PDA

View Full Version : swapped Ribbit for Abbadon

FriendlyPlayer
02-27-2014, 12:48 PM
Lvl24 PVE Warrior. Kinda wondering if I shouldve gone with Scorch...
Question: Is Abbadon still a great Warrior addition?

Hectororius
02-27-2014, 04:13 PM
scorch bad, abaddon good

Zapix
02-27-2014, 05:03 PM
scorch bad, abaddon good
This

Unethical
02-27-2014, 07:49 PM
Abaddon is still very good for any class especially warrior and rogue. Abaddon is very beneficial for you right now because the 110 armour is a big plus while the 10% xp will let you level quicker. The 15% damage and 10 primary stat will help a lot as well. Abaddon's arcane ability allows for mobs to die quicker, resulting in even quicker levelling. Scorch is OK but he is more defensive while Abaddon is a mix of both. Good decision of picking Abaddon and by the way... Welcome to the forums.

Spyce
02-27-2014, 07:50 PM
Abaddon is amazing for a Warrior.
Good move broski.

Kakashis
02-27-2014, 09:39 PM
Good choice! Scorch sucks as he's not even working as stated and he's not fixed yet.

FriendlyPlayer
02-27-2014, 11:53 PM
Right on!! thanks for feedback/help

TheMightyFeusalet
02-28-2014, 12:57 AM
just dont take sorch!

Xeusx
02-28-2014, 01:00 AM
Take abaddon

kjed
02-28-2014, 03:51 AM
I have abbadon for my lvl 10 war pvp and it makes my warrior a beast.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

rommi
02-28-2014, 04:38 AM
How about PvP?

Xeusx
02-28-2014, 04:57 AM
How about PvP?
Abaddon, powerful mythic pet

keikali
02-28-2014, 09:12 AM
Abaddon is an amazing pet and I had to be convinced for a long time to pick it up.

Don't waste it on Scorch. Worst excuse ever for a mythic pet.

jassisor
02-28-2014, 09:18 AM
Abbadon. Yes! Yes! Yes!

utpal
02-28-2014, 09:36 AM
abaddon's massive armour bonus is alot in low lvls. bt scorch's shield is in % and % scales upon lvl so at endgame it will hav higher %.. but abadon armour remains const. so at higher lvls it value degrades.
So sorch will absorb alot dmg in endgame then in low lvls but abaddon will absorb alot more then sorch in low lvls.

Conclusion:
at twink lvls choose abaddon
and at endame choose sorch

jermeily
02-28-2014, 09:40 AM
lets see scorch on this coming expan. i hope its really useful and not saying goodbye plats. hehe

Hectororius
02-28-2014, 10:23 AM
abaddon's massive armour bonus is alot in low lvls. bt scorch's shield is in % and % scales upon lvl so at endgame it will hav higher %.. but abadon armour remains const. so at higher lvls it value degrades.
So sorch will absorb alot dmg in endgame then in low lvls but abaddon will absorb alot more then sorch in low lvls.

Conclusion:
at twink lvls choose abaddon
and at endame choose sorch

I'm going to 100% disagree with with this statement. Endgame, scorch gets even worse since 1550 damage at cap is a drop in the bucket for a warrior holding aggro.

even if you combine the primary stat boost + shield for scorch, its pretty much equal to what abaddon offers with his armor+primary stat boost. Take in to consideration that the shield is ever 25 seconds vs. abaddons constant buff, and abaddon's 15% damage (VERY noticeable), then it becomes pretty evident who the better pet is.

Only thing that might save scorch is if the were to add a 10% dodge buff. This wont break the pet in PvP, but would become a true support pet for anyone to use.

utpal
02-28-2014, 12:04 PM
I'm going to 100% disagree with with this statement. Endgame, scorch gets even worse since 1550 damage at cap is a drop in the bucket for a warrior holding aggro.

even if you combine the primary stat boost shield for scorch, its pretty much equal to what abaddon offers with his armor primary stat boost. Take in to consideration that the shield is ever 25 seconds vs. abaddons constant buff, and abaddon's 15% damage (VERY noticeable), then it becomes pretty evident who the better pet is.

Only thing that might save scorch is if the were to add a 10% dodge buff. This wont break the pet in PvP, but would become a true support pet for anyone to use.

i m saying w.r.t. warrior. not sorc.
war takes less dmg then sorc so obviously shield will last longer in war.
and scorch is useless in sorc. slag is better.

Hectororius
02-28-2014, 02:03 PM
i m saying w.r.t. warrior. not sorc.
war takes less dmg then sorc so obviously shield will last longer in war.
and scorch is useless in sorc. slag is better.

I'm not sure if you actually have a warrior, and a scorch, but when i cast scorch's shield on my warrior, the shield disappears faster than my parties because I have aggro and i'm eating lots of damage. And by faster i mean withing moments (1-2 seconds) of casting the shield. on the other hand, my party members shield will tend to last longer if i'm doing my job and keeping the damage focused on me.

This is another reason why this pet isnt really doing anything for anyone. If my parties shield last the full 8-10 seconds after I cast it, what use is it really in the end? that means they weren't taking any damage to begin with.

NOW, if they were to adjust the shield to reflect the characters HP and be a percentage of that, similar to the Sorcerer shield, then that would be amazing. But this wont happen as it will just make Warriors impossible to kill in PvP and nearly invincible in PvE.

UndeadJudge
03-04-2014, 10:48 AM
I'm not sure if you actually have a warrior, and a scorch, but when i cast scorch's shield on my warrior, the shield disappears faster than my parties because I have aggro and i'm eating lots of damage. And by faster i mean withing moments (1-2 seconds) of casting the shield. on the other hand, my party members shield will tend to last longer if i'm doing my job and keeping the damage focused on me.

This is another reason why this pet isnt really doing anything for anyone. If my parties shield last the full 8-10 seconds after I cast it, what use is it really in the end? that means they weren't taking any damage to begin with.

NOW, if they were to adjust the shield to reflect the characters HP and be a percentage of that, similar to the Sorcerer shield, then that would be amazing. But this wont happen as it will just make Warriors impossible to kill in PvP and nearly invincible in PvE.

This. Scorch sucks. My shield doesn't even absorb a single sky smash from a decent warrior. And it's the same level as my rogue.

Jack O Reaper
03-05-2014, 08:20 AM
Abaddon, powerful mythic pet

Hmm...
I think he's not the only one powerfull mythic pet, slag is powerfull too.

Tendirin
03-09-2014, 07:44 PM

even if you combine the primary stat boost + shield for scorch, its pretty much equal to what abaddon offers with his armor+primary stat boost. Take in to consideration that the shield is ever 25 seconds vs. abaddons constant buff, and abaddon's 15% damage (VERY noticeable), then it becomes pretty evident who the better pet is.

i agree with this guy

Sent from my iPhone 3000
using Tapatalk,Ign is Tendirin