PDA

View Full Version : Dual Spec Discussion

Arterra
12-04-2010, 04:41 PM
So yea when exactly did you decide on going dual, and HOW exactly do you use it?

we needed a discussion thread since we have a dual spec MAKING thread

ps saving my own ten cents in case you force me to bump...

Ellyidol
12-04-2010, 05:36 PM
I just went pally recently, after 1.5 was implemented.

I use my dual mainly for just being able to use rift armours. I still play like an int mage but with better survivability. :)

jonboy
12-04-2010, 05:41 PM
I need to find a 7+ wand, their a bit scarce.

Lesrider
12-04-2010, 07:00 PM
Jon, the new stormstrike wand is +7 int and it's from the new goblin area. I think I may have even gotten mine as a quest item.

Tennis
12-04-2010, 08:15 PM
Well I have a level 28 Enchantress who I want to make into a Dual Spec with high Strength and Intelligence. Currently at 103 int and 11 str and 37 dex.

Should I just level up as a pure mage til level 50, then respec, or should I level up strength and intelligence, which is what I've done the last two levels. I'd probably respec at 50 to get rid of the dex, but it'd still be nice to have that armor to level up with.

Off topic: I've got 8 plat left, I've bought all dungeons except for the Skeller Crunch one. I also have a third character. What should I buy?

Also,

Arterra
12-04-2010, 10:21 PM
I need to find a 7+ wand, their a bit scarce.

do skeller returns boss map a few times and you got a dreamers on a plate.

jonboy
12-04-2010, 10:50 PM
Many thanks got it now.

Ellyidol
12-04-2010, 11:16 PM
Well I have a level 28 Enchantress who I want to make into a Dual Spec with high Strength and Intelligence. Currently at 103 int and 11 str and 37 dex.

Should I just level up as a pure mage til level 50, then respec, or should I level up strength and intelligence, which is what I've done the last two levels. I'd probably respec at 50 to get rid of the dex, but it'd still be nice to have that armor to level up with.

Off topic: I've got 8 plat left, I've bought all dungeons except for the Skeller Crunch one. I also have a third character. What should I buy?

Also,

Suggest a pure mage for levelling since its faster as a group. Then respec at 50.

You could save it for respecs, or other character stuff like more inventory slots etc.

Arterra
12-04-2010, 11:22 PM
Suggest a pure mage for levelling since its faster as a group. Then respec at 50.

You could save it for respecs, or other character stuff like more inventory slots etc.

i annswered a pm about mages and think i can add to this: if you have trouble with leveling as an int mage, use dex for higher armor and to keep range. works very well. also, it is much easier to dual wield once ao1 and ao2 items are available, from lv38-50 (maybe there is a lv 37 thoth helm out there... idk) just need booster gear and ready to set sail.