PDA

View Full Version : Unnerf Mage skills in PvP

falmear
02-25-2014, 06:25 PM
Can we now unnerf mage skills in PvP. We have many pets doing the exact same thing that mage skills were suppose to do. Lets look at some of these skills:

Time Shift - This skill doesn't root. Yet we have a pet like Crawly which does exactly what Time Shift was suppose to do. Time shift only slows your opponent down. Why doesn't Time shift function like Crawly?

Gale - Suppose to have a a knock back effect but only stuns. Vixen does what Gale is suppose to do.

Frost Bolt - Doesn't freeze your opponents in place and just slows them down. This should be the same as Crawly, they are freezed in place as the description says but they can still attack.

How is it its okay for pets to have the same abilities but we have our skills nerfed so they don't operate the same way. The devs keep giving away our skills to other classes so they can utilize them yet we still have to keep using these nerfed skills in PvP. Isn't it time we fix this situation because I don't see any argument against this since these pets are doing the exact same thing a mage's skills are suppose to do.

Solid
02-25-2014, 06:27 PM
Can we un nerf the rogues crit?

Thx..

falmear
02-25-2014, 06:28 PM
Can we un nerf the rogues crit?

Thx..

What does aimed shot do in PvE that it doesn't do in PvP?

Zeus
02-25-2014, 06:33 PM
Agreed, although the one that that I do think should be kept nerfed is clock. If used right, clock is very very powerful. Heck, ask Arrypotta how he uses it. :)

Solid
02-25-2014, 06:42 PM
What does aimed shot do in PvE that it doesn't do in PvP?

Every season, crit has been nerfed.

In PvE, aimedshot does a lot more damage.

falmear
02-25-2014, 06:50 PM

This is the same for lightning. And its been well established aimed shot does significantly more damage then lightning. So how about we agree to unnerf lightning make aimed shot and lightning equal in damage and boost the damage of both?

Ebezaanec
02-25-2014, 07:58 PM

In every season, Crit increases substantially.. How is it even fair when Rogues reach +75% Crit?

Xenobiotic
02-25-2014, 08:50 PM
In every season, Crit increases substantially.. How is it even fair when Rogues reach +75% Crit?

Atm rogues are far more op then any class imo, literally like I get 3k crit by mythic rogues, wow thats complete bs cause if I do achieve over 3k hp (which I never will) I'll never have as much dmg as I do with tarlok. Warriors and smurfs are perfectly balanced the way they are imo, and I think that if clock did actually root in place, it would be so op.

Jexetta
02-25-2014, 09:14 PM
I can agree that it feels pretty sad that you can't use all your skills to their full potential in PvP, to the greatest extent this applies to mages more then any class.

That being said, the pet skill comparisons are valid only to the extent that while they can do similar abilities that a mage can, their cool down period between casts is much higher. The pet skills mentioned above typically have a 20-25 second cooldown whereas the mage skills range from 3 seconds for ice, 5.5 seconds for gale, and 10 seconds for timeshift. If you could imagine mages casting gale every 5.5 seconds, freezing every 3 seconds or rooting every 10 it would be pretty extreme in anyone's imagination. You would definitely need to introduce skill immunity for each skill in order for PvP to function well. Honestly, I wish their was a greater array of skill usage for all classes for PvP that actually worked. I know people have suggested several builds for all classes but really if any class has the greatest range of skill builds it would be the mage.

For rogues - razor shield should have extreme dodge, bombs and traps with the 'explode' skill should do significant damage.

Mages - I would love if all the above you suggested worked as long as there was a skill immunity - I think anyone could understand my trepidation just thinking about the skill spam if there wasn't.

For tanks - Make rally cry actually competitive with the other skills? 25% run speed ftw?

I don't know... I'm starting to ramble, but I can understand where you are coming from Falmear.

Ravager
02-25-2014, 10:30 PM
Can we now unnerf mage skills in PvP. We have many pets doing the exact same thing that mage skills were suppose to do. Lets look at some of these skills:

Time Shift - This skill doesn't root. Yet we have a pet like Crawly which does exactly what Time Shift was suppose to do. Time shift only slows your opponent down. Why doesn't Time shift function like Crawly?

Gale - Suppose to have a a knock back effect but only stuns. Vixen does what Gale is suppose to do.

Frost Bolt - Doesn't freeze your opponents in place and just slows them down. This should be the same as Crawly, they are freezed in place as the description says but they can still attack.

How is it its okay for pets to have the same abilities but we have our skills nerfed so they don't operate the same way. The devs keep giving away our skills to other classes so they can utilize them yet we still have to keep using these nerfed skills in PvP. Isn't it time we fix this situation because I don't see any argument against this since these pets are doing the exact same thing a mage's skills are suppose to do.

Well with clock, as soon as it is done, you can charge it again. That will be almost like eternal root.

For ice, the cooldown is so small that many would be constantly iced, rooted or whatever the effect would be.

falmear
02-25-2014, 11:46 PM
Well with clock, as soon as it is done, you can charge it again. That will be almost like eternal root.

For ice, the cooldown is so small that many would be constantly iced, rooted or whatever the effect would be.

For clock you could be rooted for a smaller period of time, then you are only snared. You could have immunity from being frozen much like stuns.

Zomnisorc
02-26-2014, 06:25 AM
Thinking as a sorcerer, we certainly need at least one of those stuns/roots back. With the stun immunity on 7.5 seconds it's not going to be overpowered anyway.

Thinking as a rogue, only agreed if the root/stun durations of those skills are halved. Also, both gale and frost bolt stuns should be considered in the same category as fireball stuns. This is just to avoid extreme stunlocks (eg. fireball stun, freeze, gale stun and push away from packs).

havenjacket
02-26-2014, 02:22 PM
By that account mages would have us stun, snared and rooted EVERY match....no

In pvp main focus is damage not these op sstuns n snares...its bad enuf rogues have to run around like dogs for their heals. Now u wanna make it harder? No no no...

Serancha
02-26-2014, 05:29 PM
If this were implemented, there would have to be some sort of terror/panic/stun/root immunity put in at the same time to block overlapping incapacitation (this is already an issue). Otherwise everyone is just rooted / stunned / panicked / terrified / cursed the entire time. No fight there.

havenjacket
02-26-2014, 05:36 PM
Rogues have to run like frantic dogs for their heal pack while mages only need to hit one button. Roguee have a disadvantage when all there is to a mage is stun, snare and root...if this is implemented then rogues rip...

Serancha
02-26-2014, 05:42 PM
That's how rogues get a bad reputation on this forum....now I see ^^

Imjebus
02-26-2014, 07:09 PM
Rogues have to run like frantic dogs for their heal pack while mages only need to hit one button. Roguee have a disadvantage when all there is to a mage is stun, snare and root...if this is implemented then rogues rip...

Oh sorry if you guys have 3 heals compared to our 1. Let's not forget the 1 hits. ;)

Nesox
02-26-2014, 10:20 PM
Oh sorry if you guys have 3 heals compared to our 1. Let's not forget the 1 hits. ;)

Also a full charge heals me for all of 67%. A quick tap does even less.

Rogues stuns are pretty much equal to ours at the moment. Any half decent rogue can still kill me in one shot... even while rooted.

Imjebus
02-26-2014, 10:50 PM

Rogues stuns are pretty much equal to ours at the moment. Any half decent rogue can still kill me in one shot... even while rooted.

Yeah...certain rogues just want sorcs nerfed more so we can't put up a fight.

Sky_is_epicgearz
02-27-2014, 10:07 AM
Yeah...certain rogues just want sorcs nerfed more so we can't put up a fight.

we already 100% lose to warriors......

Powerawesomer
02-27-2014, 10:32 AM
we already 100% lose to warriors......

Yup ^^

Cero
02-27-2014, 11:24 AM
Yep there are many skill avility that doesnt work in pvp compare to other classes.
Lightning aoe, this skill is fun to play with in pve.
Frost arctic shatter, OP if it works in pvp just like timeshift and i would say its better than crawly

havenjacket
02-27-2014, 11:28 AM

Yeah...certain rogues just want sorcs nerfed more so we can't put up a fight. mages have currently 4 stun skills, 2 snare skills and most of em work in pvp...they arent nerfed atm. You wouldnt undrstand endgame cuz ur a twink

Sky_is_epicgearz
02-27-2014, 12:22 PM
mages have currently 4 stun skills, 2 snare skills and most of em work in pvp...they arent nerfed atm. You wouldnt undrstand endgame cuz ur a twink

Dear Sir/Madam,
You are forgetting the stun immunity rule which applies to all classes. Mages can stun once every seven and a half second (disregarding the use of pets) so In fairness rogues can stun equally with the use of a charged auto attack. And because the only class with the highest dodge is rogues, the chances that a Mage will dodge a rogues stun with a charged attack are very remote.

So by pointing out that a Mage has four stun skills doesn't really prove much..... Two of those stun skills have the 'potential' to stun so most mages don't use them or drop of the stun upgrade in favour of relying on the guaranteed stun on fire and no one uses wind in pvp unless for flagging. The 2 root skills (which you described as snaring skills) where originally meant to 'root' with right upgrades active... It has been nerfed in pvp to only snare. I understand why they have been nerfed as having continuous rooting capability would be very OP.

I just don't want these upgrades to be simply dropped off. I would like to see something like......instead of rooting on ice/time shift they would do the complete opposite of crawly's ability but for a shorter time. By this I mean instead of locking movement, it would instead lock skills briefly but still allow movement.
Yours Truly,

Sky

havenjacket
02-27-2014, 01:00 PM
mages have currently 4 stun skills, 2 snare skills and most of em work in pvp...they arent nerfed atm. You wouldnt undrstand endgame cuz ur a twink

Dear Sir/Madam,
You are forgetting the stun immunity rule which applies to all classes. Mages can stun once every seven and a half second (disregarding the use of pets) so In fairness rogues can stun equally with the use of a charged auto attack. And because the only class with the highest dodge is rogues, the chances that a Mage will dodge a rogues stun with a charged attack are very remote.

So by pointing out that a Mage has four stun skills doesn't really prove much..... Two of those stun skills have the 'potential' to stun so most mages don't use them or drop of the stun upgrade in favour of relying on the guaranteed stun on fire and no one uses wind in pvp unless for flagging. The 2 root skills (which you described as snaring skills) where originally meant to 'root' with right upgrades active... It has been nerfed in pvp to only snare. I understand why they have been nerfed as having continuous rooting capability would be very OP.

I just don't want these upgrades to be simply dropped off. I would like to see something like......instead of rooting on ice/time shift they would do the complete opposite of crawly's ability but for a shorter time. By this I mean instead of locking movement, it would instead lock skills briefly but still allow movement.
Yours Truly,

Sky Yeah. Rogues main stat is completely knocked off pvp, and thats fair for us?
Our 30-40% dodge is completely useless in pvp, so by that account, sts shud give us our dodge back ,no?

Classes have weaknesses n strengths. Instead of acceptin dat fact, ur asking for buffs -FOR STUNS and snares.?Lol so u wanna own all rogues by stunlock or root?

If root is implemented we rogues would get screwed unlike yall cuz we have to run like dogs for our heal....leave pvp as it is

Spartansultan
02-27-2014, 01:50 PM

MAYBE because the armor of the mobs or bosses is lesser then a mythic war ?

Sky_is_epicgearz
02-27-2014, 02:14 PM
Yeah. Rogues main stat is completely knocked off pvp, and thats fair for us?
Our 30-40% dodge is completely useless in pvp, so by that account, sts shud give us our dodge back ,no?

Classes have weaknesses n strengths. Instead of acceptin dat fact, ur asking for buffs -FOR STUNS and snares.?Lol so u wanna own all rogues by stunlock or root?

If root is implemented we rogues would get screwed unlike yall cuz we have to run like dogs for our heal....leave pvp as it is

Dear Sir/Madam,
The only thing that cannot be dodged is skills and a few pet abilities. Having 30% - 40% is very useful to avoid stuns from other rogues and dodging pet abilities, one such example is Clyde.
Please do tell what strength the Mage class have when it comes to pvp that any other class does not posses? Mages get owned by warriors and the one of the most powerful skill that a Mage has, curse (in my opinion) is easily countered with shadow veil. Even without using shadow veil any smart rogue who knows how curse works can kill a curse Mage easily.
As for weaknesses...... I could make a list:
Worst armour
Worst heal in the game
Most skills need to be CHARGED for the upgrades to work (example shield must be charged to get 2 sec invulnerability, fire and light needs to be charged to stun)
And those are just a few.
Why are you telling me about rogues running for packs as I did not say that rooting skills should be allowed. In fact I said quite the contrary. Please read what I write before accusing me of what I clearly what I didn't say/write. Running for packs is that hard?? Stun immunity.... 7.5 seconds..... I'm sure you could get to all your packs in 7.5 seconds.
Yours Truly,

Sky

Deadroth
02-27-2014, 04:00 PM
Yeah. Rogues main stat is completely knocked off pvp, and thats fair for us?

Erm.. Rogues have bigger crit, dodge, armor, health, almost same dps (if not higher) and not so much less dmg than mages...

And You r raging that our skills r just bugged? If i invest skillpoints in skill i suppose it should work, if not, it is bugged, lol

--------------
PS. Your aimed can crit 3000 dmg so what we r talking about... Aimed, Nox (pierce) -> smurfdeady

-------------
I love when rogues r joining our petitions.

PS. What is weakness of rogues then?

havenjacket
02-27-2014, 04:06 PM
Dear Sir/Madam,
The only thing that cannot be dodged is skills and a few pet abilities. Having 30% - 40% is very useful to avoid stuns from other rogues and dodging pet abilities, one such example is Clyde.
Please do tell what strength the Mage class have when it comes to pvp that any other class does not posses? Mages get owned by warriors and the one of the most powerful skill that a Mage has, curse (in my opinion) is easily countered with shadow veil. Even without using shadow veil any smart rogue who knows how curse works can kill a curse Mage easily.
As for weaknesses...... I could make a list:
Worst armour
Worst heal in the game
Most skills need to be CHARGED for the upgrades to work (example shield must be charged to get 2 sec invulnerability, fire and light needs to be charged to stun)
And those are just a few.
Why are you telling me about rogues running for packs as I did not say that rooting skills should be allowed. In fact I said quite the contrary. Please read what I write before accusing me of what I clearly what I didn't say/write. Running for packs is that hard?? Stun immunity.... 7.5 seconds..... I'm sure you could get to all your packs in 7.5 seconds.
Yours Truly,

Sky If youre not talking about rooting, snares etc youre goin off topic
The stuns ur talkin about is only auto attack stuns, thats the only thing we can avoid, as well as pet arcanes - and mages dont do charged auto attacks so its irelevant anyway

Mages have clock...op in pvp against warrior and rogue..hav u tried before?
Yes running for packs is impossible if u are rooted and hard if snared, like i said the thread is about more roots and snares so dont go off topic

Mages hav more survivability than a warrior when they have arcane shield on - its true
Rogues dont have ANY survivability skills whilst mages have arcane shield
Rogues dont have any stun skills
Rogues dont have a 2sec invincibility which is vry OP
Mages and rogues have the same hp when geared well equally
Mages hav more dmg than rogues easily

Erm.. Rogues have bigger crit, dodge, armor, health, almost same dps (if not higher) and not so much less dmg than mages...

And You r raging that our skills r just bugged? If i invest skillpoints in skill i suppose it should work, if not, it is bugged, lol

--------------
PS. Your aimed can crit 3000 dmg so what we r talking about... Aimed, Nox (pierce) -> smurfdeady

-------------
I love when rogues r joining our petitions.

PS. What is weakness of rogues then?

Mages have bigger armor, same hp, similar crit (what, 5 or 10% lower? Thats not much at all consierding crit is rogues main stat like mana is mages), 100 more dmg than rogues. Dodge is useless so y r u even saying it?

I invest my points in my heal and it always fails when a mage or other class or pets stuns me SO WHY PACKS FAIL and go into cd? Its bugged too by ur logicc packs mostly fail. Ur skills arent bugged, sts made em like that so that u cant perma stun, freeze, root, snare us. U have over 4 stun, 2 snare and 2 root skills now is that not OP...duhhhh. Sts nerfed rogues' crit a lot

-------
PS. A mage cn 3 hit rogues ANYTIME whilst rogues can only oneshot or whatever when mages are on shield cd...which is stronger..? Obviously the mages dmg

-----
I love when mages want everything...already have dmg, hp and crowd control. Now they want more crowd control so that rogues cant wven run to their heals.

Ps. Our weakness is our heals, they fail and we have to waste time running around for em when i could put in 2 extra pierces -- 'Rogues have the lowest survivability read bolded message....Whats a mages weakness? Shield cd? Heal? Thats it...

Zeus
02-27-2014, 04:12 PM
Dear Sir/Madam,

Yours Truly,

Sky

Stun immunity doesn't seem to apply to warriors. Their stuns last FOREVER!

Zeus
02-27-2014, 04:14 PM
It's really not fair to treat the sorcerer class like this. Honestly, they should be able to enjoy PvP and feel like they are powerful.

Sky_is_epicgearz
02-27-2014, 04:18 PM
Stun immunity doesn't seem to apply to warriors. Their stuns last FOREVER!

Something that should be looked into.... I suppose...... I think the stun proc from maul disregards stun immunity also. I'm too busy running from warriors to notice stuns :)

havenjacket
02-27-2014, 04:20 PM
It's really not fair to treat the sorcerer class like this. Honestly, they should be able to enjoy PvP and feel like they are powerful. zeus, not tryin to be disrespectful, just cuz u can beat mages and ur guild is maxed out not evry1 is maxed out n kill mages equal gear. People tht are maxed never fight in legendary and think they can opinionate on the whole class all gear

Sry but it may be that with maxed rogues bt with non full myth, it is the opposite. Mages who know how to play da clss can easily kill rogues...thy can stun lock for half da match if know how

Haligali
02-27-2014, 04:59 PM
Sorcerer is class for pve farming,deal with it! Do km3 and avoid all forms of pvp.

Tapatalk-kal küldve az én LG-V500-el

Zeus
02-27-2014, 05:03 PM
zeus, not tryin to be disrespectful, just cuz u can beat mages and ur guild is maxed out not evry1 is maxed out n kill mages equal gear. People tht are maxed never fight in legendary and think they can opinionate on the whole class all gear

Sry but it may be that with maxed rogues bt with non full myth, it is the opposite. Mages who know how to play da clss can easily kill rogues...thy can stun lock for half da match if know how

In that case, you are out geared - it is not that the class is weak but you lack the gear. So, as you've stated your issue is the gear. You cannot change class balance to reflect the gear that you wear. The last time I checked, testing is done through characters having the equal stats. Otherwise, really, what is the point?

P.S: Even if I sounded like I was being direspectful, trust me, I am not trying to be.

Cheers!

havenjacket
02-27-2014, 05:13 PM
zeus, not tryin to be disrespectful, just cuz u can beat mages and ur guild is maxed out not evry1 is maxed out n kill mages equal gear. People tht are maxed never fight in legendary and think they can opinionate on the whole class all gear

In that case, you are out geared - it is not that the class is weak but you lack the gear. So, as you've stated your issue is the gear. You cannot change class balance to reflect the gear that you wear. The last time I checked, testing is done through characters having the equal stats. Otherwise, really, what is the point?

P.S: Even if I sounded like I was being direspectful, trust me, I am not trying to be.

Cheers! Aagain just statin points -

The game isn't built on maxed stats of a class, 75% shouldn't have an arcane or full mythics (maybe nt reality) but arcane n myth is suppose to be a goal not a norm. So the lack of gear isn't the problem, the stats are.

Haligali
02-27-2014, 05:17 PM
Yep there are many skill avility that doesnt work in pvp compare to other classes.
Frost arctic shatter, OP if it works in pvp just like timeshift and i would say its better than crawly

Lol Cero,did you know that both subskills you mentioned are working in pvp? just they happens in every season once.

With electrical discharge,you need to kill someone with lightning, then you got a minimal chance and release bolts. This is very good in tombs,but in pvp,the problem is the same as on elite mobs:because they got lot hp,you kill very few with the initial lightning, rather with dot or auto attack or with your pet.

Arctic shatter also works,but its impossible to make an ice patch. You need to kill someone with initial impact of frost bolt while he is under the effect of the previous frost bolt.. then you got a chance to make an ice patch and who walks over it will experience a real freeze. This happened to me twice during my whole al life.

So these are both useless..

Cero
02-28-2014, 02:14 AM

Lol Cero,did you know that both subskills you mentioned are working in pvp? just they happens in every season once.

With electrical discharge,you need to kill someone with lightning, then you got a minimal chance and release bolts. This is very good in tombs,but in pvp,the problem is the same as on elite mobs:because they got lot hp,you kill very few with the initial lightning, rather with dot or auto attack or with your pet.

Arctic shatter also works,but its impossible to make an ice patch. You need to kill someone with initial impact of frost bolt while he is under the effect of the previous frost bolt.. then you got a chance to make an ice patch and who walks over it will experience a real freeze. This happened to me twice during my whole al life.

So these are both useless..

It is the same in a way that it isnt working.
As you've explained "By chance" success is close to none that is why i said it "doesnt work" :P

Fauksuras
02-28-2014, 03:08 AM
Don't forget about Scorch shield.

Haligali
02-28-2014, 04:29 AM
As you've explained "By chance" success is close to none that is why i said it "doesnt work" :P

I think that frost bolt not only does not freeze, but the slow/snare effect is just a 50% chance. If it works, then the duration of the snare/slow effect is very short, around half compared to pve.

Cero
02-28-2014, 05:50 AM

I think that frost bolt not only does not freeze, but the slow/snare effect is just a 50% chance. If it works, then the duration of the snare/slow effect is very short, around half compared to pve.

Yep sorc's CC will destroy other class' dmg or armor specialty. I can understand why devs nerf them in pvp but i think they nerf it too much that sorc end up short to stop rogue's combo or warrior's durability.
Remember S2? No other class than sorc themself to counter other sorc's stunlock that was a nice memories:)

Next cap, they say something about class refinement or something. Im excited to how they will improve sorc class. Im hoping it would bring some decent things for sorc to do better than this season.