PDA

View Full Version : Sad state of the economy (a farmer's rant)

Milan Lame Man
03-03-2014, 06:52 AM
Hello all,

So I wanted Kelvin and Vixen eggs.
After running Frostir and Grimnr for some hours, looting 1 locked from mobs and nothing else, I have realized that it's better to run Jarl or KM3 and buy from CS.
For me, this kind of kills the game. I don't want to run the same map for months to buy some imaginary assets I don't need anyway for that one map. I want to run different and all maps, and be good at it. But with no loot and high costs in pots, it makes no sense.

I do realize that changing egg drop rate does nothing since the price would simply adjust but the relation CS>farming would stay.
I do realize that STS wants to keep Locked drop rate high because every crate that drops means 15 plat spent sooner or later.
It really is the low demand that sets a low price.

Anyway... Are you happy with this? Do you see any way to make farming unpopular items worth the time spent?

When essences arrived into Arlor, I thought "Cool, now whatever I do, I get essence -> I get gems -> I get gold". With gem prices so low now, it's no longer true. I can't think of anything else that would work.

Daniel Banuelos
03-03-2014, 07:03 AM
after the double chance to get grand gems recently the prices of gems dropped after that event

TheMightyFeusalet
03-03-2014, 07:12 AM
Eggs get dropped ro much-> much people have much pets-> eggs are getting lower and lower :(

Xenobiotic
03-03-2014, 07:38 AM
Eggs get dropped ro much-> much people have much pets-> eggs are getting lower and lower :(

True, like Malison, it used to be 200k (very long time ago) now look, its 70k lowest.

Milan Lame Man
03-03-2014, 07:52 AM
True, like Malison, it used to be 200k (very long time ago) now look, its 70k lowest.
LOL. I was hoping for some suggestions, not more rants from fellow farmers :-)

Anyway, at those times, everyone wanted a Malison. Now you don't see one in town for days. And the low demand drives the price low. too

utpal
03-03-2014, 08:29 AM
why farm unpopular items? low in demand and prices too.
u should farm items according to season.
like farming entom hammer and vixen egg in elite oltgar in nordr season.

now in shuyal season, bt it is almost end. farm elite breach for archon rings. bt not mch profit as it used to be sme weeks ago.

i recommend u farm and stack crates in inventory to sell in next expansion.

and at 1st week of new expansion, farm like hell in elite maps and sell those for sme considerable amount.
do this for 1month and u can get alot golds like that. after that merch lol.

Milan Lame Man
03-03-2014, 08:45 AM
Exactly. Spend life in towns to get some gear you don't need in towns. What's the point?
And yes I do plan to farm elites in Enclave but it's gonna be hard with lv36 pink gear. But let's skip that "rich getting richer, poor staying poor" argument for now.

Anarchist
03-03-2014, 09:33 AM
LoL Now is not the time to farm so my advice is: don't waste your time farming.

User111
03-03-2014, 09:35 AM
Merching > Farming

alexdroog
03-03-2014, 09:37 AM
Prices always drop at the end of a season.
Wait for new season with new stuff.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100 mit Tapatalk

Sceazikua
03-03-2014, 09:43 AM
in my pov, I think hardly the lockeds can raise much in price. 1k-2k is possible, but not much because people are hoarding them like crazy now. I used to see over 1k lockeds available in cs all time, but since the "arcane shard" was introduced the amount dropped and now its only about 200-300 all time. Its going to flood the market at the start of the season, so it wont be very effective to hoard lockeds now.

Spyce
03-03-2014, 09:45 AM
Merching > Farming

How do you merch without items that you have farmed?

User111
03-03-2014, 09:52 AM
How do you merch without items that you have farmed?

You buy stuff for cheap and sell it for a higher price later. eg buy lockeds for 10k and sell it for 20k after expansion.

Kakashis
03-03-2014, 09:53 AM
Hehe. If you opened the locked it would be very profitable without farming!

User111
03-03-2014, 09:55 AM
Hehe. If you opened the locked it would be very profitable without farming!

True if you're a plat buyer.

Milan Lame Man
03-03-2014, 10:00 AM
So no better suggestion than sticking with 4 maps (jarl, km3, mali, antee) + CS terminal for all but 2 weeks in each season?
That's so sad.
I hope it gets better when Enclave hits Arlor.

The funny part is I didn't want to sell those eggs, I wanted to open them.

GoodSyntax
03-03-2014, 10:18 AM
Right now, the only worthwhile things to farm for are Elite Goldens from Kraken, Nordr and Shuyal, some Architect gear and eggs.

Entombed hammers have dropped so far in value, that I often give them away to guildies, because the last few that I looted took several relistings before they were sold. With top-end Entombed going for 70k, it isn't worth it to specifically farm for them.

A better option is to just get the daily quest to kill 20 elite Nordr bosses for an EGW. Then, if you happen to get an egg or an Entombed while farming Frostir, it is a bonus.

To be honest, with the season winding down, it really isn't that profitable to farm anything other than Locked these days...

Just run elites because they are fun - but understand that it is a gold sink until the expansion comes out.

Pandorix
03-03-2014, 10:21 AM
Farming is kinda worthels now...whole game is runing around lockeds and plat to open em. Only high priced items to farm were firesquid and some more drop from Bael and Krunch elite. I got over 15mil profit farming Bael for one week but even that is worthels now coz of new expansion.
Arena is worthless for item farming almost since they relesed it coz pink item from arena doesnt worth even 5k for best items.
If STS keep doing this way whole game will become unplayable for free users...

Sent from Vox TV via...wait,what?

Prahasit Prahi
03-03-2014, 11:14 AM

200k are you crazy?
u know they wer 600-800k at the start
and the best suggestion for u is to farm lockeds and make money and buy with it.

Sceazikua
03-03-2014, 11:27 AM
I even heard malison was 2m or more while max gold was 10m. That time elite bael could even one hit everyone.

Zeus
03-03-2014, 11:28 AM
You know what I do not understand? Why did developers announce the campaign 2 months from it actually being released? It has now effectively killed the prices on shuyal items and other eggs (as everybody knows, lower level elite maps get easier per cap raise). This has lead to boredom and people going inactive.

GoodSyntax
03-03-2014, 11:34 AM
You know what I do not understand? Why did developers announce the campaign 2 months from it actually being released? It has now effectively killed the prices on shuyal items and other eggs (as everybody knows, lower level elite maps get easier per cap raise). This has lead to boredom and people going inactive.

I agree. This 2+ month lag has effectively killed elite runs in my guild! Right now, except for a handful of dedicated elite runners, most others are either farming KM3/Brackenridge for locked, or hanging around in Paradise Pier trying to merch.

On the plus side, this downtime has allowed me to make sure all of my guildmates have every elite AP, I have been able to give high quality gear and eggs to a lot of folks, and I have been able to write up several elite walkthroughs.

I just wish I wasn't losing tens of thousands a day in pot costs, because farming has been my primary source of income for the past few months, and now that nothing is selling, or at best is selling for a deep discount, I'm losing money every day.

Zeus
03-03-2014, 11:37 AM
I agree. This 2+ month lag has effectively killed elite runs in my guild! Right now, except for a handful of dedicated elite runners, most others are either farming KM3/Brackenridge for locked, or hanging around in Paradise Pier trying to merch.

On the plus side, this downtime has allowed me to make sure all of my guildmates have every elite AP, I have been able to give high quality gear and eggs to a lot of folks, and I have been able to write up several elite walkthroughs.

I just wish I wasn't losing tens of thousands a day in pot costs, because farming has been my primary source of income for the past few months, and now that nothing is selling, or at best is selling for a deep discount, I'm losing money every day.

Yup, unless I am merchanting, I am losing money daily in costs upward of 100k+. Luckily, I know how to buy/sell and my resources allow me to take the hit. However, not everybody is that fortunate. :/

Milan Lame Man
03-03-2014, 11:38 AM
Well maybe they tried to build expectations so inactive people have time to come back to play again. I see lots of players leveling up with last year's Best MMO banner.
Then they timed the release of Singe, and then ... it got delayed.

For me this time is somewhat a blessing because it gives me *some* chance to catch up with old players, or at least get some APs done before everyone forms a tight farming group.

But yeah, too much expectation leads to disappointment.

Xenobiotic
03-03-2014, 12:06 PM
200k are you crazy?
u know they wer 600-800k at the start
and the best suggestion for u is to farm lockeds and make money and buy with it.

Yea but that was at 16 cap.. I'm talking about 26-31.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xcainnblecterx
03-03-2014, 06:47 PM
Lol al sounds like the projects with all these economy issues.

Fyrce
03-03-2014, 07:09 PM
I cringe every time I have to do KM3. I'd much rather farm elites, but with elixirs ticking, it IS more efficient to do KM3. Kind of weird and really, really boring.