PDA

View Full Version : Whim pet good for mage?

will0
02-24-2014, 08:00 PM
Happiness Bonus: +25 primary stat, +10 Intelligence, +15% damage, +10% dodge, +15% speed.

Arcane Ability: Twin Trapeze = pulls in enemies and devastates them with a smash. Reduces armor during attack. Restores a small amount of mana.

Passive Ability: Ultimate Teamwork = a powerful attack that damages up to 4 enemies with a chance to reduce armor by 10% , speed by 10% and causes target to bleed.

So total 35 intelligence for mage to start with and speed boost. what you guys think?

Imjebus
02-24-2014, 08:33 PM
Are we looking at a PvP or a PVE perspective?

will0
02-24-2014, 09:03 PM
i know PVE is not a bad pet, PVP SAM will sure win Whim Brothers - overall i don't know

Imjebus
02-24-2014, 09:17 PM
Overall, I'd go with Samael just because of the heal passive, awesome dmg, and all around a good pet. ;p whim is a boss for PVE I heard though.

Instanthumor
02-24-2014, 10:08 PM
Overall, I'd go with Samael just because of the heal passive, awesome dmg, and all around a good pet. ;p whim is a boss for PVE I heard though.

On top of that, Sam gives extra crit. I'm a fan of crit.

Imjebus
02-24-2014, 10:55 PM
On top of that, Sam gives extra crit. I'm a fan of crit.

Sorcs love the little crit they get :)

Instanthumor
02-24-2014, 10:57 PM
Sorcs love the little crit they get :)

Hey, 10% crit makes a bigger difference than 10% dodge if you ask me :p I'm not saying Whim is a bad PvP pet, but so far, I've never seen the mage use Whim's in 5v5's. I've only seen warriors, and possibly certain rogue individuals, but never mages.

falmear
02-24-2014, 10:59 PM
Whim is good for PvE but not PvP. Samael is good for PvE & PvP. If you can only buy one buy Samael.

will0
02-24-2014, 11:01 PM
Singe is good for Mage? with the happiness bonus and buff extra +60 intelligent for mage is awesome?

Instanthumor
02-24-2014, 11:07 PM
Singe is good for Mage? with the happiness bonus and buff extra +60 intelligent for mage is awesome?

If a fully equipped, endgame mage procs Kersh, and activates Singe's arcane ability, he/she can get close to 800-900 DPS. Just throwing that out there :p

On topic, Sam > any other pet overall.

Spyce
02-24-2014, 11:18 PM
Samael.

falmear
02-24-2014, 11:19 PM

Thing about Singe is yes you get more damage but if you have arcane staff you already have more damage then anyone else in the game. In PvP damage hurts but crits kill. I have found that can very hard to kill anyone without crits. And losing 10% crit may seem small when you only have around conceivably 34.88% max crit. Thats like 1/3rd of your crit which is a lot of crit loss. I like to keep my crit at around 33% or higher. Because this is like 1 in 3 chance of critting. Also everything else about Samael for PvP makes him awesome (passive healing & panic). So for a mage I would take Samael every time.

will0
02-24-2014, 11:48 PM
Thing about Singe is yes you get more damage but if you have arcane staff you already have more damage then anyone else in the game. In PvP damage hurts but crits kill. I have found that can very hard to kill anyone without crits. And losing 10% crit may seem small when you only have around conceivably 34.88% max crit. Thats like 1/3rd of your crit which is a lot of crit loss. I like to keep my crit at around 33% or higher. Because this is like 1 in 3 chance of critting. Also everything else about Samael for PvP makes him awesome (passive healing & panic). So for a mage I would take Samael every time.

Can't agree with you more on Sameal and Critical as you kill me as much as i kill u in TDM :) Thanks for the information very detailed as usual..... i guess i am saving my gold for something more useful during expansion

Instanthumor
02-24-2014, 11:52 PM
Can't agree with you more on Sameal and Critical as you kill me as much as i kill u in TDM :) Thanks for the information very detailed as usual..... i guess i am saving my gold for something more useful during expansion

Btw, just throwing this out there, but it's not just Sam. Falm is just OP when it comes to AL in general.

Cero
02-25-2014, 05:43 AM
Yes, Whim is a good pet for sorc for pvp or pve.
Nothing hurts using whim.
All of its being boost sorc class. What i like about whim is that it has 2 -armor debuff which makes
Your attacks and skills do more dmg. although passive and arcane armor debuff doesnt stack it still decent either way.
The pulling ability which may help you alot survive or kite enemies.

Comparing whim and samael, I will choose samael. Sam's panic or terify is better than whims overall performance.

Haligali
02-25-2014, 07:12 AM
Whim is the number 1 pve pet, but got a limited pvp use: flagging, or if he is in right place can pull rogues away from packs. Really like the dodge, it doubles mine and i feel a bit rogueish when standing in bosses red zone and they do not hit me.

n19one
02-25-2014, 12:47 PM
Whim is the best pve pet for mage IMO.. And for PVP i like it too esp when 1 vs 1 with rogue

I always get a smile when killing a rogue after she activate the heal packs skill..

Right after she use heal packs, use ur Whim AA and pulled her away from her Packs..

In next second she die without a chance to touch her heal packs.. XD