PDA

View Full Version : STS please end the ability to spam pet skills

djironlung
03-04-2014, 07:01 PM
All too common nowadays it's people setting hotkeys for pets and rapidly summoning and dismissing and resummoning the pets so they can spam pets like sam and create stun locks because they can use the pet skill once a second. there is an easy solution to this. make it so that once you use a pet skill the cool down timer stays locked until it completes so even if you switch to a different pet you can't use that new pets skill till the cool down for the previous skill completes. hence one you use a pet skill it wouldn't matter if you dismissed and resummoned or just changed pets cause once you use one pet skill you would have to wait for that pets skills cool down to complete to use any pet skill. this would put an end to pet skill spamming and make PvP more fair.

falmear
03-04-2014, 07:05 PM
Pointless to add another thread about this. They know about it and they'll do something about it in their own time. Probably 1-2 months after the expansion is released. And probably included with some other UI changes like possibly skills. So you can expect this will be around a long time. Look how long it took them to add a comma.

luka
03-04-2014, 07:06 PM
Also thats the way how elite maps records on lb were made
4 players, 4 samaels spamming arcane ab to kill crowds of mobs in a sec...

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

luka
03-04-2014, 07:08 PM
Look how long it took them to add a comma.

Thats a great example!! Lol

falmear
03-04-2014, 07:11 PM

This is a fantasy. Recs are not set by spamming Samael. And not every rec has 4 Samaels. People only think this because they don't understand how recs were set.

luka
03-04-2014, 07:13 PM
Not all, but Im sure some were cuz i used to farm with 1 samael skill spammer, we were casual just to get loot. We end up to be close to rec

Limitational
03-04-2014, 07:15 PM

Im sorry but you have never ran with them nor probably tried going for timed runs so you can't say that. You don't realize how overpowered fully decked out rogues are. THAT is how the records are set. Im not even fully supergemmed yet and i can usually 2 shot any non shuyal elite enemy after my aimed is stacked. Couple that with a arcane mage and its gg.
If the records were held by samael spammers. They would be 4 warriors if anything. Try going into your menu in a shuyal or nordr map and sam spamming. Please try. Die in 2 seconds.

djironlung
03-04-2014, 08:00 PM
actually with hot keys you don't have to go to your menu to pet spam most who pet spam use hot keys to do it

Xenobiotic
03-04-2014, 08:10 PM
Not all, but Im sure some were cuz i used to farm with 1 samael skill spammer, we were casual just to get loot. We end up to be close to rec

Umm no I'm quite sure whim is the popular one for elite but Samael is also used a lot. If somehow someone was stupid enough to spam the whole way then that would be wasting precious time.

Ventus
03-04-2014, 08:55 PM
I recall a thread like this already out like 2 weeks ago. They said it is a client issue and not a server issue. It's "on there radar" and will be fixed in a client update. Whether that means new expansion or not is unknown.

Kakashis
03-04-2014, 09:51 PM
Don't think anyone actually hot keys, just fast switching no? Even devs do this when they demonstrate Arcane pets. I think it adds diversity to the game perhaps not originally intended. You also have stun immunity for 2sec if you got stunned by anything. It's kind of like having 5 skills too

Nagin
03-05-2014, 12:52 AM
I use hotkeys to spam my lvl 36 ethyl AB, actually the cooldown of ethyl is too long and when its ability is spammed its like a continuous 150-250 damage to all mobs... I use it on kraken mines 3 for kills and fast runs ( under 1:30)

Nagin
03-05-2014, 12:56 AM
I use hotkeys to spam my lvl 36 ethyl AB, actually the cooldown of ethyl is too long and when its ability is spammed its like a continuous 150-250 damage to all mobs... I use it on kraken mines 3 for kills and fast runs ( under 1:30)

Edit : and for samael its 40% banish... Trust me guys its very very fast to use hotkeys, like ur using normal skills i can imagine people spamming sam at elites... It will sure make huge difference in elite runs... But keeping in mind fully loaded rogues with mages... I dont think samael banish is that important for getting to Lb..

Ishtmeet
03-05-2014, 01:10 AM

I guess you have never ran Elites.
Sam's ability has 10% chance to instant kill, not 100%. And if u spam skills in shuyal elite, U may not survive there. :/

Instanthumor
03-05-2014, 02:29 AM
Don't think anyone actually hot keys, just fast switching no? Even devs do this when they demonstrate Arcane pets. I think it adds diversity to the game perhaps not originally intended. You also have stun immunity for 2sec if you got stunned by anything. It's kind of like having 5 skills too

Stun immunity means you're immune to stuns, that doesn't apply to panic etc.

luka
03-05-2014, 02:39 AM
I guess you have never ran Elites.
Sam's ability has 10% chance to instant kill, not 100%. And if u spam skills in shuyal elite, U may not survive there. :/

I guesa you have never read my comment with understanding, cuz it clearly says i ran with samael spammer elite maps!

And those were shuyal maps, it went very smooth

Anarchist
03-05-2014, 03:24 AM
There is no honor in spamming pets.

TheMightyFeusalet
03-05-2014, 03:28 AM
There is no honor in spamming pets.

Trueeeee!!!!

Haligali
03-05-2014, 05:29 AM

I havent got samael.