PDA

View Full Version : Elite Rings For new players

Lee19
03-01-2014, 11:31 PM
Since there is no cap coming soon or maybe at all can Sts make elite rings available to new players?
Its not fair for the new players in PvP to have a disadvantage
I have some idea's on how they might be able to be achieved
1. Have a super hard elite quest like (kill every boss in the game 100 times)
2. Reset and start from level 1 (presetige like call of duty) and get up to 76
3. Grind to 200-300k+ exp

I think anyone who wants to be elite should be, not only the older players just because they were around longer
And this would get Sts a chunk of money for the people that buy plat to grind

NotYoCookiez
03-01-2014, 11:35 PM
Elite and new doesn't connect

Xyzther
03-01-2014, 11:55 PM
I like to copy Xyzther's Ideas

Samhayne

Jk no more samhaynes :( sts doesn't like their own mods I guess

SayCreed
03-02-2014, 05:29 AM
No.Just No.

Darkterror
03-02-2014, 10:11 AM
They might add a 3year reward. That means new players might still have disadvantage even if they ever get an elite ring.

lightzone
03-02-2014, 12:09 PM
I have to agree, but it's not like this is ever going to happen. STS likes to stay blissfully unaware (or at least aren't doing anything about it) of this issue... I remember Argyros' big thread on Elite XP and I don't think a Dev went anywhere near it, lol.

Lee19
03-03-2014, 12:36 PM
I have to agree, but it's not like this is ever going to happen. STS likes to stay blissfully unaware (or at least aren't doing anything about it) of this issue... I remember Argyros' big thread on Elite XP and I don't think a Dev went anywhere near it, lol.

There is hope. There was a thread by the devs: "what changes would you like to see in PL" and a lot of them got implemented

Argyros
03-03-2014, 12:42 PM

They just don't care to spend the 10mins working on pl. Samhayne still hasn't even finished up the shooting star garb thing. He handed it over to the new Dev lol, that may take a month or two.

They might add a 3year reward. That means new players might still have disadvantage even if they ever get an elite ring.

The 3 year reward wouldn't have stats lol. It would just look crazy awesome.

peosate
03-03-2014, 08:29 PM
no. no and never ever. players like me who joined in 2010 and had to grind mobs for the cap and put money into the game should still be classified as the elite, players with 2/3pc rings are to remain that way in a manner that they had earned them, its not our fault that you decided to join late unlike the rest of us.

Laar
03-03-2014, 08:36 PM
no. no and never ever. players like me who joined in 2010 and had to grind mobs for the cap and put money into the game should still be classified as the elite, players with 2/3pc rings are to remain that way in a manner that they had earned them, its not our fault that you decided to join late unlike the rest of us.
Oh hai Peo. :D

Schnitzel
03-03-2014, 08:41 PM
Since there is no cap coming soon or maybe at all can Sts make elite rings available to new players?

I think anyone who wants to be elite should be, not only the older players just because they were around longer

Addressing the bolded parts
Players without elite rings aren't at disadvantages.
I've seen people with elite rings get killed in pvp by people without elite rings.
I've been playing since may 2010. I've never gotten any of those elite items. but i still do OK in PvP

200k-300k xp, and the Presetige thing wont take very long for some players.
And say that STS does do this, after a while, people will be wanting something more ingame.

Compare this Elite ring stuff to the Forgotten event. that event probably wont come back.
Neither will the chance to re-get these elite items. They were a one time only thing.

Lee19
03-03-2014, 09:02 PM
I disagree that old players should be proffiting from their past forever, letting new players suffer in lack of oportunities. You capped before, was elite, enjoyed gifts, special benefits pretty long time. Maybe its time to end that season and allow others to enjoy some.

Misfit
03-04-2014, 08:27 PM
I think there should also be another way to get elite rings because I've been playing for three years, but I have only done twink pvp (15-56)

Kiwihawk
03-04-2014, 08:33 PM
Ehhhhhhh,

Rolocolo
03-04-2014, 10:48 PM
We "oldies" always sacrificed much of our exclusiveness from the 3 rings when the new elite vanities bonuses were turning into rooms with the new blacksmoke mountain cap; it used to be even more exclusive to have the rainbow ring, not all the oldies complained and we havent been enjoying the bonus forever; the 3 pc ring only came out during 66 cap; which is already 2 years since Pl came out

Waug
03-05-2014, 02:17 AM
rather Take off bonus from every kinda ring, vanity etc from everyone atleast pvp would b little bit less dodgy.

Lee19
03-05-2014, 11:51 AM
rather Take off bonus from every kinda ring, vanity etc from everyone atleast pvp would b little bit less dodgy.
That would make it fair. They can always have the sparkles and the vanitys they grinded for but it's not fair for the new players who might have spent the same amount of $$ as anyone else and not be able to get an elite ring

Rolocolo
03-05-2014, 12:03 PM
They didn't only spend money but invested way more time into the game

Sheugokin
03-05-2014, 03:22 PM
They didn't only spend money but invested way more time into the game

How do you know JB? I mean I have been playing for more than 2 1/2 years but capped once in BSM. I have invested a lot of time into this game as well. And I calculated it that I could have gotten a 3PC if I seized the chance.

Nihiliste
03-05-2014, 04:45 PM
That would make it fair. They can always have the sparkles and the vanitys they grinded for but it's not fair for the new players who might have spent the same amount of $$ as anyone else and not be able to get an elite ring

Why should we be penalized because you chose not to cap or "did not have time to"? When the level cap was 56, I eventually reached level 55 and one week after, they raised the level cap. I chose not to go for the level 56 achievement because I was shocked at the enormous amount of XP I had to get in order to level up. And yes, I regret it, but that is my own fault. You don't see me making a thread asking STG for a Crown of Persistance even if I have had thoughts of it. That is no excuse. If you think that spending the same amount of money as a veteran player who has been with this company much longer guarantees you the same benefits, then you are wrong.

XghostzX
03-05-2014, 04:57 PM

'Elite' and 'new' do not coincide. If you missed the rings, then that kind of sucks. But in reality you don't even need the 3pc ring because you can level up as a bear and still be pretty OP.

Argyros
03-05-2014, 06:05 PM
'Elite' and 'new' do not coincide. If you missed the rings, then that kind of sucks. But in reality you don't even need the 3pc ring because you can level up as a bear and still be pretty OP.

Op skilled bear vs op skilled bear with 3 PC... 3 PC still wins.

Caiahar
03-05-2014, 06:20 PM

Will , try being a 75 bird with a plat ring against countless of others with dragon rings, not even 2/3pc.

Wait, I'm still kind of decent even as a noob...

Nah I'm not decent :p

All for one, and one for all.

Rolocolo
03-05-2014, 06:44 PM
Apy no piece bears can beat 3 pc bears, just need to hit hs

ToastyLord
03-05-2014, 07:01 PM
STS is probably not gonna release this but I hate it when the "old players" boast about how long they've stuck arouns with PL and hate whenever the "new players" get anything they think should ONLY be for the "old players"

Rolocolo
03-05-2014, 07:12 PM
STS is probably not gonna release this but I hate it when the "new players" boast about how long they've stuck around with PL and hate whenever the "new players" beg for things that had been exclusive and should ONLY be for the "old players"

Yes i agree

ToastyLord
03-05-2014, 08:48 PM
Yes i agree

I like the way you re-phrase my post, maybe it wasn't the best ( I wrote it kinda in a hurry ) :)

Suentous PO
03-05-2014, 09:38 PM
I agree the game should be fair for all, but being that you mentioned older players being territorial about what they've earned, there are some reasons.
A short list of why;
Old players endured things like nuris mobs (not bosses) one shot one killing players,
or how some bosses were bugged and would heal themselves to full several times,
Or that the time between a cap might have been VERY short in the past requiring more effort,
Or that there were no plat elixirs for a lot of sewers cap,
No week long 2x xp at one time,
No double xp weekends,
No daily blessings at one time.

These are just the ones I can remember offhand I think there were other situations that made it way harder when compared to today's newer players.

Rolocolo
03-05-2014, 09:50 PM
Yes i agree

I like the way you re-phrase my post, maybe it wasn't the best ( I wrote it kinda in a hurry ) :)

Your welcome man, always here to help out the other members of the community:) if you need gold or help leveling, pm smokestar, ishadowsar, or swimmingstar

Caiahar
03-05-2014, 11:10 PM
Yes i agree

Your welcome man, always here to help out the other members of the community:) if you need gold or help leveling, pm smokestar, ishadowsar, or swimmingstar
Yea, I'm ishadowstar, he's ishadowsar.

Rolocolo
03-05-2014, 11:13 PM
Oh i forgot to add my other ign; plasmastar, dang it

Drianikaben
03-05-2014, 11:23 PM
While I agree that newer (not newb, but newer. that maybe only experienced BSM cap, but joined right as that happened) should be allowed a little something.... I do NOT agree that it should be anything like what older players had.

I have been here 3 years. Capped during the Alien Oasis (2 or 3) cap. Long before elite cap bonuses. Was a pain. Have not capped since. Working on 76 right now actually. Same toon and all.

Compared to then, when it took me a week to get it.... All I had to do today was drop $50. Bam, within an hour and a half, already a quarter to level 76.

The difference here isn't that players are new. The difference is players have it really easy now. I admit it. I have it easy.

When you think about the fact that during AO2 cap, it was possible to get nearly 3 times as many kills by level 20 as it is now, leveling doesn't seem like it was so easy back then.

There are many things you guys enjoy now, least of which is blessings. And you feel you deserve what others did 2 or more years ago, in a much more difficult environment? That's wrong.

STS needs to release another level cap soon tho. I don't wanna be stuck at 76 forever.

ToastyLord
03-06-2014, 09:07 AM
Okay, okay, sorry, I didn't make my post quite clear enough I see, what I meant to say is the "old players" think that anything NEW that comes out should only be for the "old players". I DID NOT mean, all those old items that came out exclusivly for only the people that we're around at that point of time should be for the "new players".

Hopefully I made my point quite clear :)

dudetus
03-08-2014, 08:58 AM

Well that's the point of being elite - been here long enough so that u have been able to earn unique rewards.

At this point STG's focus should be in veterans, in us who have devoted years for this game. Don't get me wrong, I support some type of questline for newer ppl to earn some sort of bonus stats but it shouldn't be as good as an elite 3 piece reward is. There should still be a small difference between the oldies and the new guys.

Warlord0520
04-03-2014, 07:21 PM

says the guy who was advertising a few days ago that he wanted to buy accounts.

Schnitzel
04-03-2014, 07:26 PM
Alright ENOUGH Warlord0520

there's no need to Necro a thread just to flame
If you want to talk about that Scam argument, settle it in private messaging, not on a forum thread

Lee19
04-03-2014, 08:17 PM
says the guy who was advertising a few days ago that he wanted to buy accounts.

No need to lie, please post pictures I want to see this. #Raygemaorplez

Xyzther
04-03-2014, 10:33 PM
I am xyzther and I am the king

Rolocolo
04-03-2014, 10:38 PM
He is Rolocolo and He is the king of kings

Awe you're too nice

quantionus
04-03-2014, 10:39 PM

absolutely... AWESOME

asadriob
04-04-2014, 02:21 AM

Quit 76.. It suck anyways :p

Argyros
04-04-2014, 07:05 AM
Quit 76.. It suck anyways :p

Go 61 and be rushed by him! ^^

Lee19
04-10-2014, 11:27 AM
We need 1 pce pls

Waug
04-10-2014, 11:51 AM
We need 1 pce pls

I laughed reading this, but actually it can a very good solution just stats can be lil bit better than drag ring.

RaNciDz
04-11-2014, 01:19 AM
I agreed when you (admin) put some quest for l76 user to get some elite ring to make we all stay playing in this game...TQ.

Mister Smith
04-11-2014, 11:57 AM
Nah da ring dont make any kind of disatvantage or atvantage you just need to know how to use the class you are using (Practice make perfect) :D

Lee19
04-11-2014, 12:40 PM
Nah da ring dont make any kind of disatvantage or atvantage you just need to know how to use the class you are using (Practice make perfect) :D

Still get 1 hit I'm PVE, that 5 dodge is almost half the dodge swift set gives. Swift bow set gives 7 dodge. With + 5 dodge + 50 health elite ring goes a long way

Caiahar
04-11-2014, 02:31 PM

Still get 1 hit I'm PVE, that 5 dodge is almost half the dodge swift set gives. Swift bow set gives 7 dodge. With + 5 dodge + 50 health elite ring goes a long way
I always wonder how do I survive in PvE as a 75 bird with a plat ring non elixired.
I really don't believe that 50+ health helps alot in PvE.
Only boss that one shots me in BSM is KOAL, he has an attack that does a lot of dmg.
Otherwise, I can survive red dragon and those 3 Dragonet bosses with a team.

QuaderupleeJr
04-12-2014, 11:59 AM
Those are way to hard even Sts themselves wouldn't even do such thing