PDA

View Full Version : Archers Stripped of Dodge.

Nightarcher
12-03-2010, 08:19 PM
Defence. It's the best offense, and keeps you alive in battle.

Ursan bears- they naturally are very tough and their skills increase their armor for better survivability.

Mages- these use magic to protect themselves, from their defensive buffs, to their two healing skills and mana shield.

Archers- pathetic chickens with powerful weapons and no way of protecting themselves except to kill the opponent, because although we sacrifice armor, we still for some reason can't dodge any better than a bulky bear.

---

See the problem here? Dodge has always been vital to archers' survival. We can't tank as well, and don't have armor boosts like the other two classes.

The current maximum dodge boost from Archer Evasion is 24. And with full void, we have 38 buffed dodge. Given the amount of dodge-reducing skills, this gives us basically no dodge and no protection but the armor on our backs.

---

My suggestion: for every 10 dexterity points an Avian has above 150 (not to overpower dual-spec people), an extra dodge is added to their base stats. Here would be the result:

Base stats with full void: increased by 13, from 14 to 27.
Buffed stats with full void: increased by 13, from 38 to 51.

This allows birds to survive a bit longer, and helps balancing. Thoughts? :)

Lesrider
12-03-2010, 09:08 PM
I like.
Is it possible the whole thing is a glitch? Stranger things have happened...

Nightarcher
12-03-2010, 09:34 PM
No, they stripped Dex of its Dodge bonuses, put less on Equipment, and halved the Evasion dodge buff.

Lesrider
12-03-2010, 09:36 PM
Yes I understand they did all that. But is it possible the whole dex/dodge thing was a mistake? There have been other mistakes recently that were just as absurd.

Pharcyde
12-03-2010, 10:27 PM
STS went overboard with the rebalance. Personally I would have kept it how it was before *With the rush nerfed of course*.
I would only focus on super hero strengths in builds and super wimp weakness's in builds. All you have to do is tweak a few stats to balance everything. Editting all the gears, builds, and dungeons has really messed up the game. If there was difficulty modes in Pocket Legends, It would be Hard before rebalance, easy after rebalance, and simply n00b toddler level currently.

Lesrider
12-04-2010, 01:31 AM
Agreed. All classes had a purpose before the nerf. Mages just needed a bit more survivability and it would have been perfect. Now bears are useless. They just slow down the team, serving no real purpose, especially if there's a pally in the team. But apparently, lots of people complained it was too hard, so they neutered all the bosses. Personally, I think they could have made them a bit easier and still kept the challenge. But they Overnerfed to the point that none of the bosses pose any sort of threat.

STS went overboard with the rebalance. Personally I would have kept it how it was before *With the rush nerfed of course*.
I would only focus on super hero strengths in builds and super wimp weakness's in builds. All you have to do is tweak a few stats to balance everything. Editting all the gears, builds, and dungeons has really messed up the game. If there was difficulty modes in Pocket Legends, It would be Hard before rebalance, easy after rebalance, and simply n00b toddler level currently.

LoonnooL
12-04-2010, 05:02 AM
don't nerf mages's survivability, they are decent in surviving mobs with a huge cost to the mana.

lower the dodge rate of the bears.

increase the dodge rate of the birds.

icantgetkills
12-04-2010, 05:07 AM

The reason I disagree is that before the rebalance it wasn't balanced.... The only way you could enjoy twinking Is if you were a bird it's even now.. I used to go pvp Ctf everyone was dex it was stupid IMO

Lesrider
12-04-2010, 06:52 AM
The reason I disagree is that before the rebalance it wasn't balanced.... The only way you could enjoy twinking Is if you were a bird it's even now.. I used to go pvp Ctf everyone was dex it was stupid IMO

I sti think lvl and pve should be kept separate. People's twinkies should not affect people just wanting to play pve.