PDA

View Full Version : Wanting Your Opinion: Make New Account or Buy New Character?

Winnerhead34
02-22-2014, 03:16 PM
On SL, I encounter many players with multiple charcters. If you are one of them or want to be one, which of these choices do you think is better?

1. Making a new account
This includes using another email.

2. Buying a new character
This includes using five platinum to get another character on the same account

My opinions (could be wrong since I'm kinda new):

1. +++ If you have two or more devices with SL: You can play both accounts at same time. You can trade all items and credits with one trade.
--- You cant transport Platinum

2. +++ Dont need to have two devices with SL. Easy to remember and organized. Can use platinum for both characters without seperately earning/buying them.
--- Cannot use both characters at same time. Takes longer to transport items with only stash (unless you trade items to another account then trade it to another character.)

FluidShot
02-22-2014, 05:07 PM
Depends how much you need to transport between them. I have 245 stash slots, and transferring only takes an extra few minutes.
It is easier to switch between them, and the shared platinum makes spending easier.

Overall, I'd say spend the 5 plat, it just plain works better.

DocDoBig
02-22-2014, 05:16 PM
I vote for the 5 plat, it's much more comfort.

Dragoonclaws
02-22-2014, 09:45 PM
Good Things about having 2 different accounts.

- You can double log in on 2 different devices and level up both characters. Furthermore, you save 5 plats, good for 50 extra inventory

- If you have a commando and an engineer. your commando could tank and the engineer at the back would heal him and profit of the XP.

- For transferring items, easy: click on your char>give>the item... done

Note: If you do make 2 accounts and can't double log in, DO NOT give your password to anyone so he can help you.

Good Things about having 2 characters

- You do not need 2 devices to transfer items and credits

- You can share platinums between the two characters

- You can share untradeable items

- You can switch between characters faster than switching between accounts

Cahaun
02-23-2014, 08:14 AM
I just do both options for maximum effect.

Winnerhead34
02-23-2014, 05:09 PM
I agree with this also. This way, if you do have two devices with SL, you can double trade to transport items without buying stash slots

Winnerhead34
02-23-2014, 05:10 PM
Nice

ZeroBlu
02-24-2014, 01:16 PM
I vote 5 plat -_-

DivineMyth
02-24-2014, 02:42 PM
i also like to do both 5 plat and making a new character. :D