PDA

View Full Version : Unhealthy Egos... (another thread about fixing PvP) *laughing out loud*

Mennddoza
02-21-2014, 07:28 PM
Hello! So I am approaching this in "different" way, but I've recently been playing L10-L20 and I absolutely love it! Except the fact that because some classes absolutely dominate other classes, players develop very unhealthy egos... THIS IS NOT ME RANTING... I am just saying it makes the PvP atmosphere very hostile. Not in fighting terms, but in a flaming and trash talking way! I know there has been many other threads talking about rebalance and I'm almost as certain the DEVS are getting sick of hearing it, but please! Giving all the classes a fighting chance, in their own unique seperate way, to actually win will soften up the tension between the players!

programmed
02-21-2014, 07:47 PM
Yes the low level ranges especially, have a lot of players who have developed big egos. I don't do below 30 anymore but I still know what you mean about 10-20. 30-45 also has some players with big egos but not nearly as much as those 10-27s. I was on a 30 and my game ended up merging into a 25 game and then a 20. And in the 20 game there were a bunch of 15s who thought they could trash talk and rush/team me even though I was clearly a level 30 when I was using iceberg. The newer players especially think they are better than everyone else because they have only played PL when it had op gear and a lot of unbalance.

Argyros
02-21-2014, 08:15 PM
Eh 70% of the l35-45 games are awful. It is now normal to be teamed 3 to 1 on a daily basis. I'm not ranting, it is just as easy to leave the game lol. But its tough to not be able to kill much. People rarely trash talk to what I have seen. It is just impractical to fight 3-1.

programmed
02-21-2014, 08:30 PM
Eh 70% of the l35-45 games are awful. It is now normal to be teamed 3 to 1 on a daily basis. I'm not ranting, it is just as easy to leave the game lol. But its tough to not be able to kill much. People rarely trash talk to what I have seen. It is just impractical to fight 3-1.

70% of the games are not teaming in 35-45. I play that range every day for most of the time I'm playing and rarely am teamed and when I am there's always plenty of people to help.

Argyros
02-21-2014, 08:39 PM
70% of the games are not teaming in 35-45. I play that range every day for most of the time I'm playing and rarely am teamed and when I am there's always plenty of people to help.

What's the ign of your lvl 40?

Cheenivie
02-21-2014, 08:40 PM
Endgame has most egoistic players doe

Fear
02-21-2014, 08:58 PM
Endgame has most egoistic players doe

im bes mage at 76.

programmed
02-21-2014, 09:50 PM

JustOwnedUBro. Name may sound egotistic like the thread topic but its really not.

Cheenivie
02-21-2014, 10:26 PM
im bes mage at 76.

Cri i way better trash pls

Caiahar
02-21-2014, 10:37 PM

JustOwnedUBro. Name may sound egotistic like the thread topic but its really not.
Its true, I don't get teamed as much in 30-35 pvp as much as I do in 16 pvp.
In 16 pvp, I get rushed/teamed/trash talked mostly for being a rhino.
And I kill them afterwards countlessly after they had a full hot steaming plate of satisfaction from insulting me.

Sheugokin
02-21-2014, 11:14 PM
Winning the battle when it seems impossible is especially glorifying, but people take that glorification one step too far. Gloating, slandering, boasting, and trash-talking ofc.

Gracious
02-21-2014, 11:34 PM
Easy solution, Remove chat from the Arena, maybe PvP would actually work as intended and would finally kill off the go etiquette. I don't understand how that came about, as" Go" seems the common ground for hostility or rather the lack thereof.

Swimmingstar
02-21-2014, 11:44 PM
Bad KD or underpowered gear or look like a noob = you get rushed.

Kiwihawk
02-21-2014, 11:53 PM
This.... Is so true,

Laar
02-22-2014, 12:05 AM
This.... Is so true,
What happened to the society these days.
*hint hint: I dress up as a newb to have an excuse for rushing when they cry lel

Mennddoza
02-22-2014, 12:25 AM
Easy solution, Remove chat from the Arena, maybe PvP would actually work as intended and would finally kill off the go etiquette. I don't understand how that came about, as" Go" seems the common ground for hostility or rather the lack thereof.

I would not agree with this since i love to talk to other people in the arena! Thats where probably most PvP'ers do there socializing! Also the underpowered classes would immediately make the perfect target for the OP'ed classes... then PvP will just be full of the OP class in most levels! Not about that life

Burningdex
02-22-2014, 04:48 AM
i just rush any ways

Plaguemaw
02-22-2014, 04:51 AM
Haha try saying "go" in any other mmo pvp game, see what happens

Sent from my GT-P3113

Ssneakykills
02-22-2014, 05:01 AM
Family guild is like all the worst trash talkers with big egos ( most not all ) from 10-30 pvp in one guild with no rules..

xbabybugszx
02-22-2014, 07:02 AM
I just rush the ones who have big egos, plain & simple.

Cheenivie
02-22-2014, 07:04 AM
I would not agree with this since i love to talk to other people in the arena! Thats where probably most PvP'ers do there socializing! Also the underpowered classes would immediately make the perfect target for the OP'ed classes... then PvP will just be full of the OP class in most levels! Not about that life

There's also the fact that some people do ffa and they need to strategize with teammates so they would need to use the chat

Argyros
02-22-2014, 12:22 PM

Well, I joined 6 games in the past 2 hours and 4 of them I was teamed, I also have pics. I played for about 3 hours yesterday and I was mainly teamed there as well. I have seen nubish and thescarybeary on a few times. Bro, it is extremely rare to ever be helped while being teamed. I have only seen about 4 players be willing to help another player while being teamed, out of niceness.

Caiahar
02-22-2014, 01:12 PM
Well, if you have bad kd, no plat face, or no vanities, youll most probably get rushed

programmed
02-22-2014, 03:34 PM
Well, I joined 6 games in the past 2 hours and 4 of them I was teamed, I also have pics. I played for about 3 hours yesterday and I was mainly teamed there as well. I have seen nubish and thescarybeary on a few times. Bro, it is extremely rare to ever be helped while being teamed. I have only seen about 4 players be willing to help another player while being teamed, out of niceness.

Well next time you're teamed message me, I am almost always on Nubish and TheScaryBeary. I can help you and I always have people who would gladly help me. When you've played a level range for 3 years you get to know enough people and aren't teamed often and when you are, by then you know plenty of people to help you.

Caiahar
02-22-2014, 03:52 PM

Well next time you're teamed message me, I am almost always on Nubish and TheScaryBeary. I can help you and I always have people who would gladly help me. When you've played a level range for 3 years you get to know enough people and aren't teamed often and when you are, by then you know plenty of people to help you.
You stole my line :(

Except I haven't played for 3 years.
My 31 chars that I'm often on are TNTdroid, Budderr/Buddder(i forgot :P) and KiteNuke.

Totally off topic, but I love it when I'm on TNT, whenever someone says "go tnt", auto correct makes it "go TNT" XP
How do I know? I have my ways.

Argyros
02-22-2014, 04:06 PM

Alright. I usually just leave the game, or pick em off. But I'll add you first.

Laar
02-22-2014, 07:10 PM
Alright. I usually just leave the game, or pick em off. But I'll add you first.
whats your IGN? Ill help too if you'd like, I always do :)

Mennddoza
02-22-2014, 09:01 PM
THE POINT IS... sometimes you can't rush those with big egos (ex. L20 bird can't rush L20 rhino) since they will always win! Balancing the PvP system would allow a more fair chance for everyone to rush everyone! Also won't create big egos to the newer players! (*Laughing out Loud* I am kinda ranting here hahaha)

Rushorgtfo
02-24-2014, 08:37 AM
although many of my friends complain about people with egos I have the biggest ego in pocket legends! however people won't rush me obviously cause I'll own them. Sense I'm the best pvper sense 35 cap

Caiahar
02-24-2014, 10:50 AM
although many of my friends complain about people with egos I have the biggest ego in pocket legends! however people won't rush me obviously cause I'll own them. Sense I'm the best pvper sense 35 cap

Wow big ego pls ima farm you in endgame even tho we in same guild :D

;)

All for one, and one for all.

Rushorgtfo
02-24-2014, 10:55 AM

;)

If you want to increase my k/d oook as you wish.

Caiahar
02-24-2014, 01:58 PM

;)

If you want to increase my k/d oook as you wish.
Pssh! Wha kd? ;)
I think I have the most negative kd in my guild :P
Or close nuff.

Burstnuke
02-24-2014, 06:33 PM

Burstnuke
02-24-2014, 06:34 PM

Lol

programmed
02-24-2014, 11:42 PM

Lol

Bullying the poor birdy :(
You always wreck them back though ;)

#besdexbird

floats
02-25-2014, 09:07 AM

Lol

Yes lol.

The chats made me giggle

Zapder
03-02-2014, 11:35 AM
O cmonn burst u got the one I wasn't in -.-
No hard feelings doe :D

ToastyLord
03-03-2014, 06:46 PM
I love looking like a newb then I get teamed by 2 newbs with huge egos so I get a excuse to rush them and then they start whining.

I kinda feel bad about it but i think it's for the best and will help the egos to get smaller ^^

XghostzX
03-03-2014, 07:26 PM
There's also the fact that some people do ffa and they need to strategize with teammates so they would need to use the chat

Then only enable chat that only your team can see but not the opposing team.

Zapoke
03-05-2014, 01:55 PM

Sent from my GT-P3113

Most other PvP MMOs have a duel system as well as a FFA system. Your argument is invalid.

Caiahar
03-05-2014, 06:16 PM

Sent from my GT-P3113

Most other PvP MMOs have a duel system as well as a FFA system. Your argument is invalid.
That's true
But,
But in other games, I usually see a different section for duels/1v1s, and another section for full on FFA/CTF.
Like on their inspecting page/profile, theres a button to duel, then see if they accept, then a duel commences with most kills in set time/set amount of lives/battle up to a certain number.

Zapoke
03-06-2014, 11:06 AM
That's true
But,
But in other games, I usually see a different section for duels/1v1s, and another section for full on FFA/CTF.
Like on their inspecting page/profile, theres a button to duel, then see if they accept, then a duel commences with most kills in set time/set amount of lives/battle up to a certain number.

That's what I'm saying. They have a system in place for both ways. PL only has one, and people ended up wanting to do 1v1s more than FFAs, which is how "go" took over the system. No point in questioning it past that lol. It is what it is, and unless you can change most everyone's mind at once, nothing with change. Removing chat won't do anything except piss most people off.

Laar
03-07-2014, 10:59 PM
That's what I'm saying. They have a system in place for both ways. PL only has one, and people ended up wanting to do 1v1s more than FFAs, which is how "go" took over the system. No point in questioning it past that lol. It is what it is, and unless you can change most everyone's mind at once, nothing with change. Removing chat won't do anything except piss most people off.
As you state yourself, PL only has 1 PvP system. It's really your choice if you want to follow the go system, as PvP was meant for FFA. People can't really go around complaining about "rushing", PvP was designed to be just an FFA system, but as you also say people preferred 1v1 rather than FFA. What I'm really trying to say is that, yes, people CAN use the go system for 1v1s, but people can't really COMPLAIN about rushing. It's what the game is, and if you don't like FFA, people have a choice to play anohter game. Every game has something different about them, so if you don't like how PL is organized then go do something else.

Personally I like both ways, and I use the go system myself, but unlike some people out there I understand that FFA is right and if people want to rush I'll let them do it. You can't whine and cry about it, it's SUPPOSED to be FFA, it's just that we do 1v1s since many of us like this system of PvP, that's why the community came to make the go system.

So to you guys who keep on saying that only the "go" system is right, just stop. That's how you guys WANT PvP to be organized, and I can't blame you guys, but in reality PvP is strictly for FFA, and if you don't like FFA and prefer 1v1s stop playing if you keep on complaining about rushing. It's not just about what you want - you have to play the game properly and respect other PvPers of their play style. It's not like FFA is wrong.

Caiahar
03-07-2014, 11:58 PM
As you state yourself, PL only has 1 PvP system. It's really your choice if you want to follow the go system, as PvP was meant for FFA. People can't really go around complaining about "rushing", PvP was designed to be just an FFA system, but as you also say people preferred 1v1 rather than FFA. What I'm really trying to say is that, yes, people CAN use the go system for 1v1s, but people can't really COMPLAIN about rushing. It's what the game is, and if you don't like FFA, people have a choice to play anohter game. Every game has something different about them, so if you don't like how PL is organized then go do something else.

Personally I like both ways, and I use the go system myself, but unlike some people out there I understand that FFA is right and if people want to rush I'll let them do it. You can't whine and cry about it, it's SUPPOSED to be FFA, it's just that we do 1v1s since many of us like this system of PvP, that's why the community came to make the go system.

So to you guys who keep on saying that only the "go" system is right, just stop. That's how you guys WANT PvP to be organized, and I can't blame you guys, but in reality PvP is strictly for FFA, and if you don't like FFA and prefer 1v1s stop playing if you keep on complaining about rushing. It's not just about what you want - you have to play the game properly and respect other PvPers of their play style. It's not like FFA is wrong.
You can't change peoples minds about it anyway. People will think what they want, they'll complain about this so called rushing and complain when they kinda suck in FFA. Or complain about FFA match.
Well last night, I had a 30-32 FFA match with others, and oh my gosh, I hadn't played a good FFA match like that in a long time (ehehe..rhino op FFA) FFA stopped after many games when 35s started coming in.
Low lvl FFA/CTF is fun, endgame FFA and rockwall CTF gets boring after a bit.
Castle keep away CTF <3

Laar
03-08-2014, 12:06 AM
You can't change peoples minds about it anyway. People will think what they want, they'll complain about this so called rushing and complain when they kinda suck in FFA. Or complain about FFA match.
Well last night, I had a 30-32 FFA match with others, and oh my gosh, I hadn't played a good FFA match like that in a long time (ehehe..rhino op FFA) FFA stopped after many games when 35s started coming in.
Low lvl FFA/CTF is fun, endgame FFA and rockwall CTF gets boring after a bit.
Castle keep away CTF <3
Yeah, you really can't change people's minds about rushing. The lack of sense in the PL community nowadays is a very vast wave, and this is what influences most players that rushing is wrong, which in reality it's perfectly fine. And ik how you feel about low level FFA/CTF, it's very satisfying since there is a bit more diversity in that level range especially because people like Burningdex make these awesome guides that interests people into trying something different. You have a nice balanced team, unlike all the savage and the occasional swift sets in endgame, although there are reapers and plat packs at lv30. Still, it's something different and it's really satisfying even though something as simple as an FFA/CTF match could be so overwhelming.

Mennddoza
03-16-2014, 08:23 PM
#RushHoliday

Burningdex
03-17-2014, 12:24 AM
lol do what i do get a mage get an op saveage or shivering or op paw with cryst set (basically any dmg set) get aa nuke build with 6bom 6drain light fire ice drop everything else and rush :3 does well at 30

Fear
04-22-2014, 01:16 PM
i just rush any ways

u dont even endgame WOT