PDA

View Full Version : When PL hits PC....

MoarPewPew
12-02-2010, 08:45 PM
Already I am thinking gold farming companies may also join the world Alterra. I think the reason we have not seen them yet is because this is presently a mobile game.
If a mmo has trading and or auction house then we maybe endangered to this.

I have played many MMORPG games and I have left a few due to the gold spammers.

So, will the game client on the PC have an anti hacking software intergrated with the client?

Also since making an account Is free, they could make servrel accounts and have an ip converter/scrambler to avoid blocked access.

Just thinking of the future.

As always I never doubt the STS abilities. You all are very creative and intelligent game designers. I just want to let them know my past experience with Mmorpg I find these evil gold companies ruin my game experience.

Arterra
12-02-2010, 09:16 PM
meh considering that there is no plat conversion and hence no real money tradeable in game not really worth it.

MoarPewPew
12-02-2010, 09:20 PM
Cough* plat can be converted to gold...

Trust me these illegal companies are Aggressive.

Arterra
12-02-2010, 09:21 PM
lol plat to gold but not back.

MoarPewPew
12-02-2010, 09:25 PM
lol plat to gold but not back.

I understand, and if plat can be used to buy gold... It sets the gold farmers companies prices to be cheaper than the plat prices. The scammers will come.

Trust me I've seen it in many PC Mmorpgs.

Arterra
12-02-2010, 09:29 PM
have you SEEN the prices on gold transfusion?? anyone willing to pay that kind of money will be doing us all a favor as free funding. then the devs find out (i mean who else mass buys plat-gold?) and ban for this 3'rd party usage. free monies!!!11!

MoarPewPew
12-02-2010, 09:31 PM
Trust me... It's not good... Economy falls, game looses profit, people get banned and scammed.

And I still don't think you know I'm trying to say.

Those gold farming companies sell items, or gold that they profit from (sales in auction house) and sell it to people for real money.

Arterra
12-02-2010, 09:35 PM
THE POINT is there is no real profit to be made with current system. the costs of buying gold are tremendous and there are already people who basically farm nonstop. ALL ITEMS WILL ONE DAY LOSE VALUE and frankly i wouldn't mind seeing low cost armors.

devs, you got the speech on why we dont have gold-plat transfer right? I cant remember it word for word, so we need it from you.

MoarPewPew
12-02-2010, 09:44 PM
Well that's all i am gonna say for now... And trust me, when the PC version comes out... Be alert lol

Ogediah
12-03-2010, 02:10 AM
I think I get what you are trying to say, but find still find it unlikely. Currently, The only thing to do when you cap out is farm, and by purchasing all of your weapons, you leave yourself with nothing else to do. Besides that, I don't see how giving my buddy 5 bucks in the real world for a sword is going to collapse the economy. It would be a closed trade between myself and him. As for starting a company to do this, we have report buttons and messages aren't allowed in the auction house, so it would be an extremely exclusive underground black market. I don't see that type of operation getting very far. Can you explain this more?
Perhaps I'm just ignorant because I am here to play the game, not buy and sell items for in or out of game money.

TwinkTastical
12-03-2010, 02:14 AM
This game isnt popular enough, and most of us Cbf writing bot scripts.

Ive done my share of RWT, but id like this to be the game i dont buy with real money xD...

wheyfocused
12-05-2010, 04:32 PM
Plus pc has an unfair advantage. Pvp will go to people using pc's. Phone users will become second rate in POCKET Legends

ciss
12-05-2010, 04:47 PM
keep it mobile!!!!

wheyfocused
12-05-2010, 04:51 PM
keep it mobile!!!!

Put all pc users on our own server imo

Orei
12-05-2010, 09:21 PM
Whats the big fuss about? I believe there are already cases of players buying gold / equipment with real money. When ao3 first released someone offered me around 30 USD for 1 million gold. It was casual chat and the player was a level 1 (maybe someone's mule). I ignored him though, thinking its probably someone who wants to get me banned. But I'm sure this black market transaction goes around from time to time.

To the devs:
Why not just allow players to buy all the high end rares with plat? Or make gold purchases with plat more attractive? That way you can curb this black market transaction and generate more revenue. Dont worry about oldies quitting because of this system, cause oldies dont buy that much plat anyway. You need new players who are poor in game, interested to play but cant spend hours hogging the game, and have a few credit cards.

Try putting up a Power Armor for 100 or 150 plat. There will be lots of players (new and old) buying it, rather than spending hours/days farming overlord with no success.

smoae
12-05-2010, 11:05 PM
I think that the pc and iPhone will not be able to run on the same servers (different wifi connection types I think).

It would work if both the device and the pc were hooked up to the same wireless network, however that's not an mmo, that would he home computer and device hooked up to home computer network. I don't think you can get a mobile device and a pc hooked up to the same global wifi network.

Pharcyde
12-05-2010, 11:34 PM
Trust me Arterra he has a great point.. 1 million gold in runescape is a hell of a lot of money but yet is only worth 5 bucks in real life money.

Platinum wont be used to convert into gold and sell for cash. Companies will just farm it themselves and sell it cheaper then conversion (They hire nerdy little kids with no money and pay them like 10% of the profits they farm)

Pharcyde
12-05-2010, 11:37 PM
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

To the devs:
Dont worry about oldies quitting
http://www.splitreason.com/Product_Images/fde32c4f7c94-xl.jpg

smoae
12-06-2010, 12:04 AM
Why does everyone ignore my important post?

Pharcyde
12-06-2010, 12:09 AM

lol because it is on page 2. Who actually reads page 2?

Durnam
12-06-2010, 12:22 AM

because this post:

I think that the pc and iPhone will not be able to run on the same servers (different wifi connection types I think).

It would work if both the device and the pc were hooked up to the same wireless network, however that's not an mmo, that would he home computer and device hooked up to home computer network. I don't think you can get a mobile device and a pc hooked up to the same global wifi network.

is completely wrong and irrelevant to the topic. It seems u dont understand what a server is base on the first part a server is simply something that every player is connected to and what hosts their interactions. so ya pc and mobile could be on same server or different server. Personally i think they should keep the server and database separate because lets face it theres a bigger edge playing on a pc vs a mobile device and i believe using a pc will make everything easier.

back to your post, your also wrong about this:
I don't think you can get a mobile device and a pc hooked up to the same global wifi network.

smoae
12-06-2010, 12:26 AM
because this post:

is completely wrong and irrelevant to the topic. It seems u dont understand what a server is base on the first part a server is simply something that every player is connected to and what hosts their interactions. so ya pc and mobile could be on same server or different server. Personally i think they should keep the server and database separate because lets face it theres a bigger edge playing on a pc vs a mobile device and i believe using a pc will make everything easier.

back to your post, your also wrong about this:
And why do you assume your right and I'm wrong?
(unless you work for a computer service in which case I fail)

Dip
12-06-2010, 04:34 AM

well Durnam is correct...if you wanna know why.. go google it and learn yourself. :)

Uctiger62
12-06-2010, 06:06 AM
All I know is that the dev's have the great potential to **** up this game for a lot of people by trying to go crazy with it. I understand trying to make a living...but sometimes you have to not try to get too carried away with yourself. If you're a ford, don't try and be a ferrari.

I know this is counter-productive, but I probably won't be buying any more plat until I see which direction they intend on expanding this game. I've bought what I did because the game was called Pocket Legends, not Desktop Legends. If they start keying towards PC's and forget about those of us on our iPhail's and dunnohowtomultitouchDroids, then I'll be keying into another game in the itunes store.

Retributionzx
12-06-2010, 07:41 AM
You guys have to understand that all of you have I devices, where there's probably plenty of people who can't afford a i device. N uctiger there's no need explaining your going to get another game from the app store. It's Sts choice and we can't change that but if it gets terrible due to pc I'm sure Sts will hear out on us

Arterra
12-06-2010, 08:33 AM

When asked (and when they answer) the devs assure us everything will be on one server.

Lesrider
12-06-2010, 09:43 AM
Ugh sorry, but terrible idea. The second you can just buy the best gear with real money, the game goes under. People can already buy gold with plat and then use that gold to buy the best gear. Leave it at that.

Have to give people a reason to play, or they simply won't. And to say that they shouldn't care about their long-time customers -- umm, people talk. If unsatisfied customers flood the Internet with reviews telling people not to spend money on the game because it's not worth it, they won't be able to pick up new players or keep their old ones. Gotta keep your customers happy.

And besides, I really hope these devs won't get so full of themselves to pull stunts like that.

Whats the big fuss about? I believe there are already cases of players buying gold / equipment with real money. When ao3 first released someone offered me around 30 USD for 1 million gold. It was casual chat and the player was a level 1 (maybe someone's mule). I ignored him though, thinking its probably someone who wants to get me banned. But I'm sure this black market transaction goes around from time to time.

To the devs:
Why not just allow players to buy all the high end rares with plat? Or make gold purchases with plat more attractive? That way you can curb this black market transaction and generate more revenue. Dont worry about oldies quitting because of this system, cause oldies dont buy that much plat anyway. You need new players who are poor in game, interested to play but cant spend hours hogging the game, and have a few credit cards.

Try putting up a Power Armor for 100 or 150 plat. There will be lots of players (new and old) buying it, rather than spending hours/days farming overlord with no success.

Lesrider
12-06-2010, 09:47 AM
You guys have to understand that all of you have I devices, where there's probably plenty of people who can't afford a i device. N uctiger there's no need explaining your going to get another game from the app store. It's Sts choice and we can't change that but if it gets terrible due to pc I'm sure Sts will hear out on us

But this is a mobile game. If I don't have an xbox (which I don't), I don't play xbox games. And iPhone users can't play pc games.

I agree, the game should stay mobile. I don't even see any attraction to playing on a pc. The only reason this game caught my attention is because I can play it anywhere I want and not be glued to a desk.

But the devs seem set on bringing it to pc, so I just hope they know what they're doing and have thought it through.

Retributionzx
12-08-2010, 07:56 AM
yeh they said they wouldn't disconnect PL from I devices so theres nothing to be afriad of. N you states you didn't want to glued to a desk well having the ability to play it any time seems like you can access it any time you unlike the PC version and many of you are worried there is going to be errors or unfair game play, from the looks many players go on the forums and STS reply constantly n it states from many reviews that STS is very active so I assume they will listen n developement the PC version so it suits PL i device players.

Phaded
12-08-2010, 08:21 AM
Where was it stated this would be on PC? I don't think it would be worth it. Great mobile game, but the simplistic levels and small world seems to not fit for a PC game.

Arterra
12-08-2010, 09:15 AM
To everyone who says that people are buying gold with PLAT, look at the prices. Who in the right mind would do that?

MoarPewPew
12-08-2010, 04:37 PM
To everyone who says that people are buying gold with PLAT, look at the prices. Who in the right mind would do that?

If you read the chatbox yesterday JustG talked about gold farmers and there concerns.

:)

MoonYeol
12-08-2010, 06:20 PM
The idea about selling high end gear in the platinum shop was pretty stupid. It's one thing to buy plat -> get gold with plat -> buy armor with gold. If there is an unlimited amount of armors ready to be brought into the game as soon as someone is willing to pay for it, the point of the game is lost. The fair thing would be to do as they've always been doing. Sell gear in the plat shop, not the best gear, but still ok. The very best is still to be farmed for. Actually I don't mind putting this game on PC. Just make it half-terrible and basically just make an iPhone-emulator or something. I would like to be able to play this game on my pc instead when I'm at home. Sure having an mmorpg on iPhone/iPod/Android is really awesome but it gets painful to play for longer periods of time. Don't want to buy an iPad just to play this game on a bigger screen.

Barbamitsos
12-11-2010, 01:04 PM
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

http://www.splitreason.com/Product_Images/fde32c4f7c94-xl.jpg

this idiot edited his post >:| if i see him ingame ill kick his ***

Retributionzx
12-11-2010, 08:19 PM
lol barb it aint a bad image though and moon i agree with you i frankly dont see the big problem with PL on PC.

bladesword
12-12-2010, 02:50 AM
Dont worry if the oldies quit
O.o Whoah there. I buy 30-60 plat a month...
Until we came to such a large community of 2000 players and above, the devs and oldies and players was involved in may actions..

bladesword
12-12-2010, 02:52 AM
Btw i disagree in PC.. -.-
1. I dun wanna lag anymore due to server over loaded with players
2. Noobs. noobs. noobs.