PDA

View Full Version : Fix Str/savage?

FFA
03-04-2014, 11:09 PM
I'm sure as we all know savage/strength is very over powered, I think sts should either fix Str/savage or un-nerf the game. Mages are meant for int. Birds are meant for dex. And bears are meant Str.

fourleaf
03-05-2014, 07:30 AM
cut like 30 dmg off the set and 20 dodge and add like 25 armor

also if fiery was more playable maybe more mages would choose it, especially since imo mages should be using staff
but even in pve its like getting 1 hit by bosses and 2 hit by mobs...

FFA
03-05-2014, 10:04 AM
Int is fairly strong in pvp, as long as the Mage knows what there doing. But savage is so unfair 800 health and 50+ dodge and endgame with savage they get anywhere from 200-400dmg

Schnitzel
03-05-2014, 01:18 PM
Nerf savage plz

Savage set users kill me in pvp :(

Sheugokin
03-05-2014, 03:07 PM
Nerf savage plz

Savage set users kill me in pvp :(

Thanks for stating the obvious.

largecommand
03-05-2014, 03:55 PM
right now classes are:
bear: tanky AND high damage
Bird: squishy and moderate damage
Mage(with savage): tanky and moderate damage

what it should be:
bear: tanky and moderate damage
bird: squishy and high damage
mage: moderate health and moderate damage/ more of a support class.

it all boils down to the savage set. all other sets are fine. remove some damage from savage, the health dodge is fine.

fourleaf
03-05-2014, 05:17 PM
right now classes are:

what it should be:

it all boils down to the savage set. all other sets are fine. remove some damage from savage, the health dodge is fine.
imo mage should play like you said as a support class
or have a large dmg output with staff as a nuke since the skills for mage don't provide a full support build
the problem imo is non weapon gear adding damage remove dmg stat from all items but the weapons

Impact
03-05-2014, 05:21 PM
right now classes are:

what it should be:

Perfect explanation of current situation, dont forgot fox and rhino :)

Daueden
03-06-2014, 06:10 PM
Int is fairly strong in pvp, as long as the Mage knows what there doing. But savage is so unfair 800 health and 50+ dodge and endgame with savage they get anywhere from 200-400dmg
Wrong get your facts straight....my pally has 660 health with 45 dodge....any bird that knows how to root and shatter blast can kill a pally not that hard

angeldawn
03-06-2014, 06:51 PM
Savage does need a damage nerf additionally int mages need an armored boost. Their armor has dropped since previous caps and now birds have more armor than a Mage.

The classes are currently all messed up.

Caiahar
03-06-2014, 08:12 PM
Wrong get your facts straight....my pally has 660 health with 45 dodge....any bird that knows how to root and shatter blast can kill a pally not that hard
And if every root, blind and blast is dodged?...
Ironic when a dodge debuff gets dodged.

fourleaf
03-07-2014, 04:36 PM
any good mage knows to heal after shattering
wow no combo
thats even if all 3 hit >.>

and if mage lands any lighting or debuff pretty sure thats not killing the pally

Savage does need a damage nerf additionally int mages need an armored boost. Their armor has dropped since previous caps and now birds have more armor than a Mage.

The classes are currently all messed up.
actually angel if you go back to ao3 and below int had the lowest armor
not saying its right now, especially since int used to have the highest dmg
at ao3:
-cosmos staff: 145-195 dmg
-void bow: 135-180 dmg
-mega blaster, which was actually the better i guess, i think it gave higher skill dmg: only 120-165

now bsm:
-elite staff: 240-263
-fiery staff: 230-253
-elite bow: 263-303
-swift bow: 253-293
im using staff stats for mage cuz imo thats what they should be using, the fact they cant just proves how under armored they are, the lowest armor stat should have the highest dmg weapons
dont forget to compare the fiery 2h weapon to the 1h of the tank class
savage scythe: 234-254, and if you add the dmg from the shield its even more auto then the elite staff
pretty much explains why besides foxes and rhinos int classes are so rare in pvp
ofc there are those pl purists that play mages as int as they are supposed to be which should rly be respected, yeh I have my mage int, but i srsly almost never play it cuz I really cant successfully

Daueden
03-07-2014, 05:56 PM
any good mage knows to heal after shattering
wow no combo
thats even if all 3 hit >.>

and if mage lands any lighting or debuff pretty sure thats not killing the pally
My bird hits the combo EVERY single time against a pally...it is not a hard combo to hit, and int mages have an ability to use more skills than just lightning and debuff can they not?

fourleaf
03-07-2014, 06:07 PM
My bird hits the combo EVERY single time against a pally...it is not a hard combo to hit, and int mages have an ability to use more skills than just lightning and debuff can they not?
pls share this luck with me

all i was saying about lighting and debuff, with maxed on those two it cuts atleast 70 dmg off the bird or 140 after crit, on a pally thats gonna prevent it from dying, even with a luck god like yourself

Samhayne
03-07-2014, 06:12 PM
Once we get the AL expansion out the door, we'll have some more time in the schedule to make another pvp balance pass.

Caiahar
03-07-2014, 06:30 PM
Daueden, they're just not dodging.
Usually, 3PC, 2PC, dragon dodged ringed pallies with savage dodge alot. Either that pallies you fight dont dodge/arent good, or stg luvs u right now.
I still find it ironic that a dodge debuffs can be dodged.

And thanks Sam!

fourleaf
03-07-2014, 06:47 PM
Once we get the AL expansion out the door, we'll have some more time in the schedule to make another pvp balance pass.
thanks so much sam, also glad to know you keep your eye on this subforum

yeh srsly

i still think making the dodge stat only affect auto attacks and weapon procs would be a huge improvement, would solve so much of the luck problems and still leave pve quite balanced

although pve may be the root of the problem
i think the taunt mechanic isnt working to give bears/rhinos aggro over the bird/mage huge skill dmg, so sts boosted bears with a huge rage and very powerful weapon to give them a nice dmg output to hold the aggro, obviously since birds and mages have rather low armor and health the dmg is too much to handle

no explanation for the insane dodge though

Daueden
03-07-2014, 09:51 PM
Usually, 3PC, 2PC, dragon dodged ringed pallies with savage dodge alot. Either that pallies you fight dont dodge/arent good, or stg luvs u right now.

And thanks Sam!
My Mage is 2pc and doesn't dodge once I get rooted, it's not hard to land a root and win a pally/bear

Caiahar
03-08-2014, 12:01 AM

And thanks Sam!
My Mage is 2pc and doesn't dodge once I get rooted, it's not hard to land a root and win a pally/bear
2PC doesn't have much dodge, a dragon ring outmatches.
Well I find 2PC pallies easier than normal since they have less dodge.
Many pallies are new to the cap, and use dragon rings
Oldies usually have 3PC.
Same with bears.

Kiwihawk
03-08-2014, 04:13 AM
Lmao, its basicly just birds complaining about savage, you guys were op for so long when bsm dropped

largecommand
03-08-2014, 11:37 AM
Lets take this back a few caps. Sewer cap, bird op, a custom set can easily kill a bear, break root shat blast, dead, there was alot of custom mages as i remember. Dex was most powerful

Nuri cap, the demo mace set was op in any hands. Even a str mage can win against a int mage. So str was the most powerful. But a good int mage could have a pretty good chance against bear and bird.

Mount fang cap, crafted lilith was soooooo tanky. Plus high damage. All a mage had to do it steal fire ice a bird to win. Lucky if bird dodges. So int is the most powerfull here.

The 71 cap I wasn't here for it so i wouldn't know. As far as I have seen at 66, either str or dex is the most powerful.

Now at the current cap. At first dex was VERY op. 1 blast would kill anything not str. After the nerf savage became op.

So if we tally everything up..

Dex: 2, sewer and early bsm, maybe 3 because of 71 cap.
Str: 2, nuri and current cap.
Int: 1, maybe nuri too.

Now every cap has its own "most powerful". But it should be most powerful in its own class. I.e int-mage str-bear dex-bird

Also the gap shouldn't be too big like the current cap.

KevinDotson
03-08-2014, 06:26 PM
As long as all this just affects pvp I'm ok with it but I only pve so nerfing specs to make me weaker in game is unnecessary. That last buff/debuff rebalance still stings in pve :(

Daueden
03-08-2014, 06:46 PM
Lmao, its basicly just birds complaining about savage, you guys were op for so long when bsm dropped
My bird does just fine and I like the challenge

fourleaf
03-09-2014, 10:53 AM
Lets take this back a few caps. Sewer cap, bird op, a custom set can easily kill a bear, break root shat blast, dead, there was alot of custom mages as i remember. Dex was most powerful

Now at the current cap. At first dex was VERY op. 1 blast would kill anything not str. After the nerf savage became op.

So if we tally everything up..

Dex: 2, sewer and early bsm, maybe 3 because of 71 cap.
Str: 2, nuri and current cap.
Int: 1, maybe nuri too.

Now every cap has its own "most powerful". But it should be most powerful in its own class. I.e int-mage str-bear dex-bird

Also the gap shouldn't be too big like the current cap.
Problem is this cap has been so long
I think at 71 str bear was slightly stronger but over all it was pretty close, its not like str was so strong the majority of mages were using it

Was I the only bear that never felt weaker than birds at start of blacksmoke?
as soon as I saw that rank 9 hellscream.

all that decreased was the number of times birds avoided get 2 skill comboed.
Yeh bears should be able to land beckon more, but they aren't supposed to have that much dmg, they should have more armor and health points instead

I think now pallies are actually tougher than before nerf, first because over all dmg got nerfed so they take less, but they still heal the same amount, and second because birds had their dodge crit and hit drastically reduced, bears lost some dodge and a good amount of crit, pallies only lost their crit

FFA
03-11-2014, 02:52 PM

Thank you for caring!
First make al cap. :) then make pl new cap. Then fix pvp :D

FortalWao
03-12-2014, 02:54 AM

And thanks Sam!
Yes except for bird dies on 2 hits and you have to land like 5000000000 hits to kill a bear because of regen/armor/hp/dodge which is unlikely since if beckon hits you, you're done and if you dodge it, they still got hs and if you dodge even that, they beckon you away and run regen behind a tree (well that's what I'd do). If you are str and you still lose to birds most of the time... Perhaps it's not that birds are strong... It's that you're weak.

Ssneakykills
03-14-2014, 09:27 AM

Go int Mage then pally is all skill spamming and that's it

Daueden
03-16-2014, 01:44 PM
Go int Mage then pally is all skill spamming and that's it
I was int for 3 caps plus the majority of black smoke so I know how to use Int just fine....and pally is not all skill spamming

NotYoCookiez
03-16-2014, 03:44 PM

noooo. Int mages are feeling the rotted end of the deal. Bears can pull stomp and kill int mages.

fourleaf
03-16-2014, 08:48 PM

noooo. Int mages are feeling the rotted end of the deal. Bears can pull stomp and kill int mages.
agreed
dex bear can beckon stomp slash and kill int mage fully buffed with ms

Ssneakykills
03-17-2014, 10:09 AM
I was int for 3 caps plus the majority of black smoke so I know how to use Int just fine....and pally is not all skill spamming

Pretty sure the majority of pallys spam skills. You probably don't notice becasue your a op pally yourself..

Draebatad
03-26-2014, 03:00 PM
As long as all this just affects pvp I'm ok with it but I only pve so nerfing specs to make me weaker in game is unnecessary...

+1 - completely agree with you on this!

Please focus on a PL expansion and feature enhancements to the guild system - I will address the latter in another topic entirely,

Kind Regards

Jhawkeye
04-01-2014, 10:34 PM
But does foxes and rhinos though?

FFA
04-04-2014, 01:21 PM
Al cap has been out for a while. Are we working on the nerf?

largecommand
04-04-2014, 10:10 PM
Doubt they are since they haven't made a thread about the opinion of the community: whay exactly they want nerfed.
They did this last time Before THE GREAT NeRF

Mister Smith
04-05-2014, 09:26 PM
Thanks for stating the obvious.

Lol

Zektrin
04-06-2014, 06:59 PM

Lol, nah man.. theyre are only a few pures out there that know what theyre doing.. and the majority of endgame pvp is all pallys or birds, im not complaining about birds at all, but pallys hitting a 300 drain on me while buffed is outragous. i think pure int mages get it the hadest before anything.

fourleaf
04-07-2014, 05:27 PM

Lol, nah man.. theyre are only a few pures out there that know what theyre doing.. and the majority of endgame pvp is all pallys or birds, im not complaining about birds at all, but pallys hitting a 300 drain on me while buffed is outragous. i think pure int mages get it the hadest before anything.
its ridiculous because they gave the highest dmg weapon(bows this cap) to a class with out giving it the lowest armor(int this cap)

Schnitzel
04-07-2014, 06:12 PM
Back in 2010-ish time

3 classes
Bear: Defense class
Bird: Damage class
Mage: Support class

Now it feels like this
Bear: Damage AND Defense
Bird: Still damage
Mage (Pallies): Damage AND Defense