PDA

View Full Version : Does Quests affect Drops? O.o

TheLaw
12-02-2010, 08:46 PM
Just noticed this yesterday when i was doing Captive Audience Runs. I never did quests on Lawgiver and Diablerie, explains the Drops i get. Lets get to the point: yesterday we did the Runs with a few friends and two of my friends, who completed all Quests got Wraith, OL Rift and Vibra in 5 Rounds. Please leave your comments here, I'd like to know if this is true.

P/s: Lawgiver is currently on a Quest Rush, completed Fathom so far, anyone Interested, level not important, may join me :) Condition: Must be at appropriate levels for quests.

MoarPewPew
12-02-2010, 08:51 PM
I doubt it effects it.

Lesrider
12-02-2010, 08:54 PM
I think people are always trying to find reasons behind drops, when it's all just luck/coincidence. I hear so many crazy things about getting loot. Just accept that it's all luck!

Arterra
12-02-2010, 09:13 PM
I love the recent rumor that if you get a pink from a miniboss, you get nothing later on...

Lesrider
12-02-2010, 09:32 PM
I love the recent rumor that if you get a pink from a miniboss, you get nothing later on...

Lol heard that one too, but I THINK it was said in jest!

Arterra
12-02-2010, 09:37 PM
Lol heard that one too, but I THINK it was said in jest!

you would think so... but some people out there just cant read sarcasm over internet... and take it seriously. I think i had a person leave after a pink osiris came from a lorekeeper

Lesrider
12-02-2010, 09:40 PM
you would think so... but some people out there just cant read sarcasm over internet... and take it seriously. I think i had a person leave after a pink osiris came from a lorekeeper

Bwahahahaha!!

TheLaw
12-02-2010, 09:43 PM
Luck huh? So i think I should give up farming and PvP whole day. I have friends who have completed all quests and their "luck" is crazy! At least a Pink every round.

Arterra
12-02-2010, 09:49 PM
Luck huh? So i think I should give up farming and PvP whole day. I have friends who have completed all quests and their "luck" is crazy! At least a Pink every round.

qwertyson says he has this magic megablaster. after he got it, he is getting everything.

TheLaw
12-02-2010, 09:52 PM
qwertyson says he has this magic megablaster. after he got it, he is getting everything.

FYI, qwertyson completed all quests :) and any of the Sets improve your luck.

Lesrider
12-02-2010, 09:54 PM
Some of my friends I farm with, I love em but they come up with all these crazy things like killing with megablaster in a certain corner makes them drop the loot. Or that bonus sets increase your luck. (and if they're reading this, love you guys! :) )

The only 'pattern' I've seen is that one day we can get 4-5 drops jus between the two of us, and other days we might not see a single rare drop among the entire party. So the only pattern I see is luck and coincidence.

Lesrider
12-02-2010, 09:56 PM

Again with this. Has it been proven? I don't see how it can be. Unless a dev comes out and tells us this, it could still be luck. I run around in bonus sets all the time and I notice no difference in my luck.

Torrentula81
12-02-2010, 09:58 PM
I set pinks all the time. You know 800 gold kind.

Arterra
12-02-2010, 09:59 PM

fine this will be a questing weekend just to prove you all wrong... my bird is closer than mage so maybe time to get to 50 too...
I am so lazy at leveling... prefer joining almost done keeper games just for boss lol

TheLaw
12-02-2010, 10:01 PM
I have no idea about this, but i noticed rare drops mostly go to Paladins? I think its got something to do about how good a team player you are. (Said in the previous few updates) I have no idea to, its just a random observation. I never got any rares ever since my last Force Kite.

fine this will be a questing weekend just to prove you all wrong... my bird is closer than mage so maybe time to get to 50 too...
I am so lazy at leveling... prefer joining almost done keeper games just for boss lol

And what if, after quests, you start getting drops? Try proving yourself wrong then :)

Arterra
12-02-2010, 10:03 PM
I am not looking forward to tomes or snowball... ugh >.< also i think best player would be keeper staff mage :/

TheLaw
12-02-2010, 10:08 PM
I am not looking forward to tomes or snowball... ugh >.< also i think best player would be keeper staff mage :/

Arterra, we'll do it together, speeds quests up by a ton. Btw, Tomes & Snowball are easier now, finished my tomes yesterday within 1 hour :)

LoonnooL
12-02-2010, 10:10 PM
blah blah blah ~ next thread's title would be

"Device used to play PL affect Drops? O.o"

Lesrider
12-02-2010, 10:11 PM
Arterra, we'll do it together, speeds quests up by a ton. Btw, Tomes & Snowball are easier now, finished my tomes yesterday within 1 hour :)

They made the tomes quests much easier, but I'm pretty sure they kept the snowballs one the same (makes no diff to me bc I don't have frozen nightmares).

Arterra
12-02-2010, 10:12 PM

lol... not bad

Lesrider
12-02-2010, 10:12 PM

Lol I'm tempted to sig this, if I were into sigging quotes.

Arterra
12-02-2010, 10:14 PM
Lol I'm tempted to sig this, if I were into sigging quotes.

get into it. giant sigs are the new rage. i wonder how big i can go before dev intervention...

TheLaw
12-02-2010, 10:18 PM

You go on ahead and make that, I'll give you the credits :)

They made the tomes quests much easier, but I'm pretty sure they kept the snowballs one the same (makes no diff to me bc I don't have frozen nightmares).

I have no idea, never did LE quests before.

Lesrider
12-02-2010, 10:18 PM
Oops I just tried but it said I can only have 4 lines? I already have three, so didn't work. Might have to play with it a bit.

Edit: Arterra, yours is more than 4 lines. How'd you do it?

TheLaw
12-02-2010, 10:21 PM
Oops I just tried but it said I can only have 4 lines? I already have three, so didn't work. Might have to play with it a bit.

Edit: Arterra, yours is more than 4 lines. How'd you do it?

Arterra has a way with the Devs, get back to the topic.

Arterra
12-02-2010, 10:24 PM
i forget. topic.... searching... ah found it

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/183/d/2/Rocky_thing_by_Pokemon_Diamond.png

no thats not it...

Lesrider
12-02-2010, 10:42 PM
I have mastered the art of sigging, thanks to my teacher Arterra!

TheLaw
12-02-2010, 10:52 PM
i forget. topic.... searching... ah found it

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/183/d/2/Rocky_thing_by_Pokemon_Diamond.png

no thats not it...

Nice Pic arterra! Looks beast, that thing.

krazii
12-02-2010, 11:32 PM

You should put together a thread dedicated just to "What affects loot drops", Here's a starting list:

1. The more damage you (personally) do the boss the more likely you (personally, again) are to get the rare drop.
2. If you use the "party" emote during the fight a rare will drop.
3. The less people in your party, the greater the chance of a rare drop.
4. If you don't use pots, the greater your chance of a rare drop.
5. If you complete all the quests, the greater your chance of a rare loot drop. (credit to TheLaw)

There's 5, post them and start a thread Alterra, I'm not good at this type of stuff.

Jownz
12-03-2010, 10:58 AM
um i kinda looted a vibra battle swrod from a chest has this ever happened to anyone else

TwinkTastical
12-03-2010, 11:00 AM
God, i love you posts.

You didnt, dont lie.

Arterra
12-03-2010, 11:14 AM
Lol next will be wriath armor from Common alien.

Cmandial
12-03-2010, 11:31 AM
I got wraith armor from a goblin in Wylwood. I promise...

relayer
12-03-2010, 12:37 PM
Doing Keeper last night..a group member was saying..well drops are going to suck because some died. They were right..the drops did suck :)

FluffNStuff
12-03-2010, 12:52 PM
I got a Void Wraith drop when I was lounging around in only my underwear, so I figure that is the key. Problem is, I am now banned from riding the bus.

Lesrider
12-03-2010, 01:37 PM
Lol Fluff. Yep, the bosses like when you're vulnerable, so they reward you.

Wyvern
12-03-2010, 01:46 PM
I got a vyxnaar before vyxnaar spawned. *dramatic pause*

Lesrider
12-03-2010, 11:07 PM
Oh oh! Got a good one for you! I was just hunting vyxnaar. Just as I'm about to take a break, someone loots a pink avian helm. Then another dude says we have to go somewhere else now bc a pink dropped and the chance is back down to 0 lol. I tell him it's nonsense, and the next (and last) vyxnar drops a pink helm for him. Even if I didn't get a pink, at least it set someone straight on this nonsense lol.

Pharcyde
12-04-2010, 12:16 AM
Some dude told me "Don't use spells, they lower your drop chance".

I can't wait to play with that one paranoid OCD guy who has to spin around three times, only take one chest then hit the boss once then hit another chest then take all your gear off then slap the boss put all your gear back on then hit the last chest then do a rain dance in real life and then let the boss heal and repeat the process four times over until he thinks he has it perfect.

Lesrider
12-04-2010, 12:39 AM
Lol bet there's someone out there who read this and now believes he has to do all that.

Pharcyde
12-04-2010, 12:49 AM
You know there is too..

http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/1005/if-youre-ocd-may-challenge-ocd-demotivational-poster-1274211501.jpg

gwippy
12-04-2010, 12:53 AM
I think people are always trying to find reasons behind drops, when it's all just luck/coincidence. I hear so many crazy things about getting loot. Just accept that it's all luck!

thats a sure lie i got pink off djinn and dark matter off btoxx

Lesrider
12-04-2010, 12:55 AM

And your point is...? How was I lying?

Pharcyde
12-04-2010, 12:59 AM

and I got a voodoo spoon off of a croc boss and a big helping full of ping from a mob. We care why?

Dran
12-04-2010, 02:04 AM
I dont think that would affect anything.