PDA

View Full Version : Its my 1st PL anniversary!!!

Gideon Jean-Claude
02-24-2014, 10:27 PM
Sup fam. A year ago today I started playing this wonderful game, and I can honestly say that it has been more than 10 times what I could have imagined it to be. I simply thought that I would be downloading a little game that I could play on my cell phone killing time that seemed like it was going to be a miniature version of the game I used to play and love.....World of Warcraft. It was and is in a sense, but I never would've imagined the extent to which my passion and involvement would grow.
Although there are many similarities to WoW, it was the differences and relative simplicity by comparison that intrigued me. In a nutshell.....I went from wishing certain aspects of PL were like WoW to appreciating the uniqueness of PL as standing out on its own. Once I got a decent grasp on things from a playing perspective, the social aspect came into play. I was VERY fortunate to have met and come across some very helpful AND mature individuals in-game, and on the forums as well. Being an older more mature player with children older than most whom play, this played a vital part in my enjoyment and longevity of the game. Having stopped drinking and partying almost 2 months prior to beginning PL, it was nice to have a new "hobby" again to add to the ones I already enjoy. Meeting some of the people that I have from all over the world and becoming friends with them to an extent that transcends the game has been invaluable, and I have absolutely no regrets about any of the money that I've spent on platinum to enhance my gaming experience.
I know there hasn't been a cap in a VERY long time, and that there are soooooo many things that could be both implemented and improved in PL, but I'm happy regardless, and shall continue to make my own happiness with what I have available. As I've stated before on a previous post I created I am VERY thankful to the developers and everyone else involved in the creation and maintenance of PL. It is through this game that I FINALLY did something that I've always wanted to do, but never had. My oldest son (22) began playing just over 3 weeks ago, and I was able to play with him. It might not seem like much to some, but considering I'm in Texas and he's in Colorado in the Army and I don't see him much it is pretty awesome to me.
Well I'll bring what may be to some a very long and boring post to a close, and just say that to those of you that I know from in-game and these forums that I'm happy to have made your acquaintance, and hope to see you soon in-game.

Chicken Fry
02-24-2014, 10:30 PM
I don't know how to meme your experience so you get Nicholas Cage as Carrot Top ( Happy Anniversary )

Major
02-24-2014, 10:42 PM
Happy anniversary!

Gracious
02-24-2014, 10:58 PM
Congratulations! I hope you get even more of an enjoyable experience from this game!

Gideon Jean-Claude
02-24-2014, 10:59 PM
I don't know how to meme your experience so you get Nicholas Cage as Carrot Top ( Happy Anniversary )

Thanks Chicken Fry lol

Happy anniversary!

Thanks Major

Congratulations! I hope you get even more of an enjoyable experience from this game!

Thanks Gracious. I appreciate the well wishes.

DocDoBig
02-25-2014, 12:26 PM

Congratulations Gideon!

Ks_Leon
02-25-2014, 12:30 PM
Good story dude.Not all games can connect us to the beloved one who sit far away from you.Anyway Happy Annivesary.

Aveea
02-25-2014, 02:07 PM
Happy Anniversary and thanks for sharin!
My adult son actually got me playin this game, he's moved on, but I'm still here. Too many great peeps in Pl to leave.
Hope to see you ig. :)

Ssneakykills
02-25-2014, 02:20 PM
Happy anniversary, glad to hear that your still enjoying this game after so long and not lost intrest

Oldcoot
02-25-2014, 03:22 PM
Happy Anniversary and thanks for sharin!
My adult son actually got me playin this game, he's moved on, but I'm still here. Too many great peeps in Pl to leave.
Hope to see you ig. :)

Same story here

Nekza
02-25-2014, 05:33 PM
Looks like PL didn't teach you how to separate paragraphs in a year period

Sheugokin
02-25-2014, 05:35 PM
Looks like PL didn't teach you how to separate paragraphs in a year period

Jeez, just wish him/her a happy anniversary.

Nekza
02-25-2014, 05:38 PM
Lol i was kiddin

Happy anniversary doe

Lee19
02-25-2014, 07:31 PM
Congrats! PL is the best MMO on the app store In my opinion

Lexlyde
02-26-2014, 02:19 AM
Very nice story Gideon. Its a pleasure to see someone still enjoying this game even if you only saw one cap over a year. I wish you could've joined before, during golden age!
Anyway Happy PL birthday, I wish you pinks will drop from the skies to your inventory!

Crys
02-26-2014, 04:14 PM
Congrats! My 1 year is also coming in April. ^_^

Promagin
02-27-2014, 10:13 PM
Cute.