PDA

View Full Version : New type of scamming

Daddyblu
03-03-2014, 04:22 AM
My friend was buying steel commando vest for warrior then this guy tell me he was selling for 1.4m

my friend said ok i will buy it. 1st trade he place the warrior steel commando set then he canceled it he said he was lagging.

2nd trade my member placed the money 1.4m and my friend did not notice that he already change the item to steel commando vest mage that is worth only 900k in CS.

my friend know that it was his fault he did not double check the item he placed inside the trade box.

but im sure he is scamming people round buying and selling and replacing the items.

lesson learned please double check the items on the trade box.

Kakashis
03-03-2014, 04:59 AM
This is nothing new to the old switcheroo. It can either be a similar named item, different class, or what's easily missed nowadays is the level of the item as well as the type of gem.

At least we have commas now in trade!

Atten
03-03-2014, 05:02 AM
Yeah. That happens more times with red arlor-red founder. Scammers change red arlor with red founder fast and then you are lost :P. Thanks for telling us :D

Cero
03-03-2014, 05:51 AM
Did he report the name?
Take screenshots and all during the trade and convo?
Scammer will cry. Lol

Daddyblu
03-03-2014, 06:47 AM
yup i reported... and got screen shots even i warned him that i got all in screen shots he did not return the item too bad.

i dont want to banned people.

manish279
03-03-2014, 06:57 AM
Daddyblu..its our fault. .sts will not ban such people .. I had also been fooled like this previously...

Xenobiotic
03-03-2014, 07:42 AM
Daddyblu..its our fault. .sts will not ban such people .. I had also been fooled like this previously...

So it's his fault, what are they gonna do? Let the scammer go free? That's also foolish.

Daddyblu
03-03-2014, 08:32 AM
So it's his fault, what are they gonna do? Let the scammer go free? That's also foolish.

yah they try to act they are lagging cancel the trade 2-4 times. until your in a hurry then boom! you got served.

manish279
03-03-2014, 09:00 AM

That's not scamming. .its fault on our part. .if it was scamming then sts would have banned them.

Kyuura
03-03-2014, 11:23 AM
Blu, i got scammed by him too like ur friend by addmin,
And with the same case with same items. He said selling commando warrior but he gives me mage ones. Hopefully STS will banned this account , so no one will get scammed again :)

Nice days !!

Rare
03-03-2014, 11:33 AM
If I ever trade with anyone, if for any reason the trade window gets closed I am immediately skeptical.

Xenobiotic
03-03-2014, 07:14 PM
That's not scamming. .its fault on our part. .if it was scamming then sts would have banned them.

"scam
skam/Submit
nouninformal
a dishonest scheme; a fraud.
"an insurance scam"
synonyms: fraud, swindle, fraudulent scheme, racket, trick; More
verb
verb: scam; 3rd person present: scams; past tense: scammed; past participle: scammed; gerund or present participle: scamming
swindle.
"a guy that scams the elderly out of their savings"
synonyms: swindle, cheat, deceive, trick, dupe, hoodwink, double-cross, gull; More
Origin
1960s: of unknown origin.
Translate scam to
Use over time for: scam"
Google definition, your saying that switching out an item intentionally and knowing that it is a trick, is not scamming? Then boy you got your definitions wrong. And even if it is fault on their part, why would you let them go?

WallyMcGee
03-03-2014, 09:41 PM
Some jerk did this to my friend but different item

manish279
03-03-2014, 10:14 PM
"scam
skam/Submit
nouninformal
a dishonest scheme; a fraud.
"an insurance scam"
synonyms:fraud, swindle, fraudulent scheme, racket, trick; More
verb
verb: scam; 3rd person present: scams; past tense: scammed; past participle: scammed; gerund or present participle: scamming
swindle.
"a guy that scams the elderly out of their savings"
synonyms:swindle, cheat, deceive, trick, dupe, hoodwink, double-cross, gull; More
Origin
1960s: of unknown origin.
Translate scam to
Use over time for: scam"
Google definition, your saying that switching out an item intentionally and knowing that it is a trick, is not scamming? Then boy you got your definitions wrong. And even if it is fault on their part, why would you let them go?

Lol xeno..I can't beat u in discussion ;). .but what is your say? Will sts ban him? ?....based on my experience no...I have been scammed of my lepre in very early stages. .I left the game and came back...sts will never ban these type of so called "scammers"
If sts would have put a ban on these type of people, the entire breed of "scammers" would have wiped out by now..

Daddyblu
03-04-2014, 02:48 AM
Blu, i got scammed by him too like ur friend by addmin,
And with the same case with same items. He said selling commando warrior but he gives me mage ones. Hopefully STS will banned this account , so no one will get scammed again :)

Nice days !!

Yes his the guy who keep roaming around and scamming people.

his ING is addmin, also he try to message new players that he is a admin of STS.

he also have another account name xxxrancidxxx or xxxramcidxxx.

please take extra careful.

Kyuura
03-04-2014, 02:52 AM
I got him in pier :) still hope if STS will banned scammer like him.

Nice days !!

Daddyblu
03-04-2014, 02:57 AM

Nice days !!

nice because i told him ill report him now he name his per after me? omg this guy has the nerves.

Kyuura
03-04-2014, 03:10 AM
nice because i told him ill report him now he name his per after me? omg this guy has the nerves.

Lets pray for him @.@

Nice days !!

Hiosahaf
03-04-2014, 05:26 AM

Nice days !!

Lmao at that frog's name XD

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Rare
03-04-2014, 09:07 AM

This is really the only thing I consider scamming in AL. While the definition of scamming is much more broad, most "scams" are people that leave themselves open to such behavior. I don't consider that scamming.

fantastiflo
03-05-2014, 12:06 AM
:-( exactly the same guy did same to me.
i suggest to color the vanity names different for each class.

these ppl are a very bad expierience.

something has to happen.

if it stays like this and scamers dont get punished i start scamming too.
to be honest doesn t seem to pay out
(i of course would not do/ last edit)

Daddyblu
03-05-2014, 01:10 AM

something has to happen.

So your saying Addmin did the same to you?

fantastiflo
03-05-2014, 01:26 AM
yes.

Zylx
03-05-2014, 01:51 AM

something has to happen.

Scams cant magically disappear and never come back. It is not possible to monitor every player's account and prevent people from attempting scams. Punishment is dealt after the damage is done, but before it can spread further. The only way to prevent scams is by not letting yourself get scammed in the first place. Never succumb yourself to scamming. You will harm other players' ability to enjoy the game, as well as closing your road to the future of STG.

I cannot emphasize enough: You must not rush things when trading. Be vigilant and triple-check the items in the trade screen to make sure they're the items you want.

fantastiflo
03-05-2014, 02:10 AM
it was not the first time someone tried that scam.
i am angry with myselve that i did not catch it this time. i am not that unexpierienced but it happened.
and as i dont think (expirience) that sts is going to do anything for me i want to suggest there has to be a solution developed to protect potentional vicims in the future. as i read in the forum, a funktion to return the trade within 30 seconds or so.
it would have helped me.

i payed a lot of real cash for the game. why people who betray have the advantage? this question has got to be answered!
why i should pay one more cent instead of try to scam people?

epicrrr
03-05-2014, 02:14 AM

Nice days !!

Its him that @$@^@^@ #$ he has targeted some of our guildies at 10!

He has not done this once but a lot of times look into his ip adresses and mac add.

Daddyblu
03-05-2014, 08:56 AM
sts need to stop this guy... they need to block his ip address

Roberto077
03-05-2014, 09:14 AM
sts need to stop this guy... they need to block his ip address

Why is his pet named daddyblu?

Hiosahaf
03-05-2014, 09:17 AM

It doesn't fit you know. Ribbit is green, not blue. He could've named his Ethyl as Daddyblu! Would have matched the colour lil bit

Hoardseeker
03-05-2014, 09:47 AM

It doesn't fit you know. Ribbit is green, not blue. He could've named his Ethyl as Daddyblu! Would have matched the colour lil bit

Mmm....my frost [dragon pet] name is daddyblu lol

Elf
03-05-2014, 10:07 AM
I have a experience! Other type scamming!
Beware!!!!!
the scammer will list a cheap item, RARE, AND ONLY ONE IN AUCTION.!!
He will swap his expensive item to this item.
He hope someone will buy his item and trade with him, if u buy and want to trade with him ,he will cancel it n off @@
for example: swap my green arlor hat rogue to arcane pendent of fitness lv35. (Only 1 in cs 300k)
Its impossible he will trade his green hat worth 2m++ to item only 300k++ list in auction @@
Sometimes the scammer will use new acc he will make like a noob,
For example : the scammer will touch tab trade with u,
Helloo guys,, look what its???? (Blood ruby shuyal)
I will trade this item to arcane pendent of fitness lv35 ( only 1 list in cs 300k++).

Dont believe :) he only want his item sold fast in cs , use this trick!

@@ just share my experince trading in AL !
Sorry my english is so bad, hope all reader understand what i mean. Thanks :D

Nofx
03-05-2014, 11:08 AM
Yes his the guy who keep roaming around and scamming people.

his ING is addmin, also he try to message new players that he is a admin of STS.

he also have another account name xxxrancidxxx or xxxramcidxxx.

please take extra careful.

Lmao..i know xxxrancidxxx he is a good player and also anti scamming gamer..and i know that rancid is mad at u blu.coz addmin also tried to scamm him last day..and he saw addmins pet name... He said, he tried to ask u if u know ADDMIN. then u replied him using BADWORDS. Thats all..anyway make sure that ur comment is true specially when u posting against other player IGN..tnx

Nofx
03-05-2014, 11:23 AM
And ign xxkolokoys also do disame strategy like addmin....low lvl warior like addmin...

Daddyblu
03-06-2014, 01:17 AM
Lmao..i know xxxrancidxxx he is a good player and also anti scamming gamer..and i know that rancid is mad at u blu.coz addmin also tried to scamm him last day..and he saw addmins pet name... He said, he tried to ask u if u know ADDMIN. then u replied him using BADWORDS. Thats all..anyway make sure that ur comment is true specially when u posting against other player IGN..tnx

LOL i was thinking he was addmin geeezz... when he mention the name i boiled up.. are you sure his not addmin?maybe he is

Dude i guy like me having more than more than 100m would waste my time on scamming vanity?

are you insane or his just stupid. tell that to ramcid. why the heck he would think that im addmin.

if you ask my members how many arcane items i have you will say it doesn't make sense at all.

Daddyblu
03-06-2014, 03:07 AM
STS you need to put a stop at this guy! i saw him in paradise again selling steel commando!

Please do something he is trying to scam another people

Nofx
03-06-2014, 01:55 PM
LOL i was thinking he was addmin geeezz... when he mention the name i boiled up.. are you sure his not addmin?maybe he is

Dude i guy like me having more than more than 100m would waste my time on scamming vanity?

are you insane or his just stupid. tell that to ramcid. why the heck he would think that im addmin.

if you ask my members how many arcane items i have you will say it doesn't make sense at all.

Mybe not all the players dont know who you are... Dont worry ill tell him.. Tnx anyway

Nofx
03-06-2014, 01:56 PM
Im sure addmin and kolokoys are one..coz they had disame strategy.same weapon..and when they take of commando vanity they have disame tarlok armor..

Hiosahaf
03-06-2014, 02:01 PM
I think the the best way to approach this issue is via contacting STS.. name calling is against ToS if I remember and we're pretty much aware of these scams.

Daddyblu
03-09-2014, 12:16 AM
hmmm why people blaming it on me?

does it mean that his pet is named after me that we are the same person?

@@

Jane got scammed by that guy lol.

its very shameful that same as your nationality need to do this kind of low level tactic's to get gold.

uunknownn
03-09-2014, 05:08 AM
lol how bout those selling 1-2m crates or 2m pumpkin pet its obviously they hoping that someone accidentally click that.and guess what those players who trying to cheat is also one those rich players in a.l...

uunknownn
03-09-2014, 05:10 AM
its obviosly they are trying to cheat no such good explanation.hate you:-P

uunknownn
03-09-2014, 05:17 AM
i want my reply on.front:-Phow bout those rich players who put 1-2m crates or pumkin.pet etc.its obviously they are hoping someone accidentally click that!!hate hate its obviously you trying to cheat someone.

Tendirin
03-09-2014, 02:28 PM
Ughh why do people have to Scam others...

Sent from my iPhone 3000
using Tapatalk

Ishtmeet
03-09-2014, 06:51 PM
Oh god!! Same thing happened to me..
At travelers outpost
He was like lvl 7 or 8 , somthing around it.. wearing red arlor cap and vest(Was a rogue). And i asked him for the cost of the cap, He told me 500k. I went to stash bought money and traded. Frst he almost confirmed it, the canceled and said.. it was 550k. I said ok.. I went stash and came back traded, that idiot listed that red founder cap instead of that... almost fooled me

Azsontop
03-09-2014, 07:02 PM
Lmao he's in my guild o.0 better tell melthy

Daddyblu
03-10-2014, 12:30 AM
Oh god!! Same thing happened to me..
At travelers outpost
He was like lvl 7 or 8 , somthing around it.. wearing red arlor cap and vest(Was a rogue). And i asked him for the cost of the cap, He told me 500k. I went to stash bought money and traded. Frst he almost confirmed it, the canceled and said.. it was 550k. I said ok.. I went stash and came back traded, that idiot listed that red founder cap instead of that... almost fooled me

lol what if your lagging that time, you could have lost your 500k