PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite Zelda title?

Hook
02-22-2014, 06:05 AM
We all love Zelda games. & from dozens to choose from, I'd just like to hear which title you love, regardless of the console. I've played most of the titles, not necessarily finished them all, but for the majority I've played enough of them to be a fan of the series.

My favorite is and will always be Link's Awakening. I hope one day, sooner than later, it gets the remake it deserves.
And who can forget the "Ballad of the Wind Fish"?
If you are a 90's kid, you are more then likely going to recognize this theme & might even bring you back memories.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPWEJMGxTBs&feature=youtube_gdata_player

What is your favorite title?

Laar
02-22-2014, 01:34 PM
I'd have to say the Wind Waker, I love the cartoonish graphics and the gameplay is pretty awesome in general.

Reunegade
02-22-2014, 02:31 PM
Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask on the original console, bawz

Hook
02-22-2014, 02:51 PM
Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask on the original console, bawz

I would put Ocarina of Time as my 2nd favorite.
I remember playing it all day on my N64.
Good times.
:)

Hook
02-22-2014, 02:53 PM
I'd have to say the Wind Waker, I love the cartoonish graphics and the gameplay is pretty awesome in general.

Nice :)

XghostzX
02-22-2014, 03:28 PM
Super Smash bros > Zelda for n64

Caiahar
02-22-2014, 03:58 PM
Super Smash bros > Zelda for n64
Lol.

Tbh, I've always liked the adventure in LoZ titles, and the storyline. My favorite would be Ocarina of time, but since I didn't have console for it, I play at relatives house. Since its for 3Ds now, I have much more fun.

DocDoBig
02-22-2014, 04:20 PM
Majoras Mask for me.

What happened to BEN? :p

Zylx
02-24-2014, 02:56 AM
My favorite to least favorite (of all the ones ive played):
1.) Ocarina of Time
2.) Wind Waker
3.) Twilight Princess
4.) Skyward Sword
5.) Link to the Past
6.) Majora's Mask
7.) Link's Awakening
8.) Four Swords Adventure
9.) Spirit Tracks

DocDoBig
02-24-2014, 03:12 AM
1.) Ocarina of Time
2.) Wind Waker
3.) Twilight Princess
4.) Skyward Sword
5.) Link to the Past
6.) Majora's Mask
7.) Link's Awakening
9.) Spirit Tracks

Is fours swords even a main game? It was quickly over for me. ;)

Hook
02-24-2014, 03:25 AM
Is fours swords even a main game? It was quickly over for me. ;)

I believe so, I never played it, but I think it came out with some re-release special.

DocDoBig
02-24-2014, 03:28 AM
I believe so, I never played it, but I think it came out with some re-release special.

Alright, I played it, too. Don't remember where and when though. ;)

Hook
02-24-2014, 03:29 AM
1.) Ocarina of Time
2.) Wind Waker
3.) Twilight Princess
4.) Skyward Sword
5.) Link to the Past
6.) Majora's Mask
7.) Link's Awakening
9.) Spirit Tracks

SkyWard sword was amazing. I think it was one of the easiest Zelda titles to finish.

Nevertheless, great great fun. Only because the Wii capabilities made it that much better.

Hook
02-24-2014, 03:36 AM

Alright, I played it, too. Don't remember where and when though. ;)

Ok I had to look it up because I was half lost about it.

Apparently there was two "four swords" titles.

One for the gameboy advance which came included in the Link to the Past remake. That's the exact one I was referring to.

But there was a Four Swords title all on its own, that came out later for the Gamecube.

I have never played neither so I wouldn't know what the differences between them are. I just know they are multiplayer dungeon games Lol.

DocDoBig
02-24-2014, 03:39 AM
Lol wuuut, I played Four Swords on my DSi (ye I had one), it was some special free offer for Zeldas anniversary last year I guess.

Zylx
02-24-2014, 03:59 AM
Hehe i played four swords on the gamecube. It was an ok game. I dont hate any of the Zelda games (because theyre zelda games :)), but it was a hit and miss for me. My favorite zelda games are the 3D ones. Although i do love Link to the Past for the Super Nintendo. I forgot to place the original Legend of Zelda for the NES. It would be somewhere between Majora's Mask and Link to the Past. Had so many memories c:. OoT was (and prob still is) my all-time favorite game ever. I remember coming home with the sole hope of playing it. I even stepped on a toothpick once to play it (because my parent tried to limit my video game time). I dreamed of roaming the hylian fields with my trusty epona and killing all the dead-deads :D. Wind Waker was a classic for me. It was one of the very first video games i have played on the GC. I loved the graphics and the story was incredible. It was such a good game. i should stop geeking this thread with my LoZ rants :D

Hook
02-24-2014, 04:04 AM
Lol wuuut, I played Four Swords on my DSi (ye I had one), it was some special free offer for Zeldas anniversary last year I guess.

The one you got on the DSi was most likely the GameCube version. I found out the Four Swords on the GBA was just a short game, not a full blown game.

Hook
02-24-2014, 04:08 AM
Hehe i played four swords on the gamecube. It was an ok game. I dont hate any of the Zelda games (because theyre zelda games :)), but it was a hit and miss for me. My favorite zelda games are the 3D ones. Although i do love Link to the Past for the Super Nintendo. I forgot to place the original Legend of Zelda for the NES. It would be somewhere between Majora's Mask and Link to the Past. Had so many memories c:. OoT was (and prob still is) my all-time favorite game ever. I remember coming home with the sole hope of playing it. I even stepped on a toothpick once to play it (because my parent tried to limit my video game time). I dreamed of roaming the hylian fields with my trusty epona and killing all the dead-deads :D. Wind Waker was a classic for me. It was one of the very first video games i have played on the GC. I loved the graphics and the story was incredible. It was such a good game. i should stop geeking this thread with my LoZ rants :D

I feel you on Ocarina of time.

That and Banjo Kazooie were classics for the N64.

Im probably older than you, but similarly, I couldn't wait to get home from school to play Oracle of Ages/Seasons & Links awakening on my GBC. ;) lol.

Caiahar
02-24-2014, 10:53 AM
I have four swords on my Dsi, but it wasn't much of a story tbh. Just something to keep u entertained.

All for one, and one for all.

DocDoBig
02-24-2014, 05:16 PM
Time to look for old Gamecubes and Gameboys on ebay. ;)

Trenton
02-24-2014, 07:55 PM
I send you my GBA hun^

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

MightyMicah
02-24-2014, 08:30 PM
Ocarina of time forever! Although I did enjoy Twilight princess a lot!

Hook
02-24-2014, 10:26 PM
Time to look for old Gamecubes and Gameboys on ebay. ;)

Lol just download the emulators and roms on your phone or pc :) that's how I managed to play the old zelda titles i used to own for the gbc and gba.
:p
The N64 and PSX emulators for Android work great.

Petrichor
02-25-2014, 10:27 AM

Im probably older than you, but similarly, I couldn't wait to get home from school to play Oracle of Ages/Seasons & Links awakening on my GBC. ;) lol.

Oh do not get me started on Banjo Kazooie!! All time favourite childhood game without a doubt. :tongue:

Oh, and I really enjoyed twilight princess and ocarina of time

Hook
02-25-2014, 04:16 PM

Oh do not get me started on Banjo Kazooie!! All time favourite childhood game without a doubt. :tongue:

Oh, and I really enjoyed twilight princess and ocarina of time

:D Yea Banjo Kazooie stole most of my day's hours. Games were definitely funner back in the day.

Deadroth
03-03-2014, 03:05 AM
I suppouse i will say some words.

The best title for me is... BAH!

Ex aequo!

FIRST

- Ocarina of Time
- Twilight Princess
- Wind Waker

SECOND

- Skyward Sword
- Majoras Mask

THIRD

- TLoZ ALBW

Other good:

TLoZ I / II
FS
PH
OOA
OOS
ST

(All finished 100%)

Infectivity
03-03-2014, 02:02 PM
Twilight Princess :D the Story is dark and deep :P

Hook
03-05-2014, 05:32 AM
I suppouse i will say some words.

The best title for me is... BAH!

Ex aequo!

FIRST

- Ocarina of Time
- Twilight Princess
- Wind Waker

SECOND

- Skyward Sword
- Majoras Mask

THIRD

- TLoZ ALBW

Other good:

TLoZ I / II
FS
PH
OOA
OOS
ST

(All finished 100%)

Wow you finished em all? Great job. I've only finished ocarina, awakening, minish cap, ages/seasons and skyward.

I haven't beaten the originals on the Nes/Snes. I need to :(

Hook
03-05-2014, 05:40 AM
Twilight Princess :D the Story is dark and deep :P

I played about half of it, same with majoras mask, but I must say link's awakening has the darkest, if not the second darkest story of the series.

Think about it. He was in a world (dream), where the monsters were keepin that world alive.

The monsters were not bothering human kind. Proof of that is, the monsters were always away from the towns. Plus, the real evil was sealed in an egg.

And what did link do? He awoken the evil that wasn't harming anyone, and destroyed it , EVEN THOUGH he was told that if he destroyed the evil, he would destroy everyone on the island along with himself.

Basically, his "love" for Marin ment nothing to him.

You may argue it was all a "dream" but the matter of the fact is Link never knew it was a dream. He chose to destroy everything regardless.

:D Ok that's today's Zelda lesson!

xcainnblecterx
03-10-2014, 06:16 PM
Pretty sure ive played em all from snes to ds but the one that stands out to me is minish cap. Had some very diffrent mechanics compared to previous zelda games. Besides that one itd be the one that started it all and thats legend of zelda lol. Game breaking

Hook
03-17-2014, 10:47 PM
Pretty sure ive played em all from snes to ds but the one that stands out to me is minish cap. Had some very diffrent mechanics compared to previous zelda games. Besides that one itd be the one that started it all and thats legend of zelda lol. Game breaking

I tried getting into the minish cap, but somehow it got really boring. I prefer the oracle of ages/ seasons storyline over it. I think shrinking over & over made it annoying.
& mechanics wise, skyward sword beats them all :)

(I havent played link between worlds, so idk how the mechanics are there).