PDA

View Full Version : Single Spawn Room for CTF

Zeus
02-25-2014, 06:38 PM
Hello Developers,

Is there a way for the developer team to implement a single spawn room CTF map or rewrite coding so that everybody on your team spawns in one room?

Why:
• It would help get rid of the spawning, as if you attempted to spawn another team, not only would they be at full power - they would also have a shield to protect them. The current implementation of the spawn bubble stops one from getting hit but it does not help if certain guilds abuse the map by consistently killing the opposing team before they've had the chance to regroup.

So please, can the developers either rewrite the code so team members all spawn in one spawn or create a new map that is less spawn friendly?

falmear
02-25-2014, 07:47 PM
I agree and I'd like to see this for TDM. Too many times when trying to regroup in TDM you get jumped by 4.

Zeus
02-25-2014, 08:17 PM
I agree and I'd like to see this for TDM. Too many times when trying to regroup in TDM you get jumped by 4.

How would you suggest developers accomplish this in TDM? Sincerely, I'm curious because in TDM, since you have no bubble, allowing a single respawn spot could allow half the team waiting for you at your spawn zone.

Secondly, if we gave TDM a protection bubble, how would it work? The reason why I am asking is that there's a threshold in the CTF spawn room where the bubble stops. How would somebody judge this area in TDM?

Zylx
02-25-2014, 08:32 PM
For CTF, ehhh no. The developers made two spawn zones for a reason. Not everyone is a full-fledged twink. If there was one spawn area, it would make it so much faster and easier for people to kill farm, no? Although there should be another PvP arena which allows for a team vs team survival game where the team respawns together after the last person on their team dies.

Impact
02-25-2014, 08:43 PM
(null)
Its to limit boosters Im guessing

Xenobiotic
02-25-2014, 08:47 PM
And please add a 360 camera PLEASE, I wanna smash my tablet when I'm playing and all of a sudden I get caught by an axe throw and boom 5 people jump me.

Zeus
02-25-2014, 08:49 PM
For CTF, ehhh no. The developers made two spawn zones for a reason. Not everyone is a full-fledged twink. If there was one spawn area, it would make it so much faster and easier for people to kill farm, no? Although there should be another PvP arena which allows for a team vs team survival game where the team respawns together after the last person on their team dies.

Kill farming in CTF isn't done with this method. Actually, it's done through a glitch which I am not going to publicly say on forums.

Zeus
02-25-2014, 08:50 PM
Its to limit boosters Im guessing

So for a small number of players, everybody else has to suffer? That isn't right IMO.

Meovv
02-25-2014, 09:57 PM
The number of dummy farmers in game are a minority, perhaps only 1/100 of the total players that PvP kill farm. As Zeus said, this isn't rightfully fair to ALL the other legit players that wish to have a fair 5v5 CTF match.

Ebezaanec
02-25-2014, 10:19 PM
How would you suggest developers accomplish this in TDM? Sincerely, I'm curious because in TDM, since you have no bubble, allowing a single respawn spot could allow half the team waiting for you at your spawn zone.

Secondly, if we gave TDM a protection bubble, how would it work? The reason why I am asking is that there's a threshold in the CTF spawn room where the bubble stops. How would somebody judge this area in TDM?

STG can implement small enclaves at opposite ends of the map for spawning.

Instanthumor
02-26-2014, 12:16 AM
+1 to the idea, however, it would mess up the map of CTF. It's going to be hard to format a fair PvP map with only one spawn room and one flag room for each team.

Let's say we take out the vertical spawns, and are only left with the two side spawns. In a real CTF match, you could take the flag from the side where the opposing team doesn't spawn, and easily flag it from there if the opponents can't handle the other four teammates in your team. I hope you understand where I'm getting at, it would be hard to reorient the CTF room with only one spawn room each.

Zeus
02-26-2014, 11:55 AM
+1 to the idea, however, it would mess up the map of CTF. It's going to be hard to format a fair PvP map with only one spawn room and one flag room for each team.

Let's say we take out the vertical spawns, and are only left with the two side spawns. In a real CTF match, you could take the flag from the side where the opposing team doesn't spawn, and easily flag it from there if the opponents can't handle the other four teammates in your team. I hope you understand where I'm getting at, it would be hard to reorient the CTF room with only one spawn room each.

In PL, the CTF maps were even bigger than this, but they only had one spawn room. So, I don't see how it would mess up CTF. Personally, if you just make the team spawn in the spawn room that is closest to their flag (the one that allows you to dash straight and then make a right, and a quick left and you are at their flag spawn), I see it working out fine. The other spawn rooms, they could block off with the gates that they make in the beginning of a map.

MoloToha
02-26-2014, 12:36 PM
Why shouldn't dev team implement shield with an unability to attack and pick flags? It's like you are a ghost. Shield lasts until the button on the HUD is pressed. Then, if team is defeated, they re-group in a ghost mode and then press buttons. Some players can abuse it by staying in a ghost mode, but it's the same as just being AFK in current version of PvP. Also players shouldn't be able to leave ghost mode when they are too close to the opponent. It should prevent spawning in the center of opponents' formation. Also ghost mode movement speed should be increased to speed up re-group and to prevent a situation when opponents chase ghosted players making them unable to leave ghost mode.