PDA

View Full Version : Connection impossible since recent changes, claiming money back...

Sukhumvit
12-03-2010, 04:26 AM
My dear friends,

As it has been discussed in few other threads, since recent changes in hosting servers, few (many ?) users from different places, different ISPs, are unable to connect anymore.

As an online service provider, I would make some efforts to fix this, and would get it fixed.
Sadly, the position of dev here is "sorry there is nothing we can do...".

So we are not able to play anymore to this game due to network engineers not able to do their job properly, I'm fine with that, there are plenty other games we can play.

My concern is that this "free" game is nothing but free, and we all spent cash to buy ingame platinum, which is required to progress.

As we are not able to play anymore, I expect someone from a customer service to contact me and provide reimbursement for the spent money, and I would advice anyone in the same situation to claim the same...

Cheers

krazii
12-03-2010, 09:57 AM
I agree, I am able to connect, buy since the inception of PL for droid, my ping, lag, delay, whatever you want to call it has been much higher, went from 200 ish, to generally 1000. Dev's is this something you can look into and fix?

Futumsh
12-03-2010, 10:03 AM
There's little we can do about your isp (or their peers) blocking connections to our servers. We've posted the relevant information repeatedly if you wish to contact your isp to have them fix the problem, but there is simply nothing that can be done from our end.

Torrentula81
12-03-2010, 10:33 AM
On droid.x.and have been having erratic ping as well. Before recent patcch everything was fine.

addiekai
12-03-2010, 10:44 AM
The thing is Futumsh, this problem came about when 1.5 came out. I never had a problem with connecting to PL before then.

Anyways, looks like the end of the game for me...

TwinkTastical
12-03-2010, 10:58 AM
I bet you spent 5-15 dollars.

addiekai
12-03-2010, 11:07 AM
Try $150.

>.>

Justg
12-03-2010, 11:26 AM
As we are not able to play anymore...

I see you logging in yesterday and today on your account, can you please clarify what you mean?

addiekai
12-03-2010, 11:37 AM
Oh man... I got to post this again.... :o

http://shortsaledailynews.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/busted.jpg

addiekai
12-03-2010, 11:40 AM
Or this... :o

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/funny-pictures-adorable-kitten.jpg

Sukhumvit
12-03-2010, 12:06 PM
I see you logging in yesterday and today on your account, can you please clarify what you mean?

I keep trying again and again and agin. As already explained the authentication goes through but can't connect to patch/game servers.
I also tried through wifi from home doing some tests, so yes you might have seen me online few minutes yesterday, however there is no interest for me to play this game from home...

And again you say there is nothing you can do... You changed your infrastructure, we can't play anymore, and there is nothing you can do ? this is ridiculous.
I would be ashamed to say this to my customers if after a migration they would not have access anymore to the service they pay for.

Sukhumvit
12-03-2010, 12:14 PM
There's little we can do about your isp (or their peers) blocking connections to our servers. We've posted the relevant information repeatedly if you wish to contact your isp to have them fix the problem, but there is simply nothing that can be done from our end.

Having read few posts it is not only 1 ISP in 1 country that has the problem, and this is right after your change, would be enough for me to have a serious look into this matter rather than keep saying this is the ISPs fault.

Edit:
And yes this is not your fault if the new IPs you have been allocated are blocked somewhere, but YOU are the customer of your ISP/authority who allocated you those addresses, if they give you addresses that prevent your customers to access your service, then fight for have this sorted, this is not accepable!

Justg
12-03-2010, 12:28 PM
We did not change our infrastructure, and of course we are serious about looking into it. We understand that you are upset but we would ask that you accurately represent your claims and keep a level tone about it.

Futumsh
12-03-2010, 12:31 PM
For those that may be troubleshooting this issue from their end, or their isp:
If you're able to authenticate, but unable to connect for patching, specifically, then that means you are unable to establish an outgoing tcp connection to 50.16.241.233, port 4082.

Sukhumvit
12-03-2010, 12:40 PM
I apologize for my tone, sincerely, but yes i am upset. (however i don't think my tone is that bad).

You said in another post about the same issue (you or another dev, sorry i forgot) that you are using new IP addresses for your servers, and admit some routing problems after this change. Is that not an infrastructure change ?

FluffNStuff
12-03-2010, 01:05 PM
We pass data unrestricted, and have no bars set on the domainname / IP-addresses you provided. It is possible that compression affects the accessibility of the game, but again, there has been no recent change to that.

What if this is not an IP issue but their compression affecting the authentication of data between the phone and the server? [Yes, is double post but there are double threads on same issue]

Sukhumvit
12-03-2010, 02:26 PM
Using a workaround now though vpn connection on my mobile, at least i can play again when away from home.

Alias_TheMax
12-03-2010, 03:09 PM
Using a workaround now though vpn connection on my mobile, at least i can play again when away from home.

I'm having the same problem as you and I would like to have more information about VPN connection :P

If a DEV or you (Sukhumvit) could do a little guide about it, it would be appreciate ^^ (PM me or post it here, i don't matter)

Sukhumvit
12-03-2010, 03:32 PM
I already had a vpn provider subscription (vyprvpn) and just configured a pptp vpn on my mobile device to access it, that is the lazy way. You can off course do it with no subscription, setup pptp on your home computer, configure the vpn client side on your mobile device and connect to Internet through your home computer (this is assuming you can access the game from your home network). I can post more guidelines later on if you want.

Alias_TheMax
12-03-2010, 04:32 PM
(this is assuming you can access the game from your home network).

Well if I'm not able to connect at home so even if I create pptp it won't work. Am I right ?

Torrentula81
12-03-2010, 05:49 PM
Read in other threads its vadafone isp giving people issues. Vpn is popular within torrent community to prevent isp blocking connections or monitoring. Since you require this its prob an isp issue. Get a friend with the same isp and region see if they can connect. Should confirm things.

Futumsh
12-03-2010, 05:59 PM
If you also can't connect from your home network, try using a tcp traceroute tool, to 50.16.241.233, and see what the results are.

Here's one for windows: http://www.goheer.com/products/tcptraceroute/

addiekai
12-03-2010, 06:06 PM
I'll get on that once I get home.

Do I post the results here Futumsh?