PDA

View Full Version : The Royal Scam

Summerland
02-26-2014, 12:43 AM
A friend of mine on AL was scammed yesterday, and within minutes his character was stripped of everything he's worked a year in the game to gain. All the time, big cash investment, and careful strategies played out - were gone in an instant. This guy is a great person, a generous gamer to others, and now he's dropped out of the game because being trashed like that sort of ruins your day. Like coming home from work and finding your front door wide open. A sick feeling stays with you for a long time when you realized you've been screwed over by a depraved person. To whomever did this, I hope AL already has you in their sites and that every time you sign on you feel uneasy and watched, every time you sign off you're afraid that you won't have anything to sign back on to, and you get a taste of what you've put others through. And then you choke on it.

scarysmerf
02-26-2014, 12:59 AM
I feel for your friend had some good guys quit cause they got scammed best thing to do is report them sts will hope fully return your lost items or gold witch ever got scammed out of. tell your friend never give up its still one of the best free games ive played for a long time.

Meguy
02-26-2014, 01:03 AM
I do not know how your friend got scammed, but as I read your post it is more likely he entrusted his account to someone else. :) Thats against TOS already so i think no one can really help him.

Instanthumor
02-26-2014, 01:25 AM
I do not know how your friend got scammed, but as I read your post it is more likely he entrusted his account to someone else. :) Thats against TOS already so i think no one can really help him.

You're making an assumption.

Anarchist
02-26-2014, 01:29 AM
A friend of mine on AL was scammed yesterday, and within minutes his character was stripped of everything he's worked a year in the game to gain. All the time, big cash investment, and careful strategies played out - were gone in an instant. This guy is a great person, a generous gamer to others, and now he's dropped out of the game because being trashed like that sort of ruins your day. Like coming home from work and finding your front door wide open. A sick feeling stays with you for a long time when you realized you've been screwed over by a depraved person. To whomever did this, I hope AL already has you in their sites and that every time you sign on you feel uneasy and watched, every time you sign off you're afraid that you won't have any anything to sign back on to, and you get a taste of what you've put others through. And then you choke on it.

So be it in Jesus name,
Amen.

famousfame
02-26-2014, 03:01 AM
Zilious is a top guy and was full arcane mage in no way did he deserve this hes worked dam hard to build his toon, I sincerely hope sts can restore his gear, everything was gone and acc deleted, he has acc restored but only his pets and armour/helm remain, this was the guy who opened 600 locks on double loot weeknd and looted 4 arcane and 6 mythics, he's lost everything, he is really devastated as am i.

Sent from my X909 using Tapatalk

famousfame
02-26-2014, 03:05 AM
The whole spirit of game and way its being played is giving me real bitter taste in mouth, scammers r rife as is other unsavory goings on, devs really need to step up and restore some kind of order.

Roberto077
02-26-2014, 06:37 AM
You're making an assumption.

A likely assumption nonetheless.

Paulsebi
02-26-2014, 08:40 AM
Zilious is a top guy and was full arcane mage in no way did he deserve this hes worked dam hard to build his toon, I sincerely hope sts can restore his gear, everything was gone and acc deleted, he has acc restored but only his pets and armour/helm remain, this was the guy who opened 600 locks on double loot weeknd and looted 4 arcane and 6 mythics, he's lost everything, he is really devastated as am i.

True, Zili is a great person / player and hope STS will solve his issue.

zilicious
02-26-2014, 06:22 PM
Thanks sum for making this thread
Sts did recover my acc
And I change my name, I hope sts will investigate this case closely
Anyway thanks to all good friend who keep encourage me not to quit game and still fight
Famousfame, paulsebi etc thanks for your support for me

Fyrce
02-26-2014, 08:40 PM
No one deserves to have their account taken.

However, if you tell someone your address and they see you have a million dollars stored, you're tempting them to pick your lock.
If, however, no one knows your address, well, 1st they'd have to figure out which residence is yours BEFORE they can try to break your lock.

Don't tell people your account name. And I hope that changing your name means you changed your account login name.

zilicious
02-26-2014, 08:48 PM

However, if you tell someone your address and they see you have a million dollars stored, you're tempting them to pick your lock.
If, however, no one knows your address, well, 1st they'd have to figure out which residence is yours BEFORE they can try to break your lock.

Don't tell people your account name. And I hope that changing your name means you changed your account login name.
I did change every details of it, thanks for the tips

karrdath
02-26-2014, 09:00 PM

Impact
02-26-2014, 09:16 PM

Not true, scammers deserve to have their account taken

Aziiii
02-27-2014, 03:25 AM
Every day ,another friend gets scammed....pls be carefull and hope that sts can solve it :(
I hope these things would stop.

diego1marcus
02-27-2014, 06:34 AM
i feel sorry for your friend. I can totally relate because back then when I started, I've been scammed countless of times already. Whoever your friend is, we should also learn from this and be careful next time.
What was the scam like? If we find out how the scam was, maybe we can avoid that person who scammed your friend

Paulsebi
02-27-2014, 07:36 AM
Thanks sum for making this thread
Sts did recover my acc
And I change my name, I hope sts will investigate this case closely
Anyway thanks to all good friend who keep encourage me not to quit game and still fight
Famousfame, paulsebi etc thanks for your support for me

Zili, no need to thank me! Due to the fact you are a great person / player I'm here to support you how much I can.

Whenever you need any help, you know where to find me!

And hope STS will bring back what was yours!

geosimos
02-27-2014, 10:42 AM
zili i am sorry for your lost items,
i know that you have spent a lot on this game...
but this from my opinion is not just a scam .... its also hacking
he log in to your account and he removed everything that you had,,,
sts should know about fishing hacking... a lots have been hacked from apps like give your email and pass and you will have unlimited plats and gold...
fishing hacking is also when i send you a log in form.. like the main page of al game...
and while you write down your information (pass and email) i am recording them with keylogger!!
Also i could easily pretend someone else a close friend or a Gm and make you give me your information too...
btw..
i strongly believe that sts should return all the belogings to this player...
because sts have confirmed to some plat users... that if you ever get hacked... we will return your staffs...
do you need any screenshot for this???

rangertabak
02-27-2014, 11:39 AM
I hope.sts can bring back zilicious item..so sad to hear your horror story!

Richard Fingland
02-27-2014, 12:10 PM
I confirm that this guy was an arcane mage. I have looked upon his staff many times. STS please return this wizards staff.

Ari
Dark Masters

Nagin
02-27-2014, 03:46 PM
His stuff cannot be refunded except his platinum based items, it would've been refunded if he accidentally liquified it..

As far as i know sts cannot trace tradable items/gold... Suppose zili gave his staff to his frnd for holding on for few days and if sts gives him new staff so he can easily cheat the system.... ( just an example why it cannot be refunded)

Anyways good luck zili, if u need help with anything add bwtichod

Ilvias
02-27-2014, 04:31 PM
I'm sorry for you zili, hope sts restores your equipment. Especially your arcane rod. Things like that shouldn't happened to nobody.

zilicious
02-27-2014, 06:30 PM
The hard part of this thing is to start over
I just hope that sts can end this terror with bringing a good system
So everyone can play without having this fear
anyhow im starting over from zero now
Making a new acc name shinsegumi and retired zilicious
please add me as friend
Thanks again to all good friend
having all the good friend who play fair is the best part of playing games

Ventus
02-27-2014, 07:26 PM
His stuff cannot be refunded except his platinum based items, it would've been refunded if he accidentally liquified it..

As far as i know sts cannot trace tradable items/gold... Suppose zili gave his staff to his frnd for holding on for few days and if sts gives him new staff so he can easily cheat the system.... ( just an example why it cannot be refunded)

Anyways good luck zili, if u need help with anything add bwtichod

This is false. There was a incident awhile back where the person who hacked another player for some stuff was tracked, The items were not refunded however I believe the account that had the stuff was locked/banned They can track it. Will they? Probably not.

sorry for your loss dude. Its sad that you become a target for having expensive items.

Nagin
02-28-2014, 02:51 AM
This is false. There was a incident awhile back where the person who hacked another player for some stuff was tracked, The items were not refunded however I believe the account that had the stuff was locked/banned They can track it. Will they? Probably not.

sorry for your loss dude. Its sad that you become a target for having expensive items.

I said they cant trace items not Person(read my post again) , ofc they can trace person who did this bcoz his device info get sync with zili accnt.. But even if they ban person they cannot return zili items... As who knows if that scammer has sold or traded items.

blaze5786
02-28-2014, 03:03 AM
Your friend has a very similar history of mine in other games, i lost faith in humanity too many times and got into arcane legends now and now I hear this. Jesus scammers will always exist wherever you go, i feel your friend's pain, tell him if he enjoys playing arcane legends a lot, how about thinking of rebuilding and regaining? I would help him out with some tarlok potency gear if he does ^_^

Fyrce
02-28-2014, 03:12 AM
STS can try to catch the thief, but if you leave your door open or let a thief stand at your front door, taking his/her time cracking your lock, well, STS can only catch the thief. They cannot prevent people from inviting thieves home.

Thievery, btw, is one of the least prosecuted crimes.

It's much easier to discourage the thieves. On the internet, this means having the small subset of AL players hide among the huge set of all internet users. In other words, don't let anyone know your account information.

Fauksuras
02-28-2014, 03:23 AM
Sorry to hear that happened. Best of luck to you
In an enviroment where scammers are so protected I think one can never be too careful.

Heck something I'd recommend people is while in towns run naked, no money titles, weapons or pet. Wear your good gear for PVP and elite. If nothing else it might make you not call the attention of some unscrupulous scammer.

Ilvias
02-28-2014, 10:35 AM
I will. :) If you need help just buzz me. Friends are the most important ingame and in rl beside the family. I know you, famous and summer as good and fair ppl.

Summerland
02-28-2014, 10:43 AM
Thank you all for your words of encouragement and sage advice. I know this is a precautionary tale for all, it is so easy to trust others because we really /want/ to. Most of all, because of your kind words and show of friendship, Zili is back on the game, and that, to me, is the most important thing. You guys rock! <3<3<3

Shlump
02-28-2014, 10:45 AM
No one deserves anything. Neither scammers, neither pro players. You are what you are. Only you will feel bad if you do something that is not right or only you will feel good if you do something that is hard and challenging. Though, i'm sorry to hear that and I honestly hope the best for him!

Socrates
02-28-2014, 11:19 AM
the desire to stop getting the best equip won't stop so scammers not going to give up just like that they will find new ways to scam people so they can survive in game.I hope I wasn't misunderstood by this post.