PDA

View Full Version : Should I play a pally?

GoofyYno
12-04-2010, 01:29 PM
I am a lvl 40 mage, all INT. I think I play like a pally though. I am aggressive (maybe too much so). I tend to lead charges, swooping to the center while frantically casting spells - BOV,BOM,nightmare, weakness, lightning, snowstorm, firestorm, than heal. then I hightail it to the outside, if I seem strong enough I again move towards the center to fight. if not I stay on the periphery.

Lesrider
12-04-2010, 02:10 PM
I'd say, if you're finding that you're playing well as a Mage and have good survivability, stay that way for now. Wait until lvl 50 to see if you want to be a pally or dual-wield. It's more useful in ao3, and it's also a better time to respec. Otherwise you may waste a respec now and find out at lvl 50 it doesn't work for you.

Pharcyde
12-04-2010, 06:22 PM
pally's burn through a lot of potions. (but great survivability, better than bear with mana sheild)
Int mages are specialized in extreme croud nuking.
dual builds are great for PoE but PvP there will always be a pure pally ready to destroy you.

haha I see a little bit of me in you :). I am the only Int mage that takes 100% aggro everywhere.... (God aggression and impatience is quite a pain in the potion pocket...). Tanks usually are always behind me -.- damn leachers...

Lesrider
12-04-2010, 07:33 PM
God I hate when I have to instruct the the tankbear to lead...

Pharcyde
12-04-2010, 07:50 PM
I gave up on it. Most times bears know to tank, its just there lazy and don't want to take aggro.

Lesrider
12-04-2010, 07:52 PM
Don't know too many bears playing anymore. Most have switched to their alts, playing either Bird or Mage (including me).
But when I do encounter one who doesn't do his job, I won't let him into the next game. Don't need a big hunk of meat tailing us for loot.

Pharcyde
12-04-2010, 07:55 PM
Almost everyone is a hunk of meat to me. Only true players get my respect :p. The way to test someone for participation is to go to frozen nightmares and watch their mana. I just booted a long time friend from a game because I found out he was a leach the whole time (thanks to frozen nightmares)

Ellyidol
12-04-2010, 07:57 PM
Can't agree more with you guys. Most of the time I want a bear just for his beckon if he doesn't know how to tank. Lol

Pharcyde
12-04-2010, 07:58 PM
Mmmmm mmmm beckon... I sure wish I had that in my parties again :).

Lesrider
12-04-2010, 07:59 PM
Yeah but Many of them don't know how to beckon either. Some of these players are wearing full rift and yet don't even know how to use their skills properly.

jonboy
12-04-2010, 07:59 PM
Back to the OP's question yes, yea you should.

Lesrider
12-04-2010, 08:01 PM
Mmmmm mmmm beckon... I sure wish I had that in my parties again :).

Lol when I first switched to dual wield Mage, I kept forgetting I couldn't beckon or stomp. I was so used to doing it with my bear. Yes, it's too bad bears aren't useful anymore besides for their beckon -- and that's not really necessary anymore either since mages/pallies can wipe em all out before they're even gathered.

Pharcyde
12-04-2010, 08:15 PM
Lol when I first switched to dual wield Mage, I kept forgetting I couldn't beckon or stomp. I was so used to doing it with my bear. Yes, it's too bad bears aren't useful anymore besides for their beckon -- and that's not really necessary anymore either since mages/pallies can wipe em all out before they're even gathered.

If mages had beckon I could make 3k gold a minute in plasma... I'm making 2k now but the thing slowing me down is the time it takes to gather mobs in the corner.