PDA

View Full Version : [Suggestion] Second tier classes!

allplay
02-27-2014, 07:31 PM
So I had this idea like, what if after you hit lvl 37 your character has the option to pick from 2 classes that extend off of your base class. Like second tier classes tweak the skills and provide bonuses to certain stats. I think second tier classes would add more customization and personality to each player while giving the old players a breath of fresh air. Also as a note if a person was to pick a class but regret it they could 'revert their character" in the skill screen for 15 platinum. Upon picking a second class you're refunded SKILL points to distribute among your new skill kit. I'll give my ideas for second rogue classes as there the only ones I have thought of IMO!

Rogue -> Ranger/Assasin
Assasin: Your rogue has embraced the shadows and skills are based around darkness. Assasin would act as a superior close range dps utilising daggers.
Assasins receive a +50 str+dex bonus with increases to dodge, critical, and dps.
Skills:
Shadow Peircer<Shadow assault(power boost and better armor debuff)

Noxious bolt<Dark Dart(stronger poison, single target)

Shadow Storm<Shadow Pulse(self-cast small AoE damage. Quicker cooldown but around same power)

Combat Medic<Shade(self heal that recovers 35% hp but grants mana regen for 15 seconds)

Aimed Shot<Mind slice(Aimed shot damage directly infront of the caster in a line with chance to daze target, hits multiple targets)

Bomb<Shadow Walk(turns you into a small walking AoE with the same buffs as bomb)

Entangling Trap<Come Hither(Your rogue uses the enemies shadows to push enemies towards her also giving +5 dodge. Solid damage but chunky mana cost and 10 second cooldown.)

Razor Shield<Shadow Shield( Similar to the prior but replaces razors with shadow tendrils. This skill also doesn't cause bleeding but has a 5% chance to cause slow.)

Ranger: Your rogue has cut her ties with the shadows and honed her skills as a master marksman. As such their skills with a bow are percise and deadly allowing them to engage enemies from afar while supporting the team.
Rangers receive +50 Dex/Int. With increases to bonus dmg, dodge, and damage.
Skills:
Shadow Piercer<Tri-Arrow(Cone attack with chance to knock down but not knock back)

Noxious Bolt<Poison bolt(Nearly identical to noxious but with increased poison time)

Shadow Storm<Dyna-arrow(Much Increased damage of AoE but replaces chance for crit damage with chance to lower targets vision)

Combat Medic<Field Medic(Almost identical to the former. But replaces ability to create more medkits with having a 30% chance to make a mana medkit in PvE. Medkits are also yellow for HP and blue for Mana)

Aimed shot<Ranger's Shot(Similar to aimed shot but with increased damage and mana cost.)

Entangling Trap<Conibear Trap(100/80% Chance to pull enemies into trap radius in PvE{10% in PvP} other then that nearly identical. Except for a cleaner steel appearence of the trap itself)

Shadow Veil<Smoke Bomb(Almost identical to the prior but causes damage on first burst{Like a bomb would}.)

Razor Shield<Barrel Roll(A unique movement skill that doesn't cause any damage. But a sub-skill of this move allows your Ranger to drop either a Trap or a Bomb mid roll. Depending on which one is on your skill map, and if you have both on your skill map then it's a 50/50 chance of one or the other. This causes Barrel Roll and Bomb or Trap to go into cooldown. This skill also frees you from stuns/roots/slows.

Warriors -> Beserker/Knight
Sorcerer-> Wizard/Grenadier
I know im missing the other 2 classes but I just wanted to share my idea with others. C:

NovaZ
02-27-2014, 10:42 PM
Great suggestion!

Zylx
02-28-2014, 12:47 AM
I remember playing an rpg that did this. I thought it was kinda cool. But it would certainly be a challenge to make them all balanced, since STS has trouble balancing 3...

MoloToha
02-28-2014, 01:02 PM
Warrior -> Berserker/Knight

Berserker: Your warrior mastered his two-handed sword skill and became a death machine. Berserker is considered to be a DD tank with corresponding skills:
Skyward Smash -> Death Blow (The same to SS, but with higher damage and crit chance)
Chest Splitter -> Cruel Slice (In addition to traditional CS causes DoT bleed, reduces armor, damage)
Windmill -> Death Dance (Adds additional strike and also pins enemy to the ground during dance)
Axe Throw -> Lethal Pierce (Deals 250% damage on critical)
Vengeful Blood -> Battle Fury (Same benefits as VB, but HP and MP return is bigger)
Juggernaut -> Berserk (The same to Jug, but your damage increases by 10% with every 10% of HP loss)
Horn of Renew -> War Horn (Heal is reduced, but it increases damage and crit by 15%)
Rally Cry -> Any ideas?

Knight: King Dude's legacy, Knights, can wreck hordes of enemies with their massive hammers, amplified by celestial forces. They are considered to be pure tanks:
Skyward Smash -> Over 9000 Ton Blow (Has increased AoE and higher chance to stun)
Chest Splitter -> Maul Sidestroke (Strikes more targets and has a low chance to stun)
Windmill -> Hercules Whirlgig (Strikes more targets and reduces crit by 10%)
Axe Throw -> Storm Bolt (Has 100% chance to stun)
Vengeful Blood -> King Dude Spirit (The same to VB, but provides HoT and MoT)
Juggernaut -> Knight (Dmg reduction increased to 30%, Second Wind provides self-heal at 35%)
Horn of Renew -> Paladin Horn (Also provides shield similar to Scorch's)
Rally Cry -> Heaven Touch (Significantly increases Rally Cry benefits)

havenjacket
02-28-2014, 03:35 PM
Had been suggested a year ago but STS won't do it

And MoloToha, your idea makes warriors so op that I'll wager 50mil it won't happen

MoloToha
02-28-2014, 04:04 PM

And MoloToha, your idea makes warriors so op that I'll wager 50mil it won't happen

Ahahaha, it's just fantasy.

allplay
02-28-2014, 04:36 PM

It's just an idea I had, nothing serious. Just fun! :3

AL Davdy
03-04-2014, 12:20 PM
Damm nice xD
#Eminence Kamehaa