PDA

View Full Version : [DISCUSSION] Secrets behind the "offer" sale techniques?

NotYoCookiez
03-02-2014, 09:54 PM
Everyone has tried to buy an item off someone before and usually the buyer would come across the word "offer" when he/she asks the seller how much?

I myself used to and sometimes still do this. But really, I want to know if everyone's incentive to say it is the same as mine.
Usually I say it because there might be a chance the buyer would pay more than my intended price.

Say a item in cs is 900k.

In my mind, I would sell like 600k, but what if the buyer is willing to pay 700k?

If I say 600k and he woulda bought it for 700k, I just lost a potential 100k more gold out of the trade.

But there are flaws to this. Like for example, if a seller tells a buyer to offer and the buyer offers lower than what expected, it usually results in a "no ty"

In that case, the buyer is like "then give me a price" and the seller would probably say nvm and end of any more interactions.

Anyways those are just a few personal examples but I wanna what you guys think about this.

Rolocolo
03-02-2014, 10:02 PM
I love it when it works like this

buyer: "whats your price"
seller: "offer"
buyer: "[an offer 200-300k cheaper than cs]"
seller (aka Dankatlien): lmao gtfo, you'll never get that price
buyer immediately joins next town and gets even cheaper than the offer he gave the seller.

Swag.

WeLoveJesus
03-02-2014, 10:50 PM
I should post a screenshot of Dankatlien spamtrading me... Any way I can make that "Dankatlien wishes to trade with you" flashing across my screen go away in less than 10 min.?

buyer immediately joins next town and gets even cheaper than the offer he gave the seller.

Swag.

vvokzzzzz
03-03-2014, 01:31 AM
Any way I can make that "Dankatlien wishes to trade with you" flashing across my screen go away in less than 10 min.?

I think muting him could work.

NotYoCookiez
03-03-2014, 06:03 AM
I think muting him could work.

Not After the spam was already done. I tried it lol. Maybe to prevent it, it will work

Xenobiotic
03-03-2014, 07:35 AM
Log off and log in again.

XghostzX
03-03-2014, 07:50 AM

Swag.

Thanks for the daily laugh hahaa

Cheenivie
03-03-2014, 11:23 AM
Usually when they say give me a price after I rejected an offer I ask for the price I was looking for.

Reunegade
03-03-2014, 04:46 PM
I should post a screenshot of Dankatlien spamtrading me... Any way I can make that "Dankatlien wishes to trade with you" flashing across my screen go away in less than 10 min.?
Trade another person so it counterspams to him and says "He is busy trading with someone else" or something

NotYoCookiez
03-03-2014, 06:13 PM
That is genius!

Cavoc
03-03-2014, 06:59 PM
"Offer" is used more than just sales in pl. That's a common thing to say when negotiating with any kind of purchase.

tebandraker
03-04-2014, 11:34 AM
Dankatlien always spamtrading me too. Maybe is a immature child.

Rolocolo
03-04-2014, 10:04 PM
Dankatlien always spamtrading me too. He is DEFINITELY a immature child.

Fixed.