PDA

View Full Version : No XP Maps for Pet?

Xanhast
02-23-2014, 02:40 AM
I noticed that now that I'm at a higher level (23), when I go back to some of the earlier maps (e.g. Brackenridge), it says it's a No XP zone. I assume that means I don't gain any exp points by running this map.

But, my PETS were still leveling in those maps.

Is that ALWAYS the case? Or, once the pet reaches a certain level, do they stop gaining XP on lower level maps, too?

DocDoBig
02-23-2014, 04:45 AM
Indeed, I believe it's when the pet reaches the level where your character doesn't gain XP anymore.

Xanhast
02-23-2014, 04:54 AM
Thanks for that. Is there, by any chance, a list of maps and exp caps? I don't recall what level I was at when I stopped getting xp. But, I love taking my pets through maps where they get xp and not me. That allows me to have pets at my level instead of me always being several levels ahead.

DocDoBig
02-23-2014, 05:16 AM
Thanks for that. Is there, by any chance, a list of maps and exp caps? I don't recall what level I was at when I stopped getting xp. But, I love taking my pets through maps where they get xp and not me. That allows me to have pets at my level instead of me always being several levels ahead.

Hmm, looks like there is no official guide regarding that. (Will be time someone makes one. ;))

Well, out of my head I believe for Brackenbridge the XP gain stops once you (or your pet) hit lvl 13. Then you can add up 10 levels for the next campaign, means at 23 stops in Ydra Forest / Dead city.

Not guaranteed though, you have to find it out on your own I guess.

grumpy
02-23-2014, 10:05 AM
I believe pet level (like your own character's level) scales to the mob. This is why even if you are capped, a lvl1 pet will still earn EXP in say, backenridge even if you dont. The pet will earn exp up until your own character level, then progression will stop. Also since exp scales, I believe that if your pet is high level, it will also no longer earn exp on lower level maps once the gap is big enough. I'm not sure if STS ever made an official statement regarding that but this is just my observation.