PDA

View Full Version : Lvl 50 lowers drop rate?

Pharcyde
12-03-2010, 06:43 PM
Okay so when I was low level (About 30 or so) I got tons of green and purple drops in Dark Forest. Hell I even got a Pink Forest Chain. But now that I am level 50 when I farm dark forest I don't get anything ever. A green is now a great sight to see since nothing but junk drops..

(Logic behind this is I farmed Dark Forest at lvl 30 for about 10 runs and got 4 purples and 1 pink. At Level 50 I can farm it all week long and get junk.)

So does the drop rate get rigged for low level dungeons for high levels?
* It would make sense, keeping PVP gear from getting farmed to nothing *

icantgetkills
12-03-2010, 06:50 PM
I was actually thinking the same I was on my lvl 50 and lvl 10s were getting purples a lot in dark forest hidden passage (if thats were u actually farm the pinks). And I was like -.-

Pharcyde
12-03-2010, 06:53 PM
I was actually thinking the same I was on my lvl 50 and lvl 10s were getting purples a lot in dark forest hidden passage (if thats were u actually farm the pinks). And I was like -.-

THATS WHAT GAVE ME THE IDEA! I always thought it was extreme noob luck coming getting a pink or purp and leaving. But It happens sooo damn much and lvl 50's never get anything good. Have you noticed that like in alien oasis 3 that its always the lowest level in the group who gets the wraith or power armor?....

Seratonin
12-05-2010, 04:59 AM
I think that is correct, I can't hardly ever get any pink drops when I run lowbies through maps. What one could do is build a team for farming, and freeze xp gain in options to keep team at proper level for farming the zone... =O

Lesrider
12-05-2010, 05:27 AM
Read my sig quote :)

Ellyidol
12-05-2010, 06:29 AM
I don't think level affects drop rate. If it does, 50 should increase drop rates in lower level maps too then. When we had Sagkai's market before, we would usually do a Zuraz Lance run once in awhile just to kill boredom, and we got a couple from the first run of the day. Probably did 10 a day, but always seemed to drop on the first one. Which always made us LOL.

WhoIsThis
12-05-2010, 06:43 AM
Can we have a dev confirm or deny this? I'm a level 30 and I haven't seen any changes.

Ellyidol
12-05-2010, 06:46 AM
Can we have a dev confirm or deny this? I'm a level 30 and I haven't seen any changes.

I'm pretty sure it isn't true. I don't think anything affects drop rate other than a Luck elixir for re-roll and pure luck.

If your THAT lucky, you could go 10 wraith armours straight, its possible, but the odds are as close to 0 as possible.

Arterra
12-05-2010, 10:07 AM
nah even closer would be:
-everyone gets a wriath
-then everyone gets a green ice item (different)
-you find a purple kite shield.

Ellyidol
12-05-2010, 10:10 AM
nah even closer would be:
-everyone gets a wriath
-then everyone gets a green ice item (different)
-you find a purple kite shield.

I wonder what the odds are. Wanna do the math? :D

Royce
12-05-2010, 11:17 AM
You were lucky earlier. You haven't been lately. Your level does not affect your drop chances. I thought the forum had moved on from this ridiculous stuff...

Lesrider
12-05-2010, 11:37 AM
Eh, seems like there's a new thread like this every few days...

Paralyzer
12-05-2010, 04:09 PM
Yay for myths!

Riccits
01-10-2011, 04:06 AM
lovenus, grats to ur kill stats... best i have ever seen! :)

Riccits
01-10-2011, 07:37 AM
yeah its easy to die for some bad reason... like some seconds of lag.. some dungeons u can never play when i want to keep this record.. ;)

Pharcyde
01-10-2011, 11:24 AM
Eh, seems like there's a new thread like this every few days...

I'm not like superstition and crazy weird luck dances and OCD kids trying to improve their drop rates, but time after time. Noobies get a pink drop every single time I am polite and run a low dungeon for them nd I get junk. I would say my luck is very very good too. With buying a wraith and power armor for under 50k two times in a row on the CS. Also I get very very lucky when running ao3. My luck can't just run out like that :).

Snakespeare
01-10-2011, 11:32 AM
IDK, I run twinks in these maps, such as Artio my bear with xp turned off at 14. I do not get pinks often. If you got two pinks once with someone that was a lucky day. I do get purples with Artio.

I think there is no relation between level and the drops.

Pharcyde
01-10-2011, 11:34 AM
I hope not. Maybe my luck rubs off on the lower levels that I run through. I can pretty much verify that theres at least 1 pink drop per dungeon level. Some worth some pretty good numbers too.

Ayrilana
01-10-2011, 11:53 AM
If you sacrifice a few birds on a boss, your drop rate will increase. ;)

Pharcyde
01-10-2011, 11:57 AM
*Rips out bird heart. Lowers head, gets on knees and bestow's heart to Overlord* "Oh mighty one, bless me with your armor"

CanonicalKoi
01-10-2011, 03:15 PM
*Rips out bird heart. Lowers head, gets on knees and bestow's heart to Overlord* "Oh mighty one, bless me with your armor"

*Smacks Pharcyde upside the head* "Gimme that back!"

Arterra
01-10-2011, 03:24 PM
good thing im making another mage. I WILL get the next lv10 armor

I'm taking others if they want to join. It is time to get serious lol