PDA

View Full Version : Warning New Scam

Titanfall
02-26-2014, 03:26 AM
Hello forumers! Yesterday I was hanging around in Travelers Outpost being random and just doing nothing, Until I saw this person who said 'Trading a leap for 9 locks' Now if you were someone who read that and thought it was real you'd most likely instantly trade him 9 locks in hope he 'd give you a leap because you were getting a bargain. However I didn't fall for this. think, how many crates does he want? 9, How many can you fit in a trade window? 4, So it is VERY likely that you were going to trade your first 4 crates, then your 2nd set of 4 crates, Then you finally trade the last one it you realise you've been scammed. I've seen this person multiple times in kraag and in travelers outpost, if you see him make sure to report him. Have a good day and don't get scammed by this pathetic person.

megumirei
02-26-2014, 03:41 AM
wat is dat scammer name?
anyway nice info rebornblaze :)

Wutzgood
02-26-2014, 06:40 AM
In a one hour period standing in travelers outpost I saw 5 different people try the same thing. I ran all 5 out of town by telling them 8 locked don't fit in trade window and if they want to trade I would give 4 locked and the amount of gold the other 4 were worth. Of course they refused and left town but another would show to take the last ones place.

stackz
02-26-2014, 07:20 AM
sts should add something like "dont make trades for more than 4 items as its not possible at once and is likely a scam" to the warnings and such on the character screen.

I can see a bunch of noobs falling for this one.

Rare
02-26-2014, 09:01 AM
Hello forumers! Yesterday I was hanging around in Travelers Outpost being random and just doing nothing, Until I saw this person who said 'Trading a leap for 9 locks' Now if you were someone who read that and thought it was real you'd most likely instantly trade him 9 locks in hope he 'd give you a leap because you were getting a bargain. However I didn't fall for this. think, how many crates does he want? 9, How many can you fit in a trade window? 4, So it is VERY likely that you were going to trade your first 4 crates, then your 2nd set of 4 crates, Then you finally trade the last one it you realise you've been scammed. I've seen this person multiple times in kraag and in travelers outpost, if you see him make sure to report him. Have a good day and don't get scammed by this pathetic person.

I did this the other day with someone asking for 10 crates. I told them to give me the lep with the first 4. They refused. Trade ended.

VanRah
02-26-2014, 09:07 AM
Ty for sharing, I didn't know about the limit of items u can trade

Atayos
02-26-2014, 09:08 AM
Thanks for the heads up, Reborn.

jassisor
02-26-2014, 09:10 AM
One day I seen a person on traveler outpost.He was saying if anyone give him 9k,he will double it and give it back .Anyone asked how u can do this,he said he can hack this game .Lol what a trick he made for try to scam players.

VanRah
02-26-2014, 09:18 AM
One day I seen a person on traveler outpost.He was saying if anyone give him 9k,he will double it and give it back .Anyone asked how u can do this,he said he can hack this game .Lol what a trick he made for try to scam players.

Then why asking for other people's money? Couldn't he multiplicate his own money? lol what a low stupid trick to scam players...

Titanfall
02-26-2014, 10:08 AM
I have seen multiple people in towns now attempting this new pathetic scam, I can see a lot of new people who desperately need lep falling for this. If you see someone doing this scam please warn the other people so his attempt fails.

Wutzgood
02-26-2014, 10:18 AM
I did this the other day with someone asking for 10 crates. I told them to give me the lep with the first 4. They refused. Trade ended.

Lol this was the other way I responded to them. Works like a charm.

Zylx
02-26-2014, 03:37 PM
Ill add this to my guide.

Spartansultan
02-26-2014, 04:02 PM
from the victim to the scammer :p
say him first the lep, when he gives u the lep ran away ahaahahhahaha
Joke ye i saw tht guy yesterdy too. My friend got scammed tht way so I knew it before but it's good tht u wrote it on forums
mfg

Titanfall
02-26-2014, 04:12 PM
Ill add this to my guide.
Thank you Zylx :)

Hiosahaf
02-26-2014, 04:38 PM
I also remember another scheme which scammers have tried in outpost. It was when we could trade mythic eggs( I guess this happened in Jan). So this guy says that people should give him 39K, he'll convert it to plat and give you Abbadon egg. Reported -.-

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

NovaZ
02-26-2014, 06:08 PM
I got my lepre from Cokeandacid. He quit and gave me

demigodddd
02-26-2014, 11:34 PM
STS should increase the amount of items to be trade...say 100...so if someone ask for 100 crates for an item, there will not be an issue of scamming..

deathwraithx
02-27-2014, 02:48 AM
STS should increase the amount of items to be trade...say 100...so if someone ask for 100 crates for an item, there will not be an issue of scamming..

And also a counter so we can know how many items are in each side and don't have to keep counting

Or by the time you count your crates either the seller will get frustrated and leave or scam you out of a few.

Sent from my Xperia U using Tapatalk 4

Anarchist
02-27-2014, 02:55 AM
If someone attempts to try this scam on you don't let greediness take control always think straight and tell him to wait a sec so you can convert the lockeds to gold they sell extremely fast, then proceed to put the lockeds in the Cs sell them and trade the money for the lep.

If the guy doesn't agree then just don't do the deal cause it is probably a scammer and not a serious merchant.

Anyway i am 100% sure this is a old scam method but lately it seems to be getting reused.

afrobug
02-27-2014, 10:01 AM
I once encountered a clever scammer with a clever method. He was spamming in paradise pier that he's looking to have his mythic rogue helmet swapped to a legendary ring, forgot what it was called but i went to check cs and there goes the ring he was looking for, lonesome and priced ridiculously high. I figured the guy shouting is definitely the same guy selling that ring.