with the same chance as like... archons.

Would finally make elite farming worthwhile.

Hoardseeker
02-22-2014, 10:07 PM
Arcane shards XD when I loot it "Red letter Day!"

Erdnase
02-22-2014, 10:25 PM
The precious! Thanks for another peek at what's to come.

Kakashis
02-22-2014, 11:07 PM
The precious! Thanks for another peek at what's to come.

My precious!

papu
02-22-2014, 11:31 PM
well, this news even encourage me now to start farm locked again :D

Sceazikua
02-22-2014, 11:36 PM
I hope the shard is not 20m or more. And the teeth should be tradeable because the rich people dont want to grind hundreds of elites for a quest (see how they disagree with cracking barrels), so it makes some profit for us the elite farmers who dont have shards to craft but have a lot of teeth's!

Xpell
02-22-2014, 11:40 PM

As the heroes of Arlor grow in strength, so grows the Arcane Power flowing throw the Ether. Advance scouts from the isles of Tindirin report the discovery of a most curious anomaly. Tiny crystal shards radiating with Arcane energy!

There is still much to discover about these Arcane Shards, but it seems that when combined with certain essences, they can be transformed into powerful Arcane items!

Creating compelling and exciting new items is one of the many objectives the Development Team has. We are evolving the next Arcane Item (a ring) that will be found in the coming Dragon Enclave expansion to use the Crafting system in its creation.

Tradeable Arcane Shards will be found very rarely from Locked Grand Crates of the Watch.

The recipe for the new Arcane Item will be available for those who collect Dragons Teeth, a currency that is most valuable to the inhabitants of Tandirin. Dragons Teeth are only dropped by fearsome Elite Bosses.

The exciting part of using Crafting for this is the possibilities for the future. While we will only use Crafting for this initial new Arcane Ring, it may extend to old Arcane Items and additional new ones.

I think you meant to spell through? lol

Anyways how rare are the dragon teeth? Also when u said, "fearsome elite bosses" does that mean that it doesn't only drop from the enclave elite places but also other elite spots too like shuyal? I actually like this idea of how you can get an arcane ring. The plat spenders can loot the shards from the lock grand crates, but they will still have to farm for the dragons teeth to be able to craft it. I hope more arcane items are like this as then no one can just sit around anymore and pop open crates until they loot something good.

Queen's suggestion is good also as at least the people who spend the majority of their time in elites should be able to get a little cash out of this and would help someone get rid of the extras that they have once they have finished obtaining the recipe to be able to craft the arcane ring or they can just sell it if they feel that they wouldn't be able to afford the shards.

Still hoping for the exciting quests similar to the ones back in season 1.

Xpell
02-22-2014, 11:47 PM
I hope the shard is not 20m or more. And the teeth should be tradeable because the rich people dont want to grind hundreds of elites for a quest (see how they disagree with cracking barrels), so it makes some profit for us the elite farmers who dont have shards to craft but have a lot of teeth's!

Im not sure if it would reach all the way up to 20mil, maybe but Im not so sure people would want a new arcane ring more than they would want a new arcane wep. If the arcane shards were to be as hard to find as the arcane weapons then it might because the arcane staff was still around 50mil halfway through the season and 20mil is only 40% of the price so it might be reasonable. It will all just depend on how much the buyers are willing to pay.

Crowsfoot
02-23-2014, 12:06 AM
About time you made Elite required for the best gear. I was getting tired of everyone with a think wallet getting the best gear while elite farmers scrape by while counting pennies.

Dr.deaths
02-23-2014, 12:27 AM
awesome

Limsi
02-23-2014, 12:42 AM

Red alert red aler red alert

rockllee
02-23-2014, 12:55 AM
Ohh 😋😋😋

Sent from my RM-846_lta_brazil_200 using Tapatalk

Madnex
02-23-2014, 01:03 AM

The way I see it:

1. Making these shards platinum-only would severely limit the number of audience they want to get impressions from by implementing this new system. As said, it's not going to be used solely for arcane rarity items so it'd make more sense to note the opinions of the average future users.

2. I like how the name is specified because it hints that there's a possibility that these shards can be obtained through other means as well. So looting one by means other than opening locked chests would result in bound arcane shards.

3. I don't like the "will be found very rarely" part. I believe in past arcane item releases it was plainly "will rarely drop". Not very!

4. Dragons Teeth will be a new type of story tokens/hauntlet coins. Non tradable. It's very likely that other items/armor/pets will be accessible with it as well.

jassisor
02-23-2014, 01:10 AM
Cool

Anarchist
02-23-2014, 01:45 AM
That is what i am talking about baby.

Bring it on!

:banana: :banana:

Castellann
02-23-2014, 02:12 AM
Great!

Instanthumor
02-23-2014, 02:47 AM
Sigh.. No arcane bow...

Not solid.

I don't think there's going to be an arcane weapon this upcoming season. They stated that the ring would be THE arcane item for the season, so I'm not too sure about an arcane bow :p

TheMightyFeusalet
02-23-2014, 03:08 AM
great, but the poor people will become poorer :(

Xeusx
02-23-2014, 03:29 AM
Then the pvp become more hard and deadly, like a hell :O

Nagin
02-23-2014, 05:22 AM
arcane shards won't be 15m each or some insane price I predict. 2-3m more like it?

Actually arcane ring will be 75-100m easily since all classes can use it and it will obviously give a sick boost as compared to shayul ring..

Since its not bound to a specific class and can be traded ( unlike pets)… its price will be ALOT...
If a staff ( bound to mages only) can sell for 60m when released few months ago, dont expect arcane ring to be lesser than 75-100m..

About arcane shards, suppose we craft ring from 2-3 arcane shards.. The price of arcane shards will be 25-40m atleast also keeping in mind arcane shards are arcane items and their drop rates is <0.1%

jeocapat
02-23-2014, 05:40 AM
Wonder how it'll look like :3

ElfDreamer
02-23-2014, 05:44 AM
Amazing!!

sciucafez
02-23-2014, 06:15 AM
Woooow cool

Sibayjing
02-23-2014, 06:26 AM

Hi everyone,

We do not currently have plans to create a means for existing Mythic or Arcane items to be upgraded in the Dragon Enclave expansion.

Samhayne
Legends Producer

Who to believe?

Pandorix
02-23-2014, 06:32 AM
Just new way to make u put ur money in their pockets with buyin plats...

Sent from Vox TV via...wait,what?

Limsi
02-23-2014, 06:40 AM
Who to believe?

Both of them are correct, Samhayne stated there are no plans during the Dragon Clave expansion, but come to think of it; after the expansion maybe that's the time for the old arcanes to use the new upgrading (shards) system

QistineAL
02-23-2014, 07:41 AM
Cant wait..

sazib
02-23-2014, 08:05 AM
Nice :D like the idea :) atleast very much happy with this decision as um a non plat user :) thank you sts :)

Bless
02-23-2014, 08:38 AM
Actually arcane ring will be 75-100m easily since all classes can use it and it will obviously give a sick boost as compared to shayul ring..

Since its not bound to a specific class and can be traded ( unlike pets)… its price will be ALOT...
If a staff ( bound to mages only) can sell for 60m when released few months ago, dont expect arcane ring to be lesser than 75-100m..

About arcane shards, suppose we craft ring from 2-3 arcane shards.. The price of arcane shards will be 25-40m atleast also keeping in mind arcane shards are arcane items and their drop rates is <0.1%

I see where you're going, but arcane shards won't be super rare because you need more than 2 to make the arcane item itself...it's like the demonic items in PL. The steels there are 300k but you need 5 or more to make one piece of demonic and times 5 to make a dagger set.

But idk as nothing is set in stone so we can't conclude yet. And you are right, the item may be 50m at the start but after a month I expect it to be 20m. Why? Because it's a ring. Mythic ring was priced lower than the mythic weapons but this is a blatant guess so we have to wait and see.

Pandorix
02-23-2014, 09:19 AM
Miracle,can ya lend me 100m to buy new ring? :/

Sundar Moorthi
02-23-2014, 09:42 AM

How about the gleipnir (the legendary gleipnir rumored to be the key which unlocks the lost gate) u guys gona use gleipnir to d last gate tht means dragon enclave expansion

Holywish:D
02-23-2014, 11:02 AM
Nice.

venusvirgie
02-23-2014, 11:07 AM
cool :) :devilish:

Kristianch
02-23-2014, 11:35 AM
What do we do with the teeth?

Sent from my EBM8000FP using Tapatalk

Bless
02-23-2014, 02:31 PM
Miracle,can ya lend me 100m to buy new ring? :/

Sent from Vox TV via...wait,what? LOL 100m? I barely have a solid 1.6m

Pandorix
02-23-2014, 03:29 PM
LOL 100m? I barely have a solid 1.6m

Ok,ill give u few mills on credit. 25% per week

Crowsfoot
02-23-2014, 03:38 PM
The way I see it:

1. Making these shards platinum-only would severely limit the number of audience they want to get impressions from by implementing this new system. As said, it's not going to be used solely for arcane rarity items so it'd make more sense to note the opinions of the average future users.

2. I like how the name is specified because it hints that there's a possibility that these shards can be obtained through other means as well. So looting one by means other than opening locked chests would result in bound arcane shards.

3. I don't like the "will be found very rarely" part. I believe in past arcane item releases it was plainly "will rarely drop". Not very!

4. Dragons Teeth will be a new type of story tokens/hauntlet coins. Non tradable. It's very likely that other items/armor/pets will be accessible with it as well.
1) The best items in the game require these shards. I would imagine that they will have an arcane drop rate since
they are arcane.

2) I would love to see a bound arcane shard implemented by means of quest or trading in teeth. Once you craft a shard into an arcane item it should, in theory, be more valuable than the original shard. Therefore, it doesn't hurt non plat players as heavily. Of course paying plat will be faster, but I like to think that it is possible without spending absurd amounts of gold on elite chests or buying plat. With all things, time will tell.

3) I believe this critique is a case of over analyzing.

4) An elite only currency required for the best gear, is a fantastic idea IMO.

Crowsfoot
02-23-2014, 03:40 PM
How about the gleipnir (the legendary gleipnir rumored to be the key which unlocks the lost gate) u guys gona use gleipnir to d last gate tht means dragon enclave expansion
Gliepher was used to reach kelesy in the last expansion via the string hold. Done and over with.

Energizeric
02-23-2014, 03:54 PM
Some thoughts I have about this:

1) I like this idea very much, some similarities with my Shadow Quest (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?114281-New-quot-Shadow-Quest-quot) idea I posted a few months back. It makes the game much more interesting and gives us all a big long-term quest to work on. Remember that arcane items are good for 2-3 seasons, so this should be one of those "long haul" quests, NOT one where tons of players have an arcane ring 2 weeks after the expansion.

2) It would be nice if the Arcane Shards also come in Elite Golden Chests from the new campaign, just as arcane weapons were always available in Elite Golden Chests from the previous campaigns. It gives possibilities to non-plat users, and also encourages farming for elite chests.

3) Remember that this is an arcane item, and as such should be as rare as other arcane items. So yes, the shards should be rare enough so that the price of them stays high enough to make this ring worthy of the arcane name. Arcane items usually cost 30-50m during their first season, and this ring should be no less rare and exclusive than that.

4) From the description, I am assuming that Dragons Teeth will be used to buy the recipe. I think the recipe should be tradable. That way elite farmers can grind the elite dungeons, save up Dragons Teeth, buy recipes, and sell them for profit.

5) Make sure to keep the Dragons Teeth rare enough as well. It will become very boring if Dragons Teeth start dropping like essences do, and then the arcane recipes become worthless as everyone has them, and the only real limiting factor for everyone in crafting the arcane ring becomes the Arcane Shards. The Dragons Teeth should be rare enough so that often times someone with enough Arcane Shards is now out there farming for the Dragons Teeth because they still need the recipe.

Another possibility is to make the Dragons Teeth drop often, but make it necessary to collect a very large number of them to purchase the recipe. Something similar to how the ichor quest in Pocket Legends was. Then it would be more of a grind than luck based, which I think could be a good idea.

THIS PART IS VERY VERY IMPORTANT! Having multiple elements of crafting only stays interesting as long as all of the elements are a challenge. Otherwise the non-challenging elements just contribute to time consuming boring tasks that must be completed, but present little challenge. The previous quest of upgrading the mythic helm & armor had too much of that. I think we would all like this new crafting quest to be more of a challenge and much more fun.

Overall, great idea! Just make sure to fine tune it properly.

Doomreaper
02-23-2014, 04:17 PM

a currency that is most valuable to the inhabitants of Tandirin.

tindirin*

Sheener
02-23-2014, 04:47 PM
Great. This will further separate the rich from the poor

Hectororius
02-23-2014, 05:23 PM
I hope there is the ability to craft the ring to your stat preferences (assuming there's different types of arcane shards). Either making a balanced ring or tailoring it to your class.

Imjebus
02-23-2014, 05:47 PM
Great. This will further separate the rich from the poor

Sounds like it's giving people the option to grind elites for money. So the poor would become middle class or rich with some effort. Just saying :)

Instanthumor
02-23-2014, 06:09 PM
I really do hope that the arcane ring gives an amazing particle effect.

baddiva
02-23-2014, 06:33 PM

Lel gf free users :)

I'm thinking 15 shards would be challenging for an arcane item...

Gorecaster
02-23-2014, 07:30 PM
Awesome

Sdbigdaddy
02-23-2014, 08:55 PM
And when one puts on this ring, he will enjoy a "god-like" effect of being invincible for 25% percent of the time. Or invisible 10% of the time, whichever comes first. It will make the user extra shiny and possibly (if one has the sound turned on) you can distinctly hear "hey you, look at me, I'm a little more special then you" repeated over and over again. Lastly, when fighting pvp, the opponent of the ring wearer feels an annoying shock through his device, as a warning of course.
100million? No, 1 billion is what I'm willing to pay. And that is in real cash, not this platinum nonsense. :)

djironlung
02-23-2014, 10:04 PM
so for those like me who have spent over 44k plat and never looted one arcane your making a virtually impossible item to get. this seems s little off key to me personally since inky those who want to spend tons of money could ever obtain it

prettymikhazuki
02-23-2014, 10:09 PM
exciting! haha

Haowesie
02-23-2014, 10:26 PM

Does this mean that Arcane Shards can ONLY be obtained from locked crates using plat? Because a friend in game is convinced that it is... Please confirm, can it be farmed elsewhere?

Ravager
02-24-2014, 12:47 AM

Does this mean that Arcane Shards can ONLY be obtained from locked crates using plat? Because a friend in game is convinced that it is... Please confirm, can it be farmed elsewhere?

That's what it says so far.

Pandorix
02-24-2014, 12:47 AM
so for those like me who have spent over 44k plat and never looted one arcane your making a virtually impossible item to get. this seems s little off key to me personally since inky those who want to spend tons of money could ever obtain it

U could buy a new car for that money u spent on 44k plats...keep feeding Sts,they r hungry.

Energizeric
02-24-2014, 12:59 AM
U could buy a new car for that money u spent on 44k plats...keep feeding Sts,they r hungry.

Be happy there are people like Iron who keep STS in business and allow them to make a free to play game like this for us all. :)

But yes, there is a reason that Arcane items are so hard to get. If they were easier to get, then everyone would have them and the game would become boring. And then there would be no point in calling them Arcane, but they would instead be mythic or legendary. Remember that the color has more to do with rarity than with the stats. Arcane, by definition, means super super rare.

Magecleff
02-24-2014, 01:40 AM
Wow very nice... So excited!!!

Xstealthxx
02-24-2014, 02:07 AM

haha atleast I only spent half yours, and no arcane items or pet..

Xstealthxx
02-24-2014, 02:20 AM
it will be great i think..

Sundar Moorthi
02-24-2014, 02:48 AM
Awesome Give me more

Laurentsz
02-24-2014, 03:14 AM
everything comes out from locked.. should we end up this game ? we don't have any penny to spend anymore.. speechless

Instanthumor
02-24-2014, 04:21 AM
haha atleast I only spent half yours, and no arcane items or pet..

I got a couple hundred Ethyls, in your face haha xD

Pandorix
02-24-2014, 04:27 AM
Be happy there are people like Iron who keep STS in business and allow them to make a free to play game like this for us all. :)

But yes, there is a reason that Arcane items are so hard to get. If they were easier to get, then everyone would have them and the game would become boring. And then there would be no point in calling them Arcane, but they would instead be mythic or legendary. Remember that the color has more to do with rarity than with the stats. Arcane, by definition, means super super rare.

I should be happy coz of free game and that he like plat user can have any myth/arcane and milions and ill wear pinks till next expansion? This is not personal and i dont hate plat users...i just blame Sts for makin diference betwen plat and non-plat users.

Plats should be only faster way to get items for ppl who have money...myth/arcane stuff should be posible to get with farming even with 0.1% drop but lockeds r still only way for loot..

Sry for bad english.

faychen
02-24-2014, 04:28 AM
We can make fortune by farming teeth and sell to the create openers (I assume that teeth are tradable) We may see shards and arcane ring in CS after several months passed... Be patient 😉

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sceazikua
02-24-2014, 04:56 AM
I should be happy coz of free game and that he like plat user can have any myth/arcane and milions and ill wear pinks till next expansion? This is not personal and i dont hate plat users...i just blame Sts for makin diference betwen plat and non-plat users.

Plats should be only faster way to get items for ppl who have money...myth/arcane stuff should be posible to get with farming even with 0.1% drop but lockeds r still only way for loot..

Sry for bad english.

If you say the difference thingy and then say "plat should be only faster way to get items" then it makes zero sense, like you just bashed your own previous sentence. If you dont have plat, you farm and farm until you got 3m for the mythic armor set. Its not that hard. With plat you can buy stuff and sell for insta gold to have 3m to obtain the mythics. Opening lockeds is only pure luck, you might have imagine the chance to get arcane with little plat. Not all freemium players suck and dont have the mythic armor set.

everything comes out from locked.. should we end up this game ? we don't have any penny to spend anymore.. speechless

*wave bye*
I cant buy plat because of the inconvenience in currency, so should I end up this game because the new things come? How many people will have this ring?

Haligali
02-24-2014, 05:22 AM

same for me :/

Pandorix
02-24-2014, 05:52 AM
If you say the difference thingy and then say "plat should be only faster way to get items" then it makes zero sense, like you just bashed your own previous sentence. If you dont have plat, you farm and farm until you got 3m for the mythic armor set. Its not that hard. With plat you can buy stuff and sell for insta gold to have 3m to obtain the mythics. Opening lockeds is only pure luck, you might have imagine the chance to get arcane with little plat. Not all freemium players suck and dont have the mythic armor set.

*wave bye*
I cant buy plat because of the inconvenience in currency, so should I end up this game because the new things come? How many people will have this ring?

U didnt get my point...farming whole day for some crap item that costs 100-200k (if u r lucky) and make money to buy myth/arcane item for like 3mil - or farming whole day for some chance to loot myth/arcane from some boss...Only plats users can loot myth/arcane from lockeds and we have to farm and buy it from them...would be nice if we could loot it too and make money like them but on way to harder way.

Lovingly
02-24-2014, 06:40 AM
Holy cow...

Zynzyn
02-24-2014, 08:10 AM
sounds fun.:subdued:

Kjalisi
02-24-2014, 08:21 AM
To be honest I don't see how this is any different for non plat users than mythic set was. Last time we were farming gold to buy mythic helm, armor, ring, amulet, bow - thats 5 mythic items costing from 1-5mil (discounting people who bought them right when they first came out ofc) depending on what you bought when.

In this case those of us who don't find the shards in crates will have to farm gold for those. Even if its 5 shards for the ring, with presumably mythic drop rate (maybe the shards will be mythic value? ahh speculation!) that makes pretty much the same job as we've had during the last couple of seasons. Farm enough gold to be able to buy 5 "mythic" items and then craft them into the ring.

Idk I like the idea, though if the shards did happen to drop from the final boss with the same drop rate as mythic from a crate.... I wouldn't complain I'm just sayin ^_^

xcainnblecterx
02-24-2014, 08:41 AM
U didnt get my point...farming whole day for some crap item that costs 100-200k (if u r lucky) and make money to buy myth/arcane item for like 3mil - or farming whole day for some chance to loot myth/arcane from some boss...Only plats users can loot myth/arcane from lockeds and we have to farm and buy it from them...would be nice if we could loot it too and make money like them but on way to harder way.

Ive came up with a solution that let mythics and.arcanes drop while maintaining the price but the number of times i said it out ways the responses. To me this update for shards is just aimed at plat buyer if its only from locked.crates. Sure elite.farmers can now.farm teeth and possibly sell the recipes but lets face it as it is, if mythics are still better then next seasons pinks who want to run with the poor legendary people of 36 to get at least new elite pinks and then farm with em after till they become middle class? Only and only a few good guilds and friends will do this, alot of people dont have that option. The way i see it sts is driving the.economy even further down

denx
02-24-2014, 09:14 AM
wow

Energizeric
02-24-2014, 11:20 AM
I'll say this again, but the color of an item (arcane, mythic, legendary, epic, etc...) is based on how rare the item is, NOT on how good the stats are. So if you are suggesting that an arcane item should be more common, then you are basically suggesting that it should not be arcane but instead should be mythic or legendary. Well, guess what? There are items that are mythic and legendary. So you get your wish by getting those items.

It seems that quite a few people wish that mythic or arcane items did not exist. If that were the case, I would have become bored of this game long ago.

And to the person who suggested that plat should only allow you to get items faster, if that were the case STS would have been out of business long ago. Nobody is going to spend hundreds of dollars just to get things faster. Most people only spend money when it gives them a big advantage. Yes, there are some people who would spend plat anyway, but not enough to make the game profitable.

FYI, I do NOT open locked crates. I opened some a long time ago, never got anything mythic or arcane, and then I stopped. Somehow I still managed to get all mythic items and an arcane pet. So it is indeed possible. Just save up enough gold and buy those items.

Pandorix
02-24-2014, 11:37 AM
How long u need to farm for 30-50mil for one arcane without spending plats on locks or luck elix...just with lep +15% reroll chance? And ull say "u can merch"...ofc but 90% of players r merching now so try to get good profit.

Carapace
02-24-2014, 12:17 PM
A minor oversight on our part, of course the Arcane Shard will be available rarely from the Elite Gold Chests that drop in the expansion. The recipe for making the ring is also planned to be tradeable. This means once you learn it for yourself, you can farm for more Teeth and vendor the recipe on the CS!

Hectororius
02-24-2014, 12:32 PM
A minor oversight on our part, of course the Arcane Shard will be available rarely from the Elite Gold Chests that drop in the expansion. The recipe for making the ring is also planned to be tradeable. This means once you learn it for yourself, you can farm for more Teeth and vendor the recipe on the CS!

I'm actually a little sad that the recipe's are sellable. But I guess non-elite runners deserve a chance at crafting an arcane ring too.

Arcane Maniac
02-24-2014, 12:32 PM
I dont like this! Its not fair its lootable only from lockeds make them farmable but extremely rare please! TY!

keikali
02-24-2014, 12:36 PM
I dont like this! Its not fair its lootable only from lockeds make them farmable but extremely rare please! TY!

Please re-read Carapaces most recent post above. It is also lootable from Elite Golden's as always.

Wish it was not tradeable. If you wanted the recipe, you should run it like everyone else.

Kakashis
02-24-2014, 01:39 PM

Yay that's more like it! Thank you to fairness to all players! As long as the drop rate of elite golden chests is the same as locked, that'd be great! I wish elite golden chests all had chance to drop platinum :(

Energizeric
02-24-2014, 02:17 PM
Ive came up with a solution that let mythics and.arcanes drop while maintaining the price but the number of times i said it out ways the responses. To me this update for shards is just aimed at plat buyer if its only from locked.crates. Sure elite.farmers can now.farm teeth and possibly sell the recipes but lets face it as it is, if mythics are still better then next seasons pinks who want to run with the poor legendary people of 36 to get at least new elite pinks and then farm with em after till they become middle class? Only and only a few good guilds and friends will do this, alot of people dont have that option. The way i see it sts is driving the.economy even further down

So then what is your solution?

wvhills
02-24-2014, 02:26 PM
let me see if i understand this...

instead of spending 15 plat to open a crate and have a chance at an arcane ring, we'll now have to spend 15 plat to open a crate to have a chance of getting a shard that we'll have to have "x" amount of to make an arcane ring?...

If that's the case then well played sts, well played indeed.

Carapace
02-24-2014, 02:26 PM
We're listening, if the consensus seem to lean towards restricting the recipe to individual farming that is within our power to do so. The current plan is to allow it to be tradeable after purchase, but is an open point of debate internally here as well as it has pros and cons associated. Please feel free to leave more feedback about this aspect if you have an opinion on the matter. Obviously if we choose one, it doesn't mean it will be that way forever, so perhaps an initial offering of non-tradeable to start that becomes tradeable as the season comes to an end is feasible. Going the other way would create much more friction.

Carapace
02-24-2014, 02:28 PM
let me see if i understand this...

instead of spending 15 plat to open a crate and have a chance at an arcane ring, we'll now have to spend 15 plat to open a crate to have a chance of getting a shard that we'll have to have "x" amount of to make an arcane ring?...

If that's the case then well played sts, well played indeed.

While we could do X arcane shards for the recipe, the power of the item would have to justify the value and ultimately would be broken. The Ring will only require 1 Arcane Shard, and additional essences currently found in the world.

Solid
02-24-2014, 02:33 PM
While we could do X arcane shards for the recipe, the power of the item would have to justify the value and ultimately would be broken. The Ring will only require 1 Arcane Shard, and additional essences currently found in the world.

Bummer, so we only need 1 shard?

and we gota farm other places for the other ingredients?

FluffNStuff
02-24-2014, 02:42 PM
We're listening, if the consensus seem to lean towards restricting the recipe to individual farming that is within our power to do so. The current plan is to allow it to be tradeable after purchase, but is an open point of debate internally here as well as it has pros and cons associated. Please feel free to leave more feedback about this aspect if you have an opinion on the matter. Obviously if we choose one, it doesn't mean it will be that way forever, so perhaps an initial offering of non-tradeable to start that becomes tradeable as the season comes to an end is feasible. Going the other way would create much more friction.

This is a question the requires the chance at drops, but taking into account the general history of the game and the way the odds go I would predict it would work out like this:

To craft the ring, it requires BOTH the arcane shard and the recipe, so the RARITY of the ring is going to either be based on the rarity of the shard or the recipe. Considering the Shard drops from crates and Elite Golden's, it is a safe bet to assume that is going to be the limiting item. Recipes drop from the bosses and due to elixirs those can be over farmed quickly so in all probability the number of recipes looted in game is going increase at a much faster rate then the Shards. This means for every recipe used per Shard, there will also be a glut of unused recipes causing them to caaaarrraaassshhhh in value extremely quick making them a pretty much useless part of the equation. (Think of it like McDonalds Monopoly where there are TONS of Park Place pieces but only two Boardwalks)

The solution to make the recipe a useful ingredient is either to require the player to farm their OWN recipe (which would cause anger), to take the recipes out of the luck table and make them EXTREMELY rare (which would cause anger) or ... hmm ... (glad I don't make the game).

Hectororius
02-24-2014, 02:43 PM

A non-tradeable recipe as described would be great. It would encourage people to attemp more elites instead of waiting for recipes to start trickling down from others.

Also, if the recipe can be used repeatedly, they will eventually lose value as the season goes on and people continue to re-use and sell them once they've crafted the ring. if they remain untradable, it become a quest and a challenge for those who want to attain the ring. I'd go as far to suggest once the recipe is used, it becomes consumed along with the shard. This should keep the quantity of arcane rings at an acceptable level.

Energizeric
02-24-2014, 02:58 PM

I know some people are not going to agree with my opinion and are going to say that what I suggest is "too hard", but I think this will make for tons of fun.... Here is how I would do it:

Make the Dragons Teeth an epic rarity item that drops from the elite bosses in the new expansion, and make them drop at a decent rate. Make it so that a large number of Dragons Teeth are needed to purchase the recipe for the Arcane Ring, perhaps 50-100 of them depending on how often they drop. Then make the recipe tradable, but NOT the Dragons Teeth.

The result of this is that the recipe will end up being very valuable and not only the Arcane Shard. Obtaining the recipe will be something that takes weeks/months, similar to how the ichor quest was in Pocket Legends. It will be a long grind, and should take a few hundred elite boss kills minimum in order to obtain enough Dragons Teeth to purchase the recipe. This will give non-plat spenders an opportunity to earn money by farming for Dragons Teeth.

Remember that the Arcane Ring should be good for multiple seasons, so this should be a long grind and something that keeps us interested for a long time. Remember in Pocket Legends how everyone wanted to craft demonic sets, but those glyph steels and other crafting components were so hard to find? It took months to craft those sets, and even then most players could not manage to craft a full set. That was a ton of fun! But crafting in the later PL expansions was very boring by comparison and within a month of each expansion, most players had fully crafted sets.

People will say that they want it to be easy, and they will complain when it is hard, but the truth is that they get bored when it is easy, and they play more when it is a challenge. Make it difficult, and not only luck based, but make there be some element of it that requires some hard work.

Energizeric
02-24-2014, 03:00 PM
This is a question the requires the chance at drops, but taking into account the general history of the game and the way the odds go I would predict it would work out like this:

To craft the ring, it requires BOTH the arcane shard and the recipe, so the RARITY of the ring is going to either be based on the rarity of the shard or the recipe. Considering the Shard drops from crates and Elite Golden's, it is a safe bet to assume that is going to be the limiting item. Recipes drop from the bosses and due to elixirs those can be over farmed quickly so in all probability the number of recipes looted in game is going increase at a much faster rate then the Shards. This means for every recipe used per Shard, there will also be a glut of unused recipes causing them to caaaarrraaassshhhh in value extremely quick making them a pretty much useless part of the equation. (Think of it like McDonalds Monopoly where there are TONS of Park Place pieces but only two Boardwalks)

The solution to make the recipe a useful ingredient is either to require the player to farm their OWN recipe (which would cause anger), to take the recipes out of the luck table and make them EXTREMELY rare (which would cause anger) or ... hmm ... (glad I don't make the game).

Agreed 100%! See my previous post for my suggestion to fix this issue.

Anarchist
02-24-2014, 03:15 PM
I vote for Energi's suggestion.

I suggest the amount of Teeths to be very high 50-100. So the prize of the receipt can maintain a high value even after a long period of time.

Another restriction can be permitting only 1/2 teeth loot per day...

Zomnisorc
02-24-2014, 04:11 PM
Agreed with aforementioned suggestions, a truly challenging upgrade quest does sound interesting.

But, it should also be taken into consideration that this finalized-type legends game had its difficulty scaled down from the beginning - compared to previous games. So as much as a really demanding and considerabe effort-requiring process appeals to those of us who would like a greater challenge, it's important not to excess that set difficulty limit.

Concerning the Dragons Teeth, initially, untradability would prevent (to some extent) the pure platinum users of getting hold of the new ring in a week or two without being forced to run elites. Later down the road maybe it'd be viewed as a decent way to make some profit for the average players, as long as the drop rates aren't insanely high as the original ones for essences.

There is no reason to compare which one of the required ingredients for the arcane ring should be more valuable, the dragon teeth recipe is just for added difficulty; maybe a way to test how well this new crafting system method would work as well as how players will react to it.

dantus
02-24-2014, 04:36 PM
I know some people are not going to agree with my opinion and are going to say that what I suggest is "too hard", but I think this will make for tons of fun.... Here is how I would do it:

Make the Dragons Teeth an epic rarity item that drops from the elite bosses in the new expansion, and make them drop at a decent rate. Make it so that a large number of Dragons Teeth are needed to purchase the recipe for the Arcane Ring, perhaps 50-100 of them depending on how often they drop. Then make the recipe tradable, but NOT the Dragons Teeth.

The result of this is that the recipe will end up being very valuable and not only the Arcane Shard. Obtaining the recipe will be something that takes weeks/months, similar to how the ichor quest was in Pocket Legends. It will be a long grind, and should take a few hundred elite boss kills minimum in order to obtain enough Dragons Teeth to purchase the recipe. This will give non-plat spenders an opportunity to earn money by farming for Dragons Teeth.

Remember that the Arcane Ring should be good for multiple seasons, so this should be a long grind and something that keeps us interested for a long time. Remember in Pocket Legends how everyone wanted to craft demonic sets, but those glyph steels and other crafting components were so hard to find? It took months to craft those sets, and even then most players could not manage to craft a full set. That was a ton of fun! But crafting in the later PL expansions was very boring by comparison and within a month of each expansion, most players had fully crafted sets.

People will say that they want it to be easy, and they will complain when it is hard, but the truth is that they get bored when it is easy, and they play more when it is a challenge. Make it difficult, and not only luck based, but make there be some element of it that requires some hard work.

This

dantus
02-24-2014, 04:36 PM
Would probably end up like crawly though.

Sorcerie
02-24-2014, 04:55 PM
I don't really see the point in making the recipe trade-able.

The people who will be able to afford to craft the ring after buying up and/or looting shards will buy the recipe for a decent amount of gold or craft their own farming elites and then what?

It's only for ONE arcane item. At that rate I see the fate of the recipe the same as that of the gems.

The people who craft it first will make a decent amount when they sell it off to the rich and anyone who falls in line after that will watch as the value slowly drops for an item that only the rich can afford seeing as how the market will eventually flood with recipes - and lets face it, once they have it the interest in continuing to craft this one item will wane as there is no sense in continuing to spend plat needlessly just for this one item.

The only way to keep the recipe relevant is to seriously implement these arcane shards into current arcane items, that's the only way to ensure that it lives its usefulness to everyone.

I know that I would gladly keep farming dragons teeth for a recipe if i know that people with arcane items will be interested in buying them to upgrade their weapons, but if it's just for the one ring and that's it, I don't really get it.

Erndri Santos
02-24-2014, 06:14 PM
cool :adoration:

Instanthumor
02-24-2014, 06:30 PM
Another restriction can be permitting only 1/2 teeth loot per day...

No. It would take 50-100 days to acquire enough teeth, some people don't even play during the weekdays and only weekends, so it could take up to 300-400 days for those poor guys. I think that's a bit too much.

Energizeric
02-24-2014, 06:46 PM
No. It would take 50-100 days to acquire enough teeth, some people don't even play during the weekdays and only weekends, so it could take up to 300-400 days for those poor guys. I think that's a bit too much.

Agreed, there should be no limit on how many you can farm in one day. If someone wants to play for 12 hours straight and farm a whole bunch, more power to them.

The only reason to ever limit how many of something someone can get in one day is when it's some kind of easy reward like story tokens where it would otherwise be abused by players making lots of alts.

kjed
02-25-2014, 01:13 AM
Wew! Only 1 arcane shard required, so shards will be worth millions.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Rean
02-25-2014, 01:38 AM

In this case, I suppose opening new Elite Gold Crates seems better the better option if we are solely going for the arcane shard. For locked crates, even IF we get an arcane roll, we may end up getting hooks, maul, ker'shal, hammerjaw, glacian, samael, singe.....

Okatare
02-25-2014, 06:05 AM
Agreed with aforementioned suggestions, a truly challenging upgrade quest does sound interesting.

But, it should also be taken into consideration that this finalized-type legends game had its difficulty scaled down from the beginning - compared to previous games. So as much as a really demanding and considerabe effort-requiring process appeals to those of us who would like a greater challenge, it's important not to excess that set difficulty limit.

Concerning the Dragons Teeth, initially, untradability would prevent (to some extent) the pure platinum users of getting hold of the new ring in a week or two without being forced to run elites. Later down the road maybe it'd be viewed as a decent way to make some profit for the average players, as long as the drop rates aren't insanely high as the original ones for essences.

There is no reason to compare which one of the required ingredients for the arcane ring should be more valuable, the dragon teeth recipe is just for added difficulty; maybe a way to test how well this new crafting system method would work as well as how players will react to it.

2000% agree.
Platinum-users should also be involved in farming-crafting part, or waste enough money (and time to wait till non-platinum users decide to sell receipts) to make it worthy.
Otherwise if donating helps getting a ring in a week or two the whole fun part of the process will be ruined

Skoox
02-25-2014, 07:25 AM
Nice nice nice :3

Pandorix
02-25-2014, 07:39 AM
2000% agree.
Platinum-users should also be involved in farming-crafting part, or waste enough money (and time to wait till non-platinum users decide to sell receipts) to make it worthy.
Otherwise if donating helps getting a ring in a week or two the whole fun part of the process will be ruined

I can bet that we will see new arcane ring in week or two...just wait

Okatare
02-25-2014, 08:31 AM
Another thing I am thinking of is to make it as a quest. Like "kill boss 50 times to get a piece of receipt" otherwise if it is a child play alike it may become a problem for done people. Few ones I know don't have this ap yet, though they spend days hunting child in arena. This is not fair..

Okatare
02-25-2014, 08:33 AM
I can bet that we will see new arcane ring in week or two...just wait

Sad truth... but still I hope

notfaded1
02-25-2014, 08:43 AM
I think the way already suggested by STS is ok.
Everyone is never going to be happy.
Everyone wants an edge. Free players want to edge out plat buyers by making it about some insane Elite run thing. Plat buyers well they keep the game going and have some edge. If it's next to impossible most people will give up on it. The limiting factor will be the number of shards that are available. I think the fact that shards will drop from EG is a HUGE bone to non plat buyers. The reciprocal of this can't be swayed to the other side to Elite Runners either. (I know this will not make some peeps happy either) I really like this game but honestly I have a real job and can't play the game 10 hours a day. Sooooo balance is the key. No one gets any edge except I suppose people that pay and free elite runners now have a real chance themselves for whole thing with 0 dollars and maybe less farming. I honestly can't think of a more fair setup.

Pandorix
02-25-2014, 09:27 AM
This game will never be balanced no mather what they do...

Haligali
02-25-2014, 09:46 AM

Ok, but 50-100 dragons teeth is a lot inventory space.

Hectororius
02-25-2014, 10:09 AM
Only real way to maintain the value of the recipes is if they are consumed after the ring is crafted so that there won't be a glut of recipes within a month of the expansion being released.

My main concern is having the recipe being used over and over again to craft rings once its attained. The only challenge at that point is popping crates to loot shards to make a ring.

Energizeric
02-25-2014, 10:09 AM
Ok, but 50-100 dragons teeth is a lot inventory space.

Good point. Since the dragons teeth are not tradable, I'm thinking they should be stored the way story tokens are and not take up any inventory space. There is really no need to put them in your inventory since the teeth themselves are not a crafting component, only the recipe and shard are.

Energizeric
02-25-2014, 10:12 AM
Only real way to maintain the value of the recipes is if they are consumed after the ring is crafted so that there won't be a glut of recipes within a month of the expansion being released.

My main concern is having the recipe being used over and over again to craft rings once its attained. The only challenge at that point is popping crates to loot shards to make a ring.

Another good point. I'm not sure if the current crafting system can allow for this, but I agree 100%. This is how it always was in Pocket Legends, but as we saw during the winter event, the AL crafting system seems to work somewhat different. However, perhaps they can add something that causes the recipe to disappear after being used.

Ogani
02-25-2014, 11:08 AM
This sounds awesome guys! New gear?! Arcane Gear?! I think this expansion is going to do a lot for AL! Thanks

Bornof1000Kings
02-25-2014, 12:37 PM
The intro stated that these Teeth are a valuable commodity to the toons of the expansion so my assumption is that there will probably be more ways to spend the Dragons Teeth than on just this one Arcane recipe, too. This thread is more about the Arcane ring but I think people are glossing over this part of the Teeth system. Not everyone will be farming the Teeth for the Arcane recipe, I'm guessing. It may be more like the winter event where there are other items to choose from when spending the Teeth. If this were not the case there would be quite a few players like myself who wouldn't spend much time, if any, on finding the Teeth given the extremely low expectations of owning an Arcane rarity item.

Handel
02-25-2014, 12:57 PM
I am outing myself as a platuser now. Just want to say: if the recipe wont be tradeable (and i dont want to farm tons of elite bosses!) why the hell should i open even one single locked to gain the shard? If i dont get a chance to get the best items, i wont spend my real money anymore to keep this game running. Its just that simple.

Bless
02-25-2014, 01:15 PM

People will say that they want it to be easy, and they will complain when it is hard, but the truth is that they get bored when it is easy, and they play more when it is a challenge. Make it difficult, and not only luck based, but make there be some element of it that requires some hard work. From how I read it, you want to make the dragons teeth rare, craftable in a large quantity AND tradeable? Sorry. But I disagree.

If you want you make it rare and elite, no more than 15-20 should be needed
If you want to make it purple but increase pieces required - 50 to 100, this is a horrible idea. Purples aren't always looted on elite bosses firstly so I would have to do about 150 runs to get 100 teeth. Secondly, this quest isnt like PL, the bosses in the ichor farming werent elite were they? If you want to increase quantity then add them to the last non elite boss. If you want hardcore elites, then reduce amount to 20. Although I am going againt my own beliefs that people shouldnt just be able to buy best gear, not everybody has the time to farm 100 elites, for me I like to stictly pvp so farming would be a chore.

wvhills
02-25-2014, 01:36 PM
this whole game is getting too complicated.

Pandorix
02-25-2014, 01:49 PM
I am outing myself as a platuser now. Just want to say: if the recipe wont be tradeable (and i dont want to farm tons of elite bosses!) why the hell should i open even one single locked to gain the shard? If i dont get a chance to get the best items, i wont spend my real money anymore to keep this game running. Its just that simple.

U can play some other game and buy best equip for 1k$ first day and be "Uber pro". Practice makes u perfect...u cant just buy pills (plats in this case) for skillz :)

Energizeric
02-25-2014, 02:01 PM
From how I read it, you want to make the dragons teeth rare, craftable in a large quantity AND tradeable? Sorry. But I disagree.

If you want you make it rare and elite, no more than 15-20 should be needed
If you want to make it purple but increase pieces required - 50 to 100, this is a horrible idea. Purples aren't always looted on elite bosses firstly so I would have to do about 150 runs to get 100 teeth. Secondly, this quest isnt like PL, the bosses in the ichor farming werent elite were they? If you want to increase quantity then add them to the last non elite boss. If you want hardcore elites, then reduce amount to 20. Although I am going againt my own beliefs that people shouldnt just be able to buy best gear, not everybody has the time to farm 100 elites, for me I like to stictly pvp so farming would be a chore.

I hear you Miracle, the problem is that the end result of this would be that everyone has the recipes and they become worthless, and then the only limiting factor on who gets the Arcane Ring will be the Arcane Shards. I'd like the recipe to be just as rare as the shards. And as was said in a previous post, obviously there will be other items that can be purchased with the dragons teeth. I kind of like this whole strategy...

Basically instead of looting specific items from the bosses in this campaign, let us loot dragons teeth and then purchase the items that we want. I think that is a much better way to do things and creates some variety from the previous campaigns.

As I also mentioned, I think the recipes should be tradable. So if you are the type who would rather not do the number of elite runs required, then you can purchase the recipe from one of the many players who will be doing those runs and will be selling the recipe. Remember that this is for an Arcane Ring. I hope you don't expect the Arcane Ring to be easy or cheap to acquire...

Nat King Aggrey
02-25-2014, 02:06 PM
Will there be new items for twinks o tarlok reigns

FluffNStuff
02-25-2014, 02:13 PM
I hear you Miracle, the problem is that the end result of this would be that everyone has the recipes and they become worthless, and then the only limiting factor on who gets the Arcane Ring will be the Arcane Shards. I'd like the recipe to be just as rare as the shards. And as was said in a previous post, obviously there will be other items that can be purchased with the dragons teeth. I kind of like this whole strategy...

Basically instead of looting specific items from the bosses in this campaign, let us loot dragons teeth and then purchase the items that we want. I think that is a much better way to do things and creates some variety from the previous campaigns.

As I also mentioned, I think the recipes should be tradable. So if you are the type who would rather not do the number of elite runs required, then you can purchase the recipe from one of the many players who will be doing those runs and will be selling the recipe. Remember that this is for an Arcane Ring. I hope you don't expect the Arcane Ring to be easy or cheap to acquire...

How many times does a player need to be struck by lightning exactly to get an Arcane Ring? I ask because you are saying there will be players that are lucky/skilled enough to get a recipe and there are other players that are lucky enough to get the shard. Now neither of those players can trade with each other, since they will be of equal value. So are they both extremely valuable or are they both extremely useless? I guess they both have to sell their pieces to merchants since those will be the only ones benefiting from this scenario ...

One piece has to be extremely rare and one piece has to be extremely abundant. Any other way and it is just punishing players that get one of the extremely rare pieces without the other.

Handel
02-25-2014, 02:19 PM
U can play some other game and buy best equip for 1k$ first day and be "Uber pro". Practice makes u perfect...u cant just buy pills (plats in this case) for skillz :)

No need to be sarcastic.
Thats exact my point - i am fine with not getting the best gear, if STS decides, that i have got to repeat the same bosses over and over again for it. But as consequence of that, i dont have any reason more, to put real money in game for a shard i wont be able to use. Thats all i want to say and i am totally relaxed about this, sorry if my previous post sounded wrong - this depends on my bad english.

Energizeric
02-25-2014, 02:48 PM
How many times does a player need to be struck by lightning exactly to get an Arcane Ring? I ask because you are saying there will be players that are lucky/skilled enough to get a recipe and there are other players that are lucky enough to get the shard. Now neither of those players can trade with each other, since they will be of equal value. So are they both extremely valuable or are they both extremely useless? I guess they both have to sell their pieces to merchants since those will be the only ones benefiting from this scenario ...

One piece has to be extremely rare and one piece has to be extremely abundant. Any other way and it is just punishing players that get one of the extremely rare pieces without the other.

You assume that these two players in your example are both dirt poor and have nothing except these rare items. So yes, in the unlikely case that two such players exist, you are correct.

But most players who farm elite bosses regularly have some valuables and some wealth. And if they are super farmers, but non-plat spenders, then they could work hard and perhaps farm enough dragons teeth for 2 recipes, and likewise another player who spends a ton of plat could open enough locked crates to get 2 arcane shards. Then they could trade. Or yes, someone could sell a recipe or a shard in the auction and make a ton of money and then use that money for other things.

In fact, as in your example, if someone did have an arcane shard (or recipe) and no other items of value or wealth, then I would suggest they sell them anyway. Having an Arcane ring without any other good gear or wealth is like a poor person living in the projects but driving a Ferrari. A couple of months ago a player in my guild got lucky and looted a Samael Egg. He was a poor player with no mythics or arcane items. We all suggested that he sell the egg and buy some better gear and perhaps some cheaper pets.

The recipes will become completely worthless and completely useless if there are more of them than there are shards. The second that happens, all interest in this quest will die.

I know you remember how in PL during the 61 cap players farmed for glyphs steels religiously. Wouldn't you like some of that fun to come over to AL?

wvhills
02-25-2014, 03:27 PM
I know you remember how in PL during the 61 cap players farmed for glyphs steels religiously. Wouldn't you like some of that fun to come over to AL?

I'd be all for that if the maps were as runnable in AL as they were in PL. Without PL's join system u have to rely on ur guild or friends list to get a team together and that takes too long. We all know how much fun pugging AL elites is...

Energizeric
02-25-2014, 04:35 PM
I'd be all for that if the maps were as runnable in AL as they were in PL. Without PL's join system u have to rely on ur guild or friends list to get a team together and that takes too long. We all know how much fun pugging AL elites is...

I think you're confused about cause and effect. The reason it has been so hard to get a good group together the past couple of seasons is because there is nothing exciting to farm for. Add some element like this and suddenly everyone will be out farming instead of in PvP.

I know there are some players who prefer PvP, but I believe most prefer PvE when there is fun to be had and good items to farm for. I think they only switch over to PvP when they get bored with PvE. In PL, PvP was empty and almost everyone was always farming for stuff like glyph steels, dragon items, etc. In AL we see the opposite because PvE has been mostly boring.

wvhills
02-25-2014, 04:41 PM
I think you're confused about cause and effect. The reason it has been so hard to get a good group together the past couple of seasons is because there is nothing exciting to farm for. Add some element like this and suddenly everyone will be out farming instead of in PvP.

I know there are some players who prefer PvP, but I believe most prefer PvE when there is fun to be had and good items to farm for. I think they only switch over to PvP when they get bored with PvE. In PL, PvP was empty and almost everyone was always farming for stuff like glyph steels, dragon items, etc. In AL we see the opposite because PvE has been mostly boring.

no, i'm not confused unfortunately. I've had lots of failed pugs in elites this season. Most pugs can't even finish an elite run. The only one you had a chance to pug last season was keep.

Sorcerie
02-25-2014, 04:47 PM
I dunno about boring so much as there isn't as much gold to be made because no one is really interested in buying up architect gears.

You can farm your heart out and have a great deal of fun with a good party, I know I do when I'm running my rouge with TC - but if the drops aren't paying out what they should it becomes a grind for pennies and no one likes to feel that farming elites is a grind.

Pandorix
02-25-2014, 05:01 PM
All elites r pointless to farm last two months or more same with shyal arena...farming whole day for 1-2 elite golden puzzles and few worthless pinkies is boring.
And non-plat users r suposed to get millions from that farming to buy myth equip from plat users that r opening stupid lockeds

Bless
02-25-2014, 05:16 PM

I know there are some players who prefer PvP, but I believe most prefer PvE when there is fun to be had and good items to farm for. I think they only switch over to PvP when they get bored with PvE. In PL, PvP was empty and almost everyone was always farming for stuff like glyph steels, dragon items, etc. In AL we see the opposite because PvE has been mostly boring. Im pretty certain, as it is one of the reasons i play.

That something exciting should not be trying to farm teeth. Sts should put a challenege to other things INSTEAD of the farming of teeth. You are right, pve is boring and should be hard but some people genuinely dislike pve either way and therefore may not want to farm 100 hours for something that they will use in pvp.

Snakespeare
02-25-2014, 05:25 PM
I already can't "keep up with the Joneses" in this game. This just looks like the game got even more expensive, even more about being elite. I sure hope you're going to put something into this update that is FUN, not just elite, not just appealling to conspicuous consumption. I need my money for reality. You got anything fun? I'd pay for fun.

FluffNStuff
02-25-2014, 05:38 PM
I already can't "keep up with the Joneses" in this game. This just looks like the game got even more expensive, even more about being elite. I sure hope you're going to put something into this update that is FUN, not just elite, not just appealling to conspicuous consumption. I need my money for reality. You got anything fun? I'd pay for fun.

Amen to that. Killing 100 elite bosses to sell someone else a recipe so they can make a ring ... . I'll sit this out for now till they start talking weapons. Cool weapons make killing more fun! Cool dragons make killing THEM fun. A stat boost ring just makes killing faster.

Energizeric
02-25-2014, 08:29 PM
Im pretty certain, as it is one of the reasons i play.

That something exciting should not be trying to farm teeth. Sts should put a challenege to other things INSTEAD of the farming of teeth. You are right, pve is boring and should be hard but some people genuinely dislike pve either way and therefore may not want to farm 100 hours for something that they will use in pvp.

In case you didn't notice, nobody said anything about this arcane ring being a requirement to do PvP. I've been very successful in PvP and I have leaderboard banners to prove it. Yet I've never had an arcane weapon as they are super expensive and super rare and I cannot afford one. An arcane ring should be just as exclusive and rare. If you do not want to farm 100 hours for it, then don't.

Arcane means it is super rare. If it were easier to get and more common, then it would be mythic or legendary. I'm not sure why people don't seem to understand this. If legendary items had been truly legendary in the first place during seasons 1 & 2, then there would have never been any reason to have mythic and arcane items. So now people want the mythic and arcane items to be more common. Maybe they should do that and then come out with 1 or 2 additional color rarities to fix the problem again. This seems to be an ongoing cycle. Please keep the rare items rare, or else the game is no longer a challenge and it becomes boring. The day I sign on and have all of the best items available equipped on my toon is the day I quit due to boredom as there will be nothing left to accomplish.

Energizeric
02-25-2014, 08:33 PM
Amen to that. Killing 100 elite bosses to sell someone else a recipe so they can make a ring ... . I'll sit this out for now till they start talking weapons. Cool weapons make killing more fun! Cool dragons make killing THEM fun. A stat boost ring just makes killing faster.

So you would rather kill 10 elite bosses for a recipe that you can sell for 100 gold?

kjed
02-25-2014, 10:13 PM
this whole game is getting too complicated.

Lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Approximation
02-25-2014, 11:21 PM
wow nice

Sent from my Andromax-c using Tapatalk

Instanthumor
02-26-2014, 12:06 AM
How about we just get rid of PvE. That would solve a lot of problems.

Daddyblu
02-26-2014, 12:32 AM

arcane is not all about weapons.

if guys want weapons everytime you should play weapon legends.

come you guys always think that every update there should be a new weapon? thats lame and boring same stuff over and over again.

now you guys complain bec. you need to open crates to make the new arcane ring?

i you guys dont want to spend some play another game. this is how sts makes money and pay for the expansion - memory extension ect.

Daddyblu
02-26-2014, 12:35 AM
So you would rather kill 10 elite bosses for a recipe that you can sell for 100 gold?

I like your ideas... yup they are lazy and want the easy way out.

Daddyblu
02-26-2014, 12:39 AM
For the people who dont want to spend money and say the game got more complicated should shift to another game.

like Supper Mario, tank city, farm town, farm vile.

this games belongs to you!

Arcane legends are only for the people who want complicated game mode , more challenging bosses and achievements , more trill, much more harder way to obtain items.

Daddyblu
02-26-2014, 12:40 AM
The intro stated that these Teeth are a valuable commodity to the toons of the expansion so my assumption is that there will probably be more ways to spend the Dragons Teeth than on just this one Arcane recipe, too. This thread is more about the Arcane ring but I think people are glossing over this part of the Teeth system. Not everyone will be farming the Teeth for the Arcane recipe, I'm guessing. It may be more like the winter event where there are other items to choose from when spending the Teeth. If this were not the case there would be quite a few players like myself who wouldn't spend much time, if any, on finding the Teeth given the extremely low expectations of owning an Arcane rarity item.

good point dude.

I think its better to leave it just the way it is at least for this season.

Make the dragon teeth not trad able for this will make the lazy guys go farming instead of merching and buying everything for gold.

then later on as it is needed for another recipe then you can make it trade able.

ericarsenic
02-26-2014, 01:32 AM
can we use the arcane shard to feed our barney and turn it to arcane pet?

Instanthumor
02-26-2014, 01:47 AM
can we use the arcane shard to feed our barney and turn it to arcane pet?

I'd rather have Guapo or one of the other starter pets as an arcane pet.

ruizerwin
02-26-2014, 08:23 AM
Keep opening more locked ;)

wvhills
02-26-2014, 09:19 AM
For the people who dont want to spend money and say the game got more complicated should shift to another game.

Arcane legends are only for the people who want complicated game mode , more challenging bosses and achievements , more trill, much more harder way to obtain items.

actually, that's not true. World of Warcraft and online games are for complicated game mode, etc.. STS games were built on the premise of being a more casual, pick up and play type game. That's why the first game was called "pocket legends", they have so many "where do you play Legends games" contests, and the instances take 5-10 minutes to run not hours like the more complicated online games.

In the future we would all appreciate it if you would listen and try to understand others points of views instead of flaming and trying to put others down. Of course, you're more than welcome to express ur own point of view but try to do it in a way that isn't condescending or raging towards other people.

Hectororius
02-26-2014, 09:56 AM
actually, that's not true. World of Warcraft and online games are for complicated game mode, etc.. STS games were built on the premise of being a more casual, pick up and play type game. That's why the first game was called "pocket legends", they have so many "where do you play Legends games" contests, and the instances take 5-10 minutes to run not hours like the more complicated online games.

Unfortunately as games mature the 'complexity' level of the game increases as new mechanics are introduced to keep the game fresh, which is great for experienced players since its just 'one more thing' but newer players maybe not find it so easy to follow.

I'm pretty sure if i started playing now with no background in mmo's or rpgs i'd be a bit lost for a really long time.

MoloToha
02-26-2014, 10:07 AM
Remiem mentioned, that players possibly will be able to craft other arcane items. But looting an arcane shard is the same as looting maul, for example, it makes me to ask a question: "Why I should get recipe, shard and craft a maul, if I can loot it from locked?". Will players be able to craft other arcanes? If yes, will they require an arcane shard, or something else?

Foebegone
02-26-2014, 10:43 AM
I like this idea, I hope that the Shard replaces current Arcane items and we can use it as a ingredient to make future arcane items. That way if you are lucky enough to loot one you can make an item you can use, if they continue with crafting Arcane items in the future.

The recipe being tradable I think is fine if the cost in teeth is reasonably hard to achieve. The issue will be that no one will want it until they have the shard so you will have very few players buying it pre-emptively. The same is true if non tradable, you will only force players to farm the recipe once they have the shard (excluding the 1% who can buy the shard). If this is the case I say let hard work gain you something and let us sell the recipe to the 1% and the PVP players who have the gold to bypass such tedium as playing the game ;)

Bornof1000Kings
02-26-2014, 11:42 AM
good point dude.

I think its better to leave it just the way it is at least for this season.

Make the dragon teeth not trad able for this will make the lazy guys go farming instead of merching and buying everything for gold.

then later on as it is needed for another recipe then you can make it trade able.

Thanks Daddyblu,

My main point in bringing this up is just that people won't be farming these Teeth for this one recipe so there won't be a glut of Arcane recipes. Why would you spend your Teeth buying an arcane recipe that you don't plan on using if you could alternatively spend your Teeth to buy something else that you could use or more easily sell? For instance there may be different recipes that allow gamers to add different effects to their gear using essences (like some sort of mana regen or crit instead of just the basic str/dex/int gems) or there could be a legendary pet available through the farming of these Teeth.

Again, I'm just saying that there may not be this glut of Arcane recipes on the market if people have alternative ways to spend their Dragons Teeth that are more useful or more profitable for that particular gamer; and if there are other recipes to be had I'm sure people will want these recipes to be tradeable so for the system to remain as simple as possible the Arcane recipe should remain tradeable. The Dragon's Teeth themselves are probably best left untradeable but whatever a gamer chooses to buy with their farmed teeth should indeed be tradeable, whatever that might be.

FluffNStuff
02-26-2014, 11:55 AM

Arcane Legends is not for the players who wants a more complicated mode ... it is for the players that want more challenging bosses and achievements , more thrill, much more harder ways to obtain items. Understanding the difference between complicated and challenging is the difference between wasting a players time with monotonous repetition, meaningless go here, do this, go here do that and FUN! I prefer fun. Arcane Legends is play anywhere, anytime, anyway you enjoy.

Carapace
02-26-2014, 12:10 PM
All good points in here guys, we're reading them.

It is worth noting that obviously after crafting the Ring from the shard you can trade it, etc. There are some very valid concerns in here, and while I can't go into details at the moment we want to perserve the balance between effort and reward, free players and platinum spenders in a way that keeps the game fair for everyone. It is a new thing we are trying this season, and if it is a wonderful disaster then we will move away from such things in the future. If it goes over well, there is absolutely the potential (That's potential, not promise ;) ) to replace the specific Arcane Item loot in the crates with just the Arcane Shard, and allow players to craft the item they WANT versus the one they received via a recipe later on.

Good thoughts guys, keep them coming.

MoloToha
02-26-2014, 12:25 PM

It is worth noting that obviously after crafting the Ring from the shard you can trade it, etc. There are some very valid concerns in here, and while I can't go into details at the moment we want to perserve the balance between effort and reward, free players and platinum spenders in a way that keeps the game fair for everyone. It is a new thing we are trying this season, and if it is a wonderful disaster then we will move away from such things in the future. If it goes over well, there is absolutely the potential (That's potential, not promise ;) ) to replace the specific Arcane Item loot in the crates with just the Arcane Shard, and allow players to craft the item they WANT versus the one they received via a recipe later on.

Yeah, that's what I wanted to hear to. Let's imagine that I want to loot a maul. I open X crates with hope and yeah, I see red "Arcane" inscription. But dam! This isn't a maul, there are hooks! The rarity is the same, but the price is different. The replacement of all arcane things by shards would tame all frustrations, described above, cuz I'll just loot a shard and craft a maul.

Soupdetat
02-26-2014, 12:37 PM
Hmm. this is become too complicated. the arcane shard sound like a gems upgrade system.

well we have arcane weapon.
lvl26 - arcane hook
lvl31 - arcane maul
lvl36 - arcane staff

a mystery on what will happen if all the arcane weapon upgradeable

tuanthanhvn
02-26-2014, 12:49 PM
hello ! admin !
i love game ! i want baner of vietnamese ! i think can give baner vn ! vn dont nice hack

Sorcerie
02-26-2014, 01:47 PM

Good thoughts guys, keep them coming.That sounds like PL crafting where as long as you have the components and the recipe you can craft the item you want without having to rely on the luck of crates to get it.

Can I just say, YES PLEASE!

Pandorix
02-26-2014, 02:02 PM

First good news for non-plats users after a year+ of playin AL.

Energizeric
02-26-2014, 02:10 PM

I think Arcane Legends is both. For the more casual gamer, they can do quick runs that take 5 minutes or less in the regular dungeons or crypts. And for those of us who wants more of a challenge, we can run the elite dungeons that take longer.

That said, I think the quest for the most powerful item in the game should also be the most difficult quest, should take more than 5-10 minutes, and should be for those who do want a real challenge.

scarysmerf
02-26-2014, 03:31 PM
So if locked crates drop arcane shards will elite chests have a chance to drop shards too?

Daddyblu
02-26-2014, 04:29 PM

this is what i like! its more like ragnarok now :) but good i love it

Snakespeare
02-26-2014, 04:44 PM

As you wish!

Linkincena
02-27-2014, 11:53 AM
Any new about what would happen to current mythics?

Energizeric
02-27-2014, 12:40 PM
Any new about what would happen to current mythics?

Wrong thread. There is another thread in announcements forum about that....

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?138999-Regarding-Mythic-and-Arcane-Items-and-the-Dragon-Enclave-Expansion

Anarchist
02-27-2014, 02:20 PM

Solid post Carapace.
This is good news :banana:

notfaded1
02-27-2014, 02:30 PM
Hmm. this is become too complicated. the arcane shard sound like a gems upgrade system.

well we have arcane weapon.
lvl26 - arcane hook
lvl31 - arcane maul
lvl36 - arcane staff

a mystery on what will happen if all the arcane weapon upgradeable
This could be sweet! Especially since Rogue arcane weapon is lvl26 still and ready for shard enhancement to go with that new ring :^}

Also would be cool to have a way to turn the shard into whatever you want it to be with options... it makes the shard much more flexible of an item and useful for different peeps for different uses.

Excuses
02-27-2014, 03:18 PM

Great idea.

Plus (maybe some people might disagree) if we can craft arcane item at any level(or maybe like tarlok did) , that will resolve arcane item upgrade problem and make arcane shard more valuable because twink are big market for sts if you care.

Then recipe should be tradable tho.

Just an idea.

Ravager
02-27-2014, 03:46 PM

I wonder if that would lead to shard hoarding until new arcane items are released every season.

Carapace
02-27-2014, 04:48 PM
I wonder if that would lead to shard hoarding until new arcane items are released every season.

There are a number of potential overlaps, implications and the like associated with such a design. The idea would need to be thought out with that in mind, among other things.

xcainnblecterx
02-27-2014, 07:09 PM
So then what is your solution?

From earlier post

Here's a idea, no more upgrades. Keep arcanes and mythics in lockeds/ elite goldens but let elite bosses drop mythics. Some will say "oh what about the market itll make mythics so cheap." Well make the chance of it dropping like it was supposed to be "mythic". Imo what does that mean, it means if you played pl and farmed for dragon armor in fang thats about what a mythic drop rate should be. Bam best idea

Take the currency switch of what the current price of most wanted dragon armor is (2mil or so) calculate the conversion to al prices which should be actually a bit higher price then now

Energizeric
02-27-2014, 09:02 PM
Take the currency switch of what the current price of most wanted dragon armor is (2mil or so) calculate the conversion to al prices which should be actually a bit higher price then now

Make it so that you cannot re-roll a mythic using luck elixir or lep and you would have no complaint from me. Dragon items in PL used to be very rare and sell for many millions BEFORE they added the ability to re-roll them. That ruined their value. I paid 26m for my green dragon set, and a year later it was worth less than 5m.

As Sam Hayne originally explained to us all last year, the reason why we have chests in AL instead of the normal drop system that was in PL was so that luck elixirs could not be over-exploited. Going away from the chests adds that problem back into the mix.

My opinion actually is that all mythics and arcanes should not only be available in elite golden chests, but also in elite copper and silver chests, but at a lower drop rate.

Friufi
02-28-2014, 01:09 AM
Quote: Tradeable Arcane Shards will be found very rarely from Locked Grand Crates of the Watch.

Yawn...... same <Gentlemen, start your gambling> stuff all over again....

To STS: you would never change your plat-sucking ways, would you?

Energizeric
02-28-2014, 03:30 AM

Yes, the employees at STS do like to bring home a paycheck. It helps them to eat, pay the rent, etc... I must admit that I own a small business as well and I too insist on charging for my company's services.

I'm sure in your job you work for free, but most of us normal folks just can't afford to do that.

Sceazikua
02-28-2014, 07:32 AM
OMG some people are still raging because new stuff are ADDed to lockeds. Before you guys open locks and only get the old items, now EVERY crappy tick you see as dimensional/devourer will have chance to become an arcane item. LEARN TO APPRECIATE, dudes! If you dont like to open, dont open. End of story. No idea why people have to rage about it.

Friufi
02-28-2014, 10:56 AM
Yes, the employees at STS do like to bring home a paycheck. It helps them to eat, pay the rent, etc... I must admit that I own a small business as well and I too insist on charging for my company's services.

I'm sure in your job you work for free, but most of us normal folks just can't afford to do that.

Criticizing STS (not other players like you and me) gives you the licence to criticize the player's life, eh?

Energizeric
02-28-2014, 11:51 AM
Criticizing STS (not other players like you and me) gives you the licence to criticize the player's life, eh?

I did not criticize your life, I criticized your suggestion that STS should not try to make money from their games.

Carapace
02-28-2014, 12:05 PM
Let's keep it friendly and on track please :)

Og kush
02-28-2014, 01:05 PM
Well as u can see whining ain't gonna do it. Only hard work. And I guess u missed the part where they said it was gonna be a rare drop. I mean I have been playing this game for a year and some change and never opened a locked crate and got an arcane item. So, along time ago I stopped wasting my money on crate looking for arcane and understood the only way I will get anything arcane is to buy it with there money ( farming). And believe me I have opened what I believe to my fair share. Still open em but not as much. So if u don't want to open crates farm till u drop and then farm some more you'll get it. But once you hit u in. For some it takes 1 and fir others it takes a mil a one I'm sure u fall in somewhere

MoloToha
02-28-2014, 01:11 PM
I don't think locked crates system should be changed. I think, elite golden chests' loot should be buffed instead. Who will open 200 chests (200*50000 = 10m gold) to get nothing? Lockeds at least give plats and gold, also they guarantee no epics. The other solution may be chest drop increase to reduce their price. Anyway, elite golden chests suck in their current state.

Energizeric
02-28-2014, 06:53 PM
I don't think locked crates system should be changed. I think, elite golden chests' loot should be buffed instead. Who will open 200 chests (200*50000 = 10m gold) to get nothing? Lockeds at least give plats and gold, also they guarantee no epics. The other solution may be chest drop increase to reduce their price. Anyway, elite golden chests suck in their current state.

That's because the legendary items from the current campaign are not worth anything. That is the issue. You should be able to open elite golden chests and still hit the "jackpot" without ever looting a mythic or arcane item. The best legendary items that come out of elite chests should be worth hundreds of thousands of gold. The reason for the low values of the level 35/36 legendary items is because the mythic armors & helms were upgraded, so very few wealthy players needed new armor. With the new method of releasing new gear in waves this coming expansion, that issue should be solved.

Crowsfoot
02-28-2014, 07:01 PM
That's because the legendary items from the current campaign are not worth anything. That is the issue. You should be able to open elite golden chests and still hit the "jackpot" without ever looting a mythic or arcane item. The best legendary items that come out of elite chests should be worth hundreds of thousands of gold. The reason for the low values of the level 35/36 legendary items is because the mythic armors & helms were upgraded, so very few wealthy players needed new armor. With the new method of releasing new gear in waves this coming expansion, that issue should be solved.
I agree, but I do have a nagging critism. What is the ratio of locks to elite golden chests opened?

Energizeric
02-28-2014, 10:59 PM
I agree, but I do have a nagging critism. What is the ratio of locks to elite golden chests opened?

There are more locked obviously, but remember that the chance of getting a specific arcane item in locked is much lower than in an elite golden chest....

We have been told that the chance of getting an arcane item is slightly higher in locked crates than in elite golden chests. However, there are currently 7 arcane items that come from locked crates. Only one (kershal) comes from elite golden puzzleboxes. So even with the higher arcane odds in locked crates, there is a much higher chance of looting a kershal from an elite golden puzzlebox. Same should hold true with the arcane shards.

MoloToha
03-01-2014, 12:12 AM
There are more locked obviously, but remember that the chance of getting a specific arcane item in locked is much lower than in an elite golden chest....

We have been told that the chance of getting an arcane item is slightly higher in locked crates than in elite golden chests. However, there are currently 7 arcane items that come from locked crates. Only one (kershal) comes from elite golden puzzleboxes. So even with the higher arcane odds in locked crates, there is a much higher chance of looting a kershal from an elite golden puzzlebox. Same should hold true with the arcane shards.

Yeah, but ther is still a problem that elite golden puzzlebox (40k) costs higher than locked(12,5k + 15 plat). It's obvious that 27,5k>15 plat, and no gold return, no eggs, etc.

Energizeric
03-01-2014, 03:40 AM
Yeah, but ther is still a problem that elite golden puzzlebox (40k) costs higher than locked(12,5k + 15 plat). It's obvious that 27,5k>15 plat, and no gold return, no eggs, etc.

It's always been that way. When Malison cost 90 plat to buy from stable, Malison Eggs were going for more than 500k. Many players do not have any plat, and that creates more demand for the non-plat items, so the prices get driven up. If you remember during the Halloween event, Grimm eggs were selling for 250 plat, yet in the auction they were 700k.

Haligali
03-01-2014, 04:06 AM
A time run contest would be cool for these rings again.

Küldve az én Nexus 4-emről

Pandorix
03-01-2014, 04:15 AM

Elite golden puzz was 150k in mid of season and locked was around 6-10k...and u need to open atlest 200 puzzles for some myth ( maybe maybe arcane) item. And how long does it take to farm 200 puzzles? Per day u can get 1-5 if u r very lucky...dont remembet u need 10-15k for pots only to farm arena that long

ericarsenic
03-03-2014, 02:58 AM
can we have a amulet to be weared by our pets for this new coming equip issue?

Impact
03-06-2014, 05:09 PM
Quote: Tradeable Arcane Shards will be found very rarely from Locked Grand Crates of the Watch.

Yawn...... same <Gentlemen, start your gambling> stuff all over again....

You dont like sts, dont play their games then :)

Pandorix
03-06-2014, 05:15 PM

U should go and ask u mum to buy u more plats.

Bless
03-06-2014, 06:37 PM
You dont like sts, dont play their games then :) Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat logic doe.

It's like saying, everytime you get depressed, commit suicide.

Zeus
03-07-2014, 08:15 PM
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat logic doe.

Umm, maybe that made sense in your head but there's no connect between the two. It's actually not even a metaphor.

The correct metaphor would be "If you get depressed doing something in particular, don't do that particular activity!"

So, his logic is solid, but yours is flaccid. xD

Zojak
03-07-2014, 08:43 PM
Umm, maybe that made sense in your head but there's no connect between the two. It's actually not even a metaphor.

The correct metaphor would be "If you get depressed doing something in particular, don't do that particular activity!"

Lol parf said Flaccid.

csyui
03-07-2014, 08:55 PM

Actually I saw the logic behind it. "If you get depressed by society or world (doing particular thing), then get away from them (don't do that thing), while suicide is the 'fastest' way to accomplish it". No wonder so many people kill themselves every year. (It is not right!)

Every citizen has the right to protest, that's why you can see lots of protestor parade against certain company, treatment or even government. Just don't forget our rights which girt by the constitution.

It is so funny to see so many players cater to the company for their heavy platinum depended strategy.

Zeus
03-07-2014, 09:03 PM
Actually I saw the logic behind it. "If you get depressed by society or world (doing particular thing), then get away from them (don't do that thing), while suicide is the 'fastest' way to accomplish it". No wonder so many people kill themselves every year. (It is not right!)

Every citizen has the right to protest, that's why you can see lots of protestor parade against certain company, treatment or even government. Just don't forget our rights which girt by the constitution.

How is that logic when he pushed to the extremes? Attempted hyperbolic metaphor? Also, suicide is not the fastest way to accomplish it - at least not in terms of this metaphor. If he doesn't like the game, which is an instrument used to relax a person's mind, he can turn to another game - not kill himself!

If somebody gets depressed, cut out what is causing the depression. Usually, suicide is the last resort opinion, not the "quickest". If you'd like, I can get multitudes of articles of why suicide happens. It's not because it's the fastest method but because it's the only "easy" method remaining (in their mind) to alleviate depression.

Regardless, his logic was flaccid. O_O

Zeus
03-07-2014, 09:07 PM
Lastly,

I noticed that you edited your post.

So, in regards to the last point, here are the reasons people cater:

1. It's a psychological reason to justify their own costs of spending platinum.
2. It truly is free. If you don't believe me, take a look at <The Collective>. A lot of their officers have made money not by opening crates but by farming!

csyui
03-07-2014, 09:12 PM
Lastly,

2. It truly is free. If you don't believe me, take a look at <The Collective>. A lot of their officers have made money not by opening crates but by farming!

I don't want argue with that. Don't you see TheMiraclebird was mocking Impact for his or her negativeness? And he use Hyperbole on his comment.
My suggestion, go take rhetoric course again at your college.

Zeus
03-08-2014, 12:25 AM
I don't want argue with that. Don't you see TheMiraclebird was mocking Impact for his or her negativeness? And he use Hyperbole on his comment.

I understood he was mocking. "Daaaaaaaat Logic Doe" is mocking, obviously. Then he further attempted to mock with failed logic on his part which is what I pointed out.

My comprehension and rhetoric is just fine, thank you.

Do me a favor: Try to lay off of fallacious jabs, ya?

PS: To further show his flawed logic: "Every time you get depressed, commit suicide". Newsflash! Unless we're referring to a game, real life only gives you one life. You can't commit suicide multiple times.

Thanks for the debate, but I don't think there's much else you can defend. :)

MoloToha
03-08-2014, 12:34 AM
Omg, I thought, we are discussing arcane shards :D

Zeus
03-08-2014, 12:43 AM
Omg, I thought, we are discussing arcane shards :D

Haha! Illogic is one of my pet peeves though.

Personally, I am happy if someone points out my failed logic (even if I may argue with them initially). Why? It allows for better thinking. However, I guess all do not feel that way.

Nevertheless, I digress. <- That rhymed!

Nagin
03-08-2014, 12:45 AM

It is so funny to see so many players cater to the company for their heavy platinum depended strategy.

How is that logic when he pushed to the extremes? Attempted hyperbolic metaphor? Also, suicide is not the fastest way to accomplish it - at least not in terms of this metaphor. If he doesn't like the game, which is an instrument used to relax a person's mind, he can turn to another game - not kill himself!

If somebody gets depressed, cut out what is causing the depression. Usually, suicide is the last resort opinion, not the "quickest". If you'd like, I can get multitudes of articles of why suicide happens. It's not because it's the fastest method but because it's the only "easy" method remaining (in their mind) to alleviate depression.

Lastly,

I understood he was mocking. "Daaaaaaaat Logic Doe" is mocking, obviously. Then he further attempted to mock with failed logic on his part which is what I pointed out.

My comprehension and rhetoric is just fine, thank you.

Do me a favor: Try to lay off of fallacious jabs, ya? It only shows your flawed thinking.

PS: To further show his flawed logic: "Everytime you get depressed, commit suicide". Newsflash! Unless we're referring to a game, real life only gives you one life. You can't commit suicide multiple times.

Thanks for the debate, but I don't think there's much else you can defend. :)

I didnt understood a single word u guys said:o

Leichtraktor
03-08-2014, 12:54 AM
You should put now arcane helms

Energizeric
03-08-2014, 03:44 AM
I think the only way to resolve this disagreement is to have an actual demonstration of the metaphor. :tongue:

.Rush.
03-08-2014, 05:10 AM
Changing the subject, what do you think you will be able to craft the Arcane Hooks for lvl cap?
And who do so, how can we imagine that, they are then brought to lvl 41 or just improved?

Sceazikua
03-08-2014, 05:20 AM
I think improved, because designing an arcane item is kinda hard that they must make it look OP and unique :) There are still bow, sword/shield or 2h sword, and gun to design :)

.Rush.
03-08-2014, 06:17 AM
I would be glad if sts could take this position.

Xenobiotic
03-08-2014, 07:20 AM
So someone fill me in on this, the arcane shards can be used to upgrade arcane items so they can be extra op?

Nehul Tyagi
03-08-2014, 09:36 AM
Hi
this is first time i m posting something but reading all from a long time.....its a old battle between plate players and non plate players..
well i m a non plate player with very less gold hardly few thousand in pocket but all mythic and love to farm for my guildies...i find it more challenging to farm and get gold to help my guild mates rather than getting it easily by opening locks....and everytime expansion come game look new and fresh for first few days but as u complete the new area in normal and elite mode and got all loot it become boring so to keep it exciting and playable i just farm and give gold or eggs to others....isent it fun....just my point of view

Sceazikua
03-08-2014, 09:48 AM
getting it easily by opening locks
try opening locks for its' "easiness" pls.

Nehul Tyagi
03-08-2014, 11:08 AM
lol you guys always ready to argue and do mouth war......buddy just trying to say i don't use plate and even then i m all mythic and most eggs except few which cost millions....just by farming..so its useless to blame that its all goes around plate.....anyone can enjoy anything in this game without using any real money...it maybe a bit tough or time consuming....but is not that what make it more exciting and give longevity to this game....

if someone ready to pay money they have option to get thing easier and if ur not still this game give u chance to get all.....plate users r one who r giving bread and butter to production house they r VIP but still giving chance to non plate users..so i don't find anything to complain

Zeus
03-08-2014, 11:58 AM
I think the only way to resolve this disagreement is to have an actual demonstration of the metaphor. :tongue:

Hehe :D

The family tree goes -> Analogy & then branches out to the different types of analogies: metaphor, allegory, hyperbole, etc. I think what you could equate Bless's example to is a combination of a hyperbole and a metaphor.

Anarchist
03-08-2014, 01:24 PM
Arcane shards, Arcane shards everywhere....

Sceazikua
03-08-2014, 09:11 PM
lol you guys always ready to argue and do mouth war......buddy just trying to say i don't use plate and even then i m all mythic and most eggs except few which cost millions....just by farming..so its useless to blame that its all goes around plate.....anyone can enjoy anything in this game without using any real money...it maybe a bit tough or time consuming....but is not that what make it more exciting and give longevity to this game....

if someone ready to pay money they have option to get thing easier and if ur not still this game give u chance to get all.....plate users r one who r giving bread and butter to production house they r VIP but still giving chance to non plate users..so i don't find anything to complain

Im sorry I misunderstood you :) last night i was very tired and only read through comments quickly and thought you were whining about the new arcane shard like many who did in this thread. Hope you dont mind

asdcval
03-09-2014, 12:32 AM
Depending on how things go with the Ring, we may make other Arcane or Mythic rarity items craftable. The key word is "may". Only the ring is currently implemented to involve crafting.

The misty veil of the future hides what may be...
What do you think about this? :-)

Roberto077
03-09-2014, 05:20 PM
Even more p2p based material.

Ogani
03-09-2014, 05:37 PM
Yea....gimme dem shahds! So who wrote da shahds rule on my cah wid a key?!

Madxnoob
03-09-2014, 06:11 PM

STS please gives us the expansion, their talken about Suicide now!!

Tendirin
03-09-2014, 07:14 PM
It's all in Spacetimestudios hands Like samhayne said:The Misty veil of Future hides what may be

Sent from my iPhone 3000
using Tapatalk,Ign is Tendirin

Zeus
03-10-2014, 12:24 AM
STS please gives us the expansion, their talken about Suicide now!!

I swear, if it's not out by this coming Thursday, I will kill myself STG!

Zojak
03-10-2014, 01:01 AM

I hope patch is friday.

JK LUV YOU PARF

Energizeric
03-10-2014, 01:01 AM

Shhhh...please don't give them any more reasons to delay this expansion!! :p

Endkey
03-10-2014, 05:38 AM

Ty parf...now they are gnna dealy the xpansion -.-

zephyruh
03-10-2014, 07:05 AM
I can wait another month. Bring it