PDA

View Full Version : (guide) Abbreviations and terms we use in arcane legends

TheMightyFeusalet
02-25-2014, 04:23 PM
.Some of the new people here in al dont know much abbreviations that are used by skilled players or players that are playing the game already long, because of this i made a little dictionairy for those. If you know more, say it here in this thread. Special thx to sceazukai to help me building this awesome thread!

Terms we use in al
1. Dungeons in towns:
Km1,2,3 means Kraken mines, how you get there? You talk to captain in ship in kraken , then explore, then kraken mines , you can only do this when you cleared all kraken mines(= kraken mines is a perfect spot for farming lockeds)
Wt 1,2,3,4 means watcher tombs, watcher tombs are in traveller outpost (wt4 is a perfect spot to farm essence's)
Kt 1,2,3,4 means kraag tombs, these tombs can be found in kraag
wt and kt are good spots to farm xp
in this thread you can see where you can get good exp as low lvl http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?78233-XP-Guide-for-all-Maps&highlight=watcher+tombs

What is the diffrent between elite and normal maps?
The different between elite and normal maps is that the mobs and the boss in elite maps are harder in elite maps. You can only play elite maps if you are capped or one lvl lower then a capped player (as example: a player is capped at lvl 36, so this means a lvl 35 and lvl 36 can do elite maps). In elite maps you can get better loot with a gretaer worth.
Wanna learn how to run elites, here are some awsome guides from Zeus:http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?131049-Guide-Farming-Elite-Shuyal-A-Rogue-s-Perspective(shuyal elite),...

What is an auction house,where can you find it and for what you can use it?
An auction house is a sort of big trading center/shop, here you can buy items,eggs,chests,... the auction house is founded in all the big citys from al, only windmoore doesnt have one
reroll : a very essential stuff in AL because without it you can rarely get any legendaries (but you still can, with the low natural chance). The mechanic of reroll is, if an item drops, you have the chance to turn it into the higher tier. Eg: common rerolls to rare, rare to epic, and epic to legendary.

Legendary rarity items: These items can be rerolled from bosses from epic items that drop or can be obtained from crates or chests. The devourer and dimensional items are only available in locked crates, and other legendaries come from bosses or chests. Elite legendaries are only available from elite bosses' loot reroll, elite krunch/bael (if this is unclear, there is a guide for krunch and bael somewhere out there) or from elite golden chests. Legendary has a pink color in your inventory, and may add a cool particle effect to your hands/body unlike common, rare or epic.

Mythic rarity items: These items only comes from Locked crates or Elite chests, you cant reroll a legendary to mythic (I first believed this LOL). The mythic items will have the stats of legendary gears of one expansion ahead (because everyone is now using legendary).

Arcane rarity items: These items are incredibly rare and only available in locked crates or elite chests. These items are the most powerful items of their level, and may have more stat than legendary items in 2 expansions ahead. Arcane eggs which can be hatched into powerful arcane pets are only available through locked crates. Arcane and mythics may seem the same in terms of rarity, but I believe arcanes drop much less than mythics!

Elite Krunch/Bael 2 : These are the incredibly rare bosses that may appear after you killed the boss in a certain normal area. These elite bosses have tough hp and damage, and will ALWAYS drop an elite legendary item or chest for each member of the party!

Auction house (or called Consigment store ingame): an npc you can go to and buy or list an item you want with GOLD ONLY! these auctions holder are seen in all towns except Windmore, like Travelers outpost, Great city of Kraag, Stronghold (Nordr), City of Keyl and obviously another in the new town of new expansion coming in March! If you didnt know the existence of these (like I did and used epic gears for my first month), go to auction house and buy the legendary items you want! They are not very expensive!

Stash: The name may explain all! its very useful in AL that all chars have a shared stash, for example you put an item in your sorceror's stash, and when you log on to your warrior you can see the item in the warrior's stash! The characters must be in same game account/email though.

Wandering mistrels (also known as Bards): They wander through the towns and sings great tales! You can find them, join in the story, be a hero and fight the villains there. Afterall, go back to the mistrels for your rewards of 10 story tokens. You can spend these tokens to buy eclusive pets' eggs, tenor's box and other gears.

Hauntlet: A dungeon that can be found by running to the top of Kraag. There you will see a blue teleporter. Jump on it and it will ask if you want to travel to Hauntlet. Grind all the monsters and Cinder's fallen companion for a hauntlet token everytime you complete it! You can use these tokens to buy eclusive pet eggs.

Titles: When you complete a certain achievement, you may receive a title (may be described in the achievement). You can also put your guild name into title, to show everyone what your guild is!

What is pvp?
In pvp you can battle against other people, you can only play versus players that close to your lvl( only 2 lvls higher or 2 lvls lower -> so this means you get in a room with as example lvl 8-10, 3-5, 34-36,...)

What are eggs and for what are they use for?
Eggs contains pet, a happy pet picks up loot for you and gives you bonus stats and does a lil bit damage.

What is a locked?
A locked contains the best gear and some eggs in al, as example arcane egg, arcane weapons,... Lockeds can only be opened by platanium(15 plats/locked)

How to talk in pvp for only you and your team? Type /team .... thx to Zeus and his followers :p
Abbreviations in al
alp = agile lifethief of potency
dep = depraved
op=overpowerd
pm=private message
ffa = free for all
ff = free flags
fr = flag room
gf = good fight
s = selling
b = buying
nfs = not for sale
gg=goodgame
no re= no rematch
AH =auction House
PuG=pickUp Group
AOE=area Of Effect
DoT=damage over time
lix = elixir
lep = leprechaunt pendant (an amulet that gives you 15% chance to reroll items that drop while worn)
brunch = elite Bael and Krunch 2
Ctf = capture the flags (pvp)
Tdm = team deathmatch (pvp)
Dws = dark watch sword
AP = achievement points
dmg = damage
dps = damage per second
Coming more

Les try to add more and more things, ty for the people that helped a bit

TheMightyFeusalet
02-26-2014, 04:44 AM
wanna help with building this thread please pm me or answer in this thread!

Sceazikua
02-26-2014, 05:03 AM
I think I can help. What do you need help with? :)

TheMightyFeusalet
02-26-2014, 10:10 AM
Okay scea, nice to have some help frm a guildmate, you are in the linechat too?

Sceazikua
02-26-2014, 10:34 AM
I cant be online ingame now because my little sister keeps asking for the ipad :) btw idk about linechat, can you give me a link? :)

TheMightyFeusalet
02-26-2014, 11:12 AM
Message me here on forums i will say wbat line is etc. It is an app that you can get in google chrome

Venom
02-26-2014, 12:02 PM
alp = agile lifethief of potency
dep = depraved
ffa = free for all
ff = free flags
fr = flag room
gf = good fight
s = selling
b = buying
nfs = not for sale
ah = auction house
cs = consignment shop
pt = party
wc = wrong chat
gc = guild chat
gh = guild hall

also when it comes to skills, people use the short forms while giving advice about builds. you can add those too.

TheMightyFeusalet
02-26-2014, 12:03 PM
Ty venow i will update the list!

Ihateppl
02-26-2014, 01:37 PM
gg= good game

Solid
02-26-2014, 02:06 PM
gg no re

good game no rematch

TheMightyFeusalet
02-26-2014, 04:02 PM
ty guys , still got ideas say it to me!

Serancha
02-26-2014, 05:01 PM
That WT experience thread is way out of date, just fyi.

Exp is inconsistent in Watchers Tombs. It varies depending on your level - some tombs are double exp at certain levels, and gains also depend on whether you go slow enough to get the floor spawns, or if you rush through. WT4 for example can vary by over 100xp per run, depending on your strategy.

DocDoBig
02-26-2014, 05:20 PM
Good thread,

I would add

AH for Auction House
PuG for PickUp Group
AOE for Area Of Effect

and of course all these standard acronyms such as 'atm', 'brb', 'asap' etc.

Swimmingstar
02-26-2014, 05:43 PM
gg no re, good game, no rematch since I might lose and I already won

TheMightyFeusalet
02-27-2014, 01:12 AM
That WT experience thread is way out of date, just fyi.

Exp is inconsistent in Watchers Tombs. It varies depending on your level - some tombs are double exp at certain levels, and gains also depend on whether you go slow enough to get the floor spawns, or if you rush through. WT4 for example can vary by over 100xp per run, depending on your strategy.
i know but i just wanted to give an exanmple and i am thinking of doing this runs again and try to update it :)

TheMightyFeusalet
02-27-2014, 01:17 AM
list updated, ty guys !

TheMightyFeusalet
02-27-2014, 01:18 AM
Good thread,

I would add

AH for Auction House
PuG for PickUp Group
AOE for Area Of Effect

yeah good idea, i was thinking of it to, i will make an other categorie for these, i will do it later,... TY!

Instanthumor
02-27-2014, 02:33 AM
Good thread,

I would add

AH for Auction House
PuG for PickUp Group
AOE for Area Of Effect

Just to add to that, DoT for Damage over Time

TheMightyFeusalet
02-27-2014, 01:12 PM
ty instant!

Zylx
02-27-2014, 01:24 PM
PM=Private Message
OP=Over Powered

Zylx
02-27-2014, 01:28 PM
wc = wrong chat

It also means "Welcome" when someone joins a guild.

TheMightyFeusalet
02-27-2014, 03:49 PM
ineeds some terms where i can talk about! and ty zylx

Sceazikua
02-28-2014, 04:44 AM
Wow I didnt know pug means pickup group before :) Btw, if you define lockeds that way I think new comers will misunderstand that that they will get the "best" items like arcane eggs and weapons in any locked :)

reroll : a very essential stuff in AL because without it you can rarely get any legendaries (but you still can, with the low natural chance). The mechanic of reroll is, if an item drops, you have the chance to turn it into the higher tier. Eg: common rerolls to rare, rare to epic, and epic to legendary.

Legendary rarity items: These items can be rerolled from bosses from epic items that drop or can be obtained from crates or chests. The devourer and dimensional items are only available in locked crates, and other legendaries come from bosses or chests. Elite legendaries are only available from elite bosses' loot reroll, elite krunch/bael (if this is unclear, there is a guide for krunch and bael somewhere out there) or from elite golden chests. Legendary has a pink color in your inventory, and may add a cool particle effect to your hands/body unlike common, rare or epic.

Mythic rarity items: These items only comes from Locked crates or Elite chests, you cant reroll a legendary to mythic (I first believed this LOL). The mythic items will have the stats of legendary gears of one expansion ahead (because everyone is now using legendary).

Arcane rarity items: These items are incredibly rare and only available in locked crates or elite chests. These items are the most powerful items of their level, and may have more stat than legendary items in 2 expansions ahead. Arcane eggs which can be hatched into powerful arcane pets are only available through locked crates. Arcane and mythics may seem the same in terms of rarity, but I believe arcanes drop much less than mythics!

Elite Krunch/Bael 2 : These are the incredibly rare bosses that may appear after you killed the boss in a certain normal area. These elite bosses have tough hp and damage, and will ALWAYS drop an elite legendary item or chest for each member of the party!

Auction house (or called Consigment store ingame): an npc you can go to and buy or list an item you want with GOLD ONLY! these auctions holder are seen in all towns except Windmore, like Travelers outpost, Great city of Kraag, Stronghold (Nordr), City of Keyl and obviously another in the new town of new expansion coming in March! If you didnt know the existence of these (like I did and used epic gears for my first month), go to auction house and buy the legendary items you want! They are not very expensive!

Stash: The name may explain all! its very useful in AL that all chars have a shared stash, for example you put an item in your sorceror's stash, and when you log on to your warrior you can see the item in the warrior's stash! The characters must be in same game account/email though.

Wandering mistrels (also known as Bards): They wander through the towns and sings great tales! You can find them, join in the story, be a hero and fight the villains there. Afterall, go back to the mistrels for your rewards of 10 story tokens. You can spend these tokens to buy eclusive pets' eggs, tenor's box and other gears.

Hauntlet: A dungeon that can be found by running to the top of Kraag. There you will see a blue teleporter. Jump on it and it will ask if you want to travel to Hauntlet. Grind all the monsters and Cinder's fallen companion for a hauntlet token everytime you complete it! You can use these tokens to buy eclusive pet eggs.

Titles: When you complete a certain achievement, you may receive a title (may be described in the achievement). You can also put your guild name into title, to show everyone what your guild is!

lix = elixir
lep = leprechaunt pendant (an amulet that gives you 15% chance to reroll items that drop while worn)
brunch = elite Bael and Krunch 2
Ctf = capture the flags (pvp)
Tdm = team deathmatch (pvp)
Dws = dark watch sword
AP = achievement points
dmg = damage
dps = damage per second

Xeusx
02-28-2014, 05:01 AM
There is a secret chat in pvp...but..i dont want to tell it :banana:

Crixalis
02-28-2014, 05:57 AM
Lmao= Laughing my *** off
Lol= laughing out loud

Serancha
02-28-2014, 09:40 AM
There is a secret chat in pvp...but..i dont want to tell it :banana:

/team

It looks just like the normal area chat though, so nobody can tell if you are speaking only to your team or not. Thus, nobody uses it.

TheMightyFeusalet
02-28-2014, 05:30 PM
/team

It looks just like the normal area chat though, so nobody can tell if you are speaking only to your team or not. Thus, nobody uses it.

Lil fail for Zeus xD

TheMightyFeusalet
02-28-2014, 05:35 PM
List pdated thx scea!

TheMightyFeusalet
02-28-2014, 05:39 PM
Devs? Should this lists need to o to guides or does it needs to sat here in new players? ''Hope to get answer''

Youtuber
03-08-2014, 04:40 PM
Umm..I am trying to unlock the explore part on the map at the dragon jewel, but I dont know how to do or what to do to unlock it..Can you tell me what I must do please thnk u..

Sceazikua
03-08-2014, 07:28 PM
You need the "power of glepnir" quest done by killing blood hammer at skull cove :)

TheMightyFeusalet
03-12-2014, 03:06 PM
Got some more ideas post jt here guys i am sure this list can becoem much bigger!