PDA

View Full Version : Scorch Shield drops when hit by an archer in KM3

Frohnatur
02-23-2014, 11:38 PM
Title says it. When an Archer hits me, the shield immediatly drops. This must be a bug.

Also: the mana regen is a joke at endgame. Please replace it with a big health boost, since this pet makes my health stat look like at level 26.

So far I'm very disappointed. It would be a nice defensive pet with the shield and all, but the loss in health makes it a dangerous pet instead.

To add something positive, I like the speed boost. Would make it perfect for flagging or soloing, if it wouldnt be for the bad health stat.

Solid
02-23-2014, 11:49 PM
Pretty sure scorch does have a speed boost, the mana boost is OK.

Hammerjaw has 8 m/s and I appreciate that.

Toy
02-24-2014, 01:08 AM
Low level twinks really like the mana regen. Unlike PvE you cant use pots.

Please note that not all pets are for endgames :)

Kakashis
02-24-2014, 01:52 AM
Mana Gen is set in stone if you didn't like that and the lack of hp, you didn't have to buy! But your point about archer taking down shield in one shot sounds buggy! I've never died in km3 in a long time except when I used Scorch with shielding on go figure. I don't get why I'm still taking damage when it's still proc!

Ravager
02-24-2014, 02:10 AM
Mana Gen is set in stone if you didn't like that and the lack of hp, you didn't have to buy! But your point about archer taking down shield in one shot sounds buggy! I've never died in km3 in a long time except when I used Scorch with shielding on go figure. I don't get why I'm still taking damage when it's still proc!

Its not an invulnerability shield. Damage reduction for me was about 40%. The shield does seem to go down prematurely at times.

Zynzyn
02-24-2014, 07:56 AM
Bought the pet for mana regen, crit and speed. The rest are bonuses. The shield needs to be reliable. I would prefer a 3 sec invulnerability shield over a 10 second dmg reduction one.

wvhills
02-24-2014, 10:11 AM
i've heard the shield absorbs 1500 damage when max level. it may be the archer got a hard crit on u. if ur scorch isn't max level then the damage absorbed will be less than 1500. mana regen sucks and has no business being in a mythic pet. They should change it to a mana regain %. Like u gain x% of ur mana every x amount of seconds. That way end game people will be able to use it also. As it is our mana pools are so large that u can't even notice +8 mana regen.

Frohnatur
02-24-2014, 11:05 AM
I'm not saying I get damage, I say the shield DROPS prematurely when an mob-archer hits me. That the shield absorbs only that much of dmg I'm totally aware of and I can live with it. But not that it drops even half a second after I build it up and then an archer hits me. I reproduced the bug and it appears steady, not only occasional.

My twink rogue lvl 21 has about 1000 mana. Now: what good does a +8 mana do me here? Throws that twink level pet argument out of the window.

Also what good does mana do to me, when I got no health boost? Especially at twink pvp? I die at the first aimed shot directed at me. No use anywhere for that laughable mana boost.

The worst myth pet sts put out so far in my opinion. And I own them ALL.

Hectororius
02-24-2014, 11:07 AM
i've heard the shield absorbs 1500 damage when max level. it may be the archer got a hard crit on u. if ur scorch isn't max level then the damage absorbed will be less than 1500. mana regen sucks and has no business being in a mythic pet. They should change it to a mana regain %. Like u gain x% of ur mana every x amount of seconds. That way end game people will be able to use it also. As it is our mana pools are so large that u can't even notice +8 mana regen.

I completely agree with the change to % based mana regen. But I think they have been having issues trying to find a balance with it not completely breaking the game in terms of creating an infinite mana situation at higher levels.

I dont know why they can't do the same thing they did for the shield where its based on level and not a static value.

All it would need to be is 1-2% and nothing more.

Hectororius
02-24-2014, 11:10 AM
They went +mana instead of +INT to avoid players getting that HP/stat boost imo.

I pull aggro so at first i thought i just lost my shield cuz of all the damage i'm taking as a tank, but maybe it is glitched.