PDA

View Full Version : New Character Slot or New Account?

Xjalen
03-02-2014, 07:24 PM
Debating... which is the best way to make a new toon?

Xenobiotic
03-02-2014, 07:30 PM
Buying a new slot.

Rare
03-02-2014, 07:31 PM
They are cheap. I'd just buy a new slot. Much easier sharing gear and gold. Also, you share platinum. There are a lot of advantages to having toons on the same account. There are also some disadvantages (can't be logged in at the same time if for some reason you need to do that)

Xjalen
03-02-2014, 07:34 PM
They are cheap. I'd just buy a new slot. Much easier sharing gear and gold. Also, you share platinum. There are a lot of advantages to having toons on the same account. There are also some disadvantages (can't be logged in at the same time if for some reason you need to do that)

Hmmm I don't think i'd ever need to be logged in at the same time... I can just put my lepre in the stash, select my other character and go to my stash and he would have it right? Is that what you are saying by sharing gear?

Xenobiotic
03-02-2014, 07:36 PM
Hmmm I don't think i'd ever need to be logged in at the same time... I can just put my lepre in the stash, select my other character and go to my stash and he would have it right? Is that what you are saying by sharing gear?

Correct

Xjalen
03-02-2014, 07:37 PM
Correct

nikolajus112
03-02-2014, 11:20 PM
If you have 2 devices other acc good with sharing too, but you wont share same plat (but with other acc u will get another +50% first plat buy)

The Forgotten
03-05-2014, 05:59 AM
If you have 2 devices other acc good with sharing too, but you wont share same plat (but with other acc u will get another +50% first plat buy)

New account is better you can always power lvl yourself

Hectororius
03-05-2014, 08:52 AM
Yeah I have my mains on separate accounts. Originally you had to spend plat to get a new slot so it made sense that way.

No I have additional alts on each for whatever reason. Flexibility is always good :)

Zanpakuto
03-05-2014, 01:52 PM
unless you're going to wait 50 days to sell the story pets which have plummetted in value, do character slots!

riobravo
03-05-2014, 06:54 PM
Id say just do a new character slot, it is easier to share items with the stash. plus I think power leveling yourself using two devices is frowned upon.

falmear
03-05-2014, 10:13 PM
Unless you want to share plat and/or stash, I would create a new character. Its free plus you get 7 plat. So you can get a free elixir or free respec. The only issue is trading between accounts, you need two devices which can be a hassle.