Sheener
03-02-2014, 06:17 PM
Unless u want him as a vanity. Dont get ripmaw

Lovingly
03-02-2014, 06:27 PM
It's not great for what it worth

Commanderkeen
03-02-2014, 06:37 PM
http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj492/Poz10151/Screenshot_2014-03-02-18-21-55.png (http://s1264.photobucket.com/user/Poz10151/media/Screenshot_2014-03-02-18-21-55.png.html)

Kakashis
03-02-2014, 06:46 PM
He's pretty useless nowadays

Hectororius
03-03-2014, 11:11 AM
Ripmaw is not a useless pet, but he's not a pet for everyone either.

He's fantastic for a warrior tank who's eating tons of damage. His Passive is identical to HammerJaws and is great for crowd control. The Short Cool Down on the AA means he's knocking down mobs frequently.

I dont recommend him to any other class. but he's far from useless. Useless is Scorch.....

kayle.barton kayle.barton
03-03-2014, 04:44 PM
Ripmaw is not a useless pet, but he's not a pet for everyone either.

He's fantastic for a warrior tank who's eating tons of damage. His Passive is identical to HammerJaws and is great for crowd control. The Short Cool Down on the AA means he's knocking down mobs frequently.

I dont recommend him to any other class. but he's far from useless. Useless is Scorch.....

I will have to disagree, Scorch is not useless. Sure there might be some bugs now. But what do you expect, he was just released. Haven't all specialty pets had bugs. I agree that it sucks that he isn't as good as he should be right now especially cause I just spent 250 plats!! But I bet in time.. He will be really good.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Hectororius
03-03-2014, 06:44 PM
I'd have to go back and check the periodic updates for the mythic pets, but generally speaking, they dont tend to fix or completely revamp the mythic pets, they will make changes to the arcane pets however.

Ripmaw and Hammerjaw both had their passives adjusted so that they started dealing damage to multiple targets at lvl 20, all other mythic pets deal multiple damage at 30.

Scorch isn't bugged, he's working completely as intended. He is unofficially considered a twink pet (rogue at that) and speed runner by just about everyone. If they dont change him, then what?

do this for fun. take your scorch to 35 or cap, then get all your friends with other mythic pets at the same level. Go to a map like Dead City or Kraken where you wont die easily or need to pot very much. One pet at a time, let them take out a group of mobs and see how long it takes by using their arcanes and passive attacks. Let me know who wins and comes in last.

ps - Give me your reasons as to why you think scorch isnt useless. I gave examples to defend ripmaw. now you give some to defend scorch.

Kakashis
03-03-2014, 07:12 PM
Ripmaw isn't the best for a tank as there's no armor nor max hp. However the 4% reduction is useful, but still horrible. The Knocking down function rarely works as well.

Scorch is just, well, twink ctf pet. Run around fast and proc a shield that lasts a little longer than in elite. Lack of %damage and hp makes this a poor choice for elite. He is useless for the most part, but he did save me ONCE when I was shielded up and inan'hesh crit the group and I had 9% hp left. If your shield is up, there's a good chance you can take that one hit during boss fight, but it's only once every 25 sec? Even with resummoning the pet after 10 sec is hard to time because shield isn't instant on. Overall a good normal mode running map pet. Oh and he's still not working as intended. His shield is supposed to be 100% absorb up to the damage, not a damage reduction shield up to that amount. Devs still haven't resolved the issue. I only bought this pet because they said it was 100% absorb up to 1550.

I think they used the mythic dagger shield proc coding instead of the Warriors HOR/mage 2 sec invulnerability during the 1550 incoming damage. I've tested it out time and time again and I can still get hurt while it's initially up and it still stays on after the damage taken. So yes, not working as intended as is bugged.