PDA

View Full Version : Scorch shield formula should be adjusted.

Leoyo
02-23-2014, 11:57 PM
My scorch pet is level 35 now, and I did some test in elite shuyal map.
I find the biggest problem of scorch shield is the LOW HP.
I just get one shot attack form elite mob and then the scorch shield broken.

Therefore, the so-called 10 sec duration buff is almost meaningless.
In actual, the scorch shield broken only 1-2 sec in elite shuyal map.

It goes without saying that scorch doesn't have impressive happy bonus n passive ability.
The only one thing worthy to mention is its arcane ability : shield buff.

I suppose that sts should adjust the formula of scorch shield for matching the pet "mythic status".

Solid
02-24-2014, 12:08 AM
Grimm is a mythic pet as well, also in elites you can always potion if shield breaks in PvP the shield is great.

Morholt
02-24-2014, 12:26 AM
I've already pointed out that the shield buff will only buy you like 2 seconds in an elite map. At least with a panic pet, like Slag, he gives you some saftey time AND the ability to move away.

But the shield being buffed up could make PvP even less enjoyable. Warriors already are juggernauts...and now they have an extra shield. Changing something for pve could make a huge change and issue in PvP.

I don't see much reason for anyone to get this pet for pve purposes. However, it certainly has some usefulness in PvP.

faefaefae
02-24-2014, 12:52 AM
leo,
dev has already confirmed that at lv 36, the shield would be able to absorb 1550 damage. this means that the shield will disappear when it takes 1550 damage or after 10s, whichever is earlier.
elite shuyal mobs hit hard. thats why yr shield disappear within 10s

Kakashis
02-24-2014, 01:44 AM
I think it's buggy. I posted in the bug/suggestions forum! I think the problem is that even when proc at max, you still get damaged before the shield absorbs the initial 1550! It's almost like a damage reduction and not a true 100% shield protection. And I agree about hp too! I never die in km3 until I used Scorch yesterday -_-" I just wish the shield did a true 1550 absorb and you only take damage once you see it's physically gone.

Anarchist
02-24-2014, 02:44 AM
Maybe in the Elite dragon cave maps the sheild might last 30 miliseconds....

Morholt
02-24-2014, 03:04 AM
Haha, Elite. I think the shield gains an extra 200 or so damage absorb at lvl 41? Hmm, yea...I think lvl 41 elites are going to hit plenty hard enough to smash through Scorch's shield.

Zynzyn
02-24-2014, 03:17 AM
Scorch is one of the cutest pets with its animations and colours. But I do have a few dissappointments about its AA and passive ability. The AA shield of scorch seemed to be awesome on paper. It is in reality, unreliable to me. It does not give invulnerability for a few seconds until the intended amount of dmg is absorbed, what it does is only damage reduction.

Whether this is a bug or its working as it should is unknown to me. The shield lasts 10 seconds, only when it is applied out of combat. In combat, which is what matters, it lasts for like 2 seconds and that too you keep taking a certain amount of damage until it disappears. Now why this is bad in my opinion is because Scorch does not give any hp and this weak little shield makes me very squishy. Scorch needed some hp, for it to be popular or the amount of damage it absorbs needs to be increased.

The shield has been disappointing and to be honest the passive ability is nothing mythic. As Kakashi stated, I too "wish the shield did a true 1550 absorb and you only take damage once you see it's physically gone". After using Scorch, I realize that till now, the speed boost and much-needed mana regen and mana, are the only things that I like. The passive ability needs to be changed into something good such as a ranged attack and atleast some dmg% can be added to its current stats for it to be a truly mythic pet.

falmear
02-24-2014, 03:44 AM
This is how mage's arcane shield work. This is what Scorch's arcane ability does. Not surprised to see complaints about this. This is what mages have complained about. I don't know what the damage reduction is but it's probably like 30%. Since this is what arcane shield does. So taking damage is expected while shield is up. When shield take a certain amount of damage it fails. Whether 1550 is too little is hard to say but it was never intended to provide 100% protection.

chitgoks
02-24-2014, 04:02 AM
im not sure cuz when i use scorch i get pisssd off a lot because i die. first time i died 3x in km3.

i even thought there was scratch cuz i didnt see. this pet sucks

Leoyo
02-24-2014, 04:08 AM
Indeed, extra shield too long duration seems a another problem in PvP mode.
In my opinion, scorch shield maybe can be designed as different rules in PvE n PvP mode just like some skills made before.
( For example, Time shift skill can "ROOT" mobs in PvE mode but cant in PVP mode,
Another example is the 5% instant death effect of Samael AA. )

After all, not all players only focus on PvP mode.
:)

I hope that Scorch also performance well in PvE for taking care BOTH PvP n PvE users.

I've already pointed out that the shield buff will only buy you like 2 seconds in an elite map. At least with a panic pet, like Slag, he gives you some saftey time AND the ability to move away.

But the shield being buffed up could make PvP even less enjoyable. Warriors already are juggernauts...and now they have an extra shield. Changing something for pve could make a huge change and issue in PvP.

I don't see much reason for anyone to get this pet for pve purposes. However, it certainly has some usefulness in PvP.

Hoardseeker
02-24-2014, 09:15 AM
Indeed, extra shield too long duration seems a another problem in PvP mode.
In my opinion, scorch shield maybe can be designed as different rules in PvE n PvP mode just like some skills made before.
( For example, Time shift skill can "ROOT" mobs in PvE mode but cant in PVP mode,
Another example is the 5% instant death effect of Samael AA. )

After all, not all players only focus on PvP mode.

I hope that Scorch also performance well in PvE for taking care BOTH PvP n PvE users.

think about mages and don't buff the shield :S

It makes rogue OP!

Pandorix
02-24-2014, 09:37 AM
I think that shield shouldnt be a apsorb...like 15-20%dmg reduction shield for 10sec would be extra.
Still from other side warrs would be overpowered even more in pvp with it...lets kick all warrs from game and have fun :/

Sent from Vox TV via...wait,what?

Frekken
02-24-2014, 12:14 PM
Dunno... but I don't see too much mages complaining about this.... We've dealing with this forever.
You ppl seriously expected some 90dam reduction in 10secs? Lol

FluffNStuff
02-24-2014, 12:22 PM
At level 25 it absorbs 250 damage ... which is a 250 health bump. BLAH!

Wonder if that 1550 is actually a total for the group so like 360 per person at 36 ??? Can someone who has it at 36 test the personal damage reduction?

BLAH!!!

Anarchist
02-24-2014, 12:46 PM
My God i think Sts got us again... *sigh*

Lets be sincere apart from his stats Scorch is a monster pet but only when you are running a elite map with the party twisting at least 3-4 scorchs you can really feel his tremendous power.
So you are forced to make everyone in your favourite party buy him if you want to taste his true power.

Guys go get them scorchs!

Scorch! Scorch! Scorch!

epicrrr
02-24-2014, 04:16 PM
A lot of scorch on my bracket already 10-11, and shield is well balanced atm imo.