PDA

View Full Version : Regarding the Current Arcane Legends Skill System

Remiem
02-25-2014, 05:46 PM

Hi Legends!

The Dragon Enclave expansion is just around the corner, planned for launch in mid-March. With that in mind, we want to take a moment to talk to you all about the current Skill system in Arcane Legends and the future plans for it.

When the Dragon Enclave expansion launches, you will be able to level up to 41. At level 41 you will have an abundance of skill points. Enough to spend on the active and passive skill trees and for the most part max out your character. This is pretty cool! Your character will be max’d out! On the other hand, it isn’t as interesting as when you need to make choices that define your character.

We are very aware of this shortcoming with the current skill system. We are hard at work developing a fun evolution to skills in Arcane Legends. Our plan is to allow for future growth, add interest and also address other shortcomings of the current skill system. We want to create a more interesting and strategic experience, allow for greater diversity in character builds, and also resolve issues inherent to the old system that players were experiencing in game.

This won’t happen overnight though. The skill system defines your characters and we respect that. We want to take the time to get it right.

The game is evolving and so too must the systems inside it. :) We expect to release more details about these exciting changes over the coming months.

Osabevie
02-26-2014, 12:23 PM
Looks interesting, maybe a new skill? :) (1st)

Zeus
02-26-2014, 12:51 PM
How about creating a 5th skill slot and reducing mana costs so it doesn't cripple rogues?

Sky_is_epicgearz
02-26-2014, 12:55 PM
Cool the evolution of skills sounds promising! I look forward to it.

havenjacket
02-26-2014, 12:56 PM
How about creating a 5th skill slot and reducing mana costs so it doesn't cripple rogues? if making 5 skills, reduce skill cost.

Instanthumor
02-26-2014, 01:00 PM
How about creating a 5th skill slot and reducing mana costs so it doesn't cripple rogues?

Yes, 5 skills please. Zeus, take some of my mage's mana, I got too much mana there *hint hint*

Soupdetat
02-26-2014, 01:01 PM
new skills mean that we need more skill slots

Rare
02-26-2014, 01:43 PM
My only thing is... I'm worried you guys are changing too much too fast. Its going to overwhelm a lot of players. I saw something similar happen during the Humania release in Pocket Legends. For me, all the different turnstile and elite gear etc etc really turned me (and a lot of others) off. I'm all for new stuff. Just not all at once.

That's just my opinion though.

On the surface, I love this idea. But combined with the new arcane shard stuff and the new itemization... its a LOT.

Shanamerny
02-26-2014, 01:44 PM

This!

Lovingly
02-26-2014, 01:45 PM
I agree it must be a lot of work for you guys to be done with, however I'm happy with how things are

Sorcerie
02-26-2014, 02:49 PM
I'm glad to finally be able to spend skill point to max out my character in one way or another, but seeing this intrigues me if you're going to be making even more changes.

Samhayne
02-26-2014, 03:33 PM
Hey guys,

I know you will be eager for details about what we are planning. I promise we will have more to talk about on the skill front in the future. For right now, we wanted to get ahead of the issue and acknowledge that characters will be pretty max'd out with their skills when they make 41.

As for the issue of "changing too much at once" one of our design goals for improving skills for the future is to make the changes feel like improvements and an extension of the current system. We don't want to alienate anyone by making all new skills that are all different. We want your Rogue to still feel like the Rogue you have come to love, (or your Sorc, or your Warrior).

Again, the devil will be in the details, but we're not quite ready to reveal them yet. Just an acknowledgement of the current systems shortcomings and our plans to address them.

-Samhayne

ShannKey
02-26-2014, 04:09 PM
Cool, Great idea, looking forward to it :adoration:

notfaded1
02-26-2014, 04:10 PM
@Samhayne Also I wish there was some way some things were for pve and others were for pvp instead of always having to see balance of everything through lenses of both.

I think it ends up that some really neat things to do with pve always can't be done right because of the ramifications in pvp.

GoodSyntax
02-26-2014, 04:23 PM
How about the addition of a single slot arcane ability for your toon? Something with a relatively long cooldown, but which has benefits surpassing the arcane abilities of our pets.

Like the skill system, this would be upgradeable, and players would have to choose which arcane ability to spec, and sacrifice points that would otherwise go into skills or passives.

I'm thinking of arcane abilities which could either shore up weakness of the class (i.e., mana replenishment for Rogues, Armor/Shielding for Sorcs, DMG for Warriors), or, for offensive builds, devastating attacks, which can be chained/comboed with other players/classes.

One of the greatest features of PL was the individual combos and multi-class combos. They really added a wonderful element to the game, and I would love to see it carried forward to AL.

falmear
02-26-2014, 04:50 PM
The problem is that a lot of skill upgrades are useless. So people don't bother to put these points into skills so they end up on passives. And on top of that you are limited to 4 skills. So even if everyone did 5/5 on each skill slot then it would be 20 skill points max. And everything else on passive. So if you even were to give us new skills, you are still stuck at 4. Which may give us more diversity but still being maxxed. So the only real option is adding a 5th skill slot which will make people think about what passives to remove and sacrifice for a 5th skill. Also potentially some people may not want to even use a 5th skill. So I believe its time to add a 5th skill slot.

rockllee
02-26-2014, 05:00 PM
Nice

Sent from my RM-846_lta_brazil_200 using Tapatalk

thepitcher
02-26-2014, 05:07 PM
As mentioned before: it would be a very good option if we can make 2 different skill builds, 1 for pve and the other for pvp... i found a way out to become a hybrid now, but it means i'm not perfect @ both of them... this might be some option for the future, atleast i'm looking forward on it!

Serancha
02-26-2014, 05:13 PM
@Samhayne Also I wish there was some way some things were for pve and others were for pvp instead of always having to see balance of everything through lenses of both.

I think it ends up that some really neat things to do with pve always can't be done right because of the ramifications in pvp.

Totally agree with this.

I would love to see elite kills (or elite runs completed) count for something, whether it is another leaderboard, guild ranks, or whatever. The game is currently weighted heavily to pvp, which a lot of players are not geared enough (or as things currently are, drama-tolerant enough) to participate in.

Swimmingstar
02-26-2014, 05:28 PM
My only thing is... I'm worried you guys are changing too much too fast. Its going to overwhelm a lot of players. I saw something similar happen during the Humania release in Pocket Legends. For me, all the different turnstile and elite gear etc etc really turned me (and a lot of others) off. I'm all for new stuff. Just not all at once.

That's just my opinion though.

On the surface, I love this idea. But combined with the new arcane shard stuff and the new itemization... its a LOT.
I have to agree that AL is can be very confusing and overwhelming with complicity to new players, or a returning player like me. I really like the way PL was organized in the sense of skills, map, etc. I know that if it was an exact copy of the interface it wouldn't be good but I was thinking of some system closer to PL where you can choose what games you want to join easily, and more skill slots, like said before me I think a 5th skill slot would be great. And overall something... better, it's hard to explain and it may just be that I need to get used to it.

Kakashis
02-26-2014, 05:31 PM
Either a 5th skill, or up the range of all the passives. What I would really like to see is 5 skills and one for pvp and the other for pve. If that's not possible, maybe story tokens to respec?

Fyrce
02-26-2014, 05:55 PM
1/2 everyone's skill points and make them respec :p
Damage, etc would need to be scaled, if not already.

steven_soj
02-26-2014, 06:29 PM
Sound great :)

Puntus
02-26-2014, 07:45 PM
wow , finally a nice news , new skill system sounds nice , hope u ll do in a correct way.

Take ur time stg , we prefer wait to get an awesome new expansion

stackz
02-26-2014, 07:53 PM
how about the option to spend skill points on gem slots for the various active/passive skills?

I know my character wont be "maxed" by 41 because I do mine differently than a lot of other people. yeah some like to hot swap between active skills...I dont care about that. I've got my four that I like on my toons. I'm just upgrading all the passives which still have upgrade slots. BUT, if I had the option of adding a gem slot and tossing a gem into a skill, that might make it even more interesting.

make a standard respec the 5 plat, but if you want to respec COMPLETELY, including ungemming slots (and you get your gems back) make that 15 plat. would kind of make free respec weekend interesting lol.

Sdbigdaddy
02-26-2014, 09:36 PM
How about a new passive skill called "hybrid" skill that when you acquire enough of it, it allows you to choose an active skill from another class., iE., a warrior having the one of the Mage skills. Up the active slots to five.

CanceriaN
02-26-2014, 11:17 PM
Why not a separate skill build slots for pve and pvp? Since the game is constantly improving and enhancing the skill system it is better to have a wide range variety of strategic skill build.. One click and then your pvp skill build is set all ready for ctfs or tdms or vice versa. I just only hope sts will improve this skill system according to the majorities taste.

Spyce
02-26-2014, 11:29 PM
Awesome!

MoloToha
02-26-2014, 11:56 PM
AL was planned to be a pocket game, so it provides only 4 skill slots for a player. But it became popular among gamers, so, I think, there will be some good customizations like 5-th skill slot to make the game good for all.

Zynzyn
02-27-2014, 12:14 AM
Looking forward to this.

Daddyblu
02-27-2014, 12:22 AM
Hey guys,

I know you will be eager for details about what we are planning. I promise we will have more to talk about on the skill front in the future. For right now, we wanted to get ahead of the issue and acknowledge that characters will be pretty max'd out with their skills when they make 41.

As for the issue of "changing too much at once" one of our design goals for improving skills for the future is to make the changes feel like improvements and an extension of the current system. We don't want to alienate anyone by making all new skills that are all different. We want your Rogue to still feel like the Rogue you have come to love, (or your Sorc, or your Warrior).

Again, the devil will be in the details, but we're not quite ready to reveal them yet. Just an acknowledgement of the current systems shortcomings and our plans to address them.

-Samhayne

im beginning to love you guys :P

inkredible
02-27-2014, 12:34 AM
i dont think theres too many changes but i think it is better if they spread out the changes apart from each other..
if u compare the other seasons 1-4 theres really not much of a change...
locked crates inn season 2? and pvp season 2? then nothing s3/s4 .. just arcane weapons not really a change

season 5 - crafting

now season 6- new skill system/ new crafting system

it may seem like overwhelming right now bec they are throwing all these ideas OUT all at once but i highly doubt these changes will overwhelm everyone too much
i think its about time sts bring out something completely different.. to me.. it has seemed like its the same thing every expansion...everyone got bored fast

crafting was a good twist in season 5.

i rather be overwhelmed with change.. than be bored bec its the same thing again.. just new maps
eventually people adopt to the changes anyways

thanks sts for the updates.
NO rush, even if expansion fall in april, its fine with me

Rushorgtfo
02-27-2014, 01:01 AM
If these allow for more than 4 skills and and allow for actual combos and builds to be created than I am definitely going to be hitting up pvp:) when I cap again.

Kimpling
02-27-2014, 02:03 AM
5 slot? No, thats not good for ppl who play AL use small gadget (iphone maybe). compare with their finger size that will be lot of ppl press wrong skill lol.

Active skill :
Just give us more upgrade on current skill, maybe 1 or 2 more upgrade. No need new skill IMO

Passive :
Give us new passive ability like Luck maybe, this luck not only for drop loot but for chance to hit crit and absorb damage.

How bout Rage system? This rage automatic active when ppl take some damage or active every 5 minutes and active for 5 second only.
Ppl get +30 primary stat, 10% damage, 10% movement speed, 10% armor when rage active.

Daddyblu
02-27-2014, 02:17 AM
I think this should be added in the future

Strength - Great Physical Damage and small amount of HP/ Hp recovery
Vitality - Great Physical defense and High amount of HP
Agility - High attack speed + Dodge
Dexterity - accuracy + dodge and small attack speed
Luck - Critical Rate
Intelligence - Great Magic damage,add mana Mana and Great magic defense.

Max damage
Minimum Damage
Magic damage
Magic defense
Range Damage
Hit Ratio
Dodge Ratio
Critical Damage
Critical Rate
Minimum Damage
Average Damage
Maximum Damage
Damage Per Second

As of now i can see the Armor = physical defense and Magic defense at the same time.

you cant rely calculate or see your magic defense so it is unfair to Mage. Mage should be the 1st class to have high magic defense and high magic damage.

but since it is too basic it is not currently explain to how the system calculate the mage damage.

I think if we go into details they would understand the whole process and make a better build and maybe double the number of mage players.

I think this require a lot of memory and time but since your planning to change the skills build in the future STS. hope you will take a look at this.

Thanks in advance.!

visit this page for comments

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?140232-Regarding-build-and-Stats

Zomnisorc
02-27-2014, 02:28 AM
This is certainly intriguing news.

Of course there are countless suggestions to be made with such a vague announcement so I see it wiser to just wait for more details before further commenting.

Jenvy
02-27-2014, 02:37 AM
I think an arcane ability could breathe some much-needed life into endgame pve/pvp.

Let's explore some possibilities and potential mechanics.

First, you could create a new skill slot right above pet's arcane ability, which only becomes available after L36. This slot would only be filled by arcane/power-up/morph/awakening/whatever abilities.

Maybe 3 arcane abilities to choose from? I think that's a good number.

You could create a limit as to how many points one can drop into these 3 new skills. 5 is balanced. It would allow a decent level of customization too (all 5 in 1 ability, or split between 2-3 abilities for a jack-of-all-trades setup).

You'd have to make sure that the arcane ability has a long cooldown (like 40-60 seconds), and you'd definitely want to have an internal debuff to prevent arcane skill swapping for multiple buffs at once. Sort of like the new Scorch shield debuff thing you lot came up with (which works great by the way).

Also, don't make the abilities consume mana. That's essential.

Here are some preliminary ideas for each class, (not really keeping balance or game-breakingness in mind, just thinking of cool stuff). These would be base abilities and subject to interesting upgrades.

Mage:

Deluge - A torrent of raging water crashes through a wide AoE zone for a tremendous amount of damage.

Wellspring - At the cost of a mage's ability to attack, restores large amounts of health over time to all allies in a wide AoE zone.

Smurf-Hammer (lol jk) - Triples the damage of the mage's next 3 attacks.

Rogue:

Shadow-step - Slink into the shadows, becoming immune to damage for a short period (maybe 5 seconds). Restores 10% mana and health every second. Effect breaks if Rogue uses a skill/attacks.

Strangulate - Appear behind the nearest enemy and strangle them. Does a large amount of damage over time. Neither rogue nor target can attack/move during this period (kind of like a sacrificial stun... maybe for 4 seconds?).

Flying Daggers - Every second, the rogue throws a spray of poisoned daggers, hitting all enemies in a forward cone (5 seconds maybe). Each hit applies a strong, stacking poison.

Warrior:

Berserk - At the loss of 50% max health, a warrior's damage is doubled and all attacks stun (maybe 5 seconds).

Fear - Causes up to 3 targets to panic (maybe 4 second duration).

Graviton - Pull all enemies in a 5 meter range toward you. Applies a buff that allows all attacks to taunt (10 second duration maybe).

megumirei
02-27-2014, 03:13 AM

agreed!!!! 5 skill slot pliss :)

xjellyxbunnyx
02-27-2014, 04:18 AM
Yeah 5th skill slot would b great! But it will give warriors much bonus cause of juggernaut , venge and heal at the same time with other two skills :/ they will become much stronger

xjellyxbunnyx
02-27-2014, 04:29 AM
I would prefer that making a new slot would b great because we already have many skills. However new skills should be released after making a 5th slot .

Daddyblu
02-27-2014, 04:38 AM
I think an arcane ability could breathe some much-needed life into endgame pve/pvp.

Let's explore some possibilities and potential mechanics.

First, you could create a new skill slot right above pet's arcane ability, which only becomes available after L36. This slot would only be filled by arcane/power-up/morph/awakening/whatever abilities.

Maybe 3 arcane abilities to choose from? I think that's a good number.

You could create a limit as to how many points one can drop into these 3 new skills. 5 is balanced. It would allow a decent level of customization too (all 5 in 1 ability, or split between 2-3 abilities for a jack-of-all-trades setup).

You'd have to make sure that the arcane ability has a long cooldown (like 40-60 seconds), and you'd definitely want to have an internal debuff to prevent arcane skill swapping for multiple buffs at once. Sort of like the new Scorch shield debuff thing you lot came up with (which works great by the way).

Also, don't make the abilities consume mana. That's essential.

Here are some preliminary ideas for each class, (not really keeping balance or game-breakingness in mind, just thinking of cool stuff). These would be base abilities and subject to interesting upgrades.

Mage:

Deluge - A torrent of raging water crashes through a wide AoE zone for a tremendous amount of damage.

Wellspring - At the cost of a mage's ability to attack, restores large amounts of health over time to all allies in a wide AoE zone.

Smurf-Hammer (lol jk) - Triples the damage of the mage's next 3 attacks.

Rogue:

Shadow-step - Slink into the shadows, becoming immune to damage for a short period (maybe 5 seconds). Restores 10% mana and health every second. Effect breaks if Rogue uses a skill/attacks.

Strangulate - Appear behind the nearest enemy and strangle them. Does a large amount of damage over time. Neither rogue nor target can attack/move during this period (kind of like a sacrificial stun... maybe for 4 seconds?).

Flying Daggers - Every second, the rogue throws a spray of poisoned daggers, hitting all enemies in a forward cone (5 seconds maybe). Each hit applies a strong, stacking poison.

Warrior:

Berserk - At the loss of 50% max health, a warrior's damage is doubled and all attacks stun (maybe 5 seconds).

Fear - Causes up to 3 targets to panic (maybe 4 second duration).

Graviton - Pull all enemies in a 5 meter range toward you. Applies a buff that allows all attacks to taunt (10 second duration maybe).

berserk is double damage and HP but -50% defense / armor
instead of fear try use provoke - taunt enemy and force attack the users / also -50 armor to the enemy that under the provoke.

mawlana099
02-27-2014, 04:41 AM
nice..:smile:

Xeusx
02-27-2014, 05:16 AM
Love this, gonna respec again if the new skills are good! xD

Kreasadriii
02-27-2014, 06:01 AM
At some point, just make balance pvp so each class can kill another class by fair play and in duel mode ^^
Can't wait to cap lvl 41

Anarchist
02-27-2014, 07:41 AM
@Ami and Sam

IMHO i see 3 solutions that are scaled in complexity:
1. most complexed:
Would be creating totally new skills. This would be awesome but it also means you will have to work on animations too.
2. Adding new appetible upgrades.
3. Adding 5th sloth: This will clear the matter of the 5th skill exploit in pvp but will make build very similar to one another.

Personally i would go for the 2nd solution because it will:
A. Prevent every skill to be when dragon enclave kicks in.
B. Allow more complexity and differentiation of builds between toons from the same class.

A idea could be implementing some new skills called dragon skills or something rendtail related then make the upgrades or skills available after a player succeeds in killing rendtail or accessing his dungeon and also recap at LV41.

I thought of something very similar weeks ago and sketched something on paper to show the animation...

the figures are badly drawn and someone tried to pull some trolls on me but if you care to look at my idea please CLICK HERE (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?134604-What-about-this-new-skills-for-upcoming-expansion)

Roberto077
02-27-2014, 10:13 AM
It would be awesome if Rogues had a set amount of 'mana' that wouldn't be changed from items, but this would come with a set regen rate of like 10 m/s with 200 mana total. Landing crits would return half the cost of the abilities and abilities would have a decent cost (40 mana for AS, 20 mana for SP, 80 mana for health, etc).

Roberto077
02-27-2014, 10:16 AM
Rogue:

Flying Daggers - Every second, the rogue throws a spray of poisoned daggers, hitting all enemies in a forward cone (5 seconds maybe).

Katarina too OP

notfaded1
02-27-2014, 10:24 AM
A new arcane pet called "Replicator" - It would create copies of your own character (increasing number as it goes up in level) that would fight with you on your behalf and confuse opponents... at times your character would split or divide into three and for short time your attack/defense would be increased. The arcane ability could be temporarily more copies would appear and change size larger then go back to normal during cooldown.

Also as has been said before adding a 5th skill will introduce some major unbalancing between classes. Warriors will be almost OP and it would nerf rogues unless they can also now create mana... in pvp this would be a big deal more than pve.

As I said before if you could separate pve and pvp skills being dependent on each other somehow this would make the whole balancing act unnecessary any longer. PVE could be better without worrying about how it would effect pvp as a consequence and vice versa. So then the big question becomes...

How could we separate PvE and PvP skills???

Drewzee
02-27-2014, 11:52 AM
A new arcane pet called "Replicator" - It would create copies of your own character (increasing number as it goes up in level) that would fight with you on your behalf and confuse opponents... at times your character would split or divide into three and for short time your attack/defense would be increased. The arcane ability could be temporarily more copies would appear and change size larger then go back to normal during cooldown

That would be a cool pet o.o

Primeblades
02-27-2014, 12:40 PM
Yay more skills and passives!

baddiva
02-27-2014, 02:48 PM
Does this means all existed skill bug will be sorted out?

KillerSultan
02-27-2014, 03:18 PM
My Idea is to make for all classes a new skill. Because when new skills come its more fun and interesting.
For example:
Rogue: For rogue a skill which she make invisible for a little time (like 15-30 seconds)
Warrior: For warrior its good when he have a skill with that he get double armor and double damage for 30 seconds
Sorcerer: For sorcerer its good when he have a skill with that he get 25% damage,15% shield,10% damage reduction and 5%health and mana regeneration

Killersultan
(Sorry i am not good in english.maybe i write error)

briantheboss31
02-27-2014, 10:33 PM

Ya I'm getting tired of using 50 bajillion potions!

Okatare
02-28-2014, 12:17 AM
Ya I'm getting tired of using 50 bajillion potions!
Play as a mage then

Instanthumor
02-28-2014, 12:26 AM
Play as a mage then

Yeah, because as a mage, you won't even need potions when you get one-shot, right?

Bornof1000Kings
02-28-2014, 11:22 AM
It may not be that easy in terms of logistics and animation but as a gamer who loves the sword/shield warrior weapons it would be awesome to see a skill associated with using the shield as an offensive weapon (like a push back or stun with dmg). I think we could see more of the awesome sword/shield weapons being used by warriors if there could be some sort of skill and damage associated with using the combo weapon. It's tough to design around, though, again given the added animations needed and the idea that the skill would not be usable whenever a sword/shield weapon is not equipped.

Deadprezz
02-28-2014, 11:45 AM
sounds interesting...

epicrrr
02-28-2014, 01:57 PM
Hmmn, how would this affect us at 10+? Im guessing new skill system is only for lvl 41?

adhyss
02-28-2014, 02:03 PM
Class evolution would be cool :)...something like full support mage or att mage,range rog or male rog,full def war or hybrid war skill

Sent from my GT-B5330 using Tapatalk

Energizeric
02-28-2014, 07:15 PM
How's this for an idea.....

Add 2 more skills for each class, so that there are now 10 skills to chose from. Then allow each player to choose 5 skills. But you CANNOT choose 6+ skills and then alternate between them based on situation. You are stuck with those 5 skills until you respec. Then the rest of the points go into passives.

Also, I suggest adding one more upgrade point to each skill and to each passive, so that max is 6/6 for each skill and each passive.

Increasing the number of total skills for each class to 10 and allowing each player to choose 5 skills will allow for more specialized skills. I'll give some examples of how this could be changed for sorcerers.... Instead of Gale Force also being used as the "speed" skill, we could have a separate "dash" skill that has various upgrades like "dash further", "charged dash increases dodge by 50%", etc. Then Gale Force could simply be a wind only skill that inflicts damage and knocks enemies down. I'm sure there are plenty more skills that can be added for all classes without duplicating other skills. Remember in Pocket Legends we had 12 skills for each class.

The idea here would be that each skill is more specific and only serves one purpose. An example of this would be HOR -- currently it both shields and heals. Separate that into 2 skills, but make the individual parts of that more powerful with more upgrades. Let's make our toons more powerful, but more specialized. Let's force everyone to make those tough choices. Do you want to be a more offensive oriented fighter, or do you prefer to be more defensive? Do you want to be quick and mobile, or would you rather be slower but stronger? I'd like to see this sort of strategy implemented, instead of the current system where everyone just seems to be very "middle of the road".

Livetokill
03-01-2014, 12:28 AM
We have currently 8 actives and 7 passives to choose from. How about adding a new type of passive ability-like mana/hp regen aura or some sort of proc based on the type of class. I feel that the current passive system is quite lacking i.e. they are simply bonus stats.

baddiva
03-01-2014, 12:14 PM
How's this for an idea.....

Add 2 more skills for each class, so that there are now 10 skills to chose from. Then allow each player to choose 5 skills. But you CANNOT choose 6+ skills and then alternate between them based on situation. You are stuck with those 5 skills until you respec. Then the rest of the points go into passives.

Also, I suggest adding one more upgrade point to each skill and to each passive, so that max is 6/6 for each skill and each passive.

Increasing the number of total skills for each class to 10 and allowing each player to choose 5 skills will allow for more specialized skills. I'll give some examples of how this could be changed for sorcerers.... Instead of Gale Force also being used as the "speed" skill, we could have a separate "dash" skill that has various upgrades like "dash further", "charged dash increases dodge by 50%", etc. Then Gale Force could simply be a wind only skill that inflicts damage and knocks enemies down. I'm sure there are plenty more skills that can be added for all classes without duplicating other skills. Remember in Pocket Legends we had 12 skills for each class.

The idea here would be that each skill is more specific and only serves one purpose. An example of this would be HOR -- currently it both shields and heals. Separate that into 2 skills, but make the individual parts of that more powerful with more upgrades. Let's make our toons more powerful, but more specialized. Let's force everyone to make those tough choices. Do you want to be a more offensive oriented fighter, or do you prefer to be more defensive? Do you want to be quick and mobile, or would you rather be slower but stronger? I'd like to see this sort of strategy implemented, instead of the current system where everyone just seems to be very "middle of the road".

Agree to this... But i think since the beginning, AL was intended to form a specialization... How about limiting the use of a weapon for certain skills....
E.g. It's just strange that rogues can snipe using a dagger or using pierce/razor shield using bow... They should choose between a close combat rogue or long range rogue...

Energizeric
03-01-2014, 12:58 PM
Agree to this... But i think since the beginning, AL was intended to form a specialization... How about limiting the use of a weapon for certain skills....
E.g. It's just strange that rogues can snipe using a dagger or using pierce/razor shield using bow... They should choose between a close combat rogue or long range rogue...

I agree. It was like that in PL also with birds, they could be using daggers and still shoot an arrow at you!?!? But yes, you should only be able to shoot an arrow if you are using a bow as your weapon, otherwise that skill should either work differently or else not work properly at all with a different weapon. It's just logical.

havenjacket
03-01-2014, 03:01 PM
I agree. It was like that in PL also with birds, they could be using daggers and still shoot an arrow at you!?!? But yes, you should only be able to shoot an arrow if you are using a bow as your weapon, otherwise that skill should either work differently or else not work properly at all with a different weapon. It's just logical.
>75% of irl archers or bowmen have a dagger. Its realy stupid not to because close range vs long range archer = screwed........so the archers have a small dagger or knife for close combat. This is logical, that would get you killed.

Energizeric
03-01-2014, 05:20 PM
>75% of irl archers or bowmen have a dagger. Its realy stupid not to because close range vs long range archer = screwed........so the archers have a small dagger or knife for close combat. This is logical, that would get you killed.

That could seem logical, but not the other way around. If you use daggers then you should not be able to use a skill that shoots an arrow. Yet I seem to get shot by rogues all the time who use daggers.

Impact
03-01-2014, 06:01 PM
Make it so u can change pets, using the quick set change button..
Im tired of switching sets, then having to switch pets when i got like 30

Energizeric
03-01-2014, 06:40 PM
Make it so u can change pets, using the quick set change button..
Im tired of switching sets, then having to switch pets when i got like 30

Good idea, but make sure when you change pets the arcane ability cooldown does not reset, or else people will keep changing pets during battle just for that purpose.

Edsel Pacardo
03-01-2014, 09:33 PM
yea right...

my only concern is the rouge damage.. too crazy when they crit. T.T

Daniel Banuelos
03-02-2014, 02:46 AM
I hope they make a 5 skill slot I hate wasting my platinum just to respec

Vixenne
03-02-2014, 02:54 AM
I think this should be added in the future

Strength - Great Physical Damage and small amount of HP/ Hp recovery
Vitality - Great Physical defense and High amount of HP
Agility - High attack speed + Dodge
Dexterity - accuracy + dodge and small attack speed
Luck - Critical Rate
Intelligence - Great Magic damage,add mana Mana and Great magic defense.

Max damage
Minimum Damage
Magic damage
Magic defense
Range Damage
Hit Ratio
Dodge Ratio
Critical Damage
Critical Rate
Minimum Damage
Average Damage
Maximum Damage
Damage Per Second

As of now i can see the Armor = physical defense and Magic defense at the same time.

you cant rely calculate or see your magic defense so it is unfair to Mage. Mage should be the 1st class to have high magic defense and high magic damage.

but since it is too basic it is not currently explain to how the system calculate the mage damage.

I think if we go into details they would understand the whole process and make a better build and maybe double the number of mage players.

I think this require a lot of memory and time but since your planning to change the skills build in the future STS. hope you will take a look at this.

Thanks in advance.!

visit this page for comments

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?140232-Regarding-build-and-Stats

Like what dukeskywalker said in the other thread you posted Daddyblu, these stats are from Ragnarok Online :banana:

rustygun
03-02-2014, 08:24 AM
I'm not really crazy about new skill esp on my rogue I have 3 lvl 36 and the rogue go through mana like crazy even in normal map the warrior go through health potions only in elite maps I'll go through 1k pots if pty aint killing fast enough...

Sent from my Huawei Y301A2 using Tapatalk

rustygun
03-02-2014, 08:28 AM
I read too much complains about stuff in game if u guys didn't like the game for those reasons AL wldnt get best mmo :-) but still all suggestions should be considered by AL team.. just saying

rustygun
03-02-2014, 08:36 AM
I'm hoping that the new arcane ring can somehow make all my mystic gears lvl 41 omg that wld make my day because the pavise is wild when tanking large mobs.. the stun is sweet. It's hard to get mystic items.. it wld be sad to drop mine :-(

QistineAL
03-02-2014, 10:11 AM
Adding more skills?:p

Zeus
03-03-2014, 12:00 AM
That could seem logical, but not the other way around. If you use daggers then you should not be able to use a skill that shoots an arrow. Yet I seem to get shot by rogues all the time who use daggers.

We throw our dagger, duh! ;)

Energizeric
03-03-2014, 12:12 AM
We throw our dagger, duh! ;)

That's fine, throw your 28m daggers. :P

Jig
03-03-2014, 12:40 AM
I'm confused, totally of topic

Daddyblu
03-03-2014, 01:26 AM
Like what dukeskywalker said in the other thread you posted Daddyblu, these stats are from Ragnarok Online :banana:

LOL most online games have multiple stats.

cabal online
Raganarok,
RF
Flyfft
World of war craft

you want me to name more?

only Arcane legends has 3 stats do you know why?

because its starts from the basic - and most phones cant handle the high graphics and huge memory the game will consumed.

but as time pass by the phones are in new level and arcane legends is also a promising with good evolution.

Daddyblu
03-03-2014, 01:27 AM

LOL most online games have multiple stats.

cabal online
Raganarok,
RF
Flyfft
World of war craft

you want me to name more?

only Arcane legends has 3 stats do you know why?

because its starts from the basic - and most phones cant handle the high graphics and huge memory the game will consumed.

but as time pass by the phones are in new level and arcane legends is also a promising game with good evolution.

Endkey
03-03-2014, 05:14 AM
Guys whats the point of actually having 5 skills or more wen people are gonna do the same as they are doing now...switching skills? If they introduce 5 skills..it will only make it easier to switch skills...and it will only take lesser time to switch because before you had to switch 2 skills to win..now probably 1...STS do something about the skill switching first ...then it should be nice to have more skill spots.

notfaded1
03-03-2014, 08:40 AM
Guys whats the point of actually having 5 skills or more wen people are gonna do the same as they are doing now...switching skills? If they introduce 5 skills..it will only make it easier to switch skills...and it will only take lesser time to switch because before you had to switch 2 skills to win..now probably 1...STS do something about the skill switching first ...then it should be nice to have more skill spots.
Endkey is right... the game wasn't designed for peeps to switch out skills during battle... that much is obvious. I don't think pet switching to have unlimited arcane ability was part of the design either.

User111
03-03-2014, 09:50 AM
I hope they fix it :(

scarysmerf
03-03-2014, 10:03 AM
How bout we have a 5th skill that needs arcane energy to use like a skill meter when its full u can use a powerfull arcane based attack sounds cool.

flluby2
03-03-2014, 02:04 PM
One thing I really did enjoy in PL is the mega combo feature, when timed right and contributed by all 3 classes. Epitome of good teamwork. Was hoping this could be applied in AL as well.

Rare
03-03-2014, 02:16 PM
Guys whats the point of actually having 5 skills or more

For me, the point is I don't PVP. And it will make my PVE life much more fun :)

Hectororius
03-03-2014, 02:29 PM
I'd rather they keep the same basic skills (and 4 skill rotation) but instead add more enhancements to each that would give us the option to be more versatile.

Adding a 5th Skill would make the game way too easy and eventually boring.

flluby2
03-03-2014, 02:41 PM
Multi class Combo skills in pve map would enhance pve damage/defense, while at the same time don't make a skill too OP for PVP.

Waiting for my tm sig

Ryan Romero
03-03-2014, 03:14 PM
I think we should have different offsets or branches of our current character... take a mage he can evolve into some one who uses the elements fire water earth air or he can become someone who deals with the dead like taking control of a dead enemy to fight with us or summoning a group of dead dogs. What about a mage that uses alchemist. .. or even a person that buffs players and can raise you from the dead instead of starting in the very beginning again. Then you can make it possible for people to lose xp when they die and not revive by someone.. There is all kinds of things you can do with characters. ... I have some many ideas

kayle.barton kayle.barton
03-03-2014, 03:58 PM

I agree about the mana cripple zeus. I use my skills constantly and it takes so many pots to keep my mana pool full. I think I have around 1100 or 1200 mana on my lvl 24 rouge and it goes sooo fast. STS should definitely consider the mana costs. And the 5th slot is genious. We think alike. I think they should also add a power skill. A choice of like 3 that is ultra powerful (Not counting the 5th slot, maybe it's own button like the pets). But also they should add a couple more dagger skills cause the one gets boring after awhile. And maybe even a frost shot. Or a quick shot (where it shoots 3 or 4 in a row real fast).

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Energizeric
03-03-2014, 04:56 PM
Adding a 5th Skill would make the game way too easy and eventually boring.

I hope you both realize that if they add a 5th skill, then they will have to make the PvE maps proportionately more difficult to make up for that extra skill that everyone has. Otherwise the maps would become too easy and prices of elite items would come crashing down to the point that nobody would want to farm anymore. (I say this as if this phenomenon has not already happened LOL)

Serancha
03-03-2014, 05:19 PM
... they will have to make the PvE maps proportionately more difficult to make up for that ....

Oh I really hope so!!! Make it so skill and strategy are actually required to make it through the maps, not just OP gear.

Thrindal
03-03-2014, 05:33 PM
I agree about the mana cripple zeus. I use my skills constantly and it takes so many pots to keep my mana pool full. I think I have around 1100 or 1200 mana on my lvl 24 rouge and it goes sooo fast. STS should definitely consider the mana costs. And the 5th slot is genious. We think alike. I think they should also add a power skill. A choice of like 3 that is ultra powerful (Not counting the 5th slot, maybe it's own button like the pets). But also they should add a couple more dagger skills cause the one gets boring after awhile. And maybe even a frost shot. Or a quick shot (where it shoots 3 or 4 in a row real fast).

While I don't like the idea of a 5th slot for our current skills I do like the thought of a Single "Power Skill" that is on a different level than our current skills. If STS could add legitimate pros/cons to 3 skills for each class this could diversify the classes nicely. The drawback would be to have 1 skill that trumps the rest, especially in pvp. If that were the case we are back to all being the same again as everyone will have the same Power Skill.

Currently every class seems to have at least one h2h skill. For Rouges it is Aimed Shot, I don't know a single Rouge that doesn't have AS. I wish the skills were more balanced and thought provoking. Right now there is no "con" for Aimed Shot... One the other had there are some skills that are very rarely used, don't know if I know of any Rouges using Shadow Storm Shot...

I don't really know what the skills would look like but for a Rouge they might be "Super Crit", "Super Dodge", or "Super Speed". Each would add significantly to one stat. A Super Crit rouge could crit with ease but a Super Dodge could make it hard to hit, somewhat negating Super Crit... Super Speed would have to be something that increased a characters max speed. Current speed boost is maxed at 25%, maybe Super Speed increases that max to 35%.

Might be stupid ideas just throwing darts to see where they will land...

-Thrindal <Immaculate>

Energizeric
03-03-2014, 06:05 PM
Oh I really hope so!!! Make it so skill and strategy are actually required to make it through the maps, not just OP gear.

Yeah, we've talked about this before in the forum. In PL there were some very interesting bosses where special strategy was required. Some of the bosses in the Alien Oasis 3 and Sewers expansions come to mind. It didn't matter how good your gear was, you needed to know the special strategy to beat the boss, and it took a few tries to figure it out. It seems like they tried to do that here with a couple of the bosses in the shuyal expansion, but the strategies were far too easy to figure out and did not really take much skill. I'd like to see them take that sort of idea and run with it a bit more. I'd like to see bosses that aren't necessarily hard to beat, but require the right combination of all 3 classes to each play their important parts and also to know what to do to expose the weakness of the boss.

Endkey
03-04-2014, 04:21 AM
lol i wrote my comment as a whole...it gives meaning as a whole...taking an incomplete sentence dsnt make any sense

Kho Jia Jun
03-05-2014, 02:27 AM
Ok, np... but pls release update asap

Madnex
03-05-2014, 06:08 AM
1. Cross-class combos would be awesome, as mentioned above. So much more exciting than plain skill spam. Hopefully we'll see it some day.

2. Didn't anyone notice what's wrong with the picture on the first post?? I mean, the hand should have been vertically flipped to be correct, right?

Took a minute to fix it (minute, really): 'ere. (http://i.imgur.com/55YpLuG.png) :)

notfaded1
03-05-2014, 11:33 AM
1. Cross-class combos would be awesome, as mentioned above. So much more exciting than plain skill spam. Hopefully we'll see it some day.

2. Didn't anyone notice what's wrong with the picture on the first post?? I mean, the hand should have been vertically flipped to be correct, right?
Took a minute to fix it (minute, really): 'ere. (http://i.imgur.com/55YpLuG.png) :)

I thought is was cool that hand was flipped omni... maybe ami is slipping some secret info in the picture... on a real note though... the idea of party combos is a great one! This could lead to new boss weaknesses o.O

Psiruse
03-06-2014, 01:22 AM
So, when it would be? (too excited)

pcharming
03-06-2014, 01:22 AM
I have been playing Arcane Legends since the first season in 2012 and I have notice that high level player stats is do not reflect correctly. For example I have two warriors characters, one is lvl 36 and the other is lvl 15. Lvl 36 has 256 dps (Maul sword) and lvl 15 has 70 dps (Lightning sword). However, lvl 15 has faster swing (power gauge reach max) than lvl 36. Doesn't make sense since lvl 36 dps is almost 4x higher. This has been a long time problem with any characters. I remember a time when lvl cap was 16 and as a rogue, I was using Agile Lifethief Potency (dps 199) best blades at the time. It was incredible, I cutting up elite bosses like paper. But now that I am lvl 36 rogue with 650 dps, it seems slower (reaching max power gauge) and does less dmg with elite bosses than I was lvl 16 during lvl 16 cap. Arcane Legends is making higher lvl player weaker and shows no difference in speed or dmg but only in stats. Granted that high lvl players seems strong when player in much lower lvl map. And what is going on with Kraken Island???? As lvl 36 player, I have a harder time killing minions than Shuyal. Again no consistency and it's irritating....

Now comes lvl 41 cap. How much more inaccurate will the stats be??????? Can I finally solo farm in Bloodhammer???...doubtful.

Bless
03-06-2014, 01:33 AM
Why are we guessing so deep? Just stop letting your imagination go wild, for all we know they could put something completely alien, wait for more info?

I don't want to sound like buzz killington but I see some absurd ideas o.O

So Sam, new info pls?

Jetzzz
03-06-2014, 04:34 AM
5 slot skills means mage will became the king in mid-end game level PvP. It will be really hard to win in 1 vs 1 if mage have curse, 2 other attacking skil, shield and heal

Maalice
03-06-2014, 05:34 AM
Yeah wait a minute here... we cant let the mages be op!!!

Hey wait... wasnt this supposed to be the mages season?

Kjalisi
03-06-2014, 06:42 PM
Totally agree with this.

I would love to see elite kills (or elite runs completed) count for something, whether it is another leaderboard, guild ranks, or whatever. The game is currently weighted heavily to pvp, which a lot of players are not geared enough (or as things currently are, drama-tolerant enough) to participate in.

Totally agree!! I'd love to see elites and elite pve kills count for more APs... ones that are difficult to get and make elites worth running. This is the part of the game that I enjoy most and I'd love the see it play a bigger part all the way through the next expansion :)

Energizeric
03-07-2014, 05:04 PM
Totally agree!! I'd love to see elites and elite pve kills count for more APs... ones that are difficult to get and make elites worth running. This is the part of the game that I enjoy most and I'd love the see it play a bigger part all the way through the next expansion :)

How about making elite kills count for more XP. It would be much more fun to be leveling up while doing elite dungeons rather than having to level up in the boring tombs.

Jig
03-08-2014, 03:57 AM
5 slot skills means mage will became the king in mid-end game level PvP. It will be really hard to win in 1 vs 1 if mage have curse, 2 other attacking skil, shield and heal

Or add something for rogues and warriors.

Rogues and warriors have had their fun this cap, warriors absolute cream everything with their op as dmg+HEALTH!! And armour, they simply don't die. Rogues on the other hand own mages also, you have a slight chance to win unless your a full mythic

If mages where to be op, lets us be op like the devs let warriors and rogues be op -_-

Kingofninjas
03-08-2014, 09:34 AM
i think rouges need a skill that will reduce incoming damge, but not as potent as a mages shield or tank vb or maybe a skill that will allow them a way to heal some mana while fighting(maybe a seperate mana pack or a upgrade to hp with heal mana over time)

Jig
03-08-2014, 10:54 AM
rogues need mana packs in an upgrade for heals I swear especially for pve, I swear you click one skill one mana pot gone, 50 mana pots later every one skill click you just killed two mobs well done... Rogues suck unless you have loads of gold to buy loads of pots, then its fun, other whys its crap class to use if starting

xlovableaze
03-08-2014, 11:10 AM
Having a 5 skills slot is so impossible, so even twinks can have 5 skills too? That will be more op and laggy, since rogue has only 4 pvp skills can be use. Its unfair to us, war can use 5 skills and mage aswell, so i dnt recommend having 5 skills slot.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2

Jig
03-08-2014, 11:15 AM
Hmmm we will see... That is true though lova.. Mages and warriors would have a huge advantage,e specially mages, a lot of mana+ being able to use that one extra valuable pvp skill... Hmm

Energizeric
03-08-2014, 03:30 PM
Guys, this was a nice discussion about adding a 5th skill, but all that will do is throw off the balance between classes and it will take another couple of seasons to get it right again. At this point we are pretty close to being well balanced. I think warriors had a slight advantage this past season due to the capabilities of the mythic glaive. But I think as far as skills go, we are pretty close to evenly balanced. Add a 5th skill, and suddenly everything gets unbalanced again. No matter what new stuff is introduced, it always affects balance, and it seems to take STS months to get it balanced again. It takes lots of trial and error. Do we really want to go through that all again?

falmear
03-08-2014, 04:03 PM
Guys, this was a nice discussion about adding a 5th skill, but all that will do is throw off the balance between classes and it will take another couple of seasons to get it right again. At this point we are pretty close to being well balanced. I think warriors had a slight advantage this past season due to the capabilities of the mythic glaive. But I think as far as skills go, we are pretty close to evenly balanced. Add a 5th skill, and suddenly everything gets unbalanced again. No matter what new stuff is introduced, it always affects balance, and it seems to take STS months to get it balanced again. It takes lots of trial and error. Do we really want to go through that all again?

I don't agree that things are balanced. Warriors are almost immortal. Mythic rogues can one shot an arcane mage when shield is down. Or drop arcane shield with like 2 aimed shots. Sorry but it's a fantasy that things are balanced. People are already using five skills to balance the current imbalance. So allowing five skills would make it balanced. If things were balance people wouldn't need to restore to using five skills. Having five skills opens up to more diverse builds in PvP and pve.

Jenvy
03-08-2014, 05:46 PM
Arcane Ability or bust.

Require the 5 points after 36 to be placed into new arcane skills.

Problem solved until next expansion.

xlovableaze
03-08-2014, 08:44 PM
I don't agree that things are balanced. Warriors are almost immortal. Mythic rogues can one shot an arcane mage when shield is down. Or drop arcane shield with like 2 aimed shots. Sorry but it's a fantasy that things are balanced. People are already using five skills to balance the current imbalance. So allowing five skills would make it balanced. If things were balance people wouldn't need to restore to using five skills. Having five skills opens up to more diverse builds in PvP and pve.

Lol. Arcane mage can kill a rogue fast, and mage is hard to kill specially with curse. And rogue has only 4 skills best for use to pvp. And has a few mana. And i dont think theres imbalanced between mge and rogue right now. Those both classes is struggling against warriors. So i think warrior shouldbe nerfed. And as you saying if warrior has 5 skills they will be more immortal as they can go for 6 skills. So. I dnt agree with 5 skills slot.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2

Jig
03-08-2014, 09:59 PM
If you wanna say mages beat rogues of course, arcane Mage is great, but not everyone has 40mil gold and has the best gear. Which is totally not fair.

falmear
03-08-2014, 10:16 PM
Lol. Arcane mage can kill a rogue fast, and mage is hard to kill specially with curse. And rogue has only 4 skills best for use to pvp. And has a few mana. And i dont think theres imbalanced between mge and rogue right now. Those both classes is struggling against warriors. So i think warrior shouldbe nerfed. And as you saying if warrior has 5 skills they will be more immortal as they can go for 6 skills. So. I dnt agree with 5 skills slot.

You proved my point. You don't see rogues complaining about lightning like mages complain about aimed shot. Only thing rogues complain about is curse. Because its reflecting your own damage against you. Doesn't matter if you have arcane staff or an epic staff. Its the same amount of damage reflected regardless. PvP should be more then just hoping someone will kill themselves because they don't know how to get around curse.

YäYä Thëárà
03-08-2014, 10:59 PM

Support

Sent from my C2105 using Tapatalk

Jig
03-09-2014, 02:34 AM
You proved my point. You don't see rogues complaining about lightning like mages complain about aimed shot. Only thing rogues complain about is curse. Because its reflecting your own damage against you. Doesn't matter if you have arcane staff or an epic staff. Its the same amount of damage reflected regardless. PvP should be more then just hoping someone will kill themselves because they don't know how to get around curse.

Well yeah doesn't it matter since if you have an arcane staff=more health. Meaning the more health you have the more better curse works for you? You need more health then the rogue if you want curse to succeed? Or just more dmg dealin while curse is dealing his own dmg

Energizeric
03-09-2014, 03:29 AM

I don't know how to respond to this. I'm pretty sure you have an arcane staff. I'm using the same exact gear as I used last season (all level 30/31 mythic). And with that old gear, I average around 2 kills for every one death. Surely I am not so talented as to be better than everyone else at pressing the touch screen buttons on my phone. Give me that arcane staff and I'm pretty sure I would have 5 kills for every death.

And no, I don't use 5 skills, I have just 4. Sometimes I spec 5 skills, but I never switch in middle of battle -- I'm just not quick enough for that as I'd be dead long before I got back to the main screen. Usually if I spec 5 skills, it's a PvP/PvE switch. As for warriors, the only ones I usually have trouble with are those with the glaive or bonesaw. Even the maul warriors are not so impossible.

And BTW, don't judge me on my KDR if you have seen me recently in CTF..... I've been running around the past 2-3 weeks with a half STR/half INT flag running build with very low damage and mostly defensive skills. So yes, with this pathetic build I die more often than I get kills, but I get lots of flags which was the point.

Kingofninjas
03-09-2014, 03:35 AM
falmear there are very few mythic rouges and none without the daggers who can hope to drop a arcane mage with shield down in 1 aimed shot. Arcane mages have abt 3700 health... And arcane mages can easily finish a mythic rouge before they have a chance to use their health packs. Not to mention that when their health is down they almost get a second life with heal. All in all, mythic rouges are constantly farmed by arcane mages there is a good reason behind that.

falmear
03-09-2014, 04:04 AM
Well yeah doesn't it matter since if you have an arcane staff=more health. Meaning the more health you have the more better curse works for you? You need more health then the rogue if you want curse to succeed? Or just more dmg dealin while curse is dealing his own dmg

Arcane mage has 3.8k health. Rogue with mythic daggers has 3.7k health. So no real difference. The only thing that makes the fight even close to fair is that we have 2 seconds of invulnerability plus stuns. This is our only defense and they know it which is why they cry about it most. This buys us about 5 seconds not including panic/terrify. Everything after that swings to the rogues favor. If they catch you with your shield down then just forget about it.

falmear
03-09-2014, 04:22 AM
I don't know how to respond to this. I'm pretty sure you have an arcane staff. I'm using the same exact gear as I used last season (all level 30/31 mythic). And with that old gear, I average around 2 kills for every one death. Surely I am not so talented as to be better than everyone else at pressing the touch screen buttons on my phone. Give me that arcane staff and I'm pretty sure I would have 5 kills for every death.

And no, I don't use 5 skills, I have just 4. Sometimes I spec 5 skills, but I never switch in middle of battle -- I'm just not quick enough for that as I'd be dead long before I got back to the main screen. Usually if I spec 5 skills, it's a PvP/PvE switch. As for warriors, the only ones I usually have trouble with are those with the glaive or bonesaw. Even the maul warriors are not so impossible.

The point is that with 3 attack skills things are more balanced and this is why people use 5 skills. Right now I don't even spec life giver because it's utterly useless. When I use 5 skills I only switch skills to feed people mana. It's not even useful to me because of how little health it recovers and I don't even need the mana. And if we could spec 3 attack skills with shield and life giver, then fighting warriors would be closer to balanced.

Seriously what is the point of having every skill maxed out? Everything is going on passives now. This makes the game less interesting. Adding a fifth skill slot opens up the possibility for many more interesting builds. Also then they can lock the skills screen in PvP.

falmear
03-09-2014, 04:35 AM
falmear there are very few mythic rouges and none without the daggers who can hope to drop a arcane mage with shield down in 1 aimed shot. Arcane mages have abt 3700 health... And arcane mages can easily finish a mythic rouge before they have a chance to use their health packs. Not to mention that when their health is down they almost get a second life with heal. All in all, mythic rouges are constantly farmed by arcane mages there is a good reason behind that.

If you are talk about a rogue with mythic bow. Then how can you compare a mythic level 31 weapon to an arcane level 36 weapon? A rogue with mythic daggers can easily one shot an arcane mage when shield is down. And only takes a couple of aimed shots to drop shield. It's happened to me so I know. The only thing to consider is the balance among level 36 weapons. I'd expect to be able to beat anyone using weapons 5 levels lower. Arcane mages has 3.8k health vs a mythic rogue has 3.7k health. And I have seen some rogues running more str up to 4k. Because they can nerf their damage but still get 90% healing and high crits. Life giver is useless when fighting rogues. The fact you bring this up only proves the point you are wrong.

Madnex
03-09-2014, 09:26 AM
It's true, sorcs have the weakest healing. The only situations that swapping for fifth is relatively safe is when fighting warriors 1v1 or after a clash to restore team's MP.

Without shield it doesn't matter what you're up against, a warrior/rogue or another sorcerer; you'll die even with better gear.

Gorecaster
03-09-2014, 12:26 PM
Yeah, revamping skills could get tricky, but I have faith that sts will pop off something nice, thank you guys!

Tendirin
03-09-2014, 03:25 PM
Thanks for the information remeim

Crowsfoot
03-09-2014, 10:09 PM
Idea:

Make a skill system in which certain skills (or even skill upgrades) are only available once a certain level is met. Allowing players to map more skills at a time after a certain level is also a possibility I would strongly endorse.

Having stronger skills allows STS to design harder maps without making them OP. This allows for deeper complexity without changing current level progression for beginning players.

Energizeric
03-10-2014, 01:12 AM
The point is that with 3 attack skills things are more balanced and this is why people use 5 skills. Right now I don't even spec life giver because it's utterly useless. When I use 5 skills I only switch skills to feed people mana. It's not even useful to me because of how little health it recovers and I don't even need the mana. And if we could spec 3 attack skills with shield and life giver, then fighting warriors would be closer to balanced.

Seriously what is the point of having every skill maxed out? Everything is going on passives now. This makes the game less interesting. Adding a fifth skill slot opens up the possibility for many more interesting builds. Also then they can lock the skills screen in PvP.

I agree that something needs to be added, but I think instead of adding a 5th skill what they need to do is add more upgrades to each skill to make them more powerful and more interesting. For example, right now I don't really see much of a difference between Fire and Frost -- both very similar. So add a couple more upgrades that make them different. Also, adjust any skills which nobody is using. You mention how very few sorcerers use Lifegiver anymore because of how little health it recovers. So how about adding an upgrade that increases the amount of health lifegiver recovers by 25%. And maybe another upgrade that does the same for mana. How about adding an upgrade to Fire that makes the stun harder to dodge (right now most rogues and warriors seem to dodge the fireball stun almost every time). I think Gale Force needs a complete restructuring as right now it's only useful for flagging. I think the increased armor and dash parts need to be separated better so that you could get the increased armor without doing the dash. Then I could see people using Gale Force in PvP for its increased armor and stun.

I want to see the skills improved and evened out so that we really do have a full diversity of players. You should see players with every possible combination of skills out there. When everyone starts to use the same 4 or 5 skills, that is an indicator that something is wrong with the other 3 skills.

Additionally, they need to make it so that when you switch skills, you cannot switch out a skill that has not cooled down yet. Same goes for pets...you should not be able to dismiss a pet until its arcane ability has cooled down. Then nobody will be abusing the skill & pet switching during battle.

Jig
03-10-2014, 07:53 AM
Idea:

Make a skill system in which certain skills (or even skill upgrades) are only available once a certain level is met. Allowing players to map more skills at a time after a certain level is also a possibility I would strongly endorse.

Having stronger skills allows STS to design harder maps without making them OP. This allows for deeper complexity without changing current level progression for beginning players.

That is sort of what they did in PL, but after lvl 66 instead of being able to place 6 points in each skill, I think you can do max of 9 points in each skill, which is max anyways.

rivet
03-10-2014, 10:41 AM
1. First things first, we need to look into our basic attack button, which I believe has been overlooked.

Suggestion: There should be an ability to string basic attack combos with an option to either multi-tap or just hold the button.
(hint: change the way the warrior wields his sword and make his a true melee specialist)

2. Introduce more diverse skills.

Suggestion: Active: Anything we haven't seen*
Passive: Reduce energy/mana cost, Increase item find

3. More intuitive ways to use a skill aside from holding to charge a skill

Suggestion: New skill that requires multi-tapping say 5x, the last blow being the most devastating.

4. 5th skills should only be the heal skill. Being granted a 5th skill, no one should ask for a 6th skill ever LOL!

5. More upgrades on each skill.

Kingofninjas
03-10-2014, 12:05 PM
i still dont think that a mythic dagger rouge can drop an arcane staff mage with 1 aimed shot. However, i will concede that any mythic dagger rouge can drop an arcane staff mage when shield is charged with the aimed shot shadow piercer combo that most rouges use.

However adding a 5th skill slot would completely cripple rouges and overpower mages and tanks would become godlike. Rouges would become the new mages of AL, maybe even worse. Personally I feel that mages do need a buff up. Maybe more power behind their attacks. My tactic with mages, excluding mythic and arcane staff ones, is to simply run around wasting time and healing till their shield is down and then drop them with aimed shot/shadow piercer combo(only because I have very little mana). Given more mana I could potentially drop them while their shield is up. This being said, mages do need a serious buff up in either skill damage or gear.

Kingofninjas
03-10-2014, 12:09 PM
I think that AL should introduce combos into pvp.
For example - Maybe 3 normal attacks in a row and then one charged one will give a boost in mana for rouges (desperately needed).
Or for mages maybe 2 normal attacks then 1 charged one can give a shield blocking maybe 30% damage for 2-3 seconds.

Mortalninja
03-10-2014, 07:18 PM
Really it must be discused more.....
But, I think Spacetime must do a 5th skill n increase the rogue s mana
My Opinion :p

-Mortalninja

conradev
03-10-2014, 09:23 PM
I agree that something needs to be added, but I think instead of adding a 5th skill what they need to do is add more upgrades to each skill to make them more powerful and more interesting. For example, right now I don't really see much of a difference between Fire and Frost -- both very similar. So add a couple more upgrades that make them different. Also, adjust any skills which nobody is using. You mention how very few sorcerers use Lifegiver anymore because of how little health it recovers. So how about adding an upgrade that increases the amount of health lifegiver recovers by 25%. And maybe another upgrade that does the same for mana. How about adding an upgrade to Fire that makes the stun harder to dodge (right now most rogues and warriors seem to dodge the fireball stun almost every time). I think Gale Force needs a complete restructuring as right now it's only useful for flagging. I think the increased armor and dash parts need to be separated better so that you could get the increased armor without doing the dash. Then I could see people using Gale Force in PvP for its increased armor and stun.

I want to see the skills improved and evened out so that we really do have a full diversity of players. You should see players with every possible combination of skills out there. When everyone starts to use the same 4 or 5 skills, that is an indicator that something is wrong with the other 3 skills.

Additionally, they need to make it so that when you switch skills, you cannot switch out a skill that has not cooled down yet. Same goes for pets...you should not be able to dismiss a pet until its arcane ability has cooled down. Then nobody will be abusing the skill & pet switching during battle.

First, to say Gale is relegated to flagging only is a great under-appreciation for what Gale really is—the only sorcerer skill which creates phenomena beyond the doing/preventing/recovering of damage. I assure you the uses are far beyond what the other skills offer regardless of venue (PvP, PvE).

...and second, dashing and armor bonus are separate secondary abilities entirely. Thanks.

...I am weary of all the Gale bashing constantly, if STS modified it for what the majority saw as "useful" it would be a great travesty and probably a game-ender for me.

Learn it or ignore it, but don't bash it people; especially all you non-sorcerer class mains. It's ignorant of reality.

Galaxy Note 3

conradev
03-10-2014, 09:27 PM
And when I say the only skill beyond damage I'm talking about to your character. I realize there are clever uses for other skills, such as blocking for TS.

Galaxy Note 3

Serancha
03-10-2014, 10:37 PM
Those of us with "non-sorcerer mains" have concluded long ago that wind is the skill most likely to be used at the wrong time, and can all too easily ruin a group run.

Sure for soloing and tombs where killing as a team is not necessary, it's fine, but it just plain sucks for group work. When a team specs all their skills to bring mobs together for fast and easy killing, only to have them blown to hell and gone by a wind user, forcing the team to then chase the mobs all over the map to kill them, it leads to the majority of players disliking the skill on their hunts.

This is not saying every mage with wind does this, but in my personal experience, 99% of them do.

falmear
03-10-2014, 10:52 PM
Those of us with "non-sorcerer mains" have concluded long ago that wind is the skill most likely to be used at the wrong time, and can all too easily ruin a group run.

Sure for soloing and tombs where killing as a team is not necessary, it's fine, but it just plain sucks for group work. When a team specs all their skills to bring mobs together for fast and easy killing, only to have them blown to hell and gone by a wind user, forcing the team to then chase the mobs all over the map to kill them, it leads to the majority of players disliking the skill on their hunts.

This is not saying every mage with wind does this, but in my personal experience, 99% of them do.

When using wind you need to knock enemies against the edge of the map so they dont go flying every which way. Most times when people pull, they pull towards the center of the map. But if you want to use wind, you need to pull to the edge of the map this lessens the scattering. I dont use it often but if I recall, if you ice mobs first then hit them with wind they tend not to scatter as much when frozen. The problem with wind is it does the same damage as fireball, without any DOT damage, so its the weakest skill. The only time I use it is for timed runs that don't require much crowd control or flagging. And I agree with you as most people tend to misuse it, and even myself its hard to control sometimes.

Energizeric
03-11-2014, 12:13 AM
First, to say Gale is relegated to flagging only is a great under-appreciation for what Gale really is—the only sorcerer skill which creates phenomena beyond the doing/preventing/recovering of damage. I assure you the uses are far beyond what the other skills offer regardless of venue (PvP, PvE).

...and second, dashing and armor bonus are separate secondary abilities entirely. Thanks.

...I am weary of all the Gale bashing constantly, if STS modified it for what the majority saw as "useful" it would be a great travesty and probably a game-ender for me.

Learn it or ignore it, but don't bash it people; especially all you non-sorcerer class mains. It's ignorant of reality.

Galaxy Note 3

I'd like to learn it. Can you please teach me how to use the dash when I need it, but how to alternatively not dash but just get the armor increase at other times. Both such uses of the skill at different times would make it useful to me. Making it so that I have to choose one or the other makes it useless. As far as I can see, if I charge it I get both the armor boost and the dash, and if I don't charge it then I get neither. Perhaps I am just doing something wrong. Please do help!

Instanthumor
03-11-2014, 01:05 AM
I'd like to learn it. Can you please teach me how to use the dash when I need it, but how to alternatively not dash but just get the armor increase at other times. Both such uses of the skill at different times would make it useful to me. Making it so that I have to choose one or the other makes it useless. As far as I can see, if I charge it I get both the armor boost and the dash, and if I don't charge it then I get neither. Perhaps I am just doing something wrong. Please do help!

Stand next to a wall (or border), face the wall, charge Gale, and you will go nowhere, and you will still obtain the armor bonus.

Runescape
03-11-2014, 09:34 AM
To everyone up there, the game isnt about being realistic. Rogues stuck with bow means only bow skills or daggers with skill daggers would be a huge and pointless nerf... Its like saying sorcerers cant use any spells witha gun

Envoyé de mon iPod touch à l'aide de Tapatalk

Ravager
03-11-2014, 10:47 AM
Nows the chance to get rid of rally cry.

Veluthe
03-11-2014, 11:40 AM
I'm excited about revamping the skill system. I'd like to see a fifth skill slot because I tend to use 5 skills on all classes so that I am versatile in pve and pve. Even a new skill for each class seems interesting. However, I assure you that whatever it is people will find something to complain about.

And I don't see why many rogues complain about mana. It's not that hard to pot and pots aren't that expensive. If you're having trouble with this then maybe you should look for a new game.

flluby2
03-11-2014, 01:00 PM
QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more with you Sera. My main peeves used to be scatter bear, now it's gale sorcerer blowing my mobs all over the room. In hauntlet, there's more and more to this gale scatterer who just blow the mobs all over the room. Way to piss ur tank. Unless you are blowing the mobs towards your warrior, just don't use this skill. This skill takes control and strategy.

But, I'm quite happy with the current skills, aside from when they nerfed Vengeful Blood to make it less op in PVP. Those mana regen was the best. Warrior shouldn't be constantly bothered by mana shortage.

Healing a fixed amount of 500 hp for VB and Jugg is a rather small amount, considering the max hp of a warrior now.
Enemies does more damage and when charging these skills you easily get attacked more than 500 damage. I would suggest raising the heal to 1000.

Energizeric
03-11-2014, 01:13 PM
And I don't see why many rogues complain about mana. It's not that hard to pot and pots aren't that expensive. If you're having trouble with this then maybe you should look for a new game.

I haven't quite figured out how to use pots while in PvP.

That said, mana is currently one of the only limiting factors in limiting the power of rogues. Otherwise they could unleash almost unlimited amounts of damage. Making it so their skills don't use as much mana is not a good idea. If a rogue wants more mana then they could spec some points to INT instead of going full DEX. If you insist on getting every last point of damage possible, then yes you will be limited in how much mana you have.

Energizeric
03-11-2014, 01:17 PM
Stand next to a wall (or border), face the wall, charge Gale, and you will go nowhere, and you will still obtain the armor bonus.

Yeah, but then you get yourself stunned for 2-3 seconds instead which is no good. When you dash into a wall it stuns you. In order to make gale actually useful, they need to make the armor bonus happen whether or not you charge the skill. I'd really love to use this skill in PvP as a low damage attack/armor boosting combo skill, but as its currently structured it cannot be done.

Zeus
03-11-2014, 01:23 PM

That said, mana is currently one of the only limiting factors in limiting the power of rogues. Otherwise they could unleash almost unlimited amounts of damage. Making it so their skills don't use as much mana is not a good idea. If a rogue wants more mana then they could spec some points to INT instead of going full DEX. If you insist on getting every last point of damage possible, then yes you will be limited in how much mana you have.

We already do spec INT.

The counter argument to that is that mages and warriors lack damage because they don't have enough skills. So, 5 skills would take care of that weakness. If you're taking care of your weakness, take care of ours too. Otherwise, it's just an unbalanced situation.

king0fc3n0di
03-11-2014, 02:23 PM
aww

ruizerwin
03-11-2014, 03:22 PM
Want new skill

Energizeric
03-11-2014, 03:27 PM
We already do spec INT.

The counter argument to that is that mages and warriors lack damage because they don't have enough skills. So, 5 skills would take care of that weakness. If you're taking care of your weakness, take care of ours too. Otherwise, it's just an unbalanced situation.

I'm against adding the 5th skill. I don't think it's a good idea. I like the idea of having to make tough decisions. A 5th skill will basically make everyone a jack of all trades. Nobody will have any weaknesses and I think everyone will spec the same exact way.

I can't speak intelligently about what rogues will do, but I know what sorcerers will do. Everyone will use Fire, Lightning, Curse, Shield and Heal for PvP. And for PvE they will use Fire, Ice, Lightning, Time and Shield.

When we only have 4 skills, then we have to make some tough decisions. So in PvP we have to decide if we want to be a curse mage or a damage mage. Or if we want both then we can't have heal so we are vulnerable in that way. For PvE we have to decide if we want to go after mobs more and use Time and/or Ice, or do we want Lightning to be able to hit the boss hard.

Without forcing people to make compromises, everyone will end up having the same skills like we all did in PL, and that's the main reason that game became so boring. I like it how everyone has a different build in AL. If they add another skill, some of that will go away. Obviously it won't be to the point of PL and there will still be some variety, but not as much as there currently is.

Instead, I suggest they add more upgrades to existing skills. Then it will even increase the diversity of builds as not everyone with the same skills will have the same upgrades. I think that is definitely the way to go.

The only reason why everyone wants a 5th skill is so that they don't have to spend plat to respec. That in itself proves my point about making everyone a jack of all trades.

I really hope they make changes to increase diversity instead of decreasing it. It makes the game much more interesting. I can't speak for everyone else, but a big part of the challenge of this game for me is to experiment with different builds in order to find the one that works best for me. When that no longer is interesting, the game becomes more boring, and it has definitely now reached that point with having so many skill points to spend and not very many options to spend them on. What we need is more options to spend the skill points on, not an extra skill slot.

Jig
03-12-2014, 01:34 AM
How about, they put in a 5th skill, if it doesn't work out, take it out? Unless you would have to make other changes not just implementing a 5 skill slot :/ then I dunno

Anarchist
03-12-2014, 03:26 AM
I'm against adding the 5th skill. I don't think it's a good idea. I like the idea of having to make tough decisions. A 5th skill will basically make everyone a jack of all trades. Nobody will have any weaknesses and I think everyone will spec the same exact way.

I can't speak intelligently about what rogues will do, but I know what sorcerers will do. Everyone will use Fire, Lightning, Curse, Shield and Heal for PvP. And for PvE they will use Fire, Ice, Lightning, Time and Shield.

When we only have 4 skills, then we have to make some tough decisions. So in PvP we have to decide if we want to be a curse mage or a damage mage. Or if we want both then we can't have heal so we are vulnerable in that way. For PvE we have to decide if we want to go after mobs more and use Time and/or Ice, or do we want Lightning to be able to hit the boss hard.

Without forcing people to make compromises, everyone will end up having the same skills like we all did in PL, and that's the main reason that game became so boring. I like it how everyone has a different build in AL. If they add another skill, some of that will go away. Obviously it won't be to the point of PL and there will still be some variety, but not as much as there currently is.

Instead, I suggest they add more upgrades to existing skills. Then it will even increase the diversity of builds as not everyone with the same skills will have the same upgrades. I think that is definitely the way to go.

The only reason why everyone wants a 5th skill is so that they don't have to spend plat to respec. That in itself proves my point about making everyone a jack of all trades.

I really hope they make changes to increase diversity instead of decreasing it. It makes the game much more interesting. I can't speak for everyone else, but a big part of the challenge of this game for me is to experiment with different builds in order to find the one that works best for me. When that no longer is interesting, the game becomes more boring, and it has definitely now reached that point with having so many skill points to spend and not very many options to spend them on. What we need is more options to spend the skill points on, not an extra skill slot.
Completely agree.

To random reader:

If you want a game with multiple builds and different ways to play

say NO to 5th skill slot

and

say YES to new skills or new skill upgrades.

Volt
03-12-2014, 04:34 AM
Add pots in pvp

Xeusx
03-12-2014, 04:46 AM
Add pots in pvp
Add pots in pvp? Well..it will make more hard to kill ppl at pvp

Volt
03-12-2014, 02:06 PM
Add trulle to ctf

Xstealthxx
03-12-2014, 03:01 PM
5th skill would be great.. Giving chance to weak mages..

Ravager
03-12-2014, 04:27 PM
Add a slider giving access to 8 skills. No need to revamp in the future.

Crowsfoot
03-12-2014, 06:27 PM
Add pots in pvp
Have fun killing the warrior with 2004 armor and carrying 10k of each potion at a time (me).

Puntus
03-12-2014, 07:47 PM
Potts in pvp = boring pvp , with potts u can get a kill in like 15 min or more? lol

bigpang
03-12-2014, 08:10 PM
For the skills I think giving one another skill slot to make 5 at the time is better than 4 ,also a quick weapon changing key where always missing in the game . I think warriors need some throwing axe or crossbow , believe me this is going to be a very good thing for em lol ,also giving rogues a chance to enchant their weapon with poison or mages a skill to enchant whole party weapon with one of the elemental is also a good idea

Instanthumor
03-12-2014, 08:48 PM
but I know what sorcerers will do. Everyone will use Fire, Lightning, Curse, Shield and Heal for PvP.

False...

Spyce
03-12-2014, 08:52 PM
False...

True.

Jig
03-12-2014, 09:33 PM
True! But also false :) you could use ice instead of fireball ;) if you want more dmg, but I rather fireball ;)

torturespell
03-12-2014, 11:45 PM

Agree, but i actualy happy for this, cz thats make this so fun for pve :)

Sent from my SM-T211 using Tapatalk

Veluthe
03-12-2014, 11:53 PM

I don't think I mentioned using them in pvp smart arse. -.- Was referring to pve..and points in int is dumb too. Just use mana efficient pet...

Volt
03-13-2014, 03:27 AM
Potts in pvp = boring pvp , with potts u can get a kill in like 15 min or more? lol

Idk if Trolling or can't understand sarcasm

Jig
03-13-2014, 04:26 AM

Are (you) trolling? Seems like it, your supporting having pots in PvP..? Lol I'm confused as hell.

Zynzyn
03-13-2014, 05:03 AM
I would like an extra skill slot. I play a rogue, but I think the Mage class would benefit a lot from this.

Lovingly
03-13-2014, 09:01 AM
if there's a 5th skill slot where would it be on the screen? imagine mobile devices tho D-:

Jig
03-13-2014, 09:02 AM
Um.. Same place..? They just make skills probably smaller to fit it in :3

Sceazikua
03-13-2014, 10:05 AM
I would like an extra skill slot. I play a rogue, but I think the Mage class would benefit a lot from this.

And also warriors :) You wont want to fight a warrior with all VB horn juggenaut :) if they can use 6 skills (by changing the map like now) they would also use rally cry, which makes them killing machines :)

Volt
03-13-2014, 10:08 AM

Are (you) trolling? Seems like it, your supporting having pots in PvP..? Lol I'm confused as hell.

Yes sir in fact I was, but I made it very obvious.. At least I think it was clearly obvious. So not really Trolling but "kidding" if that makes sense

Volt
03-13-2014, 10:12 AM
Rally cry isn't as useful as it sounds. Possibly in a clash but even during a clash it isn't worth switching out jugg/Veng for rally cry since it is just too time consuming and a warrior has to know what is going on 24/7. The warrior has the most responsibility in a clash so it isn't very efficient for what it does(rally cry)

Aslanx
03-13-2014, 06:25 PM

Lol always in it for the rogues, nice zeus

flluby2
03-16-2014, 02:05 AM
All about PVP :(
What about this?
Make 5 slots for PVE and the last slot unusable in PVP.
There... problem solved!

Linkincena
03-18-2014, 04:38 AM
A vague idea ..
How about adding a power coupling button..
Warriors , Mages and Rogues combine their skills into new skill...

Prahasit Prahi
03-18-2014, 09:21 AM
A vague idea ..
How about adding a power coupling button..
Warriors , Mages and Rogues combine their skills into new skill...

A different way of ganging

flluby2
03-19-2014, 02:33 AM
A different way of ganging

That's called mega combo when done with precise timing with all 3 original class in PL. Best bit of fun in the game for me back there.

chorba69
03-19-2014, 04:51 PM
I know rogues will "defend" rogue class and warriors will "defend" warrior class so they do not get nerfed but, lets be honest. How many threads or guides on this forum are about "How to kill a mage?"? Maybe just few. Why? Because you dont need a "scratch my screen" tactic to kill a mage. But, mages do need it.
If mages need some tactic, why isnt it the same for rogues and warriors? Rogues gotta time their attacks (curse and 2sec shield), and warrior can tank lots of attacks because of high armor and health and thats it, mage's dead.
Adding a 5th skill would help mages to survive a bit longer and to be a bit more competitive in pvp.
Also, its true rogues need more mana or reduce mana cost of skills.
Also, adding a "blinding" skill or upgrade could help all 3 classes. For example, add blind upgrade in SSS for rogues to make the skill at least a lil bit useful in pvp and pve(blind mobs so tank can survive more). So the blind could cause 50-100% chance to miss with normal attack and skill for few seconds. Also add blind in for example chest splitter for warrior called "Shining sword" for example, and mage add blind upgrade in Lightning so it can be competitive with Aimed Shot.
Or, if nothing from above, add a button in Character tab to change spec for free. So for example you can run a pve build for pve, and if you wanna pvp, you gotta tap that button and change to your pvp spec. Ofc make it hard to obtain that double spec. For example 10days hard quest and 10sec to change spec so it can not be abused in battle.
Cheers

Bless
03-20-2014, 01:42 PM
I know rogues will "defend" rogue class and warriors will "defend" warrior class so they do not get nerfed but, lets be honest. How many threads or guides on this forum are about "How to kill a mage?"? Maybe just few. Why? Because you dont need a "scratch my screen" tactic to kill a mage. But, mages do need it.
If mages need some tactic, why isnt it the same for rogues and warriors? Rogues gotta time their attacks (curse and 2sec shield), and warrior can tank lots of attacks because of high armor and health and thats it, mage's dead.
Adding a 5th skill would help mages to survive a bit longer and to be a bit more competitive in pvp.
Also, its true rogues need more mana or reduce mana cost of skills.
Also, adding a "blinding" skill or upgrade could help all 3 classes. For example, add blind upgrade in SSS for rogues to make the skill at least a lil bit useful in pvp and pve(blind mobs so tank can survive more). So the blind could cause 50-100% chance to miss with normal attack and skill for few seconds. Also add blind in for example chest splitter for warrior called "Shining sword" for example, and mage add blind upgrade in Lightning so it can be competitive with Aimed Shot.
Or, if nothing from above, add a button in Character tab to change spec for free. So for example you can run a pve build for pve, and if you wanna pvp, you gotta tap that button and change to your pvp spec. Ofc make it hard to obtain that double spec. For example 10days hard quest and 10sec to change spec so it can not be abused in battle.
Cheers
You just mega contradicted yourself. You say rogues and wars need a nerf, yet you suggest to give us an INCREDIBLY OP blind skill. Nah just ignore these suggestions and wait for STG's move.

MoloToha
03-20-2014, 01:59 PM
Warriors were always easy to play, they never needed some special strategies. Like I said many times, just make sure you survive between 2nd and 3rd horn, and you will win. Rogues aren't so hard, too. All you need is pack control and good skill timing. Sorcerers are much more complicated. They have tens of skill combos and most of them are still undiscovered. It is possible that mages will discover some new skill combination and become OP. Also, devs will definitely make some balance tweaks to make it better.

chorba69
03-20-2014, 05:33 PM
You just mega contradicted yourself. You say rogues and wars need a nerf, yet you suggest to give us an INCREDIBLY OP blind skill. Nah just ignore these suggestions and wait for STG's move.

All three classes would benefit from that blind skill. Mages could benefit most because of their stun skills. A mage with stun, blind, panic & 2sec shield combo would actually have a chance in PvP. But yeah, STG has something in their minds already. I guess.

extrapayah
03-22-2014, 01:24 PM
mmmmm, subjectively, i'd definitely like to see these upgrades:

1. a button in HUD to change skill sets (to another 4), pretty much an access to all skills
2. a feature to turn on/off an upgrade
3. a 5th upgrade to each skill, which can only be accessed after learning all upgrades, e.g. automatically make the skill done always in 'fully charged' state

thanks

Ravager
03-22-2014, 02:43 PM
mmmmm, subjectively, i'd definitely like to see these upgrades:

1. a button in HUD to change skill sets (to another 4), pretty much an access to all skills
2. a feature to turn on/off an upgrade
3. a 5th upgrade to each skill, which can only be accessed after learning all upgrades, e.g. automatically make the skill done always in 'fully charged' state

thanks
Nice. I hate having extra skills that just sit there. If I have it, I want to use it

Jaztyn Cerro
03-31-2014, 02:32 AM
Pls help me how can i get back my mythic helm i accidentally sell it to my inventory because of lag. I restart my cellphone because i cant press anything pls i need ur help i hope u will help me to recover it
IGN: Ogoorase

Anarchist
03-31-2014, 02:44 AM
Pls help me how can i get back my mythic helm i accidentally sell it to my inventory because of lag. I restart my cellphone because i cant press anything pls i need ur help i hope u will help me to recover it
IGN: Ogoorase

Send a email to the support group at this address:

support@spacetimestudios.com.

In the email specifiy your toon's name and which legend game you play and the problem you are having.

Or directly register on the support group page at this link:
click here. (https://spacetimestudios.desk.com/customer/login?return_to=%2F)

If you need any more info on how to contact the support group read this (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?141559-Support-team-How-to-register-a-STS-account-and-contact-them-Guide)

Goodluck :)

Kracker jak
04-01-2014, 05:13 PM
Great idea would be amazing if we could get new skills or passives would love a way 2 make "cross-classing" even if it was passives that gave big bonuses to 1 stat (dmg/dps) with a balanced ratio subtraction from its opposite (health/def) ;-) be a fun addition to c classes u dont already know exactly what ur up against and this would b biggest custom classing on a simple scale

And how can u complain about sorc their stuns r outrageous these days and dmg/dps through the roof most big new pets r best for them... war and rogue stuns r rare other than pets which sorcs can also use 2 keep competition stunned long enough 2 kill

My suggestion would also change this health balance u dislike and not make 1 class which is becoming a complete op even more op.
every1 could customize classes 2 work any way they play

Mama
04-05-2014, 03:14 PM
I'm in the below lvl 25 catagory, but have a suggestion on the skill bar and the potion icons.
It would be really nice to have the skill bar rotatable where we can swipe/scroll to the spell we want to use at the time, instead of having to go in and switch them out for another. I think we should have a easier way to utilize all our skills as needed.
Also.. I find the potion/elixer icon, that is next to the health and mana potions as we fight, is in the way and comes up alot when trying to use health potions. I think it should be moved to a different spot so as not to hit it in normal battle times.
Thank you.. I hope my suggestion is good enough to implement... and soon.. :adoration:

toughenn
04-05-2014, 10:06 PM
i think at lvl41 we are ok... may be new skills for lvl46 cuz we dont have enough mana for 5 skills....
but at this point, may be sts can clear some thing up? like what armor can do(add 50armor can reduce how much phy/mag dmg)? dodge for both phy and mag damage(can i dodge mage lighting/fire ball)? how damage and dps work? like needed better aggro system, so war can really tanking...
this way player can have better idea to use diffent gear/stats. thanks!
BTW, can we have auto attack? or choose targe? so my thumbs not hurt after elite....

Crowsfoot
04-05-2014, 10:27 PM
i think at lvl41 we are ok... may be new skills for lvl46 cuz we dont have enough mana for 5 skills....
but at this point, may be sts can clear some thing up? like what armor can do(add 50armor can reduce how much phy/mag dmg)? dodge for both phy and mag damage(can i dodge mage lighting/fire ball)? how damage and dps work? like needed better aggro system, so war can really tanking...
this way player can have better idea to use diffent gear/stats. thanks!
BTW, can we have auto attack? or choose targe? so my thumbs not hurt after elite....
Armor is nonlinear. As far I can tell the big benchmarks are 1200, 1600, 1800, and 2100. I am currently trying to loot a magmatic plate of will so I will have more armor when running elite tindirin since it has a higher armor stat than myth and reduces my damage/DPS dramatically less than switching to a pavise.

UndeadJudge
04-08-2014, 11:11 AM
I bet this is where they buff sorcs :D hopefully.

Also it could be a nice change to rogue pvp builds. Same as always - aim, nox, pierce, packs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xpolosion
04-09-2014, 05:08 PM
A fix on singe :D

Annihilations
04-09-2014, 09:44 PM
A fix on singe :D

Never!

Xpolosion
04-09-2014, 11:20 PM
;).

Bless
04-14-2014, 07:01 PM
Dear STG,

Can we please get any updates regarding this? Teasers? Info? It's been long enough since cap had been released. Its annoying when I get my hopes up and then have to wait a month before it is even announced.

Thanks

yasshh
04-17-2014, 10:54 AM
Dear STG,

Can we please get any updates regarding this? Teasers? Info? It's been long enough since cap had been released. Its annoying when I get my hopes up and then have to wait a month before it is even announced.

Thanks

^^^^ cant wait more ;-;

extrapayah
04-25-2014, 09:41 PM
aside from all the suggestion here, i'd also like to add another one

about increasing the value of skill upgrades, and tolerance to lag

some skill upgrade really harsh about differences between charged and non-charged skill, a 99% charged skill has no differences to tapped only skill, while this kind of incident is likely to happen when our game lagged (uniquely enough many people complain oh how lagged is elite map is, compared to normal maps, and i agree on that)

i'm hoping that every skill upgrade works like how Vengeful Blood upgrades work, giving a low bonus even if it is not fully charged.

also, to avoid making some skill upgrades over powered, devs could (and should) make the change unnoticable, e.g.:

1. Nox Bolt AoE upgrade: before when charged it splashed to 6m area (and take effect on 6 targets) -> change to -> not charged 3m area, fully charged 6m
2. Nox Bolt Poison duration upgrade: before, charged or not, it give you addition 3s -> change to -> not charged add 3s, fully charged 4s
3. Fireball DoT upgrade: before, charged or not, give a DoT -> change to -> not charged normal DoT, charged 125% DoT damage or lower
4. Lightning damage upgrade: before, increase 15% damage -> don't change, because the damage upgrade already increasing lightning base damage, which will be increased by fully charged it (cmiiw) so this upgrade already perfect, imo
5. Warcry AoE upgrade: before, when charged, become aoe (around 4-5m) -> change to -> not charged 3m, charged 8m, reason is, war cry AoE upgrade can only effect max 4 targets... why make it so small... warcry aoe is sooo underpowered... T_T
6. Clock stop upgrade: before, charged == 100% stopped movement -> change to -> not charged increased slow percentage, charged 100% stop

so, the formula is:

if the skill upgrade previously has no difference between not charged / charged, make a charged one a little bit more powerful, around 110% - 125%
if the skill upgrade previously 0 or 1 difference between not charged / charged, make the not charged version has a 50% of the charged version bonus

thanks, please please really consider this.

extrapayah
04-25-2014, 09:47 PM
and please add more information to skills description please...

this is not a game where you can easily respec everytime...

also, Nox's impact bonus damage doesn't change the damage information on the skill information... while other upgrade like warrior's smash, mage's lightning, and rogue's aimed shot do. is there any strange mechanics behind it? just like how you make damage passive bonus work? (how it doesn't stack with others)

thanks, and please please really consider this...

deadz
04-26-2014, 01:48 PM
you have a point :/

Ssneakykills
04-27-2014, 08:57 AM
seems like a great idea cant wait

Kingslaughter
04-28-2014, 12:11 AM
Any update dev???

Jig
04-28-2014, 02:06 AM
Patience young one

cooletzzz
04-28-2014, 09:54 AM
All are sounds good for me but we need to remember the balance of each class. If I am the one who will decide I prepare to add more levels on passiveI instead of skills. From 5 to make it upto 10. :)

Xeusx
04-28-2014, 10:06 AM
All are sounds good for me but we need to remember the balance of each class. If I am the one who will decide I prepare to add more levels on passiveI instead of skills. From 5 to make it upto 10. :)
This will make the endgame not balanced and the passive is a waste of skill points.
So, it should be no.

ultimategun10
04-28-2014, 10:18 PM
Nice new skills new gaming style

barzagli
05-14-2014, 12:16 AM
I would like to have a button on top of pet ability button that could change your skill set. Skill set shud be usable when in PVE or PVP. This would be a great advantage when we have to change skills in tough situation.

Cryrus
05-15-2014, 12:19 AM
When will you guys give is update regarding this new skills system?

its been 2 months now... please give us updates.

Bless
05-18-2014, 05:50 AM
Dear STG,

Thanks This.

Reunegade
05-18-2014, 08:24 AM
Guys, be patient. PL has not had a new cap nor new content in 1 and a half years or more.

cooletzzz
05-19-2014, 03:24 AM
theres a quick set arrangment for the gear and equipments, why do we make quick settings for the skills at the same time with pet skill : just a suggestions...

Kreasadriii
05-19-2014, 03:36 AM
Increase another passive skills?
Such as dodge? X_X

Rosna
05-20-2014, 09:12 PM
I would like to see the current passives work correctly before adding new lol.

Jig
05-21-2014, 05:23 AM
Guys, be patient. PL has not had a new cap nor new content in 1 and a half years or more.

+1 to that buddy haha

DMminion
05-22-2014, 03:52 AM
How about the addition of a single slot arcane ability for your toon? Something with a relatively long cooldown, but which has benefits surpassing the arcane abilities of our pets.

Like the skill system, this would be upgradeable, and players would have to choose which arcane ability to spec, and sacrifice points that would otherwise go into skills or passives.

I'm thinking of arcane abilities which could either shore up weakness of the class (i.e., mana replenishment for Rogues, Armor/Shielding for Sorcs, DMG for Warriors), or, for offensive builds, devastating attacks, which can be chained/comboed with other players/classes.

One of the greatest features of PL was the individual combos and multi-class combos. They really added a wonderful element to the game, and I would love to see it carried forward to AL.

Love this idea. I really liked pl combos and cross class combos. Wouldnt have to add new skills just how they react to each other. Ex. Freeze and shadow storm shot are prob lesser used skills. U could make it a class combo that drops a rune buffing allies with +10 attack. Of course its just an idea im sure u guys will come up with something Arcane.lol! "Cuz thats better than epic.":)

Alhuntrazeck
05-22-2014, 04:48 AM

IMO if they do implement arcane abilities there can be only one type for each class - mages get a shield, rogues a mana boost and warriors a damage boost which isn't too large - maulers (and magma claymores) hit too hard already. Why? Because I'm sure none of us want an arcane ring rogue who combos tanks to get an arcane ability that lets it one hit tanks.

Taejo
05-22-2014, 10:07 AM

I would love to to see combos in AL. I think it creates a wonderful collaboration while in elite parties or group PvP that this game desperately needs. The arcane abilities is a decent idea - but too similar to pet abilities and would be very tedious for STS to balance in PvP I think.

Crowsfoot
05-22-2014, 12:03 PM
Skill combos are rather restricting, IMO. There will be a few combos that will no doubt be the most desireable to preform and thus force end game players to spec according. The current system offers a lot of variation and adaptation via the skill upgrades.

More skills unlockable at higher levels and maybe additional upgrades for each skill is the only addition I would truly endorse.

Energizeric
05-22-2014, 12:51 PM
they should make multiple combos, but each would require a combination of all 3 classes to participate. That would help encourage a mix of classes in pvp and pve, rather than seeing the best timed runs by a party of all rogues and the best pvp team all warriors.

Madnex
05-22-2014, 01:02 PM
Skill combos have been in the top of my "things I'd like to see implemented" list for ages; challenging and fun to perform as we saw in previous Legends titles. It'd make the game far more interesting than the usual skill-spam mess with the occassional charging. Looking forward to the day my suggestion will see the light of day.

Taejo
05-23-2014, 11:22 AM
Skill combos are rather restricting, IMO. There will be a few combos that will no doubt be the most desireable to preform and thus force end game players to spec according. The current system offers a lot of variation and adaptation via the skill upgrades.

More skills unlockable at higher levels and maybe additional upgrades for each skill is the only addition I would truly endorse.

Not necessarily. Pocket Legends has a great combo system, and like all of the Legends titles, STS can simply improve and expand on the mechanics. Again, the primary benefit of combos is to have people pay attention and work together (the combos can sometimes be difficult to set off if party members are slacking or not paying attention). I think this will improve PUGs, elites, and PvP game play a good amount. There are pros and cons, like everything.

Azemeazed
06-04-2014, 03:02 AM
I would be really thankful if someone from the team could tell me if its useless to have skill points in passive damage, if im using for example pets with % to damage.
Couse after latest update its showing in my avatar display that i get only bonus from pet
For example i get 15% from abbadon and not 5% from my damage passive skill, and after i remove the pet i get my 5% from passive damage skill.
i tested this with pet which gives only % to damage (mysty), i summoned it and then resummoned and compared damages after and before summon. and it seems like i get 5% extra dmg without pet (which you get if you have maxed out passive damage skill) and only 10% extra damage with misty (not 15%, 10% from misty and 5% from passive skill).
so pls help i dont know should i respec or not, im low on plat... I had big break in game and not yet addicted enough to buy plats again so...

Also wanna know will movement speed stack, so is it pointless to put 5% to move/speed passive if i always use lets say slag and abbadon pets?

so to summerise my questions to be more direct:
1. do damage % from passive skill and pet stack? (example, do i get 20% damage boost with 5% passive skill and abbadons 15%, or only 15% from abby).
2. do speed % stack? (example, do i get 15% speed with slags 10% and 5% speed passive skill, or only slags 10%).

freakoutt
06-13-2014, 03:12 PM
Yeah i like a lot of these ideas, but howabout making a whole new section where we require skill points to upgrade this "character arcane ability" and it can go down different paths depending on what we want.. E.g mage has the option of a temporary shield, a heal (not necessarily mana but maybe some other benefit, or maybe even a OP attack such as a giant tidal wave (poor example) that does something specific to the classʹ strengths such as a stun? But i also think that these would need to be upgradable like normal skills and the boost of the benefits increased like normal skills :p idk just an idea that wouldn't make the class unbalance make mages any more squishy

extrapayah
07-31-2014, 03:08 PM
it's time to necro :P

i'd like to see:
1. access to all eight skills... the current cooldown restriction only limit the gameplay... which make it less fun... rpg character build skill should be varied, to
2. unique passive per class
3. nerf on onpopulari skills
4. since some upgrade on skills are depends on certain situation, i'd like an option to turn off learned upgrades
5. advanced upgrades, with certain skill/upgrade needs to be learned before

thank youuu

leve.nover
08-01-2014, 02:46 AM
Pls dont make it worser!

MoloToha
08-03-2014, 03:56 AM
I don't think that new skill system will take place earlier than mid or late autumn, so no need in necroing.

Rubana
08-03-2014, 05:56 AM
Today, (I play as Rogue so I take this exemple) every Rogue in PVP has the same skills and same gear. So the one with the better gear wins. Why shouldn't there be different mythic items (like different armors) or different skills? For exemple you can do a dodge based rogue: You have another armor and other skill build. So there would be differences in PVP. Crit built Rogue vs Dodge built? Or a warrior with another mythic that gives more armor and HP but less damage?
As already said... every rogue has now the same stats with mythic bow, mythic armor, mythic ring, fang, mythic pet. Thats not funny because all are built on damage.

For another skill system I have another idea: The skill system may be like upgarding.
Let's take an exemple:
Rogue can unlock Aimed Shot -> after he can decide between +10% damage or on crit 250% damage
Or with the razor shield -> +10% damage or +10%dodge

So you can only choose ONE!
I think such changes will make PVP (and maybe PVE too) more interesting. :)
Think about it (STS too :P) and disscus below.

Destroyerfour
08-04-2014, 06:14 AM
NC!

fiftyonecents
08-04-2014, 04:18 PM
hmmmm not quite sure about this yet ....need to re-read seems a bit too fast paced and not a lot of details on your idea, not many will understand this idea you have in mind just yet..........I will check back later maybe to give my opinion on your new thread.

Thanks.

MoloToha
08-09-2014, 12:33 PM
I think, current skill system lacks multilinearity, there should be at least 2 ways of development. Tanks should have a choice between pure tank (like now) and DD tank builds (with worse survivability but significantly higher damage output). Maybe, to have a skill with 250% damage on critical, like aimed/lightning, but then Juggernaut will be locked. Rogues should have a choice between "High crit and 1v1" (like now) and "High dodge and AoE" builds (they have this option now, but it's not enough and also, razor shield draws tons of aggro, it's badly balanced). Mages should chose between "Lots of DoTs, pesky debuffs, curse and a shield, but low damage" (like now) and "highest raw damage output in game, but no DoTs and debuffs/curses" (with shield, of course), because looking at stats, mages were designed to be pure DD, but unfortunately, they aren't.

Caabatric
08-16-2014, 12:47 AM
Why not a separate skill build slots for pve and pvp? Since the game is constantly improving and enhancing the skill system it is better to have a wide range variety of strategic skill build.. One click and then your pvp skill build is set all ready for ctfs or tdms or vice versa. I just only hope sts will improve this skill system according to the majorities taste.

every class takes rogues aim shot or nox bolt

Soundlesskill
08-16-2014, 09:01 AM
How about making a quest for a whole new skill to each class?

So if you're 40+ you can take a quest involving A LOT of elites, hence raising prices and making the PvE players happy. Also include the crafting system in the quest. When you finish it you will recieve a new skill.

grandalfh90
09-04-2014, 12:40 AM
Nice idea!;)

Lidless
09-04-2014, 04:51 PM
Allow mages 5 skills and dont change anything else ^^

Instanthumor
09-05-2014, 12:10 AM
Allow mages 5 skills and dont change anything else ^^

Seems legit.

noahgoulin
09-14-2014, 04:42 AM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=64735&d=1393433998

Jig
09-15-2014, 06:30 AM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=64735&d=1393433998

omagawd new skill new skill start the riot

Ice
10-12-2014, 02:03 AM
When the new skills update! its getting boring now with the same skills over and over again... i wish i can add more 1 skills slot so we can add more combo into it.

Also you guys know in the next Cap there will be more skill point and skills are already max out!