PDA

View Full Version : Mythic Scorch has same damage/crit as Legendary pet?

Zylx
02-22-2014, 12:30 AM
http://i500.photobucket.com/albums/e404/ZylxSigShop/Screenshot_2014-02-21-21-16-16_zps0ec8b160.png
http://i500.photobucket.com/albums/e404/ZylxSigShop/Screenshot_2014-02-21-21-16-05_zps8622a950.png

I used Talon (legendary pet) and compared him to Scorch (Mythic pet) at the same level, and i notice that Scorch has the same damage/crit. As far as i know, mythic pets are supposed to have more damage and crit chance than legendaries and below. Or am i wrong?

Solid
02-22-2014, 12:33 AM
Plot twist: Talon has same dmg and crit has mythic pets.

iacito
02-22-2014, 01:05 AM
All mythic pets have the same damage as legendary pets...always been that way.

utpal
02-22-2014, 01:32 AM
*facepalm*
refer to glutonny's guide "pet system ". it is sticky thread in AL pet section

Zylx
02-22-2014, 01:33 AM
Ive always thought the damage/crit scales with rarity.

Morholt
02-22-2014, 01:39 AM
Legendary & mythic pets have the same damage/crit values.

Sts has said the reason is because their bonuses, passives, and abilities are what make them such powerful, mythic tier pets (and that making them having higher damage & crit would make the gap too great between legendary and mythic pets).

Oddly, though...Haze (a legendary pet) has a similar yet better happiness bonus, and Scorch's passive ability is the same as a lvl 15 Guapo (yes, the starter pet). But hey, his arcane is pretty nice, though, right?!

Nesox
02-22-2014, 03:30 AM
+1550hp pretty much beats most stat/crit/dmg buffs.

Toy
02-22-2014, 04:01 AM
I have both talon and scorch too. Trust me, if you are a rogue, if you see the difference for sure. Playing with scorch just make you feel like playing in a whole new level

baddiva
02-22-2014, 10:43 AM
+1550hp pretty much beats most stat/crit/dmg buffs.

But it's only happen every 25 sec.. if it was dmg/stat, it happens everytime

Kakashis
02-22-2014, 01:51 PM
But it's only happen every 25 sec.. if dmg/stat, it happens everytime

I don't think u understand the full power of Scorch. At endgame anyways, what happens is that we die sometimes due to not being able to pot fast enough. Imagine you're doing damage and suddenly you pull aggro and need to survive as you can't pot fast enough. Well an instant 1550hp will do just that! I see this pet as very useful at end game. Apparently it's pretty awesome at twink levels too for guild battles as well. Cool thing is that you only need max 2 in a war and someone else in guild already has it probably!

Nesox
02-22-2014, 03:22 PM
Mage shield is the same and there is a reason we all rely on it rather than offense.

Hectororius
02-22-2014, 04:06 PM
Oddly, though...Haze (a legendary pet) has a similar yet better happiness bonus, and Scorch's passive ability is the same as a lvl 15 Guapo (yes, the starter pet). But hey, his arcane is pretty nice, though, right?!

Actually, Guapo and Scorch are very different in their Passives. Scorch hits multiple targets and reduces damage by 15%, Guapo still only hits one target, and reduces armor by 10%. the movement reduction however is the same at 30%

Yes, Haze should probably be mythic. Thankfully, He's only 90 plat.... I was kinda hoping that the scorch would have been a souped up malison/haze hybrid with some AOE AA like Abaddon. It can still happen :)

Morholt
02-22-2014, 07:01 PM
Actually, Guapo and Scorch are very different in their Passives. Scorch hits multiple targets and reduces damage by 15%, Guapo still only hits one target, and reduces armor by 10%. the movement reduction however is the same at 30%

Yes, Haze should probably be mythic. Thankfully, He's only 90 plat.... I was kinda hoping that the scorch would have been a souped up malison/haze hybrid with some AOE AA like Abaddon. It can still happen :)Yea, not the same exact passive, but it's roughly on the same lvl of a 10,000 gold pet. It's more of the fact that mythic pets are supposed to have sick passives compared to even a legendary pet...and yet the starter pet's passive is comparable? We shouldn't even be talking about a rare pet's passive as a comparison to a mythic's.

Haze is quite nasty and close to being mythic. I always felt like if he had +15 str in place of mana regen (and maybe a slightly enhanced arcane) he'd make a terrific mythic pet.

I was hoping Scorch would be similar to what you were thinking. Some +all stats, some damage, some speed, and a nice AOE arcane.
Hopefully something happens...I think everyone had much higher expectations out of Scorch.