PDA

View Full Version : Haiku Winners And Awesome Runner Ups!

Cassric
12-03-2010, 05:45 PM
On behalf of all of us at Spacetime, I wanted to thank everyone again for your submissions! They made us laugh, they made us cry, they made us reflect... everything good poems should do. It takes a special group of folks to set aside and take the time to provide such fun and entertainment for everyone's enjoyment right here on the forums :)

All that said, we'd like to announce the two winners of the contest (in no particular order):

vulgarstrike

Entry -

Swift Droid sensation
White winds casting snow shadow;
Glide Pocket Legends

and...

Canikeo

Entry -

Epic to behold
The world is Pocket Legends
My Droid holds the key

These were Awesome entries that we all enjoyed very much. The winners mentioned above will be contacted via a private message on the forums to receive their prizes.

That said, we truly enjoyed them all! Here were a few other runners' up that we felt were worthy of honorable mentions:

Nightarcher

Entry -

Through thy flow'ring courts,
Beneath Pocket Legends skies,
Our serene Droid rests.

NoobieTuesday

Entry -

Hunger gnaws inside
Shoulder twitches on right side
Breathe Pocket Legends

Jughed38

Entry -

Droid in hand, poised, primed
Pocket Legends on my mind
Wife glares... busted. What to do?

Gaabob

Entry -

Droids and iDs here
In Pocket Legends' great world
Playing side by side

Ellyidol

Entry -

Green dude, who is, hmm?
Yoda on Pocket Legends?
Doh, no, that is Droid!

JonDaDon

Entry -

Pocket Legends win
Droid & apple is a win
All my time I lose

...and now for a special treat. We loved your entries so much, we'd like to reward *EVERYONE* who submitted a haiku entry during the contest period. Therefore, anyone who sends me a private forum message that submitted a haiku during the contest period will receive a special treat!! Note: It may take me up to two days before delivering your rewards after your message to me, but believe me, I will deliver all of them.

So don't forget, send me a message for your special prizes! :)

Conradin
12-03-2010, 05:47 PM
Gratz guys

Cascade
Interesting....Great entries guys and congratz! I now know that my first entry was much better....sadly I changed it...

Haikus
Nice, Congratulations guys. :)

Buddyf97
12-03-2010, 05:49 PM
Gratz! I want a treat. Lol. Congratz to the new little droids

HelpBot
12-03-2010, 05:50 PM
If your names on there your account is 1% cooler!

MoarPewPew
12-03-2010, 05:51 PM
Gratz all :) you earned it!!!

Arterra
12-03-2010, 05:51 PM
congratulations guys :)

Kingofhurtz
12-03-2010, 05:52 PM
Congratulations all!!!

FluffNStuff
12-03-2010, 05:52 PM
liked my droid haiku?
devs they so did not oh well
special treat for me

MoarPewPew
12-03-2010, 05:55 PM
liked my droid haiku?
devs they so did not oh well
special treat for me

You did not include "pocket legends" no treat 4 u lol

I bet it's a forum avatar of a Droid lol...

Lesrider
12-03-2010, 05:55 PM
Congrats all!
Waiting to see what the special treat is...

FluffNStuff
12-03-2010, 05:59 PM
Congrats all!
Waiting to see what the special treat is...

I am guessing it is droid ears. That is the main reason I entered because I figured all entries would get them, and I did not have any at the time.

Lesrider
12-03-2010, 05:59 PM
Ah I figured it was this... Just got it but won't ruin the surprise.

ManBearZombie
12-03-2010, 06:00 PM
Congratulations guys. Awesome haiku.

Clynkx
12-03-2010, 06:01 PM
Congrats all! Darn those are good choices! I hope there's more opportunities like that!

Omglolwtfbbq
12-03-2010, 06:15 PM
Awesome haiku, congrats to the winners!
Let's hope there will be a new contest soon :D

jonboy
12-03-2010, 06:18 PM
Congrats to all.

TwinkTastical
12-03-2010, 06:19 PM
Maybe we all get droid costumes and devs were just ****in with us...xD

Edit: itd be sweet if we had a bong shield..
You could make it look functional, those little misty things you have for other items would make the bong shield look amazing!

Canikeo
12-03-2010, 06:20 PM
Thanks for all the great reads :) I enjoyed all the entries, fun times here at the forums :D I'm so excited lol can't wait to run around as Droooooooiiiid!

Pharcyde
12-03-2010, 06:32 PM
Thankyou spacetime!

scratch that for anyone who read before edit :p. I re read the post :D

Maybe we all get droid costumes and devs were just ****in with us...xD

Edit: itd be sweet if we had a bong shield..
You could make it look functional, those little misty things you have for other items would make the bong shield look amazing!

lmao Twink your lucky the devs at spacetime are relaxed. Say that stuff in any other mmo and damn the mutetorch comes down.

Seratonin
12-03-2010, 06:33 PM
Yay! \(n_n)/ Congratulations!!! \(n_n)/ Yay!
Party.

Dran
12-03-2010, 06:44 PM
Great job guys and thanks for rewarding us im looking forword to seeing what i get!

Clynkx
12-03-2010, 06:56 PM
The gift reward is pretty sweet! I'm not going to spoil it but I love it ^^ so unique!

Nightarcher
12-03-2010, 06:56 PM
Oh, wow. They put my honorable mention right up by the winners as if to taunt me...

I'm just joking! :) Great job everyone! We need to have more fun little contests like this; it makes the game more fun.

Cascade
12-03-2010, 06:59 PM
Bah, can't believe a noob got the costume -.- I wouldn't be suprised if he quit PL later down the road...-No offence Canikeo-

KingFu
12-03-2010, 07:00 PM
Am I the only one that finds vulgars disturbing?

Nightarcher
12-03-2010, 07:06 PM
Am I the only one that finds vulgars disturbing?

I doubt he meant it like that. :)

...on second thought, if they have to chose a new winner... AAH THAT'S DISGUSTING!

Cascade
12-03-2010, 07:07 PM
Agreed that is digusting...Now they should give me his droid xD

Haikus
12-03-2010, 07:10 PM
Lol, Mystic posted it after you said it in our Vyn run :rolleyes:.

Gaabob
12-03-2010, 07:13 PM
Banned was complaining about vulgars when he got a few day ban lols.

Btw yay honorable mention lols

And Gratz to winners!

Gaabob
12-03-2010, 07:19 PM
Yeah, I said "Just look at vulgars, obvious perversion is obvious" and guess who won? :p

Lol yeah.. 75% of that haiku can very easily be interpreted as perverse.

Vulgarstrike doesn't even seem to play much.. Haiku awards to a new player(you better stay man..) and an oldie who never really was part of PL the entire time he was here(probably more likely to quit than the new dude).

Of course devs evaluate on quality...

Ellyidol
12-03-2010, 07:43 PM
Sorry for my innocence, but what can it be interpreted as? 0.0 I have a slight idea though not certain.

KingFu
12-03-2010, 07:44 PM
Sorry for my innocence, but what can it be interpreted as? 0.0 I have a slight idea though not certain.

Banned. You're the fearless one here. Care to explain for him?;)

Ellyidol
12-03-2010, 07:46 PM
Banned. You're the fearless one here. Care to explain for him?;)

Message it to me. Like I said I have a slight idea but it doesnt make sense to me. Lol

Fyrce
12-03-2010, 07:47 PM
Gratz to the winners, the honorable mentions, and everyone else who participated. I'm still soo in love with this contest. It was great reading all the haikus, the edits, the changes, etc. Wonderful creative process. Man, I've gotta work harder. LOL.

I'm another one who doesn't get what's disgusting about vulgar's. It seems like poetry, right? Which is what it's supposed to be...?

Ellyidol
12-03-2010, 07:55 PM
Just realized:

"Hunger gnaws inside
Shoulder twitches on right side
Breathe Pocket Legends"

Doesn't contain droid. :p

Lesrider
12-03-2010, 08:17 PM
Eh, the chances of winning were so small, I never got my hopes up. So I'm just glad for the red antennae.

And hey, if the droid winners disappear, they won't be around to rub it in your face ;)

TwinkTastical
12-03-2010, 08:45 PM
Thankyou spacetime!

scratch that for anyone who read before edit :p. I re read the post :D

lmao Twink your lucky the devs at spacetime are relaxed. Say that stuff in any other mmo and damn the mutetorch comes down.

Bah, this isnt just any mmo... AND 50 bucks says 50% of devs own a bong.

TwinkTastical
12-03-2010, 09:21 PM
Highly doubt it. Why? They work too hard.

Game designers do. period. Fine ill lower it to at least 1 dev.

vulgarstrike
12-03-2010, 09:42 PM
Lol yeah.. 75% of that haiku can very easily be interpreted as perverse.

Vulgarstrike doesn't even seem to play much.. Haiku awards to a new player(you better stay man..) and an oldie who never really was part of PL the entire time he was here(probably more likely to quit than the new dude).

Of course devs evaluate on quality...

heh, it is true that i have been a bit inactive for the past... say... 2 months, but dude, i am the life of the party, and the party of the life.

Thanks guys for the congrats, and thanks devs for picking mine!
Additionally, I didn't intend for a sexually themed haiku, but I actually meant for it to describe a fresh slate, winter chills, and a new beginning to an everexpanding joy and freedom.

But whatever you interpret, I'm glad you enjoy it!

Arterra
12-03-2010, 10:28 PM
lol we are so horribly twisted by todays modern world and google safesearch turned off...

Lesrider
12-03-2010, 11:03 PM
Btw, vulgarstrike, your sig still says you're on hiatus. Has this changed now?

(I'm kinda over the whole droid thing. Lasted so long I stopped caring if I got it lol)

vulgarstrike
12-03-2010, 11:13 PM
Btw, vulgarstrike, your sig still says you're on hiatus. Has this changed now?

(I'm kinda over the whole droid thing. Lasted so long I stopped caring if I got it lol)

no, unfortunately. ):
i am working on it.

Lesrider
12-03-2010, 11:18 PM
no, unfortunately. ):
i am working on it.

WTF? Ok that's a bit screwed up, sorry. Plenty of people who are very active in-game and on forum, and it goes to someone who can't even come out of hiatus for a droid costume?

Blech.

Edit: Why'd you even enter?

Lesrider
12-03-2010, 11:24 PM
Hmm so there were 14 droid costumes given out in total (plus varking's extra special one). So has anyone seen more than 2-3 in-game?

Here's what I propose (although I probably won't care about it in a few days anyway). If the people who won Droids don't log in for a certain period of time, new droid costumes should be given out to others, so the 12/14 don't go to waste. Or did the devs originally assume that not everyone would actually use them, and intended it to be like this? I dunno, just seems odd to have a contest where the winners don't even want their prizes.

Ellyidol
12-03-2010, 11:26 PM
I've seeeen... the droid itself. And I will probably see it more often that any of the winners, sadly.

Edit:

Makes me curious if all devs actually judged the contest.

Shouldn't haikus be 5 7 5? And have the words "Pocket Legends" and "Droid" in it?

I see 2 runner ups that already don't do both. One is 5 7 7, another doesn't have droid in it.

Just weird, thats all. Since most entries pretty much tried to fit in both requirements.

vulgarstrike
12-03-2010, 11:46 PM
Hey guys, lets try not to get your panties in a bunch. Some people had better haikus, and the devs picked what they liked.

Lesrider, just because I am trying to improve my grades before playing PL actively does not give you the right to bash me for winning. Next time, try being a good sport.

the winners don't even want their prizes.

lol

Lesrider
12-03-2010, 11:48 PM
Vulgar, I was being a good sport until I realized who won the contest.

NiTSuA
12-03-2010, 11:50 PM
Those were very good Poems and to both of u I say congrats

vulgarstrike
12-03-2010, 11:51 PM
Vulgar, I was being a good sport until I realized who won the contest.

thats the problem O.o
now lets forget about our troubles and smile

Ellyidol
12-04-2010, 12:00 AM
Hey guys, lets try not to get your panties in a bunch. Some people had better haikus, and the devs picked what they liked.

Nothing sore, just curious. :) Since I edited and tried to look for words to fit the requirements most of all, and I see those haikus, just wondering if I/they did the right/wrong thing.

Lesrider
12-04-2010, 12:00 AM
Whatever, dude. It's like a homeless man winning a million bucks and using it as a pillow while sleeping in his box.

vulgarstrike
12-04-2010, 12:02 AM
Whatever, dude. It's like a homeless man winning a million bucks and using it as a pillow while sleeping in his box.

so what are you gonna do? murder the homeless?
and actually, its nothing like that. i didnt "enter a lottery"
its more like an entrepreneur winning a grant, and then using it only when they feel they need to.
whats the problem big daddy?

Lesrider
12-04-2010, 12:08 AM
Except that out of all 15 Droids, only about 2-3 have been seen wearing them (unless others can verify seeing more?). I just thought this contest would have given it to people who would have actually used it.

And I don't need it for myself. I'm over it. Just trying to understand the decisions made.

vulgarstrike
12-04-2010, 12:13 AM
Except that out of all 15 Droids, only about 2-3 have been seen wearing them (unless others can verify seeing more?). I just thought this contest would have given it to people who would have actually used it.

And I don't need it for myself. I'm over it. Just trying to understand the decisions made.

lol. i can see youre over it. but the contest wasnt based on play time, but the quality of a haiku. right?

jonboy
12-04-2010, 12:18 AM
Hey Congrats Vulgar, it was a nice haiku.

Lesrider
12-04-2010, 01:55 AM
You're right, I don't need to argue with you over this. Enjoy the suit if and when you decide to use it.

At least it's over, we can move on.

Partyy
12-04-2010, 03:21 AM
Gz vulgar and caneiko!

woodfrog
12-04-2010, 04:29 AM
Congratulations to the winners, those are great haiku.
Good choice!

jughed38
12-04-2010, 06:19 AM
I've seeeen... the droid itself. And I will probably see it more often that any of the winners, sadly.

Edit:

Makes me curious if all devs actually judged the contest.

Shouldn't haikus be 5 7 5? And have the words "Pocket Legends" and "Droid" in it?

I see 2 runner ups that already don't do both. One is 5 7 7, another doesn't have droid in it.

Just weird, thats all. Since most entries pretty much tried to fit in both requirements.

Just to kinda defend myself with the format that I chose, not all haiku is written with a 5,7,5 format. Take a look at this article and you will see that the format that I chose is called Katauta and is a genuine form of haiku.

http://poetry-magazine.com/poetry/poetry-009/08page.htm

Ellyidol
12-04-2010, 06:23 AM
Just to kinda defend myself with the format that I chose, not all haiku is written with a 5,7,5 format. Take a look at this article and you will see that the format that I chose is called Katauta and is a genuine form of haiku.

http://poetry-magazine.com/poetry/poetry-009/08page.htm

Not blaming you or anything, just says so on the link that Cas gave us about haikus that english haikus are in the 5-7-5 format.

Its all good, its done with.

woodfrog
12-04-2010, 06:55 AM
It doesn't have to be 5-7-5, especially in english!
The traditional japanese haiku have this form, but since they use "moras" that can't exactly translate to syllables it's hard to compare. Usually an english haiku would be even shorter.
There are for example japanese Haiku that change their meaning, according to grouping the mora, so if you read them differently they have a completely different meaning.

vulgarstrike
12-04-2010, 06:56 AM
I wish the devs would wake up :) played a bit but havenet recieved anything yet

flooid
12-04-2010, 10:48 AM
Hmmmm... Grat!

excom
12-04-2010, 04:33 PM
Gratis but.... does anyone else feel like maybe three hiku wasnt even read? I posted 1 comment in the mass of people posting multiple comments. After reading the runners up I kinda feel overlooked. Either way gratis I want my treat for participating I wonder if my pm will be overlooked.

giayuan
12-04-2010, 07:41 PM
wow man.... what can i say about the above thread >=(

GRATS WINNERS!!!
thanks for the treat thing Cassric

ONANEBEZ
12-04-2010, 08:06 PM
Although I had training
in prose and poetry, too
I still failed to win

Congrats to the winners and the honorable mentions

giayuan
12-04-2010, 08:15 PM
Oh yeah, what were the treats and when do we get em?

Haikus
12-04-2010, 08:17 PM
Red antennas and you have to pm Cassric and tell him which character you want them on.

giayuan
12-04-2010, 08:21 PM
i did PM and Cass pmed back
just wondering when i would get em, im in no hurry and im not hurrying devs either =) curiousity always wins
red?!!! sweet!! i dont even have the green ones =)

JonDaDon
12-04-2010, 08:22 PM
Yay I get a droid costume!!! Eat that noobs!
Wait... what? Honorable mention doesn't get anything?:(
Horrible people teasing me like that but oh well, mine was in the top 10. I did that in 5 minutes wish I had spent more time. I fail... Grats on winners.

P.S. quit hating on the people who won their winning wasn't based on how hardcore you are they were based on the poem.

Lesrider
12-04-2010, 08:23 PM
Um.. Check your inventory?
If you told Cass which character you want it on, it's most likely there already.

Haikus
12-04-2010, 08:26 PM
Yeah, like Les said, If you pm'd him and told him what character you want them on. They should already be there. They're where the green ones would be (which you say you didn't get in), which is where the vanity slots are. The last slot to the right.

JonDaDon
12-04-2010, 08:52 PM
i was refering to the whole costume for runner ups

giayuan
12-04-2010, 08:54 PM
lol guys, i know where to find em. Thats why i asked, cuz i didnt get yet, checking now again.

giayuan
12-04-2010, 08:56 PM
Checked all characters. Noop nothing. sorry for doubleposting.
And yet, sorry AGAIN for continuous posting. becuz i didnt get green antennae:( i really want red, getting extremely jittery =)

Haikus
12-04-2010, 09:02 PM
i was refering to the whole costume for runner ups

We were referring to Cereal.

Checked all characters. Noop nothing. sorry for doubleposting.
And yet, sorry AGAIN for continuous posting. becuz i didnt get green antennae:( i really want red, getting extremely jittery =)

I'm sorry, send him a pm asking about it and when he gets on and checks you'll most likely get them this time.

JonDaDon
12-04-2010, 09:10 PM
We were referring to Cereal.

Burned... im goin sit back in my corner:(

Haikus
12-04-2010, 09:20 PM
Burned... im goin sit back in my corner:(

Lol, BYE, make sure to bring a pillow and those little pudding cups you like.:)

giayuan
12-04-2010, 09:33 PM
good idea idea haikus, but as i said, im in no hurry and not hurrying devs either =)

LMAO jondadon

Zeus
12-04-2010, 09:40 PM
Just wanted to post a thank you to dev's for the red antennas, ps cosmo set or rift set with cardinal head and droid antenna or holiday nap cap looks epic. I look like a birdie ready to face the worst :) unless I wear the holiday nap cap, then I look like a animal version of santa claus

Uctiger62
12-05-2010, 12:26 AM
Just wanted to post a thank you to dev's for the red antennas, ps cosmo set or rift set with cardinal head and droid antenna or holiday nap cap looks epic. I look like a birdie ready to face the worst :) unless I wear the holiday nap cap, then I look like a animal version of santa claus

They are SICK. dev's hooked us up with some schwag today. :D

[Lt] Shiny
12-05-2010, 12:02 PM
wow, nice job ppl!

giayuan
12-05-2010, 12:11 PM
hey shinybottom, do you play mw2? i think ive seen you around

Wrap
12-05-2010, 04:22 PM
I must have spent an hour or two reading all the great haiku's that were submitted! Great job to all those who submitted a haiku! And congrats to those lucky few who won the Droid Costume! =)

nakedspacemonkey
12-05-2010, 04:32 PM
Awesome game. Cute contest. Thanks for the hard work. Gimme gimme. Nakedspacemonkey.

giayuan
12-05-2010, 08:18 PM
thanks devs for those smEEExy red antennas =)

Zeus
12-05-2010, 08:25 PM
I love the rift birdie with the cardinal head and red antenna, I think I enjoy this antenna more than a droid costume haha.

Siomah
12-05-2010, 09:25 PM
Got my antennae, they are so cool! Thanks devs!

Grizzlykitty
12-06-2010, 12:15 AM
Thanks for the contest PL Team love all the effort you put into the game can't wait to see what's next!

Zeus
12-06-2010, 10:47 PM
Hopefully a windows phone 7 costume. I dunno how they will manage that haha.

xenosapien
12-07-2010, 01:56 AM
w00t!
St. Nikolas (aka Cassric) brought me my red antennas yesterday!!

Now I can switch antenna colors according to my mood: green when I'm peaceful, red ones when I'm ready to kick some butt! ;)

Inching
12-07-2010, 02:06 AM
received and coolio, thx santa

screamer
12-07-2010, 02:59 PM
My Haiku sucked compared to the winners. :(

...but at least I tried! :)

Can't wait for the special treat!!!! :D

Estraz
12-17-2010, 11:01 PM
Great Haikus! This was a well worthy contest.

Hayabusaz
12-18-2010, 02:19 PM
I Did The Haiku Contest ! Why Don't I Have The Red Antenna Too ?

Zeus
12-18-2010, 02:22 PM
Masterchief, you have to pm Cassric, the new dev. To receive your red antennas.

Estraz
12-19-2010, 02:30 PM
The haikus were well chosen. By the way, when is then next contest?

Tarkemelion
01-23-2011, 09:53 PM
nice job all winners ..

last350
01-24-2011, 10:18 PM
nice to see events like this, keeps people coming to the forums and engaging other people and the developers productively. also it's a kind distraction to allow us to let our pads and phones cool down for a few minutes while we're typing here.

Luckyloot
06-08-2011, 01:07 AM
THE play buttons are cool

Otukura
06-08-2011, 01:09 AM
THE play buttons are cool

,':| (Raise eyebrow)

Wrong section and a necro?

Canikeo
03-01-2021, 07:06 AM
I hate to necro an old thread, but a while back I logged into my account and noticed my Droid costume had disappeared, for the 2nd time. /: Can any admins/mods help?

3pc
03-01-2021, 11:02 AM
I hate to necro an old thread, but a while back I logged into my account and noticed my Droid costume had disappeared, for the 2nd time. /: Can any admins/mods help?

Pretty sure the devs removed them from the game due to licensing agreement with google or something. Someone else came a few months and had the same problem and i doubt anyone would willingly delete the outfit.

daysalalican01
03-02-2021, 01:08 AM
3 Post in 10 years what s mad lad.