PDA

View Full Version : Hear me out!

Rushorgtfo
02-26-2014, 01:20 AM
Ok I'm sure I'm going to be largely criticized but here's my idea straightforward but pocket legends Is like my life. Yerp I'm sad. Anyways.

Everyone is trying to come up with ideas on how to bring life back into other spacetime games.

Well most spacetime games have been based off the same design (sort of) yet all largely successful!

Well.... Why not cross dungeons? ( use AL new dungeons and Implement them into say..PL)

HEAR ME OUT

Ok so Arcane Legends is obviously where the money is and most of the spacetime community. So dungeons and updates are going to shoot out consistently oppose to Pocket Legends which well has been in the communitys words "forgotten".

Items would obviously have to different Inbetween games and number of mobs and stats etc etc, But doing this would completely cover mob designs, (dungeons or levels), and bosses. Which is a HUGE part of creating an entire cap.

Me as I'm sure many others at this point only want new content something to farm, level, race to the next cap ;) and of course get the best gear!

Of course you would have to look at a critic side I guess ? Or to those reviewing your games and they may see it as ridiculous but I see it as a good business idea. It's like releasing a cap while on a 1.5 elixir of profit.

This is probably going to seem ridiculous so please criticize me lightly! It was the last thing I could possibly think of that meets both developers and community needs.

Shonex
02-26-2014, 01:53 AM
As you said, completely ridiculous. That will only mix the two games and you end up with nothing. If you want graphics like in AL, then go play AL. I understand that PL is your life, but eventually a cap and new game content will emerge. The Devs don't know when exactly, but it will happen. Merging two game contents would look ridiculous beacuse you have mixed content, that content is so mixed up that you eventually don't know to which game it belonged. Plus, AL has different graphics and it wouldn't go well with PL or vise versa.

Note: Keep the ideas coming! The more the ideas, the bigger the chance that some of them could get implemented.

Ks_Leon
02-26-2014, 01:59 AM
Ik AL has been like a diamond mine to dev.In certain point i agree like copy the map of AL(mobs,map,tree,etc).But the graphic,no.Its feel like we play AL except its PL.Other than that,iam ok dude.

Rushorgtfo
02-26-2014, 02:03 AM
As you said, completely ridiculous. That will only mix the two games and you end up with nothing. If you want graphics like in AL, then go play AL. I understand that PL is your life, but eventually a cap and new game content will emerge. The Devs don't know when exactly, but it will happen. Merging two game contents would look ridiculous beacuse you have mixed content, that content is so mixed up that you eventually don't know to which game it belonged. Plus, AL has different graphics and it wouldn't go well with PL or vise versa.

Note: Keep the ideas coming! The more the ideas, the bigger the chance that some of them could get implemented.

The idea of recycling content from old pl dungeons has actually been taken in consideration by a moderator. So I figured why not recycle content that's new to us yet old to say AL users. I'm not looking for AL graphics. I'm looking for new content. But nonetheless thank you for your feedback!

dudetus
02-26-2014, 03:05 AM
One little problem:

PL's game engine couldn't handle AL's dungeons or graphics. They would have to remake the whole dungeon just for PL and that's quite unlikely. Thankmeorgtfo

Rushorgtfo
02-26-2014, 03:12 AM
One little problem:

PL's game engine couldn't handle AL's dungeons or graphics. They would have to remake the whole dungeon just for PL and that's quite unlikely. Thankmeorgtfo

What i mean than is they could just use the basics of the map than the ground the actual dungeon with dumbed down graphics..the mobs..the bosses... It's possible!

Hook
02-26-2014, 05:37 AM
One little problem:

What i mean than is they could just use the basics of the map than the ground the actual dungeon with dumbed down graphics..the mobs..the bosses... It's possible!

It's not , as dudetus said, they would put in too much work,
they might aswell make a whole new one. It's the same amount of work.
Sorry.

Ks_Leon
02-26-2014, 07:13 AM
Well its just a suggestion.Who know dev will reply this thread.

Shonex
02-26-2014, 07:22 AM
Small chance but it could happen. Even if the Dev replies, nothing new would happen.

Rushorgtfo
02-26-2014, 08:27 AM
Wao. Oh well I'm just suggestions as much as possible and honestly it would not even be close to the same amount of work. Have a complete dungeon design skips a whole lot of work.

Argyros
02-26-2014, 08:42 AM
Wao. Oh well I'm just suggestions as much as possible and honestly it would not even be close to the same amount of work. Have a complete dungeon design skips a whole lot of work.

Well since most of us are not legit game designers, we could not say anything for certain. I think sts should just like recolor an entire campaign, even the weapon/mobs, make cap l81 add some elites and bam, there we go.

Shonex
02-26-2014, 09:17 AM
Well since most of us are not legit game designers, we could not say anything for certain. I think sts should just like recolor an entire campaign, even the weapon/mobs, make cap l81 add some elites and bam, there we go.

I have suggested that in my thread, the Dev said that they will take it into consideration.

NotYoCookiez
02-26-2014, 09:23 AM
"Dumbing" down graphics would take as much work as making graphics higher.... if not then more.

We want more recolored vanities!

Argyros
02-26-2014, 09:35 AM
I have suggested that in my thread, the Dev said that they will take it into consideration.

Lol I'm aware.

And no, the 'Dev' will not take it into consideration. Remiem is ofc a very new 'Dev' and has quite a bit to learn about recent Pl ventures. Also, Remiem isn't even a "Dev, "she's a community moderator. Simply, she can't just program/recolor an entire campaign for us, unlike Techoemail who created humania. She can only bring it under some devs attention, who are actually very busy with al ATM lel. If Justg posted, well then it would happen. Plus, this is not the first time someone has had the brilliance to re-suggest this idea. Its about the 200th. So I guess you could say they have been taking it into 'consideration' for the past 2 years, but they are not serious about it. And I did not think the op or anyone I was replying to cared to read thru an entire thread so thus I posted a simplified version. So therefore you post was unnecessary and not directly related to my post. Am I missing something?

Rushorgtfo
02-26-2014, 10:08 AM
Lol I'm aware.

And no, the 'Dev' will not take it into consideration. Remiem is ofc a very new 'Dev' and has quite a bit to learn about recent Pl ventures. Also, Remiem isn't even a "Dev, "she's a community moderator. Simply, she can't just program/recolor an entire campaign for us, unlike Techoemail who created humania. She can only bring it under some devs attention, who are actually very busy with al ATM lel. If Justg posted, well then it would happen. Plus, this is not the first time someone has had the brilliance to re-suggest this idea. Its about the 200th. So I guess you could say they have been taking it into 'consideration' for the past 2 years, but they are not serious about it. And I did not think the op or anyone I was replying to cared to read thru an entire thread so thus I posted a simplified version. So therefore you post was unnecessary and not directly related to my post. Am I missing something?

Quite a bit to learn? Lol. Her going and suggesting it is better than us trying to and they could take it into consideration obviously they are focused on AL but that doesn't mean they will never update PL. Have some faith, quit being such a negative nancy.

Btw recoloring only and calling it a new cap? I would rather quit lol. For those as myself who have been playing from the start deserve a good cap. Black smoke was great. And I have no doubt
They could pump out another when AL slows down.

NotYoCookiez
02-26-2014, 10:21 AM
Yeah but in the meantime all we can do is pvp or play a different game. Summer is coming up and sure AL is going a little nice vacation themed stuff so I wouldn't even think about us getting anything new for another 6months

Argyros
02-26-2014, 12:00 PM
Yeah but in the meantime all we can do is pvp or play a different game. Summer is coming up and sure AL is going a little nice vacation themed stuff so I wouldn't even think about us getting anything new for another 6months

Exactly. I've actually started playing Al, it is pretty challenging for a hardcore non plat player.

Quite a bit to learn? Lol. Her going and suggesting it is better than us trying to and they could take it into consideration obviously they are focused on AL but that doesn't mean they will never update PL. Have some faith, quit being such a negative nancy.

Btw recoloring only and calling it a new cap? I would rather quit lol. For those as myself who have been playing from the start deserve a good cap. Black smoke was great. And I have no doubt
They could pump out another when AL slows down.

Uhm, I agree, but Remiem only said that she would, "pass it along," to the Dev team...

Around two months ago, I considered myself to be the only positive person, and that everyone else was negative. Now it sorta has switched depending on your perspective.
Realistically, if STS is investing most of their time into the development of new Battle games and improvements for AL, they will not create a brand new cap. Unless they take on a new staff member that is really motivated. I truly do not know what the lead developer for Pl is doing right now, other than working on Al. Last I heard it was Technoemail- http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?58497-Techno-Email-Pocket-Legends-Lead-Designer-!

I like the idea of another Mount Fang type cap. Re-used maps, but completely new gear and bosses.
I will be releasing a thread fairly soon on a neat way of going about this, I.e. what maps/mobs/gear to re-use and what to totally re-color. Also some extensions to the questline, and ways for lengthy improvement. Just for fun of course. I have had my ideas implemented before, but I doubt this one will be.
Regards.

Zeus
02-27-2014, 03:28 PM
Come play AL, Rush :)

PL is like an ex-GF. You feel like you can't let her go because you've invested so much time in her.

Kiwihawk
02-27-2014, 03:36 PM
Don't Listen To Zeus Rush, PL Is Great Lol

Shonex
02-27-2014, 03:49 PM
Come play AL, Rush :)

PL is like an ex-GF. You feel like you can't let her go because you've invested so much time in her.

Lmao! This is so true :D

Oldcoot
02-27-2014, 03:56 PM
Do it, an you might find out the new gf isn't as good as the old gf

Zeus
02-27-2014, 04:04 PM

True, the new GF is a gold digger...

Promagin
02-27-2014, 10:17 PM
No.

bglir
02-28-2014, 07:07 AM
Come play Flappy Bird, Rush, its totally fun :p

Shonex
02-28-2014, 07:10 AM
Lmao!

Impact
02-28-2014, 07:13 AM

True, the new GF is a gold digger...
The new gf forces you to open 1000s of crates, 15 plat per crate, 1000(15)=
15000(maybe alot more platnium)
2000 plat is 100$ so total is around $800+

Kingzila
02-28-2014, 01:32 PM
Um no thanks, al can keep there Disney land graphics and boss's just fix drops in pl and most would be happy js

XghostzX
03-01-2014, 03:33 PM
Keep PL and AL separated in terms of mechanics and content. Obviously it won't happen, nor do I think it's even possible to have a cross-performance game with PL's engine - but I still appreciate Pocket Legend's uniqueness and old-style-legend gameplay, so I'd like to keep it that way.

In time we'll get new content and updated. In the meantime try out other games. Rush, I know PL is like you're life and that you're a master at all of PL's game mechanics and what not - but going to try out another game couldn't possibly hurt. You might like AL a lot (I didn't, but that's just me).

Shonex
03-01-2014, 03:38 PM
Keep PL and AL separated in terms of mechanics and content. Obviously it won't happen, nor do I think it's even possible to have a cross-performance game with PL's engine - but I still appreciate Pocket Legend's uniqueness and old-style-legend gameplay, so I'd like to keep it that way.

In time we'll get new content and updated. In the meantime try out other games. Rush, I know PL is like you're life and that you're a master at all of PL's game mechanics and what not - but going to try out another game couldn't possibly hurt. You might like AL a lot (I didn't, but that's just me).

As you said, PL is unique and I love the old school graphics. I don't like AL that much too, I have accounts there but I rarely play. Keep the things as they are, you will soon get new content. What's next for PL is:
-Starry armor vanities (yellow, teal, light red...)
- 3 year veteran PL shield
-PL cap, someday...

Argyros
03-01-2014, 04:05 PM
AL would be a fun game, but I just don't have time to completely re-learn a new game. I have been involved big time in two gmaing communities. This one, and a really awesome 3d sidescroller. I
have played the side scrolled in a while and just checked back to find that its being transferred to another company. *cries*

It is sorta all on pl now.

Xyzther
03-02-2014, 12:01 AM
As you said, PL is unique and I love the old school graphics. I don't like AL that much too, I have accounts there but I rarely play. Keep the things as they are, you will soon get new content. What's next for PL is:
-Recycled items (maybe)

Fixed yw

Rot
03-02-2014, 02:28 AM
Fixed yw

lmk

Ssneakykills
03-02-2014, 07:49 AM
AL would be a fun game, but I just don't have time to completely re-learn a new game. I have been involved big time in two gmaing communities. This one, and a really awesome 3d sidescroller. I
have played the side scrolled in a while and just checked back to find that its being transferred to another company. *cries*

It is sorta all on pl now.

I agree it's hard to work your way back up in a game :)

Xyzther
03-02-2014, 07:56 AM
lmk

Lmk

Cheenivie
03-02-2014, 09:04 AM
That's why you guys should come play o&c we are all regrouped into a guild so we can help eachother.

XghostzX
03-02-2014, 10:23 AM
That's why you guys should come play o&c we are all regrouped into a guild so we can help eachother.

^This

Zeus
03-02-2014, 04:32 PM
The new gf forces you to open 1000s of crates, 15 plat per crate, 1000(15)=
15000(maybe alot more platnium)
2000 plat is 100$ so total is around $800+

Actually, I earned most of my 100m+ in that game through farming and merchanting.

Forty Nine
03-02-2014, 04:35 PM
Don't give into temptation Rush. Don't go to the dark side "AL" ;)