PDA

View Full Version : STS Scorch fix please

kayle.barton kayle.barton
02-28-2014, 01:18 AM
I just bought the new mythic dragon pet scorch and I am having some issues with him. He is about level 12 or 13 now and when I active his shield arcane skill. It deactivates when a archer shoots me or sometimes just at random. So it makes it a unreliable pet for the fact that I dont know if the sheild is going to stop massive damage or not. Not only that but the shieild does not last 10 sec like said. I think its 10. I don't know. I have been reading other threads and alot of people are saying that when he advances in his level that he still only hits one target. Mine is not a high enough level to notice this. Also his attack is extremely slow. I don't know if it is supposed to be more powerful or not but my scorch's regular attack is slow. And also he himself is pretty slow. He sometimes has problems keeping up with me. Is anyone else experiencing these problems?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Kakashis
02-28-2014, 02:12 AM
yes, for me the shield only lasts 8 seconds if no one is hitting me! The major problem for me is that the shield was supposed to be 100% absorb until it breaks, but that's not the case. I still take damage when the shield is up making it a %damage reduction instead which was false advertising.

Anarchist
02-28-2014, 02:23 AM
I remember Carapace or H2N saying the paper time and actual time not being the same is because of the delay caused by the time it takes data from your device to transit to the servers and backwards..

I hope they fix Scorch b4 i buy it.

02-28-2014, 02:23 AM
I've read tons of forums about scorch and they all say that his sheild doesn't counter all 100% of the damage. But what I'm worried about is when I am getting hit hard by a mob and I am soloing and I use the shield and it keeps turning off and doing weird things like it has been. What's it going to do to my character's death count. I don't know about you but I try to be prideful about the very few deaths that I try to have. Big kills low death rate.

02-28-2014, 02:25 AM
That's another thing too elitefamily.. There is like a second or two delay after you press the button to active the sheild. It could potentially screw you over. That needs to be fixed too.

Haligali
02-28-2014, 02:38 AM
That's another thing too elitefamily.. There is like a second or two delay after you press the button to active the sheild. It could potentially screw you over. That needs to be fixed too.

This delay exist on sorcerer arcane shield as well.

02-28-2014, 02:41 AM
I didn't know.

Ravager
02-28-2014, 02:55 AM
yes, for me the shield only lasts 8 seconds if no one is hitting me! The major problem for me is that the shield was supposed to be 100% absorb until it breaks, but that's not the case. I still take damage when the shield is up making it a %damage reduction instead which was false advertising.

Its a damage reduction shield which reduces damage about 40% for me. Usually goes down way too early for me though. But its not an invulnerability shield. Similar to uncharged mage shield or mythic dagger proc

02-28-2014, 02:59 AM
You would think that a 250 plat mythic pet would have more than 40% dmg reduction. I agree. It's hard for me to even tell though because by the time I push the sheild button and it is activated. I realize I am almost dead and the sheild is gone. Like 4 secs after. I mean come on.

02-28-2014, 02:59 AM
This pet does have huge potential though!!

baddiva
02-28-2014, 05:30 AM
I started to think that scorch' AA has some limitation compared to dart's AA (in case of PVE)... Hope devs take a look at this... Because it's mythic pet and dart's just an epic pet

Hectororius
02-28-2014, 08:41 AM
You would think that a 250 plat mythic pet would have more than 40% dmg reduction. I agree. It's hard for me to even tell though because by the time I push the sheild button and it is activated. I realize I am almost dead and the sheild is gone. Like 4 secs after. I mean come on.

Play smarter? Also, the pets shield only absords a maximum of 1550 Dmg before it disappears at lvl 36, and its scaled, so at level 12-20 you barely getting have of that damage reduced. So an archer and a couple mob hits later and the shield is gone.

As for the pet being slower than you, you have to remember you are going 15% faster than him, and pets dont usually gain the speed bonus that they grant. Be fortunate that he's a melee bet and not a ranged pet, otherwise scorch would lag behind even more.

Sceazikua
02-28-2014, 08:49 AM
Just posted something : http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?140456-What-is-so-wrong-with-Scorch-I-wonder
And Hect is right ,you are faster than all pets. This time you gained 15% more speed, while the pet's speed isnt boosted.