PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts on twinks and leaderboards

Fauksuras
02-27-2014, 01:00 AM
This game is supposedly directed at end game stuff/always moving forward/bigger and better things (or at least that's what they say when gear is involved), but it's shameful that the PVP leaderboard is full of twinks.

I seriously invite anybody to go to say the rogue or warrior TDM leaderboard and point out which of those names are seen at regular pvp matches or much less are even capped.
Every twink and dummy farmer will swear how those people earned it but yeah find them in the game (if you can) and check out their KDR compared vs an end game player, the proof of how their leaderboard status was achieved will be right there.

That's not to say it doesn't happen (or at least people try) at end game, but those players usually have a hard time , when they don't end up getting killed that is, whereas in twink level they are basically protected by the fact that nobody aiming for everything the game has to offer will stay at those levels.

When the best of the best are to be determined for something I didn't realize pee wee leagues were to be taken into account.

I'm honestly appalled this behavior is allowed and given a blind eye by our community leaders and the developers of this game.

Now I ask you, can anybody come up with a solution or is the solution simply to make a level 7 and get 20k kills on a dummy mage account the only thing to do?

TheMightyFeusalet
02-27-2014, 01:21 AM
they should make a leaderbord for 35+ and the red under this are mostly twinks, thes should put in there own leaderbord

Fauksuras
02-27-2014, 01:29 AM
they should make a leaderbord for 35+ and the red under this are mostly twinks, thes should put in there own leaderbord

That's a terrific solution and something fairly easy to implement I think.

Even Hauntlet I don't think twinks should be taking those spots.

Anarchist
02-27-2014, 01:46 AM
When i complained about this issue i was told dummy farming isn't against ToS but if you read the ToS it is clearly stated exploiting game bugs is agaisnt it and leads to ban, i was told dummy farming isn't a bug but isn't PvP supposed to be player vs player and not dummy vs player? What do you call something in a game that doesn't work correctly?

Rules of Conduct (support.spacetimestudios.com/customer/portal/articles/961570-rules-of-conduct)
Someone told me the devs are too occupied to find a solution to the matter but they have time for Scorch, Singes and jungle vanities.

This dummy farming issue reminds of me the Kershal matter, of the stats window bug, of the passive and active skill bonus bug, of the pet damage bonus bug, of the pvp class balance, of the chrome browser heavy lag (it is not even lag, it is like watching robot dance when you try to play), of the pet spamming, of the account hack and highing scam issues, of the general heavy lag, of those theives called NativeX and Trialplay, of the bugs that always come out when a new thing is added. they are kind of funny but after repeating thereselves too many times they loose their funny side and start to get annoying.

Sts shouldn't understimate this issues. My advice is to solve the problems you have at hand before doing new stuffs or at least try to do the 2 things together before you start accumulating bugs and complains upon complains...but i am sure you guys don't need a high school student to be telling you how to run the buisness.

I want to make it clear i am not trying to offend anyone but have a costructive discussion that would lead to concrate solutions. I put my hope in the upcoming expansion and believe it will solve majority of this issues, please don't dissappoint us, your faithful players.

yasshh
02-27-2014, 02:25 AM
Well yes hauntlet,ctf,tdm,crypts leaderboards are all occupied by twinks(mostly).

Talking about hauntlet and crypts, they are way too easier at low levels.In my opinion,creating same difficulty for all lvls instead of creating seperate lb will be a better idea and as far as pvp is concerned i don think anything is better than seperating the endgamers from twinks but there is one more thing that comes,even for twinks higher the level goes, pvp gets difficult.
For example: 2 non dummy farming twinks, one is lv10 and other is lv21. Killing at lv10 is way too easier than at lv21
So if the lb for endgamers and twinks get seperated,tomorrow someone will wake up and demand for seperate lb again as it was done for end gamers
And many twinks are there who lvl up after they get on lb.So making seperate leaderboard for pvp might not workout that well

Life is always unfair somehow

falmear
02-27-2014, 02:55 AM
There are plenty of end game kill farmers. I have confronted many people but STS protects them so they can't be named. But many of us know who they are. When confronted they first deny it, then justify their actions by saying others do it, and then resort to insults.

If a twink can fairly get enough PvP kills then they deserve a spot on the leaderboard. But I have seen many twink kill farming dummies. So end game or twink there are many people doing it. And you can easily see this by their KDRs. And for STS to protect these people by deleting threads or ignoring emails to support and wash their hands of it makes a mockery of having leaderboards.

Maybe the next time there is a best MMO award, we should email the web site with all of these problems and see if this gets anyone's attention.

Instanthumor
02-27-2014, 03:33 AM

There were a couple others including myself, who made threads that the leaderboards should only be available to the Lv. 35-36 people. No response from dev.

Haligali
02-27-2014, 04:25 AM
Well yes hauntlet,ctf,tdm,crypts leaderboards are all occupied by twinks(mostly).

Talking about hauntlet and crypts, they are way too easier at low levels.In my opinion,creating same difficulty for all lvls instead of creating seperate lb will be a better idea and as far as pvp is concerned i don think anything is better than seperating the endgamers from twinks but there is one more thing that comes,even for twinks higher the level goes, pvp gets difficult.
For example: 2 non dummy farming twinks, one is lv10 and other is lv21. Killing at lv10 is way too easier than at lv21
So if the lb for endgamers and twinks get seperated,tomorrow someone will wake up and demand for seperate lb again as it was done for end gamers
And many twinks are there who lvl up after they get on lb.So making seperate leaderboard for pvp might not workout that well

Life is always unfair somehow

My opinion:

Hauntlet and watchers tombs lb are way more fair than elite(~50m gear/person +arcane pet) and shuyal arena(rogues only) leaderboard. Everyone can make a lvl10-lvl15 twink within a few hour, and buy a decent tarlok gear for 1-2million gold and some cheap pet.
Yes, this way a warrior can be on time run leaderboard too. (edit: or this is the only way)

Endkey
02-27-2014, 04:51 AM
twinking is ok...farming kills whether at twink levels or endgame isnt...it is totally true that most people would like the STS to take care of this matter instead of making some new vanities...people will be lot happier to see worthy people on the lb and more people will try if they know it is fair...when a guy who can play for 10 hours straight and he farms kill in a ctf room...how much chance do u think a normal guy who even plays 10 hrs, has to catch up? Many players aiming for PvP lb just quit because one day wen they wake up and check the Lb...random dude comes who wasnt even on the list is now on the top...pls do somethin abt this

Sky_is_epicgearz
02-27-2014, 06:52 AM
Even Hauntlet I don't think twinks should be taking those spots.

Hello Sir,
Since at a lower level it is far easier to run the hauntlet, many endgamers take advantage of this. It is not wrong it is simply people using intiative to get where they want to be. And as Haligali said it does not take a fortune to create a low level twink specifically for timed runs. If you have great end game gear then you should be able to make a twink if you really want to get on the LB. Only problem i find here is when people kill farm dummies. That is totally unfair and it does not just happen at twink levels. I believe if you have evidence showing someone doing that(screenshot) you can report them and STS will deal with it.
Yours Truly,

Sky

-no
02-27-2014, 09:31 AM
If a twink can fairly get enough PvP kills then they deserve a spot on the leaderboard.

I agree with this.

-no
02-27-2014, 09:35 AM
There were a couple others including myself, who made threads that the leaderboards should only be available to the Lv. 35-36 people. No response from dev.

So how do the users who cannot afford an arcane pet, latest gear, etc. supposed to compete? Yes, I know there are players who only use legendary and they kill well. Those guys are flukes. Most of us, aren't that good.

borix
02-27-2014, 10:02 AM
Please allow me but I have a slightly off topic (and possibly noobish) question: why do people want to be on the leader board? Do you win something or is it just your name posted there that people are attracted to?

Spending hours on hours killing a dummy just to get a banner or my name posted there seems so pointless to me.

Sky_is_epicgearz
02-27-2014, 10:12 AM
Please allow me but I have a slightly off topic (and possibly noobish) question: why do people want to be on the leader board? Do you win something or is it just your name posted there that people are attracted to?

Spending hours on hours killing a dummy just to get a banner or my name posted there seems so pointless to me.

Recognition

borix
02-27-2014, 10:58 AM
People who farm dummies just to get this 'recognition' should get a life. But they probably think this virtual 'life' equals real life.

Some sort of league system where you battle against opponents with similar kill/death ratio or similar stats might make things more honest. But anyway I do not really care about pvp but this is partly because I'm a mage who gets his @ss kicked every time I wander off in there.

Merrrrrrrked
02-27-2014, 11:46 AM
I understand your frustration with twinks being in the LB but please realize that there at Many twinks that earned those spots fair and square at least for the CTF LB.

If it makes you feel an better twinking at 10+ has becoming significantly harder due to the sheer amount of skilled twinks now and arcanes in low LVL brackets. When I first starting pvping in season 2 I was LVL 10 and I hit warmonger within maybe a month or playing because that's how easy it was. There are many players who legitimately got to the LB and a few bad people who cheated, but please don't discredit the whole LB.

As of now I have a high kdr and I'm on CTF LB and daily I get people harassing me and calling me a cheater. Just because a few twinks has cheated does not mean that anyone with a good kdr has cheated. That is an unfair assumption and I've worked very for my kills. And also remember that end gamers still do boost kills too. This is not just a Twink problem but rather an Arcane Legends problem which the mods are doing their best to solve. And I must say that CTF farming has significantly been reduced from season 4.

My best advice is to screenshot a PVP farmer if you see them and email it to Support. They seem to be very responsive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hercules
02-27-2014, 12:02 PM
can one dev move this thread to AL PVP players? or AL suggestion and feedback?

obee
02-27-2014, 04:12 PM
Not everyone has freaking arcane or mythic gear!

obee
02-27-2014, 04:20 PM
I have an endgame character and a Twink. I don't have any mythic except for abbadon. How the heck am I going to survive if I don't have mythic or arcane. If twinks are disable, split the PVP into people who have mythic and people who don't . I hate it also when you mythic/arcane people farm us legendary people. That's worse then having a Twink. And stop complaining, their are other ways to get onto the leaderboards. You already have mythic/arcane. So why complain?

Anarchist
02-27-2014, 04:29 PM
I have an endgame character and a Twink. I don't have any mythic except for abbadon. How the heck am I going to survive if I don't have mythic or arcane. If twinks are disable, split the PVP into people who have mythic and people who don't . I hate it also when you mythic/arcane people farm us legendary people. That's worse then having a Twink. And stop complaining, their are other ways to get onto the leaderboards. You already have mythic/arcane. So why complain?

Nobody talked about mythics or arcanes.
The issue here is the exploit of what supposed to be a legal competition but instead transformed into a "bug exploit".

Dummy farming is what is being discussed.

Dividing PvP into mythic and non mythic is not the best solution because mythic and arcane users worked hard or spend hard to gain their advantage so they have the rights to use them.

Again dividing PvP into twink leaderboard and endgame leaderboard is not the best solution cause the main problem of dummy farming will still persist.

xcainnblecterx
02-27-2014, 06:18 PM
The issue here is the exploit of what supposed to be a legal competition but instead transformed into a "bug exploit".

Dividing PvP into mythic and non mythic is not the best solution because mythic and arcane users worked hard or spend hard to gain their advantage so they have the rights to use them.

Again dividing PvP into twink leaderboard and endgame leaderboard is not the best solution cause the main problem of dummy farming will still persist.

Actually the discussion is twinks being on leader bords for timed runs and other stuff.

Sky_is_epicgearz
02-27-2014, 06:57 PM
Actually the discussion is twinks being on leader bords for timed runs and other stuff.

Good news you're both right! :3

Fauksuras
02-27-2014, 07:48 PM
Not gonna quote all that dribble, but to reply to you. I'm not (nor is anybody) rallying behind getting rid of twink pvp. What is being discussed is the vast quantity of dummy farmers at twink levels and how the leaderboard should be something for end game.

There is a reason most of all categories are elite runs and the main determining factor in top guild rank are achievements (most twinks can't conceivably reach even 10k aps unless they finally decide to level up). The only reason Hauntlet is achievable is because there's no elite version.

If you still don't understand it. Keep the leaderboard for the "big" kids.

PS The idea of everybody at eng game getting their eq via crates is laughable there are plenty of people who got their items (mind you many not arcane by being smart with their in game gold)

2nd PS If leaderboards don't matter to you then I don't see what is your problem with the idea of a leaderboard exclusive for end gamers.

obee
02-27-2014, 08:20 PM
Yeah they worked hard for it, but some people can't get platinum. I'm not old enough for a credit card and those mythic and arcane people got lucky on their locks

Ishtmeet
02-27-2014, 08:22 PM

I have seeen dummies at endgame, wanna know names? Everyone knows!!
Twink shd not be acused by dummy farming. SOme hard working twinks are there too.

obee
02-27-2014, 08:24 PM
PVP isn't fun win one person dominates because of freaking mythic and arcane. That's why we have twinks. Much easier and much fun. I prefer endgame for pve. Also, you have those people who spend a ridicolous amount of money on this game. OF COURSE THEY ARE GOING TO GET MYTHIC. They didn't "work hard", they just used their real money like a piece of cake. The thing is, not everyone can do that

Ishtmeet
02-27-2014, 08:28 PM
Not gonna quote all that dribble, but to reply to you. I'm not (nor is anybody) rallying behind getting rid of twink pvp. What is being discussed is the vast quantity of dummy farmers at twink levels and how the leaderboard should be something for end game.

There is a reason most of all categories are elite runs and the main determining factor in top guild rank are achievements (most twinks can't conceivably reach even 10k aps unless they finally decide to level up). The only reason Hauntlet is achievable is because there's no elite version.

PS The idea of everybody at eng game getting their eq via crates is laughable there are plenty of people who got their items (mind you many not arcane by being smart with their in game gold)

2nd PS If leaderboards don't matter to you then I don't see what is your problem with the idea of a leaderboard exclusive for end gamers.
Hauntled is available coz there is no elite version... HUH..
Don't talk about low lvl brackets if u never played it. I've got mythic endgame too, but twink is better for fun. Why there should not be ldrboards for those who worked hard at twink? Big kids u call lvl 35+??
Ok, if u want leaderboards for endgamers only, Remove low lvl PvP like elites, and remove platinum from game to make it fair at endgame.

Otahaanak
02-27-2014, 08:42 PM
PvP is a joke. Period.

In every other online game that I have played the matches are equal because ALL players have the exact same opportunity to obtain the top gear. And matches are open based on that criteria alone.

The argument that people 'worked hard' for Sam and all Arcane/mythic so they should be allowed to farm under equipped players is simply foolish and self centered.

It had been said (and ignored) many times that for a true PVP environment to exist the gear has to be equitable. Only when that is enforced will the matches truly be PvP or better - skill vs skill. As it stands now it should be called EvE - equipment vs equipment

Lock the rooms down based on gear and you will open up PvP for the enjoyment of all, not just the select few.

Regarding "dummy farming" - I see no answer.

Otahaanak
02-27-2014, 09:14 PM
Sorry Fauk, for weaving off track a bit :-)

To your point on twinks, I agree - but what I don't understand is why STS won't simply separate the leader boards. STS listens when people whine about a pet they pay 30 million for, but won't respond on this topic.

Fauksuras
02-27-2014, 09:29 PM
Generalizing the word "twinks" with "cheaters" is a little shallow, Most of these guys arent true "twinks", they are mostly half geared players who farm their alts 24/7. The word twink means one who is dedicated to strictly use their character as a player vs player toon and being highly dominant in pvp with Best Available Gear, which means they are highly competitive. Cheaters who use alts on this game to get kills, most of them are not true twinks, Like i said, generalizing twinks with cheaters isent necessarily 100% correct. But i see your frustration and i dont blame you at all :) These people will get caught and banned, its easy to tell who is cheating 90% of the time.

You're right, it is a shallow choice on my part to generalize all twinks like that and I apologize. I tried to target two issues at the same time and it's confusing people.

The main issue here is dummy farmers. It is wrong at any level period and STS should in fact do something.

As Falmear mentioned there are some known end game dummy farmers (and some who don't use dummy account but offer players money and items in exchange for getting farmed say 1k times).
The thing is these guys at end game usually get caught. The ones in twink level since twink naturally attracts a niche crowd (heck I sometimes twink with my mage for fun and I'm yet to ever join a full game) it is easier to farm such accounts or people there. The proof is in these people on the leaderboard that when you (by sheer luck) spot them in a town you see their KDR and its something unreal. If you want some specific names PM me in game and I can give you at least 4 names.

The reason I bring up twinks is a (short sighted) attempt on my part to come up with a partial solution by making the leaderboards end game, because as mentioned earlier, the end game farmers are well known and easy to "chase off" games. It is a short term solution and won't really change things but the core problem is in fact dummy farming.

With that said, regardless of cheaters, I still believe PVP leaderboards should be divided by brackets if nothing else. It's not like say boxing or MMA have just one giant weight class.

Fauksuras
02-27-2014, 09:38 PM
PvP is a joke. Period.

In every other online game that I have played the matches are equal because ALL players have the exact same opportunity to obtain the top gear. And matches are open based on that criteria alone.

The argument that people 'worked hard' for Sam and all Arcane/mythic so they should be allowed to farm under equipped players is simply foolish and self centered.

It had been said (and ignored) many times that for a true PVP environment to exist the gear has to be equitable. Only when that is enforced will the matches truly be PvP or better - skill vs skill. As it stands now it should be called EvE - equipment vs equipment

Lock the rooms down based on gear and you will open up PvP for the enjoyment of all, not just the select few.

Right now Delphina is trying something similar with the "Legends of the Week" concept, but even then equipment is important since rings can be legendary and not everybody can afford the best archons (at end game anyway). Im thorn because if somebody paid top gold (or real life money) for their gear they should be able to see the fruits of their investment but on the flip side I can see how that's intimidating or disheartening for new comers or not so lucky people.

A solution could be something like many PC and console games use when playing multiplayer. There's a ranked mode which is used for leaderboards and a such and a "player match" mode where whatever happens is just for fun. Maybe have ranked mode (or vice versa) give you an already established set to use for that match while the other mode is more of a free for all allowing you to use your own equipment.

Of course that might be too much for a game where devs aren't that concerned with PVP in the first place but I feel they should put more weight into it, because many players after they obtain their best gear (by whichever means they may be) will get bored and inevitably turn to PVP and will find...whatever this is.

Anarchist
02-28-2014, 12:48 AM
I have seeen dummies at endgame, wanna know names? Everyone knows!!
Twink shd not be acused by dummy farming. SOme hard working twinks are there too.

Bro you are talking to someone currently playing twink Lv15 till dragon enclave...After 1+ month i assure you i am sick and tired of the amount of dummykillers i see on twink levels but i am also sure onest end gamers are tired of dummyfarmers at end level.

So in conclusion i am not agaisnt twinks what i don't like is DUMMY FARMING and i am certain stratifying LB in different levels won't solve anything.

TheMightyFeusalet
02-28-2014, 12:53 AM

There should be just 2 different leaderbords -> 1 for lvl 35- and 1 for lvl 35+

Anarchist
02-28-2014, 01:18 AM
PvP is a joke. Period.

The basic of PvP is diversificatio, we confront our different gear and skill to see who is the strongest if everything is similar or identical what is the point of fighting???

I don't know which mmorpg's you played but modern mmorpgs have learnt that making pvp based on the gear and not the skills brings: more money, more competition and keeps in store a potencial huge amount for more fun.

What i do agree on is that everyone should have a chance of getting the best gears and
you know what?

That is possible in Arcane Legends, if you really know how to play it.

The only thing that differentiate crate openers from a non crate openers is amount of time you use in accumulating your gold.

As a non crate opener i can assure you gold will come for mythic gears if you know how to play and even though you don't open crates but if you can't wait then buy plats and open crates to speed up the process or
go play LOL.

@OP sorry for going Off topic.

Fauksuras
02-28-2014, 03:06 AM
The basic of PvP is diversificatio, we confront our different gear and skill to see who is the strongest if everything is similar or identical what is the point of fighting???

I don't know which mmorpg's you played but modern mmorpgs have learnt that making pvp based on the gear and not the skills brings: more money, more competition and keeps in store a potencial huge amount for more fun.

What i do agree on is that everyone should have a chance of getting the best gears and
you know what?

That is possible in Arcane Legends, if you really know how to play it.

The only thing that differentiate crate openers from a non crate openers is amount of time you use in accumulating your gold.

As a non crate opener i can assure you gold will come for mythic gears if you know how to play and even though you don't open crates but if you can't wait then buy plats and open crates to speed up the process or
go play LOL.

@OP sorry for going Off topic.

On an unrelated note due to the bad taste this whole situation left in my mouth I have pretty much stopped playing, simply login to say hi to guildies and kill a few people in TDM and leave. Been playing DOTA 2 which I recommend to anybody.

It just took the desire out of me to see my name every day fall lower and finally gone and in place...well people who are probably known (or probably not) at whatever level they are in. When expansion hits I'll check it out and if it's worth it I'll stay in PVE until (if) STS decides to take a long solid look into PVP.

Desperoto
02-28-2014, 12:10 PM
I'm not against twinking, but a lot twinks dont deserve their spot compared to endgamers who got their kills with fair fights and not with dummy farm or farming some beginning players with epic gear and barney. They should add a system like: CtF kills 5-11 CtF kills 12-21 etc..

Samdegreat
02-28-2014, 06:14 PM
I'm not against twinking, but a lot twinks dont deserve their spot compared to endgamers who got their kills with fair fights and not with dummy farm or farming some beginning players with epic gear and barney. They should add a system like: CtF kills 5-11 CtF kills 12-21 etc..

Make a leaderboard for the date you joined based on which season you joined so you should roughly be on the same level unless you spent plat... ( either based on season or as mentioned above each expansion (1-16, 17-21, 22-26,27-31,32-36))

This will allow new players to gain a place, also most twinks are endgamers and began in season 2-3?

Imjebus
02-28-2014, 06:36 PM
Uhh my very first account was a lvl10 twink....I later capped it to lvl16 (only cap I've ever done) and then I have twinked at lvl10 ever since then. Never touched a dummy and I try not to go after the noobs that walk around with no armor (unless they gang me or don't stop attacking me xD). Yes there's some twinks that do use dummies to get on the leaderboard but news flash, so do endgame characters.

To say that the game is meant to go to the max level is just ridiculous. If that was the case why would they keep adding in new low level gear? Almost every game that has the PvP feature has a high population of people that stay at the lower level. Basically what's being suggested in this thread is that low leveled people should be punished, which is quite ignorant. The people that truly should be punished are those who abuse the system. Either that or STS needs to find a way to rework the PvP system.

Fauksuras
02-28-2014, 07:15 PM
Uhh my very first account was a lvl10 twink....I later capped it to lvl16 (only cap I've ever done) and then I have twinked at lvl10 ever since then. Never touched a dummy and I try not to go after the noobs that walk around with no armor (unless they gang me or don't stop attacking me xD). Yes there's some twinks that do use dummies to get on the leaderboard but news flash, so do endgame characters.

To say that the game is meant to go to the max level is just ridiculous. If that was the case why would they keep adding in new low level gear? Almost every game that has the PvP feature has a high population of people that stay at the lower level. Basically what's being suggested in this thread is that low leveled people should be punished, which is quite ignorant. The people that truly should be punished are those who abuse the system. Either that or STS needs to find a way to rework the PvP system.

The new gear you talk about is not exactly being introduced for low levels to stay there. Obviously new players come in all the time, are they supposed to be naked?

I already apologized for generalizing and mixing what is basically two different topics in one.

With that said I find twinking stupid, thats my personal opinion and affects others people's preferences in no way. I have a low level mage I got bored leveling and I go to pvp from time to time and what happens there is not my cup of tea.

But on your last sentence I agree, STS are the only ones who can do something.

Edit. Autocorrect thought I meant 'thinking' instead of 'twinking' (and it throught so again)

Desperoto
03-01-2014, 12:20 PM

The reason why they add low level gear is simple. What will happen if a new player decides to open a locked crate he just looted and he loots lvl 36 stuff? He will get mad!

Imjebus
03-01-2014, 12:25 PM
The reason why they add low level gear is simple. What will happen if a new player decides to open a locked crate he just looted and he loots lvl 36 stuff? He will get mad!

What I was trying to get at was why not just keep the old gear and stop releasing new low level gear?

alexdroog
03-01-2014, 12:36 PM
You have to give the players something new or they get bored and quit.

Keep lb rules simple as they are.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100 mit Tapatalk

Fauksuras
03-01-2014, 01:43 PM
With that said I find thinking stupid, thats my personal opinion and affects others people's preferences in no way. I have a low level mage I got bored leveling and I go to pvp from time to time and what happens there is not my cup of tea.

But on your last sentence I agree, STS are the only ones who can do something.

Autocorrect thought I meant 'thinking' instead of 'twinking' (and there it thought so again)

Fauksuras
03-01-2014, 01:51 PM
You have to give the players something new or they get bored and quit.

Keep lb rules simple as they are.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100 mit Tapatalk

I agree and changing LB rules would benefit new players as well. Specially a division in brackets. Right now LB is pretty much controlled by seasoned and rich players.

I've been playing for less than a year and I got in it by hard work and it was pretty much useless unless I decided to take the same tactics of the people I'm criticizing.

Let's make no mistake here, the dominant twinks are simply seasoned players who use those characters for those purposes alone, usually run with arcane pets at low levels and the very best gear for that particular level. My point is they aren't exactly new players, they just seem like it because they aren't capped.

Zynzyn
03-02-2014, 02:25 AM
With that said I find twinking stupid, thats my personal opinion and affects others people's preferences in no way. I have a low level mage I got bored leveling and I go to pvp from time to time and what happens there is not my cup of tea.

If one finds twinking stupid, one can keep it to themselves, why spread the negativity? A lot of players find twinking fun because - pvp at lower levels is more affordable and since you have limited skill points, trying builds is challenging and enjoyable. Some people kill under-geared players at low levels but its the same thing as fully arcane-mythic geared players killing legendary - geared players at endgame. From Level 8+ onwards, pvp rooms are full of maxed out players mostly and twinking has become more challenging, which is a good thing. Many players enjoy playing fair. A majority of twinks earn their kills by competing with opponents who are more or less as skilled as them. Only a few no-lifers farm dummies and that is a minority. Kill farming happens at endgame as well. When you see anybody farming kills at any level just send a screenshot to support.

I would like to add that many (not all) of the twinks who were/are on the Leader Board now have been playing since the start of pvp (which can be termed as season 1 of pvp). In the beginning, pvp meant huge gap in level matchmaking (when lvl 16 and 21s used to be matched with lvl 10-12s) , no pets allowed in pvp, less number of maxed out players, less competition etc. The few good twinks who evolved fast enough to try the best builds at that time were the ones who reigned and became warmongers quite quick. The enormous amount of kills on their kdr were accumulated during this time, mostly. They did not farm dummies, because the pvp system itself at that time was a dummy (imbalanced).

Coming back to the current situation, the LB resetting each season would be a nice thing if sts implemented it.

Haligali
03-02-2014, 04:46 AM
Pvp was introduced in season 2..

Küldve az én Nexus 4-emről

Ishtmeet
03-03-2014, 06:48 AM

you got problems with twink occupying leaderboard places right. can I know how many kills do u have in ctf/tdm, whats ur hauntled best time, what is ur tombs best time??? Let me see if u deserve to be in ldrboards.
Actually twinks are not noobs. Endgame people make twinks and find it a better way to be in ldrboards, and what's wrong in it?

UndeadJudge
03-03-2014, 12:51 PM
This "new leaderboard" thing is kind of a ridiculous idea. People farm at level 1 and at level 36. And ALL of the ones who don't work hard for their kills. I don't exactly understand why people at cap level are angry that level 26 and below are on the leaderboards. This is a selfish argument to be honest. So now us twinks who work for kills just as much as you do apparently don't deserve a spot on the leaderboards now, simply because we are a lower level?

Honestly, I don't really know why everyone goes on about twinks being kill farmers. Anyone can kill farm - not just twinks. And besides, the idea of a "separate leaderboard" is very easily exploited. Twink level 1 farms 40k kills in ctf, levels to cap, then is on leaderboard at cap.

I am aware that some guilds are labeled as "farmer guilds" in twink levels. I actually am aware of several people in some of these guilds that take up a spot on the leaderboards for their dummy kills. However, I also know several individuals in 36 that occupy a leaderboard spot too. So it's not fair to bash twinks when people at endgame farm too.

Fauksuras
03-04-2014, 03:45 AM
you got problems with twink occupying leaderboard places right. can I know how many kills do u have in ctf/tdm, whats ur hauntled best time, what is ur tombs best time??? Let me see if u deserve to be in ldrboards.
Actually twinks are not noobs. Endgame people make twinks and find it a better way to be in ldrboards, and what's wrong in it?

I dont bother with timed runs as I (used to) enjoy the pvp aspect of the game the most. My stats I don't find them to be relevant but since you're interested 16000 kills in tdm with 9000 deaths, each of them legit and I have never been full mythic before you throw out that little predictable gem. If you want me to demonstrate that my stats are legit contact me in game and get a capped character.

Fair is fair regardless of people stats. The way things are there's very little incentive for somebody to try those particular leaderboards when they are competing with what are pretty much shadow accounts.

Now go to the rogue tdm leaderboard and check how many capped rogues are actually there. There's a level 6 there for crying out loud, that's a tasteless joke

Fauksuras
03-04-2014, 03:52 AM
This "new leaderboard" thing is kind of a ridiculous idea. People farm at level 1 and at level 36. And ALL of the ones who don't work hard for their kills. I don't exactly understand why people at cap level are angry that level 26 and below are on the leaderboards. This is a selfish argument to be honest. So now us twinks who work for kills just as much as you do apparently don't deserve a spot on the leaderboards now, simply because we are a lower level?

Honestly, I don't really know why everyone goes on about twinks being kill farmers. Anyone can kill farm - not just twinks. And besides, the idea of a "separate leaderboard" is very easily exploited. Twink level 1 farms 40k kills in ctf, levels to cap, then is on leaderboard at cap.

I am aware that some guilds are labeled as "farmer guilds" in twink levels. I actually am aware of several people in some of these guilds that take up a spot on the leaderboards for their dummy kills. However, I also know several individuals in 36 that occupy a leaderboard spot too. So it's not fair to bash twinks when people at endgame farm too.

Hi, it's been addressed before, yes there are dummy farmers at cap but very few are even in the leaderboard, why? Because at cap we don't allow it and it's very difficult due to the population unlike at twink levels where someone could hide at a very unpopular level. Furthermore we chase away the farmers when we find then and don't end up having a rather fun stay.

I only know of the top of my head two capped farmers. One got banned, the other is still on the loose an ld has been reported several times, he went as far as to unfriend anybody who can drop in on his games.

Nobody has claimed dummy farming happens only at twink levels, but to deny it prospers and is a common sight there is delusional.

To all the twinks feeling so insulted, if you play fair you don't have anything to worry about. Worried of losing your chance at being in the leaderboard if my suggestion is ever implemented ? If this situation continues you will never have a chance anyway. Think about that.